Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Back from the doc

I'm not sure how much good it did but I had my yearly and had the IUD removed. He said he didn't think the IUD was causing my headaches since I've had it for a year and am just now really starting to get them. (I have a killler one right now). He gave me a couple of samples of relpax and a prescription for it as well as some samples of panlor pain killers. He told me that if it wasn't migraines then the relpax wouldn't help. I've already taken the two I can take for the day and it did not help. My boss told me about her visit to the doc and she told her that depending on where the pain was it, she could be having cluster headaches and that the migraine medicine won't work with it.

I'm going to try the painkillers when I get home (Of course we're going to see Elmo with the kids tonight) and hope that it will get rid of the pain. I guess my next step will be to see about getting an MRI or something to see if what's going on.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:19 PM   #2  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for posting, Dawnyal. I was wondering how it went at the doctor's. Sorry to hear the Relpax doesn't help. Headaches are the pits - worse than intestinal flu or anything, I think.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:28 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well, I guess consider this step one. Sorry your not feeling much better.

Elmo..Hmmmm - got any earplugs??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:33 PM   #4  
I love chocolate! <sigh>

Sorry you're feeling so poorly. Headaches are a KILLER! Hope you're better soon.
ChunkyThighSyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #5  

I'm sorry it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was hoping the IUD would be the culprit since that can be so easily fixed. But I guess the Dr.'s right, if you've had it for a year and are just now developing headaches, then that's probably not the issue. Have you gone back over your food logs to see if you've been eating anything different in the last few weeks? Red wine, more chocolate than usual, etc.? Maybe there's a common denominator that you aren't even fully aware of. I suffer from migraine, tension and cluster headaches, so I know where you're coming from. When I get a bad one I take a combination of an antihistamine and Excedrin Migraine along with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Dim the lights if you can and just try to relax for a few minutes. I know that may be nearly impossible with a house full of kids but I do hope you'll be able to find a little time cause this has gone on long enough! Good luck sweetie, I feel your pain.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Dawnyal,

Sorry that the headaches persist. It is no fun when the headaches won't let up. I never used to have them, then when my kids were little, seems like I had them a lot ~ the hormonal changes with TOM seemed to be the time they were the worst. I took Fiorinal for them. Sometimes it helped, and sometimes not even that helped. One time out I ran out of the Fiorinal and out of desperation, I tried Excedrin. It ended up that helped me better than anything I had tried. Wish I had tried it sooner. I hope for you that soon you find something that will help yours.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

This may be off the mark totally, but could it be eyestrain? When I spend extra time on the computer, I can get terrible headaches, even migraines. And if I play those dang computer games it's even worse.

The eye doctor told me that after/around 40 your eyes change and you tend to get far sighted.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #8  

I have reading glasses because when I first got online (about 7 years or so ago) I was getting terrible eye strain from spending 9+ hours a day in front of the computer at work and then coming home and playing online for 3-5 hours in the evening.

TOM showed up yesterday (it's a good thing this time) and I feel like I've gained 20 pounds, I'm that bloated. I'm also cramping and such but I took a pain killer for it and I'm actually feeling like me again. I also got a headache yesterday but it wasn't too bad and my aunt showed me some info from a Reader's Digest study about migraines and suggested taking melatonin before bed to help with them. (It was stuff her doc gave her.)
Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I hope you can find something to help. Kimberley suffers from headaches all the time. I feel so bad for her. That really has to suck to have to deal with those all the time.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #10  
Donna B.

Sorry to hear about your headaches. I used to get them from chocolate and nuts as a child. They were so bad I would have to lay in a dark room and just wait for them to pass. Have you considered a food allergy test?

Hang in there,
-Donna
Donna B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #11  

I haven't considered a food test just yet. I haven't really eaten anything new in forever. If they don't go away, then I will be seeing a doc and will be armed with a ton of questions as to what to test for, etc.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #12  
Abby's Mommy

Dawnyal, Im so sorry to hear that you've been feeling bad. Hopefully you can find something to help. The melatonin should help some, and id nothing else, it will help you get a good nights sleep. I took it last year when I went through a spell of *absolutly* sleepless nights. I hope you feel better soon!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #13  
Jenny

I get very bad migraines and was put on Imitrex. My migraines are usually gone within 45 minutes, it's heaven sent.
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote