Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 4/4 - 4/10

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55849

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 04-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #2  

Good morning! I don't have much time to post this morning, as I have a dentist appointment early. I hope everyone is doing well. Its a new week, so lets make the best of it, and love ourselves enough to take care of our bodies. Love yourself enough to feed yourself wholesome, healthy food.

I hope and pray this is a great week for each of us!

CHALLENGE: Try a new recipe this week and report on it!

Don't forget to drink your water! Get your workouts in, and post them on the exercise board!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  

Good Monday morning everyone. I'm glad this is a start to a new week. I'm back on board. I'll have to detox from the sugar I've been having and junk food I've had since my Grandkids were here. So this week will be a tough one. But I'll just have to take one day at a time. I've also had a bad sore throat and am getting over it. Breakfast- two slices bacon, 2 soft boiled eggs. Lunch- Salad Dinner- 3 oz. steak and asian salad.

Monet- Thanks for starting the board. Hope it turns out good at the dentist.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #4  
Goddess

Smile Good Monday Morning!

Hello all! I have to get on here early as I have 300 people coming for dinner tonight! At least I'm not in charge of the baquet this year (whew!), but I do have to finish getting all the nametags printed. Then I have a ton of work to do.

I also have to tell you something. I have been totally and completely unable to stay on plan for several months now. I do okay for a day or two, then totally blow it. So I've decided to shake things up and last Wednesday I joined Weight Watchers. I did this for two reasons. First, I thought the weekly meeting and weigh-in would be helpful. Second, I'm on the points plan which means that I can be a little more flexible in my eating. I'm still incorporating most of my SB principles like whole grains and as little refined sugar as possible, but I now have a framework within which to be a little more flexible.

I love this board and the people on it so I'd like to stay here instead of transferring over to the WW board.

I also have a recipe per Monet's challenge. This is my new favorite breakfast: It's a homemade Egg McMuffin. I break an egg into a small custard dish, scramble it and microwave it on high for about 45 seconds (spray the dish with PAM first). Then I take 1/2 piece of Americn cheese and melt it over the egg for 10 seconds. I slide the whole thing out of the dish onto a toasted 100% WW English Muffin and presto--Egg Muffin! I haven't picked up any Canadian Bacon yet, but will add that as soon as I get to the store. The best thing about this is that you can wrap it up and take it with you if you need a portable breakfast! I say Kathleen Dalaman (?) do this on the Food Network awhile back and have always wanted to try it. This is perfectly OP whether on SM or WW!

I hope everyone has a good OP week!

Susan
Old 04-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #5  
Goddess

Toni--Your menu looks great! Detox is NO fun! Hang in there!

Monet--Dentist--YUCK! Have fun.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning Sugar Busters and Detoxers!!

Sounds like more of you are jumping on the detox bandwagon. Just don't think I could do that.

Weekend was great. It was such a beautiful day yesterday. I refused to go into the house the entire day. We cleaned out the hot tub and took a 2 mile walk. It felt so good to get outside and walk for a change.

Eating was great except for Saturday night we went to a friend's house to watch the games. We were going to order pizza. Well I figured out I would jet order a small low carb pizza for me and let them get the other kind. When we got there, she had already stopped and picked up the pizzas so I was out of luck. I ate a lot of salad and 3 small squares of pizza. The scale was the same place today it was on Friday so I was happy about that. After all our drinking and partying. Every other meal was legal.

I have been glued to the TV with the Pope passing away. He was a remarkable man.

Arcayne, good for you getting back to the pool. It's amazing how just a little bit of wt loss makes us feel better. Keep up the good work.

Tech, congrats on the lb :Cheer:

Sebray, congrats also to you on the 1 lb loss. ANd getting your execise in.

Bob, glad you are feeling better. Don't overdo at work today.

Saraha, it's amazing how fast you lose those cravings for sugar. Now salty things get me in trouble.

Monet, I do about 15-20 minutes of each body part. About 8 different exercises. I have a routine my traine worked out and I cut out exercises in magazines to change them up. Sounds like the detox is going good. 11 pounds is awesome.

Toni, good luck this week. Sometimes it is hard after a week of good eating. But then sometimes we are so ready to do it. Take one day at a time. You can do it.

Susan, I'm certainly glad youa re staying with us and not moving to the WW board. I think what you are doing is great. You have to find soemthing that works for YOU. WW is a great program. I got to goal with them twice. Of course then I only had 40 pounds to lose. I love their principles and weighing in in front of someone does help. Much success to you, but please stay with us. Your receie sounds great. May have to try it.

Got lots of work to do so better get started. Have a great OP day!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #7  

Talking Spring Break Yea!!!

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Saturday was cold and windy here in georgia, but yesterday was beutiful. My family and I went walking throught he woods around our house yesterday for a while and then cooked out in the evening. I am a school nurse and we are out on Spring Break this week. Not really planning anything major. Hopefully I can find some time to go down to our monster of a basement and do some cleaning/organizing. Not fun, but it's not going to happen by itself. I think we may be going to Savannah for a long weekend as my parents live on Tybee Island. My mom has been in the hospital twice in the last month fighting pneumonia. Then she had an accumulation of fluid on her lungs that they had to take care of. Hopefully things will be better and she will be headed home soon. I'm a little nervous about weighing in on Wednesday as this was the first week that I've been on the plan. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Everyone have a good Monday!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #8  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday Morning all!

Monet- dentist..ick ick!!! I have a root canal sheduled for 4/20..not looking forward to it.

Jack-K - Salty things never got to me..I was a sweet lover..so, I am happy to have that out of my life!!!

Thin - Oh, spring break...hopfully it will be good weather for you this week...

Oh guys...after that snow on Saturday...my goodness...did anyone see the pictures of Cleveland, Oh that day?? I was UP IN CLEVELAND!!!! during the brunt of that snow!!!! I thought literally we would go off the road..the winds were worse than the snow, then the snow would get worse...etc. etc....was terrible!!! Glad I am back in one piece!!!

I think I might start my detox (thanks Monet, you got me psyched to start) on 4/8. I have "shespa" on 4/7 for my husband's company...and I want to eat there...not drink the lemonade..hah!!

Talk to you soon,
Sarah
(by the way, I did wonderful at the party on Saturday...drank 1 glass of dry red wine, and ate SALAD)
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #9  

Good morning all, it is sure beautiful here today. The sun is shining brightly and the temp is warming up. I am definitely looking forward to start this week as there are some gathering with friends throughout the weeks which I love. Dh and I get a late start today just laying around the bed with dd chit-chatting and playing. It was one of my fav things for family "quality time"...lol.

Jess is off school for Spring break so I am hoping to spend some fun time with her this week. Today, Jess and I are taking my next door neighbor to lunch. I let her chose the restaurant and she chose a pizza place close to our house which I haven't been to. I am fine with it as I know they have salads and other stuff plus I am okay with eating illegal pizza once in a while as long as I keep the portion under control. I have great neighbors and my nextdoor neighbor is one of them. When my own family was sicked a month or two ago, she has been so helpful and caring for us so i really want to thank her for being there. She just retired not long ago so I thought it would be good for us to take her out and spend sometime together. She and her husband loves Jess and treat her like their grandchild. What more can I ask for. Okay, enough of babbling. I do tend to get emotional when I talk about my wonderful neighbors...lol. Well, it has been my prayers for years that I hope we find some goodfriends/neighbors and God has certainly answered them

Yesterday I had a scary moments, well not just for me but for my neighbors/friends as well. I almost fainted in church! I was a little short breath yesterday morning from rushing around getting ready and then get dd to the nursery at church etc. When we (congregation) finally sat down to hear the sermon, I felt light-headed, short of breath and knew that I was going to faint. I told me friend next to me about it and asked if I can borrowed her shoulder to lay on. Boyy....the stars started to close in and I kept praying that I don't faint otherwise it will be quite a scene...lol, pregnant and fainting is not a good idea...lol. Thank God, soon enough I started to sweat and felt better again. I really scared my friends and my husband as well. I have to pay more attention to how I am feeling now and especially not let myself go to the extend of short of breath.

Some replies :

MONET : Good morning, isn't it a beautiful day today? Thanks for starting the board with such positive reminders. This week, I plan to try the "Ranch Chicken" recipe at the recipe section since it seems so easy to make. Last week, I put together a simple marinate for my chicken drumsticks and it was delish. I had the drumsticks marinated in lots of chopped garlic, sliced onions, slices of lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil, parsley and a little of onion and garlic powder as well. I then baked the chicken in the oven for 30 to 40 mins. The last 5 to 10 mins, I blasted the chicken at 450 degrees to get a nice colour on the chicken. I also loved the roasted lemon taste Tomorrow, I am going to try the recipe using chicken breast and add some fresh thyme in the marinate. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow for fillings, but after that I will be off the hook until July. Hope your dentist appointment goes well today

TONI : Glad you are back on board. A fresh start is always good and you are right about focusing on one day at a time You can do it! Hope your sore throat goes away soon.

FILLISE : Any actions are good, WW or just SB alone doesn't really matters. I love flexibility because it keeps in sane As Toni says, one day at a time As for your McMuffin recipe, I saw the show too. Definitely a good idea!

JACK : You are doing great regardless of that illegal pizza. Your consistent exercises and your excellent food choices are what matter most

THIN : It is a beautiful day here as well. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope your mom's condition will improved soon. Don't worry about weighing in, with all the good food choices you are making already, you will see the results soon or later

SARAH : Good morning. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow...not looking for it as well. I haven't been watching news this weekend so I had no idea about the snow in Cleveland. Boyy...the snow sure sounds nasty. Glad you are back in a piece as well.

Got to go get Jess and I ready for our lunch apointment with neighbor in an hour. Chat with you all later.

Julia
Old 04-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just a driveby: HELLO!!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #11  

"OH, what a beautiful mooooorning, oh what a beautiful daaaaaay" yes, It is I, and I'm singing Okalahoma I saw the end of it last night on one of the movie channels. I'm up and I'm so full of energy, I don't know what to do first. You see, I invited my mom to come visit me here in TN, and she finally agreed to do it. Now I'm SCARED!! I'm buying her plane ticket, but there is a lot to work out, including cleaning my messy place and possibly my little Speck of a car. I've got a tiny apartment, with one bed and I had thought we'd get a nice place in town for mom to stay, but that would hurt her feelings. But, I can't sleep in a recliner for six nights either. My housemate is looking at two bedroom places so I could stay with Mom (and we can hang at my place during the day, it's not that I don't want her here!), Lora (DHM? LOL) is with a tour company and her hubby sells timeshare (good stuff, not scary crimeshare!) so we can probably find something at a good price. Or clean out my DHM's sewing room so I can use the sleeper sofa there. Sheesh. And, mom would lose her mind if she knew I was a phone sex worker, so I can't tell her why I'm taking time off while she's here, so she can't come stay two weeks!

It will work out. I know it will. But, YIKES!!

FILLISE: That breakfast sammich sounds yummy and I want one immediately!! Hmm, I have eggs and cheese and whole wheat bread... I could MAKE one!!

More later!! ::waves to everyone::
Old 04-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #12  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Just a quickie to say...yes, it is such a beautiful day, I can't believe what this weekend was!!!

One lady that works for my father (DF?) had a problem over the weekend..still not sure how it ended up...her DH went to Cleveland for a funeral (didn't take her or the kids--must have been work related??) and he didn't ever get to the funeral or get home. The snow was soooo bad...and, yesterday, she didn't go to work...she went to the police and they wouldn't put in a missing persons report because it hadn't been 24 hours. Well, how horrifying!!! I haven't found out if he ever got home...In this age of cellphones, I would think he would have called with car problems or even if he was in a ditch?? Which makes me think...maybe something worse happened??? Oh, I feel horrible for my DFs employee...

So, today eating has been good. I had one of those florentine omelettes for breakfast...and for lunch I think it may be a sandwich on a whole wheat tortilla (mission makes good whole wheat tortillas...low carb/whole wheat...really nice) with turkey and cheese...and celery sticks on the side...

Dinner will be smoked pork chops w/asparagus...unk what else. I have to work until 9pm tonight, so, my dinner will have to wait until then. I hate eating so late!!!

I haven't bought my stuff for the detox yet. I think I will start on Friday. That will make the worst of my headaches (I am a caffeine addict) over the weekend and the first part of the week...

One detox question...how many times do you drink the lemonade drink a day? That is the ONLY thing I haven't found anywhere...I know how to make it...I know what to do at night with the tea and the saline in the morning..but, during the day, how many times do they want you to drink the drink?? And, water can fill in in other places???

Thanks guys,
I will be checking back tonight from work...
Sarah
Old 04-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #13  

Good Morning from Detoxland! Day 6 for me, and I am feeling pretty good. I can't believe its been six days!

Ok, one thing I want to say to all of you thinking about doing this detox diet. You MUST read a book on it, that has the directions. The reason is that you can't just quit eating and start drinking the lemonade for ten days, then go back to food. Its VERY important that you know the correct way to break the fast. Most people who have problems with a long term fast have them when they go to break the fast. PLEASE, PLEASE get the book and read it before you start doing this. Amazon sells it for about $5. You probably could find it at health food stores that have a book section. Breaking a long fast takes a lot of will power and about 1 day for every two you fasted to get back to eating your regular diet.

My dentist appointment today went great. I have no cavities, and very few problems, so they love to see me...I am easily in and out in about 30 minutes. Today was no exception. It did take longer though because I like to rinse my mouth a lot. I also like to play with the little water fountain. Its a wonder they put up with me.

SARAH: They recommend 6-12 glasses of the lemonade a day. You really need to read one of the books, or find online how to break the fast. Its very important to do it correctly. Breaking it is much harder than going the ten days. Please keep us posted about that missing man. That is awful!

ARCAYNE: That is wonderful that your mom is coming to visit! I hope you can get it all worked out. Is it as pretty in Tennessee as it is here?

KENG: The weather is gorgeous again! yay! Enjoy your lunch! Its great to have good neighbors! I wonder why you were lightheaded and faint?! Low blood sugar maybe? Enjoy your spring break!

HEART:

THIN: If MY parents lived on Tybee, I think I might be spending a LOT of time visiting! I hope your mom recovers swiftly! Wave to Savannah for me if you go! I love the area, and especially the old town area.

JACK: It was sad that the Pope died. What a fine man he was! You did pretty good for the weekend! Thanks for the info on how you weight train. Once I get off this detox, I will try it. Right now, walking is about as strenuous as it gets.

FILLISE: The recipe sounds yummy! Once I can eat again, I will definitely try it. The dentist was not too yuck! Just a routine cleaning and my wonderful teeth were as impressive as usual!

TONI: I bet you are missing the grandkids. Glad you are ready to hop back on the wagon. How is your weather?

Guess I will go try and get something done...something pressing..like a nap!

Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just a quickie drop in to say HAPPY MONDAY!! It rained non-stop this weekend and we are so flooded out. My backyard is an absolute lake! But we have this just about every year and it always dries out and we always have our wonderful green, sunny backyard to play in. But right now, if we had to mow the lawn, we'd need to put it on a hover craft!! LOL But, for now it's brown and matted, so no need for that...our tulip and daffodil bulbs are bravely poking their heads out of the dirt!! That's always encouraging to see!!

Just had lunch...grilled Tilapia, an orange and a salad...for BF I had three sausage links and mixed berries with a small slice of sourdough toast. For dinner I'll have chicken and fried summer squash. I like to slice the squash, dip them in egg, milk and pepper and then fry them in olive oil. Kinda good and at least it's something different! I usually always have green beans or broccoli.

Okay...have to go catch up!! I hate Spring Forward...I have the worst time adjusting!!

Will do replies later or tomorrow if I get distracted... HI TO EVERYONE!!

Kris
Old 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

WELL...BOB IS STIL AT HOME WITH THE CRUD!!

I had a spell including continuous coughing until way past 3a.m. Took it upon myself to call my Boss's voicemail and let her know I wouldn't be there today
either. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my new target date. I think the bad coughing spells are due to my lungs breaking up and wanting rid of what's been hanging out in there! KEEP ALL FINGERS CROSSED THAT I CAN GET BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!!

ARCAYNE...I feel for ya Girlfriend. Mothers can be difficult...I say go for the place in town and do a lot of sightseeing...let it be a vacation for you too and stay away from your house...
I'm sure these new buddys were just as surprised as we were when you let us in on what your job is. I would have liked to have seen their faces when they read that...I remember my look...and I have to laugh at it now!
KEEP UP THE POOL EXERCISE....it can only help you!

JACKIE...I've been glued to the tube as well. Although I'm not Catholic, I was
very taken with this GOOD MAN that you call your POPE...He was one of the most wonderful people I've ever known about. Kate as well has been keeping close watch...
One funny thing about the way they have him dress. Years ago, THE POPLE received his first pair of BASS WEEJUNS...he LOVED THEM, and when the BASS company found out about it, they kept his closet stocked. If you will notice, they have them on him now...highly polished....as well..It just strikes me, and I'm so glad they did it...He loved his WEEJUNS...wore them all the time...

OK ALL YOU DETOX PEOPLE....Take it easy...do as MONET say...she's the GURU of DETOX being in her 6th day...

ALL YOU SPRING BREAK MOMMIES....Don't pull your hair out this week....it's only a week...you can do it!!!

JULIA....GIRL...you need to watch yourself...you're pregnant unless you've forgotten! BE CAREFUL!!!

Ladies, I'm off for a whle...I'll be back later

BOB
Closed Thread