Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #5 Spring renews hope

Well we are at #5 thread. Still very quiet. But thinking that progress is fast lets you down in the long run. Remembering that every victory keeps you on the path on health. Avoiding a co-workers candy dish, pushing your plate away when you are full, going that little bit extra on the exercise machine are all things to be recognized and congradulated for. Forgiving yourself for the litle slips, that is important too. This is a process which will take time.

I saw 249#'s yesterday!!! Working out eating right! So it was a good day.

Hey marge how are you?

Hey Sue!

Off to face the world
Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  

Smile Hello

I'm Lisa,
I'm new to this board and have been doing South Beach for 3 wks now. I was so happy to see another pound disposed of this morning.

Have to get ready for work but will check in later.

Lisa
Old 03-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #3  

ok i need some advice here plz anyone . i dont know how to go about my diet u know i really dont know if to go on a low carb diet or really atkins diet which is no carbs at all and just simply eat fruits and since i love fruits i wouldnt mind at all but i just have a tendency of craving carbs such as cereal and crackers not the saltine types and not the sweet types . well what i eat the most is cereal not sweet type i eat like rice kripy cereal no sugar on it or ill take the kix withmy skim milk and that s all i eat with some fruits and crackers along the day but cereal is the ony thing i eat so what can i do in order to lose weight and stop craving carbs . cuz not so long i go i lost up to 20 pounds and got to weigh 114 it took alot of effort for that to happen especially alot of willpower involved but now i seem to weigh 126 and im only 19 and lately i havent been on the scale man i need help someone have any good ideas plz write back
Old 03-24-2005, 05:15 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Hi,Lisa and welcome!
A pound gone is an awesome thing! Looks like you have made good progress so far. I like the south beach way of doing lo carb.

Hi, regeton. I would look up teh glycemic index on teh internet and then go through the list and look for foods that have a lo value. That might help you w/ your food choices. ALso look for Kashi Go lean cereal. That might fix your craving in a better way.

I am still on the healthy path! It seems a little easier now that it is lighter later. Can't wait for day light savings time

Hey Sue and Marge how goes it?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:14 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Ah it's Friday! Been an OK week.
Bak on the treadmill to no where. The sun has been out all week. Eating is good, water good. Milestone? Wearing the size 22 zipper pants to work yesterday!! WOO HOO! ALL good things

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:46 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Well thank goodness Easter is over. I used yesterday as one of my indugence days. Unfortunatelt instead of having one per month I have been letting sm ones creep in. But I am refocused. Will reread the boot camp thing to remind myself of my commitment.
Today's goals
40 walking
30 strength training
water 2 liters
eat OP

How is everyone else?

will report later
Old 03-29-2005, 04:44 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Met my goals except water.
Neck is kinda bothering me.
I am closer to my 20 minute mile. Shy .08 yesterday
Spendning teh next 20 minuets trying to not touch teh raills. Very challenging

How and where is everyone else?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I just poated and hit thw wrong button and lost it all!!! UGH

I am not doing to great with the WOe but hope that tome time soon. Hey Pat I just got a PM from a gal from Plattsburg!!

I am moving back to my old floor where I was originally manager, I will be happier there. i am too overwealmed where i am I am not self diciplined to focus on getting my work done. So an opportunity has arrised and i am thrilled at the thought of finding my slef again and actually getting a chance to have vacation. i have 4 weeks to take by the end of July. I have not taken any time since august and working about 60+ hours a week. I am tired. I see the light now!!! SOON!!!

well WOE is not good the last few days but I will get back there I am starting to see changes, my double chin is not nearly as large so there is some progress; I do not want to lose that. I have been too tired to workout but that will change too. I need to hit the sack now but I will be there and catch up this weekend
Old 03-31-2005, 05:09 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Sue Ia m glad to see you. I hadn't realized that you had changed job locations. Job stress sucks, and for me it offers me reasons not to take care of myself. I am glad you are finding away out and are recognizing the need to care for yourself. I advise you to take 2 weeks off right in a row!if you have never done it you'll love it, take it off before the kids are off so it can be Sue time!

I got a PM from the plattsburgh person too.

I saw the scale move, and wore 22 pants yesterday so progress is being made.

Come on woman and grab my hand teh bus us moving!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

well we are flooding here. Rained awful yesterday!
Still doing ok
How is evryone else?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:23 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Monday! always an opportunity to reorganize. Read a great prevention mag that talked about insulin resistance and eating and exercise.
Dh is doing great w/ his w/o and eating. Probably do better if his wife hired out the shopping. Ate some simple carbs this weekend. Retaining some fluid.

Weekends are so hard. I am so tired from teh week, I don't wake up until sun afternoon. Should be lesson free for a couple of weeks. I have been doing some online courses and it seems that I havev't been free since the first of teh year.

Het Sue how was your weekend?

Lurkers welcome!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:57 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hey all
Things are going well, PMS lurks so cravings abound! How cruel that is. Was only able to pul 25 mins on teh treadmil yesterday. UGH! Heading up there soon.

Hey Sue how are things?

Marge?
Pam?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

I have started to surface again. My life is just begining to slow down and I am glad. I am sorry that I have been so MIA but Pat if you do drop back here Here I am!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

Well today I am back and It is a wonder that I have been here two days in a row. I hope some day Pat and the others will find me here again but I am not going to call them as I have been too bad about staying so if I do not stay then so be it.

I did not eat good yesterday I had two hamburgers and some fries too many for dinner. so far today I had a cookie not good but I need to slowly get back into the groove. I will work on my fluid intake today and hot to get that up there. I have a half galon jug for fluids and hot to fill that up twice today.

Other than that Hi who stops by and visits.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

I am here again for two days in a row. this is atleast a good start. I did not do so good.

I will use this as my food list and personal chalenge board untill Pat and the others stop by

food

pretzles 1 serving
a double quarter punder with cheese and mayo and onions and letuce and NO BUN
a chunk of steak
broccoli salad
a finger of frosting from the birthday cake (A moment of weakness)
Closed Thread