Old 04-04-2005, 04:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Around the World again with the friendly Chicks # 6

Welcome to version six of the worldly chicks house. Time to change as it was getting a bit crowded and sometimes we have have computer problems if there gets to be a large number of pages.

Here's the old thread if you want to go backwards and see what we get up to. Old Home

New house is a moated 650 year old Manor house - Ightam Mote. This was a house I fell in love with while in England in 2003.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:14 AM   #2  

Evening all. Welcome to the new home. You've been a busy lot over on the old thread today (which is good) but sometimes the more pages there are, the more trouble people seem to have.

Holly that basement sounds very vibrant and busy. What a clever painter you are measuring up all those colours and stripes and getting them straight. Me, I roll, brush, rag or sponge but don't measure.

All these new hairdo's. Will I recognise any of you when I get over there? Glad that you got the electricity or lack of all organised Mel. You can use my hammock - just get pedalling. Give me 5 minutes notice because then I can get the coffee pot on and the hammock slung and a few biscuits on the side. 2lbs down is a good victory ol buddy. Well done.

Rose, nice to have you back. Hope the son gets himself together again. Later he will work out that it wasn't worth it, but it is so hard to tell them so at this time.
The walking sounds good. Nothing like a bit of physical exercise to clear the mind. But on the beer parties into the night. How many people does he room with?

Thanks for the kind thoughts on the job Happy, all is well, I shall enlarge shortly. Those hornets must have been big if DH reached for the bug spray and not the camera.

Hurrah, one more chick for the thread Linus. A bald kid, well mine tend to go to the barber, get a number 1 and wait for it to grow out. DS2 was looking a bit gollywoggish last week. Must be due for the shearing shed again. His hair is so thick that it has to stand up straight, there is too much of it to lie down. DS1 is not quite as thick however is curly and he hates the ringlet look, hence the short back and sides. Tell DS the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 2 weeks and because it is self inflicted we have no sympathy. Teel never said anything about going away - maybe she is doing it in case I ring again at midnight. Anyway, it will do her the world of good to get out and about and talking to people instead of driving herself crazy!!! Do you hear me Teel???

Suzi would you mind sending the rain this way. We are getting desperate - there is only 21/2 years supply left in the dams and the veges are going up and meat is skyhigh again. Maybe I need a cow in the backyard to give milk and fertiliser?

Meadow, it really is awful when one gets those blues. I wish there was something I could do or say to help you snap out of it. Just don't go leaving us here to wonder where you went. I love the exercise bloke. Keep looking at it, it may bring motivation.

I've joined Madcat's challenge for June 1st. I've pledged to lose 3Kilo. It will be hard going - you know how slowly I lose. Hey Suzi, we need some more from downunder to even up the weights. Go see Madcat's entry. If we are to keep the hemispheres on an even keel, we need more Kiwis and Aussies. Maybe we should point the Aussie thread in that direction.

The job - aahhh yes the job. This morning, just as I was building up a head of steam, the woman from the agency rung me to see if I had got the papers. Now that was stupid because I told her to send them to the management company in Sydney. Yes that's what she meant. Told her I had heard nothing, seen no one and was beginning to wonder if the job was actually there! Oh yes it is. Okay M. I then rung the managment company who had scanned and signed the papers and sent them back last Wednesday or Thursday, but lo and behold had got some more, different ones today which they need to send on to me for signing. Later I get an e-mail from M telling me what, when, where, how and who to see next Monday. Such is life. I have a job.

Today has been successful. Gym early and then I did a lot of preparatory work for painting and put the glass screen back up in the bathroom. After all the sanding I had to clean the house from top to bottom - next time I sand, remind me to put drop sheets down will you! Idiot. Anyway the house did need the clean. I've done some laundry, done the planting of stock, pansies, petunias and lobelia, watered all the pots as well. The last lot of plants I put around the potted frangipani tree are starting to show colour. There should be masses of blooms around the patio shortly. Annuals create work but they are pretty. So today was productive, active and enjoyable. A bit more rubbish went out as well. Apart from the shed and the roof space, there isn't much more I can chuck out. At last the place begins to feel like me.

Thats about it for today. Time to think about tomorrow - which is treadmill at the gym, more sanding, some grout in the bathroom, fertilise the gardenias and find out how I can get the screen in the bathroom secured properly. What I thought I could do, doesn't seem to want to work in fact. #$%^&** See you tomorrow. Enjoy the new house.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

i am on my way to the Mall. BUT I fear that no one has read that I lost 2 POUNDS in my last post!!!! Pay attention here cause this may be the last 2 lbs I lose! AND there is going to be a quiz at the end of the week!!!
Shad~ I didn't read yet as I have no time this morning but thanks for the new home and I love the moat. Brought my long johns is case it's chilly!

Have a great day and take care!! Happy NEW week!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #4  

Yahoo MEL!!!!!!!!
Nice new digs Shad!!!! A moat even!!!!!

When I see the basement colours upstairs in proper daylight they are REALLY loud. Down in the dungeon they are perfect!
I will piant the new Manor dungeon in dayglow colours!! A little lime green and yellow!! Just incase any naughty men show up and need a place to sleep.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #5  
Radiate self!

Congratulations MEL!! Two pounds, you are right, I totally forgot that part of your post I was so shocked about the residents thinking you had fairydust that could put the electrics back on Hope the mall was a blast

Shad-Excellent new home Totally liking the white manor house vibe. It needs a dose of Antonio of course which I will post at the end of my message, I'm sure I have an appropriate pic that will look stunning in the entrance hall Glad the information about your position came through and you can relax now that the details are semi-clear

Holly-you know you have been Debbie-ized if you are taping off sections and putting up blocks of colour, come on admit it, she has taken over your headspace and you are just itching to put colour on every wall That woman is the reason our front entrance is butterscotch

The exercise motivation caught me and wrestled me into 2miles of walk away the pounds video last night and I even did 12 knee bends before bed just because I can Funny how venting and writing out how you are feeling can stimulate the old muscles to get moving

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...b-bluerain.jpg

Last edited by Meadow; 04-04-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 PM   #6  

eeewwww ,all theses bright colours please ladies im scottish ,love the new home ill have to get a view
MEL WELL DONE TO YOU sorry i missed that bit , ,well things just started to settle down and ive now been reliably informed that 2 new houses are soon going to be available and sa im top of the list hopefully one of them will be mine ,im feeling a lot better still snotty and bunged up but no temp and no pain , i still have till next tuesday till the kids go back to school but hey they sleep all day and comp all night so why am i worried ,i am going to endevour to show craig how to iron this week he tried to put the ironing board up for me to iron his jeans and broke it and i think its way time he learned
well im off for a nice hot shower am gonna miss a call from teel at our usual time {8pm} so ill have a showwer and coffee instead speak to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #7  
Happy September

TEEL WENT ON VACATION AND DIDN'T TAKE ANY OF US!! THE NERVE!!! Hope she's having a good time but I thought she had said she was going to visit someone a LONG time ago though!!

Linus~ Boys will be boys!! Hope it groews quickly!
Glad to see you here and take care. maybe this week you'll actually be able to feel like a human being!! ((((HUGS)))))

Nae~ Sorry for the son's pain. Something we all go through and wish as Mothers that we could protect them from it. ((((HUGS)))) for both of you too! glad to see you back and walking!!! good for you!!!

Holly~ My bright eyed child!!! Love the color scheme and all the activity in your house!!! Getting ready to pick out colors for when you come to my house next!

Meadow~ Real exercise?!?!? Congratulations!!! I am very proud of you too!!! No one was more shocked than I when I got on the scale. Hope we both exercise the week away!!! Thanks for Antonio....love the pensive look in this one!!! He will look lovely in the entrance hall!

Shad~ Thank the stars that the papers are done and everyone is happy?!?!? I hope????? I bet you will be glad when you actually get one foot in the door next week!!! Hope the week now gives you time for all your busy stuff and happy sanding! Are all the mice bald now?!?!?

The Mall was fine and I took clara's money and a gift card and bought some more summer/spring clothes. I wasn't going to get any mor and wait to see if the weight goes down but I need some more fashionable things to go riding about town and wanted to look more modern. a friend says the wardrobe is too dowdy so I bought all sherbet colors to wear. kind of like Holly's basement!!! Clara needed help for almost 3 hours! and the checkbook was a disaster area!! But then I haven't been there in 2 weeks! Well, gonna shower and get into bed and read! have a great night.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #8  

How much damage can a 90 year old do in 2 weeks??? Don't answer that, my mother couldn't work out why she didn't have any money in her account when she still had cheques in her cheque book.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:15 AM   #9  

Default All mice sanded and balls replaced!!!!

Not so busy today, mainly because I didn't pull up from the gym so well and it took an hour or so to get the *** moving up and down the ladders etc. I even went for an early siesta in the hope that things might improve. So my list got started this afternoon and apart from the sewing of hems on the legs of my trousers the list is done. The new shower screen works a treat - no more water on the floor other than that which I spilt myself. So now I can get on with the grouting and move along.

Dear oh dear the wedding of the year has had to be postponed because of the Popes funeral. Wonder if HM asked for the funeral to be on the same date??? Oooh that was nasty, Shad.

The news tonight is depressing, what with the funeral of the year and the homecoming of the military personnel who died in Nais in Indonesia after flying in supplies to the earthquake victims. Poor souls.

Linus I have my fingers crossed for the house for you. You will need something when the bump jumps. I might tell you, keeping the fingers crossed makes typing very difficult. Good luck with teaching Craig to iron. Although if he likes to look good, he probably will be quite happy to learn.

Meadow, delighted that the venting produced some action for you. Could be the beginning of a wonderful relationship with the scale!!

