Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for April

It's April and isn't that great!

For anyone new here.....Welcome, we are so glad you stopped here. Please stay.
We all follow Weight Watchers. Not everyone can attend meetings but we agree with their idea of eating healthy to have a healthy lifestyle. It's not going to all come off in one week. This is a lifetime thing.

Even if you do not weigh-in on Thursdays, you can stay. We don't throw anyone out for that.

This will be a good weekend for me. We're going to visit our friends who live in the Piney Woods of Texas. The Dogwood trees are blooming and we've been invited to come see them. Our friends are very health-conscious and eat better than I do sometime.

What plans do y'all have????? Does anyone have a new recipe to share?
Let's have another active thread this month. We've been talking a lot.
Tina
Old 04-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #2  

No big plans for the weekend. Well, I take that back. My 2nd cousin and her husband will be here from South Carolina. We're going to her parents' house to visit tomorrow afternoon/evening. I have about a zillion cousins, so there should be some people that I don't see very often.

I know I'll grade papers sometime over the weekend. Fun! I just gave Kramer a bath. Boy did he need it!!

Tina, your visit sounds nice.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone has had a good day. It's been pretty good for me. I'm pretty upset about the Pope. It just breaks my heart but know he will go straight to Heaven.

No big plans for the weekend. I was going to go to my brother's house but he is sick and mom and dad aren't coming up either. I'll see my brother next weekend so it's not to long away. Ya'll know how I feel about him! I think he walks on water...... Just a little partial.

Tina, thanks for starting us off this month. We have been pretty chatty this month. It's great! Have fun on your trip!!!

Tammy, don't grade too many papers!

I weigh in tomorrow. I'm excitedf to see how I do even if it's just a tenth of a pound.

Susan
Old 04-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! Sorry I have been MIA this last week or so, I am dead on my feet from stress and work.
I am looking forward to a nice sunny month, even though it is snowing today. What we really need up here now is a good sized rain to wash all the winter muck away.
Both of my boys are doing well and working hard at school and work.
Dan got his first paycheck last night and he was happy to go to the video store and buy some stuff that he has been drooling over.
Mike is preparing for the end of his first cooking term, and has to try out the recipe he will be making for the class at home here. He made great squash soup here last week.
Now if only I could get him inspired by some of the low cal recipes.
Have a good weekend everybody. I won't be gone so long this time.
Oh by the way I finally got the tracker to work. I think it might have something to do with the server move for 3FC last week. I kind of put a bug in their ear that my computer kept telling me that programs were trying to install when I atempted it on the old server.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #5  

Susan, I was a bit teary eyed about the Pope myself. Tim and I watched quite a bit of TV this afternoon, before and after he passed on. Tim was getting a bit emotional himself. He takes after me I think.

I graded handwriting papers. They were doing the uppercase letter C in cursive. Most of them did very well. Gave lots of smiley faces. Also graded a Social Studies vocabulary quiz. There were 8 words and 8 clues. They had to match them up. I even let them use the glossary in the back of their book if they needed it. Most of them received A's and B's. I had one boy who missed every single thing. I almost cried.

Mimi, I giggled when I read about Dan and his paycheck. It sounds like Tim did when he started at Arby's last year. Too funny. Now he is depositing at least half of each check in his savings account. College cash! Now if you would invite all of us over, Mike could show us all just what kind of a cook he is. Good for you on getting the tracker to work!! Mine is very steady. Like it has only moved once since I put the thing on here.

Rained all morning, but Tim and I went to order his tux for the prom. The prom is May 7, and I told him that I thought that maybe he should do that. He and his friend Matt are going to Bluffton University on Thursday night. That's where they go to band camp in the summer. They go up Thurs. night, meet with college kids, stay all night, get up and Friday, take a tour and attend some classes. Even if he doesn't go there, it will be a good experience for him. Naturally, I'll worry about him being on the road until he calls to say they are there. lol
Old 04-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Okay, I just wrote a long message and it's not here!
Anyway, I'm baaaack.
We had such a nice trip.

Tammy, I hope you enjoyed your day with your relatives. I can't believe it's time to order Tim's tux.
Mimi, I'm glad you got your tracker working. Now if I could get mine to move.
Susan, I am sorry you didn't get to see your brother.
Yes, it's too bad about the pope. He reminded me of a grandfather. He did a lot of good in the world.

The little town where we were had a Dogwood Festival today. There were little floats, artsy/crafty boothes and food. They had shrimp on a stick, bloomin onions, fried alligator, and funnel cakes. We all shared a funnel cake and then went to Subway for a healthy lunch.
I'm glad to be home.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi,
I've watched tv all day long and watched everything on the Pope. I went to WW this morning and even checked the web on my phone to see if there was a report on him. I really respect and admire him. It's been a very emotional day for me. I grieve for the Pope, but am so glad that he did not suffer. In case you haven't figured it out, I'm Catholic. I talked to my brother several times today because I've done my share of crying. I went out to the cemetery and there had been a funeral in the baby section. I started crying again. I cried when I was visiting Seamus, which I always do. Then cried alot when the Pope died. I am just wiped out now. I think I'll be heading to bed very soon. Sorry for rambling......

Tammy, I give lots of smiley faces too. It sounds like you got a lot done.

Mimi, it's great to hear from you. You have been working ALOT!!!! You must be exhausted.

I was up .8 pounds this week. That's what I get for cheating some and not drinking my water. It will be off next week.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Another Monday and a new week. Isn't that great! Let's think positive thoughts about this week's weight loss, I am.
This week, I'm going to drink all my water and exercise, if only for 10 min. at a time.
Tammy, I hope you got all those papers graded before today.
Susan, how long will you be working? I thought the lady was coming back before now.
Mimi, I just can't imagine you still have snow. That's something else.
Sis, when do you have another weekend off? Soon, I hope.
Christine, we haven't heard from you in ages. I hope that doesn't mean you aren't weighing-in anymore.
Tina637, have you gone back to work and have left us?
Where is everyone else??????? Please post here!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #9  
Susan

Howdy All,

It's beautiful here. I'm coughing AGAIN!!! UGH!!!! I hate allergies. My last dose of antibiotics are now out of my system as of yesterday and I started coughing. I'm hoping that it doesn't go any further.

Tina, I thought I would be finished subbing too. I know I will be there at least until the end of the week. I'm not sure what the problem is but I hadn't really planned on subbing full time.

I agree where is everyone? We miss you!!!! Please come back!!

Susan
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #10  
Susan

Hope everyone is doing good today! We just had a bad storm. Pat just called and is sitting on the highway in traffic under black clouds. Who knows when he will be home now. Just talked to the dr. she is calling in more antibiotics and steriods. Then if I get sick again, I'll have a CT scan of my sinuses. I'm coughing so much my head hurts. Enough whining........ Off to the store.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #11  

I'm coughing too now. Probably from your messages Susan!! Ha!

It was beautiful here today. I took most of the 2nd graders to the park behind the school this afternoon. They loved it! Me too!

Kramer and I sat on the glider on the porch tonight. Read the paper and glanced through some magazines. did I open up my school bag to grade anything? Nope! The papers will wait, right?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
Tammy, I can just picture you and Kramer in your swing. What a neat way to unwind.
Larry repaired my hammock frame, so yesterday I got to use it. This is the best time of year for hammocks. It's still cool enough and no mosquitos!

Susan, did Pat get home safely? I saw that y'all had bad weather all night.

What's going on with everyone???????????
I sneaked a peak at the scales this morning and was down a whole 1/2 pound. Hey, I'll take anything. I didn't get an Easter dress this year because of my fat hips. I intend to buy one very, very soon. So, I'd better get off here and onto the treadmill.

Has anyone made the 0 pt. veggie soup lately? I made some Monday afternoon and had it for lunch yesterday. It's amazing how it fills you up without any pts. Yeah!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #13  
Susan

howdy,

I too love sitting in my porch and gazebo. I can sit out there forever and swing away all the troubles of the world and just unwind. It's great.

I have some friendly advice NEVER take steriods late in the evening. You will be awake all night long and have some rather interesting dreams. You can say "I learned my lesson."

Tina, Pat did get home. We had a very heavy storm and it was in and out of here within about 30 mintues. We got 1/2 of rain. I love that soup but never eat it all. I wonder if you can freeze it? Good job on being down.

Tammy, papers will always wait and wait on you! You needed to relax with Kramer. I told my brother and his fiancee that I couldn't talk to them on the phone anymore because I got sick after I talked to them (they both were sick last week).

Where is everyone at?

Susan
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #14  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. Sorry again that its been so long. I try to get online at least once a week but haven't always been able to manage it. I hope everyone is doing well. I am getting this week end off so I am happy even though I have to use my vac to get it. Now that I am on my old job again I might get the wk end off now and then without having to use vac to do it. I managed .5 lb this week too Tina. Not sure how but I will take it too. Hope everyone has a super weekend . Take care.....Sis
Old 04-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Checking in to wish everyone a great Friday.
Drink that water!!!!!

Closed Thread