Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default ~~The Thin Group #58~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Back to post later. Love, G
Old 07-12-2001, 06:59 PM   #2  

Hi!

Gail, BRAT, BRAT, BRAT!!! I don't think anyone has remembered to do that lately. You managed to sneak in and start the new thread.

Judy, you and Cal are in my prayers. Here's a ((Hug)) for you.

Julie, happy anniversary!

I managed to meet my goal of losing 25 lbs. so I'm pleased.
My dusty blue gown fits well.

We leave tomorrow morning for Annapolis for my son's wedding at the Naval Academy Chapel on Saturday. It's going to be a formal military wedding with eight swordbearers. My son will be wearing his choker white uniform. He and his new bride will make a beautiful couple. The weather is supposed to be perfect.

We're hosting a rehearsal dinner tomorrow night at a restaurant overlooking the Bay Bridge. Since people are coming from all over the country (12 states) and a few from Canada, there will be 50 people there!

Many people are staying in Annapolis until Tuesday. A large group of us are going on a sunset sailing cruise on Sunday evening on a 74 foot schooner. It should be fun!

Can you tell I'm excited?

I'll check back in on Tuesday night or Wednesday. Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Trish
Old 07-12-2001, 09:58 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone!

Trish, the wedding is going to be beautiful. Everything sounds so perfect. And congratulations on making that 25 lb. goal. That is a pretty big deal. Hope that you have a wonderful time and would love to see that dusty blue gown. Have a safe trip and enjoy this special time.

Julie, Happy Anniversary to you and Niles. Gosh, has it been a year already? Hope your celebration was terrific. My best wishes to you both for many, many happy years together.

Judy, you and Cal are in my prayers. Stay strong and God bless you and your family.

Well, I weighed in yesterday for my one week mark and lost - now get this - 1/2 a pound. I was hoping for more, but it's a start anyways. Hope this week I'll do better. Seem to be having trouble getting my water down. Will try harder.

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the weekend. I know I am missing most of you, but am out of time tonight. Talk to you soon. Love, G
Old 07-13-2001, 08:37 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all! Another quick check-in from Jo. We've been working on a $10 million contract here at work and I've been putting in 10 hour days. We'd better get this contract!! Hm, wonder what my percentage of this will be. NOT!!

Today's going to be a challenge. Cake this morning for a birthday and a lunch today for another one. The weekend is: housewarming party Sat. night, group trip to the Reading Phillies game on Sunday and a birthday party at the VFW Sun. night. Sounds like a lot of food to me. I'm scared.

Guess I missed Trish but the wedding sounds like it's going to be just beautiful. Hope someone takes a photo or two, especially of our skinny little Trish in her dress for the website!!

Judy, my prayers and my hugs {{{JUDY AND CAL}}} to you. Love ya!

Gail ... BRAT!!!!! Whew. There. I feel better.

Have to run. Faxes to fax. Emails to send. Proposals to type. Federal Express is making a fortune from us this week.

Oh, Rich and I just had to plan a quick trip up to Boston for next weekend. Nothing bad. His parents are packing up the house for the move. It's the house Rich and the whole family grew up in. They're getting rid of a lot of stuff. And since I've made Rich get rid of so much of his stuff, he feels the need to get more!!! Can't wait to see what we end up carting home. It's too early for me to start to panic and obsess about this trip just yet. Stay tuned.

Love you all!
Jo.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:57 PM   #5  

Default I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hi everyone...it has been a long time since I've been on here. I remember when 3fatchicks started this message board. Since then I've lost 40 lbs by counting calories and exercising...it's been a long hard process but I definitely feel much better than I did years ago. Now I'm trying to lose another 30 so I thought I'd try the message boards again.

Hello to everyone.

Sally
Old 07-13-2001, 02:19 PM   #6  

Talking

IT'S FRIDAY THE 13TH GUYS!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! Anyone superstitious about Fri. the 13th? So far for me it's been a really good day. And I am 2 days into my second week onplan!

Hi Sally! I joined the Thin Group shortly after it started too. I do remember that there were two Sallys posting at the time and then there were 3 for awhile. Anyways, welcome back - I see you have been posting on another thread as well. Good to have you with us - congratulations on holding your own with your weight, so well.

Jo, you really do have a challenging weekend ahead of you. Just take it a step at a time and you will do fine. You can think of me and what happened when I started slipping and did not get a handle on it. You wouldn't want that to happen to you now would you?

Sylvia, I forgot to mention the other day about your incident with the car. Gosh, that must have been so frightening for you. Bet you are sure counting your blessings with a close call like that. How are things going in San Francisco? Take care.

Sharon, so great talking to you this morning. Sorry I kept you on the phone so long and made you miss your lunch. It's good to hear that you are doing well and back on track again. Did you see that I joined in your Labor Day Challenge. Hope it will do me some good.

Chrissy, thanks for sending me the pictures from our visit in Olympia last Sunday. You look great in them, but I was pretty stunned at how big I look - quite a shocker! But, I have to say though, that we sure look like we were having a great time. I will get mine in in the next few days to get developed. Well, those photos are a good incentive for me not to go off track again. Had such a good time with you - hope to see you again. How did you like the West Coast? Aren't we just too lucky to have so much beauty surrounding us?

Just came on here for a quick visit this morning. It is a little cooler here today and will be moreso over the weekend and the beginning of next week. Maybe we will get a bit more yardwork done during the weekend. We kind of ignored it last week because it was just too hot.

I wish you all a great onplan weekend. Please come and post over the weekend too - I, for one, really need support right now to keep hanging in there. Just have to remember it's one day at a time. Talk to you all soon. Love, G
Old 07-13-2001, 02:27 PM   #7  

Hi Gail...I recognized a few of the names on here...weren't you and a few of the others always trying to see who could start a new thread first...lol. Was is it CJ? I can't remember...lol And yes...there were at least two other Sally's that joined after me. I also see that at least the people that have posted thus far were around for the chicks site crash in Aug 99 when we all had to sign back up.

Anyhoo...I've been plateau'd where I am for too long... You are so right when you say its one day at a time!

Sally
Old 07-13-2001, 09:47 PM   #8  

Howdy ladies!

Just popping in to say hello. I hiope you are all doing well and enjoying your Friday, the 13th!! Very stressful at work .... the rumor is that they are laying off 20 people next Tuesday. Pretty scary. I've been stressing out and my clothes are starting to feel a bit tight .... not a good combination . I've been eating late at night because I'm stressing out and I know that doesn't help in the weight loss area. So, sorry to vent like this. I know it's happening everywhere and no one is really safe. I'll let you ladies know what happens on Tuesday.

For the moment I have a couple of "Mini" Goals

1) Try not eat after 7:00PM
2) Try to get more sleep

I think those are pretty simple and doable .

Judy- Hang in there .... {{{{{{JUDY}}}}}} you and your family are in my prayers

Jo- Have a great weekend in Boston

Gail- Congratulations on the 1/2 pound lost!!! At least it wasn't a gain!!

Trish- The wedding sounds beautiful!!! Have fun!

Sharon- Hey Girl!! I joined your Labor Day Challenge!!

Julie- Happy anniversary!

A big hello to all of you that I didn't address individually.

Have a great weekend!!

Sylvia
Old 07-16-2001, 09:10 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Hm, I had to come back in here and change the settings to show me all posts for the past 5 days instead of 2 days like it always seems to default to. Anyone know how to change that default? Anyway, I had to change it because no one posted over the weekend. What's up with that? Come on you guys!

I'm just kidding. I know how weekends are. Mine was a blur of food food food food and food. Oh, and then I had some food. Oooh, I did so bad! Even after I was full to the point of feeling sick, I ate some more. Saturday, we went out to breakfast after I weighed in. (The good news is another 1.2 lbs. gone. ) Saturday night we went to a housewarming party. Lots of catered and home made foods. Sunday we went out to the Reading Phillies (minor league) baseball game. Hot dogs, soft pretzels, ice cream, french fries, beer.... I did it all. We got back Sunday late afternoon just in time to stop at a friend's 50th b-day party at the VFW. I never saw so much food in my life!!!! So I ate it. And then, just when we were getting ready to go home, they brought out all the desserts and the birthday cake. So of course....

AUGH!!!!!!

This week, I have to weigh in on Thursday night too. Friday, I have to drop off Watson at mom and dad's so Rich and I can leave for Boston in the wee small hours of Saturday morning. It's about a 5-1/2 or 6 hour trip (plus bathroom breaks for Jo and her water bottle). I'm not too worried about the trip up but we have to come home Sunday afternoon with all the other folks on the East Coast returning from assorted weekend trips as well. That may take a little longer. And this trip will probably involve some sort of home-cooked meal up there and stops at restaurants along the way.... Oh brother.

That's my big problem. I've got to learn to handle the unexpected challenges. This trip is last minute. And yesterday, for example, I didn't expect that we'd get home in time to go to the birthday party much less that there'd be SO MUCH FOOD!!! I thought I was done eating for the day. But I just couldn't say no.

So I know I've said it before but this week, I've got to be really good. The company quarterly luncheon is on Wednesday and the menu includes baked chicken (good) and lasagne (bad). Maybe I'll just fill up on the salad, bring my own dressing and avoid the usual "assorted desserts". Having said that, a girl in my department just came in the door with a bakery box....

...HELP???

Boss is in too. Gotta run!
Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:58 PM   #10  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi guys ...

I am at my friend Bev's house and only have a minute .... actualy, they had to go to hospital for her mother and we are staying here with her grandkids watching them. So I am sneaking a minute to say hello .... been so busy getting our water, elec and gas pipes buried underground.

I am sorry I am not addressing anyone now ... I am asking you all for your prayers ... we just found out my sister's daughter has a malignant brain tumor and they say is not operable. I'm waiting to hear if they will be transporting her to a special hospital in Texas that specializes in this type of cancer ... she already has gone into a coma once from the swelling ... She is only 42 yrs old and I am praying they can save her! My sister already lost her 1st son 30 yrs ago in a tragic motorcycle accident .... So please, if you will, send some prayers for them ... Thank you all ... You are all so dear to me.

I have to go now, but will try to address you all next time I get on a computer ... We will be home for a day on the 24th before leaving again ... so, maybe I can post longer then ....

Thanks for listening ... I sure do miss ready our daily posts and posting with you!

Talk to you all soon I hope.

Love, CJ
Old 07-17-2001, 01:08 PM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello, all,

I keep popping in here every six months or so to say "hi." (I'm one of the "other" Sallys (grin))

Anyway, I'm back again. I had been diagnosed with PCOS and was very depressed, going back and forth to doctors, trying to become pregnant. Well, this is my first week back to work after maternity leave!! DD was born on Easter, and is a beautiful bundle with big blueberry eyes.

But I've noticed that my energy and knee-strength is down, which means my weight is up again. Right before Christmas we bought our first house, and it's a split-level so there's lots of stairs (but short flights). I'm feeling really out-of-shape. So, here I am, getting ready to get back into the weight-loss swing of things, and rejoining The Thin Group to share motivations!

It's good to be back.
Old 07-17-2001, 01:14 PM   #12  

Hi everyone...

Welcome back to another Sally!!! Congrats on the little one and the new house...sounds like you have lots going on.

I had a pretty good weekend. Did well except for Sunday on my eating...but I allowed myself pizza and chips to watch the race. The good news is that I worked out everyday over the weekend so I was happy with that. I've done good so far this week too on eating but didn't exercise last night and won't get to again tonight because we have stuff going on...but at least if I eat well I don't have to feel guilty about it.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Sally
Old 07-17-2001, 08:19 PM   #13  

Default Hugs for CJ and congrats for Synger

CJ - I am sending lots of positive vibes your way, I truly hope your niece recovers. My Mum just turned 46 yesterday - 42 is so young. Too young. Hugs to you.

Synger - congrats!! When you say you had a DD on Easter, do you mean Easter Sunday? Because my daughter was born on Easter Sunday. I'm back here now and have just joined WW, trying to lose those pregnancy pounds I'd love more details!!

Sally - welcome back. I was here for the 'crash of '99' (he he). Remembre that - a week when we couldn't access the site and I was absolutely lost, I was an everyday poster then..

Well last week I only lost 1 pound. Hardly worth going! But I'd had a bit of a party week (as much as one can with a 3 month old baby), so I guess it was okay.

We still haven't exchanged contracts on the house, but hope to do so in the next few days. Love to all and I'll check back in in a couple of days..
Sam
161/156.6/132
Old 07-17-2001, 09:37 PM   #14  

Good evening all,
Hope that everyone survived the weekend. On program that is. I certianly didn't but I'm hoping that all of the walking that we did in the city helped burn some of those extra calories. We had a perfect first anniversary. Took a train into New York, saw Les Miserables, Leisurly lunch al fresco. Went to a free concert in Bryant Park and then the train home. It was wonderfull. Something that we both needed with all of the stress. When I weighed in on thursday I was up 1.2 pounds but the way I've been eating I was happy that it wasn't 5. We did go out for a walk tonight so I really am trying to get back on track.
Trish: I am sure that your sons wedding was as beautifull as it sounded. Can't wait to hear about it.
JO: i don't envy you this weekend. A 6 hour drive up and down the east coast in the summer is not fun.Bring plenty of water and maybe a potty??
Sally and Synger: Welcome Back!!!!!!!
Sylvia: Hope that you made it through today unscathed. Your goals are good ones. Remember "Baby Steps"
CJ: We will keep your niece in our thoughts and prayers.
Time to get ready for work tomorrow. It's supposed to be a hot one. Take care all. Love, Julie
Old 07-17-2001, 10:00 PM   #15  

Talking

Hi to you all!

Sorry to have been away again since the weekend. I installed Windows 98 and I guess all my cookies got deleted so I had to find my password, etc., to get in here. It took a couple of days to get everything running smoothly again. I still can't get it to shut down the way it used to though. Gosh, I hate updating. It never seems to work out quite right for me. I guess I am lacking in the technology dept.

Welcome back to Synger. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. That is wonderful. What is her name? So glad to have you back with us.

Sam, nice to hear from you. Down a pound is way better than up a pound. You are doing just fine. Hope all goes well with the buying of your home. How is little Charlotte doing?

Julie, your anniversary sounds so very nice. Glad that you had such a good time. 1.2 pounds is probably just water. Don't worry - it will come off by next weigh-in. How is Nicole doing? On the mend, I hope.

Sally, nice to hear from you again too. Sounds like you are right back ontrack again.

CJ, your niece is in my prayers. Take care.

Sharon, guess you are busy getting ready for your big camping weekend with your sister-in-law Chrissy. Wish I were coming too. I'll bet you will all have a great time.

CH/Carolyn, where oh where are you? Sure do miss hearing from you. Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Jo, your life seems to be consumed with food. Good for you, handling it so well.

Sylvia, good to hear from you. Hope all is well with your job. Yes, that would be pretty scarey allright. Take care.

Well, got to go and get at a few things before TV time. Want to see Big Brother 2. It sure is better than the first one was. Anyone but me and Sharon watching it?

Take care everyone. Talk to you soon. Love, G
Closed Thread