Old 03-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #1  
I will suceed!!!

Default Moms losing weight Wed. #68

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I drink a gallon of water a day.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #2  
I will suceed!!!

Morning everyone! Well, my h took the laundry and went over to my friend's house to wash it. More for me to fold and put away this evening....woohoo! Not much going on today. Rearranging the kids' room, and getting ready to move soon. Hoping I can find a babysitter by Monday! I don't know how long I'll be able to stay in this apartment. Very frustrating indeed. If it's not one thing it's another. Oh, good news to report. I'm down a pound from Sunday!

Well, I'll bbl. Good morning everybody!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #3  

Hi all!! Getting kind of confused with all of these threads....but I think I got the hang of it now!!
Hope everyone is doing okay today. I went to work today, to do a 2 person reset, and of course the other person didn't show....story of my life. It was a 16' deoderant reset so I didn't want to tackle it myself! I would have like to get the hours for my next paycheck...so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
I'm down 2 pounds since Sunday...woohoo to that! I really need to step up the exercising though....all I've done this week is treadmill. Hey, in the other thread some of you were talking about an exercise challange and points...what's that all about?
Well, since I'm not working today...and was forced to get up at 6am (blech) I guess I'll go shopping and leave the housework to the kids!! Sounds like a good plan, huh? I really need to start my spring cleaning, and Tabitha you've really given me the inspiration to start that. I did manage to re-arrange the living room furniture and get rid of some peices..hubby doesn't like it, but he doesn't have to clean it, now it's more open.
Well, better go. My 13 year old is bugging me to take him to the batting cages, so I guess I'll be nice!! Have a good day everyone! Lisa
snoskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #4  

Hello, all. I've been working on exercising earlier in the day this week, and I'm definitely doing better. Instead of just doing cardio or just doing yoga, I have the time/energy to do cardio and follow it up with toning. I'm hoping to get in yoga today too, but that might be a bit ambitious for me

Jeniqua- are you hanging in there? I wish I could say I avoided snacks, but I didn't. At least I snacked on rice cakes yesterday instead of chips and ice cream. It's a start
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...Did all my running around so I wouldn't have to drag the family out in the snow. That's right, I said snow! Wishing I was on a beach right now.

Tabitha-What's with your apt? Moving? I am glad we finally got our own house 2 yrs ago. I don't miss the moving and shuffling and changing schools and all that garbage. Good luck on the babysitter hunt. That link didn't work but I did check out the exercise thread a bit.

Hey Chelle-What's up girl? Yoga sounds kind of fun. That's one of those activities that my doctor recommends for me or tai chi. I'm a youngish arthritis patient. He says it would be good for me.

Lisa-What do ya do for a living? I've had to do some resets before with my dad for candy aisles. Can't say I really miss that part of the job. Pain in the butt. I'm also slowly but surely getting some spring cleaning done. I rearranged the laundry room yesterday and have thrown lots of junk away and boxed up other stuff for a garage sale my sister plans on having in June.

As it all goes, it looks like I better get back to the laundry. I plan on having it all done before tomorrow, since I have to work. That way I don't have tons of it to do come Friday morning.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #6  

Chris- I haven't tried Tai Chi, but I've tried pilates and yoga now. Arthritis runs in my family, and I've had really bad knee problems for over 10 years now. The first time I tried yoga was years ago, and it involved jumping from position to position so much that I couldn't get through it.

My daughter found my old tape and wanted to try it so I bought her a beginner's DVD (which I had no intention of trying after the last experience). I ended up doing that DVD and then buying another and another. Now I can honestly say it is my favorite thing I can do for myself. I always feel like I NEED to do cardio so if I don't have time to do yoga and cardio, I skip the yoga, but yoga just brings such a feeling of calm and relaxation to me. I honestly feel better after doing that than after taking a nap. How sad is that?

My best advice is not to do anything that says Power Yoga (I think another thing it's called is Ashtanga). I thought it would be Yoga with a little cardio thrown in (like fat burning pilates or something similar), but I was wrong. It's all about quickly moving from position to position, jumping up and down, and changing to a new position before you are even sure if you had the last one right. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I should have done some research

If you are looking for a good DVD, I love Sarah Ivenhoe as an instructor. I have two Crunch DVDs (The Joy of Yoga and Candlelight Yoga) that she did, and I know she has done DVDs that aren't part of the Crunch series. The Crunch ones aren't anything weird though, just standard Hatha yoga.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Chelle-THanks for your recommendations. I'm going to check out ebay and see what I can find. I've thought about yoga alot and then get so busy I forget to check it out. YOu know how that is.

Have a great rest of the day. I have to go get some more laundry done. My "favorite" thing in the world...NOT!

~chris
Old 03-23-2005, 04:45 PM   #8  
I will suceed!!!

Chelle, I have been having one **** of a day, so I'm gonna pull out that yoga dvd that I've had for like a year, and give it a shot before I go to bed this evening.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #9  
Shake Your Booty!

Hello Ladies Ya know what I wanna get? That damn dance pad for Playstation...I was watching some show the other day and these 2 kids were going at it..I bet it would be an awesome way to get in some exercise for me AND the kids without them knowing I'm making them exercise...Did yall ever hear of them? I don't know what its called but its a pad and you dance on it, its hooked up to your game system and you watch it on TV while you follow along,,,I want it dangit! LOL

Well my kids got home early today, as spring break has officially started, and they don't go back to school until Wed. so I'll be grey by then LOL! Hope everyone is doing well, I'll get personal tomorrow.

HEY!! WTG on losing those few pounds ladies
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:52 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Chrissy, it's called DDR or Dance Dance Revolution. I want one too. MichelleRae has one and she like it. I've seen them do it an amusement park we have here. It looks like a blast.

~chris
Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #11  
Shake Your Booty!

YAY Chris thanks!! I'm gonna go searching for this thing tomorrow, I want it so bad! You would think I was a kid, not going on 40 years old here LOL!!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #12  
I will suceed!!!

Chrissy, it's the child inside of you that is so excited! I wish they made something like that for the Gamecube. Can't afford to go out and by a whole new system! lOL, I hope you find it, try Toys R Us! I bet you could find it there, or on ebay or somewhere online. Or at an electronics store. Good luck, hope you find it!