Old 04-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default Weekend Challenge

I know a lot of us have problems on the weekend. So I wanted to start a new challenge. It's Friday afternoon so lets be good to ourselves this weekend and do the right thing. I will stay on plan 100% this weekend. So who is with me.

Now my weekend plan includes my treat meal but I'm not allowed to go over 600 extra calories on that day. So what ever you plan is lets plan on sticking to it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #2  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm with you Howie! It'll be easy for me though, because I never go off plan... too tempting to stay off. Instead I'll add an extra 30 seconds to the elliptical, that will get me to 17 minutes. I should be dead by then! I also have to work all weekend so I'll have my food prepaired for the day and bring it with me to work.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I'd like to join. I need to get back on track, and maybe this will help me do it. I haven't been horrible, but not exactly on plan either. I am working this weekend, and usually it is easier to get back on/ stay on plan when I am working. But in my recent frame of mind, I fear old habits taking over ~ the I'll "sort of" be good then really crack down on Monday mind set.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

I'm with you!! Weekends are my killer. I'm home all day, so it's just sooo easy to grab a quick snack and munch. Even when I know I'm not hungry...
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #5  
Blue Bunny Butt

S/C/G: 304/304/180

Height: 6'1"

Great idea Howie! Count me in! I also hope to boost activity by adding an extra workout. I vow to stick to my grocery list...once I get past that trip on Saturday, it will dictate the tone of the rest of the weekend.

Howie, I do have a quick question for you. When do you have your treat meal? Did you have any problems not letting it turn into a treat day or weekend when you first started that? My hubbie and I go out of Friday's....but when I allow myself to indulge, even within reason, it seems to carry over for the entire weekend.
togger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the challenge Howie. I'm going to use this weekend to get on track. Here are my goals for this weekend.
I'm going to schedule all my meals and snacks for the weekend and stay under 2000 calories.
I will exercise both Saturday and Sunday morning even if it is just one mile of the WATP.
Spend as much time outside as possible with the kids since the temps are going to be in the mid to upper 70s.
On a non-weight issue I'm going to get my bedroom cleaned up (junk off dresser and out from under bed, dusting and such) and change it around.

I'm hoping the headaches won't be back but I'm going to be prepared with the painkillers if they do.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 PM   #7  
Born Loser

Glad to have you all joining me.

Togger in answer to your question. Yes I did used to have problems with it bleeding over into the whole weekend. However I have been able to keep it to one meal the past several months now. It's hard in your mind to tell yourself it's all right to have one treat and not let it go into more. Since I started counting the calories of my treats it has helped to keep that in check. I want it to be no more than a 600 calorie splurge but it has in weeks past ended up being more like 800 to 1000. Even so counting the calories has kept me from going more than that, plus it keeps me mindful so I don't binge the next day or that night. See because I am staying on plan in and counting the calories when I get up the next day I'm not disgusted with my self. I stayed on plan and that helps me continue to do so the next day.

I think the hardest part to over come is how we think not what we eat. So this is what I do and it has helped a lot.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:00 AM   #8  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Well... I just got done with my 17 minutes on the elliptical for Saturday! I went 2.7 MPH for just about the whole time, at resistance 6 for .73 miles! (My Memorial Day distance goal is .75... woohoo!) Burned 124 fat calories, so about 14 grams, considering I only take in 20g at a max per day this is gonna be a 'loser' day for me! Thanks again for the challange Howie! It's just what I needed to get my shrinking butt in gear!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #9  
Born Loser

Your welcome Sara. I had my treat night last night. Taco bell. Stayed within my aloted calories for treat night. So back to my normal calories today.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I failed this challenge miserably but I also felt like crap. I did get outside and play with the kiddos on Saturday and jumped on the trampoline with them for a few minutes so that's something. I feel a lot better today and am getting back on track.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #11  
Born Loser

No matter what happens Dawnyal just keep trying. That is the most important thing. You can do this.

I did end up going over my calories on treat day by 160 (lowfat ice cream). However I made up for that yesterday by staying 225 under calories. Plus I feel really good about Saturday because we went to friends house and they had a cheese and veggie tray. In times past there would not have been a peice of cheese left on that tray. This time there was tons left.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #12  

Well done everyone. I didn't read the challenge til after the weekend!!!

However I did join in!!!! Like most people weekends are my danger time. I scheduled my weekend, and to my great surprise, I didn't snack all weekend!!! I did an exercise routine at the gym both Saturday and Sunday, did my 10 000 steps both days, and had a swim on Sunday morning.

I even did my grocery shopping, and stayed within plan with everything I bought.

So I was with you all in spirit, I do hope this becomes a weekly thing. It makes the weekend easier knowing that I am not the only one dreading it!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote