View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #8
MrsJim
Uber-Moderator!!

I don't use alarm clocks - Jim likes to stay in bed a LOT longer than I do.

I just trained myself...Dad says that when he was growing up (he was a farm boy) they didn't use alarm clocks - they just woke up at the right time (I suspect that during the winter months it was GETTING OUT OF BED that was the real issue - their old farmhouse didn't have central heating to say the least!).

So that's what I did...I stopped staying up late watching teevee (really, is there ANYTHING worth staying up for these days??) and now we usually hit the sack by 9:00 or 9:30 tops. I was able to train myself to wake up - I just commit to waking up at a certain time and for some reason I just do!

I'm so accustomed to my early morning workouts that if I DON'T work out first thing, I just don't FEEL like I have that much energy...it definitely ENERGIZES me to get some sweat and endorphins goin' first thing in the AM.

And a little over three years ago...we adopted Chalupa Boy, followed the next year by Chubby Girl (our two kitties). They're VERY accustomed to having their first snack no later than 4 am...so if I'm ever late getting up, they make SURE I'm awake, trust me!

Bottom line...it's just a matter of practicing until it becomes a habit. And even if there IS a show that you feel you simply MUST watch...well...there's always TiVo.
September 1996: 155 pounds (-110 lbs)
*LIVING at: 145-149 pounds, size 4/6 (-116/120 lbs)

*Maintenance = LIVING.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Wanna know how I lost the weight and have kept it off for over 16 years? Click here!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote