Old 03-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#687

Welcome!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Smile

Hey gals...

I saw we needed a new thread so I went ahead and started us one!

I'm at work right now and we're kinda busy, so I'll catch ya when I get home!

Hope everyone is having a great day.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #3  
Leanne

Hi All,
Quick check in as I have a house inspection today and I need to tidy up.
I have been dreading weigh-in after my awful week last week, and when I went to the dieticians I told her all about it, and how I was sure I would have put on 3-5 lbs at least. Well I hopped on the scales, determined to take the fall and use this as a new starting point ... and found I hadn't put on anything from the last week. So that was a bonus. However I told her about my headaches, continual thirst even though drinking at least 3L of water a day etc .. and she dragged me around to the diabetic dietician to have a diabetes test on the spot. Luckily it came back in the normal range, but they want me to go have a more comprehensive test if the symptoms keep up for more than a few more days. I told the dietician that I would have expected to get diabetes 50 lbs ago if I was going to get it! She laughed and said yes it usually improved by losing weight, not got worse!
Anyway, must run. I am determined to have an OP week this week.

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #4  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah....I for sure know how I got here. As my WW leader said...none of us got here from one of anything..and nobody ever ate themselves to death on apples. When I started WW and read through the Dining Out guide...and saw just how many points there were in things I had been eating...I was completely freaked out and grossed out as well. Yeah I remember when Carl's Jr. (Hardees for you east coast kids) was advertising their low-carb 6-dollar burger....a HUGE hunk of burger wrapped in lettuce. Ok, so the bun is gone, but the meat lingers, along with the mayo and the whatever else you out on the burger. Extra sour cream was my close companion for so long. Deep dish pan pizza (yeah crust fried in oil) with extra meat. The whole container of Ben and Jerry's. Yeah....thanks guys...my arteries and my a$$ thank you.

On the other hand, I am finding it easier and easier to go out and stay OP. My executive director took me out for lunch today (and dispelled the mystery of the note from the other day....ugh don't ask) and I had sashimi and a small salad. I am FULL. And I realized that I have been stuffing myself on sushi rolls for so long...and I DON'T LIKE RICE. On Purim, the traditional food is hamentaschen, triangular cookies with fruit filling...and I don't like them because tey are too doughy and I prefer well done cookies. But I always ate them..because of the holiday. How many of us do that? We don't necessarily like something but we eat it anyways...because of the day, or the crowd or the occasion. Why? Why eat what we don't love? Why eat because it's there? Once upon a time we were all picky eaters. Then one day someone told us "you won't know if you will like it until you try it." Now, we will eat whatever isn't bolted to the floor or walking away from us. Why?

I am still not seeing visible results when I look in the mirror day after day, but the people at work are telling me what a difference they are seeing...but I look in the mirror and wonder "if I look like this now...what the **** did I look like 3 months ago???"

I'm ranting again. I apologize.

OOh...yummy snack idea...cut up an apple and put it in a ziploc baggie with about 1 tsp. of cinnamon and splenda..then shake it all up. It was a nice change from a plain apple..and that's part of the challenge...finding ways to make the good-for-us stuff taste like the good stuff.

I am POed because the grocery store by my house isn't carrying the WW ice cream sandwiches anymore...they have the cones and something on a stick and the Skinny Cow ones (not as good) but I am almost out of sandwiches!!! ARGH!

The other thing I have noticed about doing WW is that I am now more OK with having less variety. I used to be so picky about not having the same food (or type of food) 2 or 3 days in a row or even 2 or 3 times in a week. Now I am totally happy to go to california Chicken Cafe 2-3 times a week and have sashimi twice a week. I guess this is a part of the eating like a child thing...kids would be content to eat the same thing day after day. Hmmm.

Ok...off and running...need to make it look like I am doing work.

Yay for a sunny day!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #5  

I found I liked the Slim a bear one's but they didn't work out for me because I ate three. Damn me. Breyers is coming out with no sugar added ice cream. I might grab that and stick in my freezer for an occasional treat when I'm way under in calories.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, here I am...I had a loooong tiring day doing a reset at Shaws. Blech. I spent seven hours resetting the barbecue sauce. At one point I dropped a jar of tariyaki all over the floor, glass and sauce EVERYwhere...and of course since i was SITTING on the floor, it traveled very fast to my pants and i had to spend the rest of the day smelling like Chinese food My knees and my back are KILLING me from all that bending and stooping...the bottom shelf at these stores are SO FREAKING deep that i had to LAY DOWN to reach all the way back. the team lead had a couple of things to gripe about when she saw the finished shelves but it was time for me to go so i didn't care

I hate a lot of diet food, i'd rather indulge and eat less...sugar free or fat free ice cream is soooooo gross...and it's usually so hard and unappetizing.

My food has been great today, (well, im counting the calories, at least). I'm glad I exercised yesterday, cause I am WAAAY too tired to do it right now. Blech, I gotta get up in the morning and do this again, yay.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #7  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Me again...where is everyone? I was over in the food message boards browsing, and i found a thread about coconut oil...ie: is it bad or good? Have you guys found any non-biased articles anywhere? I did a search on google and eventually found a couple interesting takes....basically they confirmed my suspicious...that yes indeed coconut oil is getting a rep now for having health benefits, HOWEVER it is STILL a saturated fat. I'm not sure why people say that it aids in weight loss, where did THAT rumor come from? If anyone knows, seriously I'd like to hear input. I almost made this a new thread, but I wasn't sure if that would have been my place. Here are some articles:

http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/Fo...s_oils_faq.asp

http://www.healthcastle.com/goodfats-badfats.shtml

Thin, I apologize if I'm not allowed to link these, just erase if it's against the rules (I know for sure one of of those sites is a legit not for profit organization, not sure about the other).
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #8  

Hehe OP today. For a snack I had some whipped lowfat strawberry yogurt and a brown sugar cinnamon all bran bar.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

My roommate is trying to quit smoking. She's using that new nicotine inhaler, so hasn't become an ax murderer yet. I'm tempted to sleep with one eye open. I'm glad that is one vice that I never acquired.

Clothing-I am still trying to come to grips with all my pants being too long all of a sudden. It reminds me of when I was young and had to buy grown up pants to fit, and they were always too long. I seem to be opposed to taking them up right now. I finished my swimsuit today, and have no excuse for not fixing my pants. I think somewhere deep inside, I like for people to see how much I have lost.

I saw a woman today while walking my dog. She and I could have been twins, same height, weight and pear shape. She was also walking a basset hound which borders on creepy, except she was wearing a dress I wouldn't be caught dead as road kill in. I had this overwhelming urge to talk to her about diet and exercise. I've never liked "evangalizers." I didn't talk to her, but I felt a need to. I feel like I have woken up from a long coma to find our country has been taken over by aliens, and I want to marshall the resistence. Do you gals ever feel that way? I guess what stopped me is that I never wanted anyone to talk to me about my weight, but I do think I will keep walking past her house, so maybe she will talk to me.

Leanne-Congrats on the medal. Things like that make you realize that your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed.

Terri - I have only lost 15 pounds since the first of the year. I would participate in the 2X2, but just don't know how.

Missmeliss-Sewing is very complicated for me. I have a whole chapter in my book about the various ways over the years that I have been able to avoid the routine consequences of being overweight. Sewing allowed me to avoid the consequence of not being able to find clothes or afford them. Sometimes I think that if I hadn't been able to sew, I might have been forced to do something about my weight sooner. Regrets, boy, we accumulate them.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:59 PM   #10  

Hey Everyone

Had a great day today op and everything!!

I am off and running to clinic tomorrow. The next day I am going to college with my oldest for a freshman mixer type day, then a parent meeting bright and early Sat morning for Soccer... my brother, who I haven't seen in 8 years, is coming in Friday night for the weekend so probably won't be here much, but I will check in quickly as time allows.

Everyone have a great couple of days!!

Hope everyone has a great couple of days
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #11  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Yay for another good WI...down another 3.2, for a grand total of 27.5 since February 1 when we started WW. Our leader was in the middle of moving tonight so we had a sub. I never liked substitute teaches in school..and I didn't particularly care for this one either...yay for Michelle coming back next week.

The sub asked us what food if any we missed since starting WW...BF started whimpering about italian food. I wouldn't mind a nice plate of gnocchi with pink sauce but my life won't end without it. But the more I thought about it I realized that I miss butter. Maybe I will send butter a card. I also fessed up that part of the reason I do Core is that I am too damn lazy to do the math about calories and stuff...sounds silly...but hey. Maybe once I start getting my body moving I will move my mind as well.

Have a happy night...I treated myself to a NF/SF iced caramel macchiato... only points for the caramel...but soooo yummy. Plus I had 10 points left over.

Be well my fabulous friends!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #12  
I want my two dollars!!!

No time really to respond to everyone so I'll do that tomorrow. OMG tho it'll take forever b/c I'm behind by like 3 threads! hehe.

I had fun bowling today, but then came home and have felt so wierd all day. Headache, and just 'odd' feeling. bleah, hate those days. I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in too so that doesn't help. I'm about 98% that I won't make my sixth week losing which is really sucky. Just my luck to have week 6 over Easter lol. I just hope it isn't too bad. I don't want to go back into the 320's!!!

My fingers are crossed. PS... MAN it's hot here tonight. Why is it that people don't understand when you're fat it's HOTTER for you than them. LOL!
G'night everyone,
Julie
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:03 AM   #13  

I was off program today. REALLY BAD. To the tune of 2,825 calories.

I felt so guilty I lifted weights during every commercial during "Eyes". And I biked. And I drank some extra water.*sadface* I know better really.

Thankfully the calories during the beginning of my day were all good ones, vegetables, yogurt, etc.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:51 AM   #14  

Good morning chickies, Just a quick pop in here to say hello!

I am still hanging on...OP. I think I can ...I think I can. Have a good day all, gotta run for now. I will try to answer some post later. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 AM   #15  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Good morning you wonderful ladies you!
It is absolutely gorgeous here today....I am hoping to go strut in a bit with my MP3 player....gotta get motivated!
Other than that, been OP since Monday, BF got me chinese the other day (I was sleeping) and it is still in the fridge, untouched.
He can be so sweet sometimes. He does try to help every so often.
He got me Chicken & Broccoli (which is really chicken & vegetables where we go) and as tempting as it has been....I would rather be fit and healthy than succumb to the demons that have controlled my life so far.
Woo Hoo....one small victory for this chubby chick!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote