Old 04-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #1  

Smile LCFS Week of April 3rd

Good morning,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Lynn, I am so happy for you that your annoying neighbors have gone. . Have you been sleeping better without the dogs roaming loose? Did your rain turn to snow at all?

Nikki, that's a good idea, about putting tape where you want the stylist to cut. Another use for duct tape?? I don't mind that she cut my bangs a little shorter because half the time I don't wear bangs, I blow dry them back off my face.

Anne, hope you have a relatively quiet week at work.

Have a great day.
Ali
Old 04-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #2  

Happy Monday All: Well yesterday our rain turned to a major snow storm, today is gorgeous and tomorrow it will be in the 60's. I love winter but I hate this in between stage. Ali it is heavenly to be able to sleep all night , if fact the silence is almost deafening. The poor owner has had to hall in a dumpster to get rid of all the crap next door. The place has to be gutted, hard to believe that somebody can do that in 16 months or so. A friend of DS's was over on Sunday and made a low ball offer. As he told the guy I can do all the work myself but its going to cost you big bucks to get all the different jobs sorted out. It would be great if he got it.He only does short term rentals in the summer and works on his places in the winter (3 of them). We would never see anyone when we were here in the winter.Ali how far of a drive is it to your place from Largo? We are thinking of going there for a while this winter if all goes well. Hi Anne hope you had a great weekend. Nikki, were are you ? Talk to you all later.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #3  

Good morning,

We had a great day yesterday, it was in the 80's hardly any humidity. A gorgeous day all around.

Lynn, sent you an e mail. How much snow did you get? When we lived in NH, March was my least favorite month. The snow usually started to melt, the snow was filthy, and with the warmer air, it caused a lot of fog, not to mention the mud! Those former neighbors of your's really must've been to live like that. The poor landlord. It sounds like there is a lot of work to be done. I hope your DS's friend gets the job. Glad you're getting some sleep now that those dogs are gone.

Anne, hope your Monday went well.

Hi Nikki

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Ali
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #4  

Hi Everyone!

We are in the process of "fiscal year end" at work and its been nuts......
I go home each night and flop

I rec'd a note from Davids school that the annual meetings to discuss programing etc. will be held on May 2. is going to really give me a
problem with this. First of all its a Monday and the workload is massive
after the weekend, secondly the auditors will be in doing the Hospital audit
and we are not allowed any days off. The meeting at the school is a must
attend. They certainly won't reschedule because they do the entire class
that day and that is the day the board and executives have choosen.

I don't know if I should just "lay down the law" to or just call in sick.

I have had perfect attendance for the last three years and I hate to call in
sick when I am not

Aleka, 80s no humity!!! Excellent!!!

Lynn, I hope you are sleeping better. I know there is nothing worse than
not getting the rest you need right now.

Nikki, How are you doing!!! Whats the weather like out your way? We had
dreadful weather over the weekend, it was snowing and sleeting, you would
have thought it was January Its nice and sunny today though.

Have a great day.
Anne.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #5  

Good morning All: Before I forget Anne I am sleeping really well. If I didn't have to get up for the bathroom trips I would be sleeping though the night At least I am able to get back to sleep. I wonder if I was half staying awake to see if the dogs were loose??????? I'll never know. Do landloads ever get ripped off in Ontario if they have a bad tenent. It has taken him approx. 6 months of lawyers, than he went to the courts to have a letter of eviction sent for $125.00 than if they ignored that he had to go back to court and wait for 3 weeks for a sheriff to throw them out. That would have cost him $400.00 I'm off to GTA in a hour or so to stay with SF. I will be back on Saturday than back down on Monday for the week and 3 more weeks after that. My posting will be hap hazard to say the least. Should have a chance to get on computer when SF is in hospital. Hi Ali, Hi Nikki, Talk you later
Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone

Lynn, have a safe trip and hope things go well for you. I don't know why anyone would want to be a landlord there, sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I'm glad the dogs and their people are gone.

Anne, if it were me, I'd call in sick, because that way, it would be for sure. I have never been good about going to work regularly when I've had a job. I always used my sick leave whenever I needed a day off. My idea about that is, life is short. So, I've taken sick days, just because it's nice weather. Maybe I'm not the one that should be giving advise about calling in sick
Our weather has been fantastic. In the 70's and sunny. I've been planting seeds in my garden and my radishes are already up. There are spring flowers blooming all over the place and DH will have to mow the yard within the week.

Ali, are you going to go back to WW meetings? I'm still on the fence about attending. I hate to be committed to something, but I do need to get motivated again.

Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 04-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #7  

Good almost afternoon!

I got back a while ago from WW. I lost 1.6 lb. last week. I'm not going to change my weight tracker until I've lost 5 lb.

We've had this annoying fly in the house for the past couple of days and it had Lacee very upset. I was getting supper last night and she was between me and the counter with the fly buzzing around her head, shaking like a leaf. Then the fly got onto the window screen (the window was open), I got a roll of papertowels, just touched the roll to the fly and unexpectedly the screen popped out of the window and landed on the ground outside and the fly went along with it. I did get the screen back into the window. I stood there stunned then started roaring! The fly is gone!

Lynn, have a safe trip and remember, think of yourself first. I'll be thinking about you. These tenents were awfully expensive for that poor landlord. That's awful he's got to shell out money for a lawyer along with whatever work has to be done. Too bad there isn't a tenent "black list" to go around so other landlords can be aware.

Anne, I agree with Nikki, call in sick. When I worked I made sure I used up my sick days before I lost them at the end of the year. It would also be less of a hassle than asking for the day off.

Nikki, personally, I need the accountability of weighing in each week. I tried doing it on my own and couldn't do it. If I were you, I wouldn't join unless it's something you really want to do.

Have a great afternoon.
Ali

Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #8  

Good Morning

Well just lost my last post. At least it wasn't too long. Looks like it will be a nice day here today. Yesterday it poured rain all day long. Today, it's suppose to be sunny and in the 50's or low 60's, then warm up as the week goes. I love spring

Ali, congratulations on the weight loss That is wonderful and you must feel so good! Good for you!

I think I will have to check out the local meeting. I do need something to help me get going again. Too much food and beer and I've gained back some weight.

Well, today will be my shopping day. It's an all day affair. I still need to finish my shopping list and then get a shower and get going. First though, have to get my exercise in. Even though I haven't been eating right, I've still been exercising.

Anne, how is the weather up there now? I hope you have blue skies, warm breezes and a big sun to greet you today.

Hi Lynn, hope you aren't over doing it. Don't forget to take time for yourself

Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #9  

Good afternoon,

Our house in NH has finally sold. The papers we had to sign were sent special overnight delivery and we got them sometime this morning while we were out. We signed everything and we have to send them overnight delivery tonight so they'll get them tomorrow. So, I guess that's that. To be honest, I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. Maybe I'm finally coming around to FL living!

We've been having a cloudy day and later this evening into tomorrow morning we're supposed to have some pretty good thunder storms come rolling through.

Nikki, after I've lost so many posts, after I'm finished typing I copy what I've typed so that if I do lose a post I can paste it. If you would like to try a meeting, why don't you go as a guest. That way if you don't like it, you're not out a weekly fee. Sorry you've put on some weight. At least you're still exercising and that's good.

Lynn, I'm thinking of you and hoping you are your #1 priority.

Anne, how are things going so far this week?

Later
Ali
Old 04-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #10  

Good Morning
Ali, congratulations on the house selling. I'm glad your getting use to being a Florida girl I can only imagine all the neat things you can do down there. Just walking down the street and seeing the ocean would be really different for me. I've seen the ocean one time when I was 16. My Spanish class went on a trip to Mexico. I worked all year to afford it. If my folks knew how little we were really chaperoned, they would have never allowed it. I suppose now days, they wouldn't have a trip like that. It was really something else Anyway, that was a long time ago.

When I lost that post, I was in the middle of writing it. I had used a smiley face that I wanted to delete, so I back spaced on it and poof, the entire post went too! I do think it's a good idea to copy your posts before you hit submit. Sure saves a lot of retyping.

We had such a rain storm, half my garden has washed away and I'll have to replant. It looked like a river down there when it was raining.

Hi Lynn and Anne, hope your both doing ok.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #11  

Hi everyone It was always when I went to use or delete the smilies that I got in trouble with my posts, well most of the time anyway. Got home early SF is doing real well and I had forgotten my pills. DS is coming tomorrow so am looking forward to that. Just made a pot of chili (his favorite) for his lunch and we will barbeque him a steak tomorrow night. Our weather is going to be great for the next few days, not as nice as yours Nikki but for a Canadian were there is only 2 seasons winter and construction I will take it Mya didn't eat the whole time I was gone. Spent the time laying on my bed. As soon as we got here we went to the park and she ran until she had to lay down. She has put a few pounds on this winter and needs to get into summer shape.Congrat's Ali I know what you mean about needing the the meetings. I have been out of control since I had to stop Curves. I will be weighed on Monday so will move my tracker than I have lost a lot of weight but now that I am blowing up since the drain was removed God only knows what the scales will show. I am eating anything, sent DH out for ice cream on Monday and not low fat either Hi Anne any word on the changes yet? Well that's it for now Later
Old 04-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #12  

Happy Sat. everyone

Lynn, glad to hear from you. Glad that your SF is doing well and he can get by on his own. That's great your DS will be visiting. Have a wonderful time. In NH we had 3 seasons, winter, mud season, and summer. Low fat ice cream??? What's that??? Poor Mya. She really missed you. I bet you got a really good greeting when you got home. Whenever I went out on my weekly lunch/shopping excursions with my girlfriend, DH said that Lacee would mope around the house and wouldn't show any signs of life until I got home.

Nikki, I think they have more chaperones today. My girlfriend was one of the chaperones when her granddaughter went to Europe last summer. Your trip to Mexico sounds like fun. You have something nice to remember.

Anne, hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Ali
Old 04-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone: Well DS didn't make for the weekend. He was on the way to his M-in-laws and was rear ended than pushed into the car ahead. Looks like his car is a write off. He had the baby with him but neither of them were hurt. It was only a couple of blocks from his in-laws so he phoned them and they came over and M-I-L took the baby home with her and his F-I-L stayed with him. He was upset because of the baby, but apparently the lady that hit him was hysterical when she saw the baby come out of the car. They had just passed a accident and the police were there so saw what happened. This is the baby's second accident in 6 months. D-I-L was rear ended about 8 months ago. One thing about the high volume of traffic in the GTA you are going too slow to do serious personnel damage if you wear a seat belt and child seats are installed properly. It is a beautiful day here, DH is out getting rid of the stuff from the winter, raking etc, Mya of coarse is out with him. Well time to go lay down, will be in touch tomorrow

Last edited by alynn; 04-09-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone,

Thank God your family is ok, Lynn. I don't know how people drive in big cities, it really scares me when I have to go some where like that. That must have shook DS up. Really glad everyone is ok.

This morning, DH came home and said he had a dog in the truck. He saw this little white dog, wandering in heavy traffic. He stopped and picked her up. She is blind, deaf and very, very old. He went to a house close by there and asked if they knew anything about her and they didn't. So, he came home to get me and we went back to start knocking on doors and looking for her owners. When we got back there, there was a real old lady standing on the womans lawn where he'd stopped before. I took the dog out of the truck and the old lady started to cry. It was her dog and she said she let her out to potty and I guess the dog wandered off. She said she had never left the yard before. So that was our good deed for the day. I was sure relieved we didn't have to keep looking or worse, keep the rag a muffin. It was pretty neat when I handed the dog to her. She gave her a big hug and it looked like the dog was hugging her back. Even though the dog could only smell her, she knew who her mama was.
Well, it's a real nice day here. DH is out mowing the yard. It's the first time this year and he's battling mud and water to get it done. It's suppose to rain for the next week, so he didn't have time to let it dry up good.
I'm going to run over to Walmart and get some garden supplies. Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #15  

It's Monday....I'll start a new thread!

Ali