The attached picture is the garden at Ightam Mote. If we are to have AB in the entrance hall, and the dungeon full of fruit salad colours, what do you want to do with the secret chapel and the priest hole?

See ya
Old 04-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #10  
Happy September

Don't you think that the priest should worry about his own hole! Sorry Shad.....I am glad you list is finished and does that mean you have some time to just lounge around?!?!?!?
That would be a nice treat before the new one starts
Loved the pic and I am glad I brought the warmer undies. It was a bit chilly last night!! but I love all the fireplaces!!!

I have been a bit down since coming home from the Mall. We lost the 2 tenants who were in the hospital and the bldg is in shock. first the Pope and they died on the same day. I worked today to fill in the gaps while they took turns going to see some tenants and services too. Sad time.
Today was absolutely gorgeous and I started it with a quick trip to the market and bought tuna steaks. I'll marinade it tomorrow. There just wasn't any time today. I also spent my lunch and breaks outside in the sun warming up this old body and loving every minute of it! Hope everyone is OK and wondering where they all are!!! It's only you and Porangi, Shad!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #11  

Think they all did their dash yesterday. The gardens in the new house are nice, but a bit hilly in places, don't let the wheelchair roll into the pond will you!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #12  
Radiate self!

A wee bit of humour to little the blahs

USEFUL PHRASES AT WORK:
I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.
Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental
I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.
I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
No, my powers can only be used for good.
How about never? Is never good for you?
I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me
You sound reasonable...Time to up my medication
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
Who me? I just wander from room to room.
My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!
At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #13  
Happy September

Shad I promise to wear my water wings just in case I forget!!!
Splish Splash I was taking a bath!!!!

Meadow tomorrow I am going to use the one.....I don't work here I'm just a consultant! I love these and will use them often downstairs!!!

Really going to bed and rest this time!! LOL Have great days tomorrow!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #14  

Evening chicks. It's been a LONG one for me again.
Mel~ thanks for you input in my journal. It is a huge possibility my kid sare a little jealous of the kids who get to stay home with me! You are brilliant.

5 toddlers ages 3 and under all day and the 4 big kids from 3:30 to 5 too. Gorgeous day here!!! My fav temp 17C. Woohoooooo. Light breeze and sunshine. Spent all aft outside. Pulled the mulch back from a few perennials and taadaa things are growing!!!!
Worked on the handbook some more.I was at the church from 6-now for photo viewing for the directory. The pic of my 2 kids is STUNNING. The fam pic is alright.
I ate well ALL day ,no indescretions and I did the WATP for the first time in a Looooong time.

Meadow~ you are sounding less down. Glad to hear your chipper self!!! I LOVE painting shows!! Can you tell?? LOL!
Shad~ you sound good too. Get some relaxing in!
Linus~ all is crossed for a great new house!

I am too wound for sleep just yet. i will watch Idol and gather trash for the morning.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Shad, I love the new home. You should give up training and go into real estate. Trouble is, none of us poor souls can afford the digs I am glad to hear that they have straightened out all the proper papers for your job. Also... a while back I mentioned there was a person at work that I had difficulty understanding and I though she might be an Aussie? Turns out she's from South Africa. It's easier understanding her face to face than on the telephone.

Meadow, I like the latest AB pic - particularly some of the sayings you've added along - nice job!

Yay MEL!!!! Yay, yay, YAY on the 2 pound loss for the week. Just keep doing it, however you get there lady. If you were in the mood for sherbet wardrobe colors, this was the spring to get them. Lots of aquas, pinks and purples this year, with a bit of lime green thrown in.

Linus, I have my fingers crossed and sending you a few prayers that one of those new houses comes your way and that DH approves this time around. I think your new fluffy chickie needs a new home. We all offer our services as redecorators you know.

Gosh, I have to decide between sleep and posting. I'm yawning so much my eyes are tearing. Quickly then, I have joined Madcat's ECO challenge on the journals. Stuck to my 2 liters of water - which doesn't seem like much but it is for me, I have to take 8 gulps at a time to get that water bottle line to move. Exercise - DH and I have been taking walks around the neighborhood at night. Got to meet some new neighbors and check out some lovely homes and gardens. Food could be better - not awful but not quite as perfect as it can be. Lots of temptations at the candy machine avoided tho I can say that.

I really need to get to sleep now, sorry to be short. Hellos to the rest of the bunch - Tig, Suzi, Nae, Holly and the vacationing Teel

I leave you with a picture of the yard in bloom. The reds and pinks have come out but the whites and purples are lagging behind which is alright with me - means we have better than a month of color. This is what I see right out my window. There's a bench for sitting in the middle of the azaleas and the black fence up top is actually the pool area. I will take a pic up there when the pool cover comes off next week. The picture is kind of dark - DH can't seem to capture the picture I see when I look at that yard with my eyes. Tho perhaps my vision is not what it seems?

Have a good night chickies...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardInBloom.jpg (38.5 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-06-2005 at 01:15 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote