Old 03-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #1  
Shake Your Booty!

Default Moms Losing Weight #67

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I drink a gallon of water a day.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning all Where is everyone lately? Our thread has gotten so quiet Well I am here, I have a few things to do today then I'm home for the rest of the day. I ordered my Richard Simmons stuff almost 3 weeks ago, I called them yesterday and they said it will be another week to 2 weeks before I get it...man I coulda got it off ebay brand new and it would have been here already (and cheaper too!) Well I made a decision yesterday I was eating between 1200 & 1500 calories a day I think I am going to switch that to 1400 & 1700 right now because I am a big girl still, and if I stay low like I was, when I reach my goal or as I get towards it I am thinking it will be harder to loose if I am still eating the same amount, so if I eat a little more now (which is still way less then I was when I was working on getting this big) then I hit say 200 lbs I lower it by 100-200 calories a day by the time I hit my goal I can be eating 1500 calories a day and be OK...does that make sense? Lord I hope so LOL!
OK gotta get my son up and moving, I'll check in later.

Tabitha~ You sure kept busy yesterday..Good for you!!
Lisa~You seem to have kept busy all weekend and YAY for those 2 lbs being gone!!
Penny~Nice seeing you again
Melissa~Where are ya?
Michelle~You are hiding out too...come out come out wherever you are.
Chris~Keeping busy on your end, hope all is well
Chelle~Hows things your way? I hope good.
Jen~I hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed all that cake and partying
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

I've so completely let go of any good eating habits I had lately with TOM. There is not enough food in the house lately! Hopefully, now that I've eaten nearly every bit of junk in the house, there won't be anything left for me to binge on. There has to be a bright side to all of this, right?

My husband was signing up for a new insurance plan yesterday and called to ask what I weigh. I told him I could give him the weight it says on my license, but that would be a complete lie
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #4  
I will suceed!!!

Chrissy, that makes perfect sense. You are working out more, and your body is burning more calories. So upping it a little may boost your weightloss. I guess you already know that. I read somewhere that by cutting calories so low, the body can actually go into starvation mode and stop losing weight.

Chelle, I completely sympathize, and I hope TOM doesn't give you much more trouble. Instead of eating all the time, try drinking water when you feel like you want to eat.

I have a question. Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? She had a lady on that had weighed over 300 pounds, had gastric bypass surgery, and lost 200 pounds. She was sagging and had excess skin, it was just horrible. So she had some cosmetic surgery, and now she looks positively magnificent. My question, how do I keep from having all the excess skin? Are there any exercises I can do that might tone and tighted my skin a little and keep my boobs from sagging too badly? I mean, I know they won't look like hers, my word, the woman was in a III bra! Anyway, that's my little worry for the day. I really need to stop watching these shows that give me more to worry about! LOL, well off to do some housework. Take care everyone.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Hello everyone!! It has been really slow around here lately. Things on my end are getting much better. I think I'm finally accepting that my husband and I are getting a divorce. I am still moving by the 1st of May. I applied at a low income housing department to find an apartment. They called one of my old landlord's yesterday so hopefully they have an apartment for us!! With everything going on I've gained weight..uugghh!! I need to get back into exercising and eating healthy again. I can do it, I can do it!!

ChrissyL~I had a wonderful time at the party this weekend. My sister inlaw picked me and the kids up at 9:30am and we didn't get home until 7:30!! The kids were exhausted. I like the idea about your calorie intake. That makes perfect sense to me too. I try to keep my calorie range between 1400-1500 calories a day. You can do
it!!!

Tabitha~ Good morning!!! I love Oprah too! I didn't see that show though. What's on your agenda for today??

Chelle~ I feel your pain! I get the munchies before TOM. I've been on a terrible eating spree myself. Lets make a promise to ourselves to make healthy snack choices today. What do you say?? Have a wonderful day!

OKAY, where is everyone???? I thought I was the only one missing in action lately. I hope everyone is okay. Talk to you all later.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi guys!

~jeniqua-I'm glad you're doing good. I sure hope they do have an apt. for you . That would be a good deal. Not much happening here. I gained a little also...(oops).

Tabitha-How's the job search going? I didn't watch Oprah yesterday but I have seen something similar on a plastic surgery show. I'm not sure what you can do about excess skin. I'm thinking that if you do toning exercises, it might help. I'm not sure. My skin is really elasticy, so I'm hoping it shrinks back some. I don't have stretch marks or anything from having kids either so I think that might be a plus for me.

Chelle-TOM is knocking here too. I'm doing the pre-TOM game with the munchies and the bloating. I wish guys had to go through this every month.

Chrissy-I was eating too little a while back and it does help to up your calorie intake. Kind of weird how that all works but it makes sense. When I went up with my calories and slowed down on the exercise, the scale finally budged after it stalled for almost 4 months. Keep up the good work!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #7  
I will suceed!!!

Alright, where is everybody? coffee anyone?

Well, I really racked up the points today, all three challenges, plus three others things. For a total of 28 today! WooHoo! And I am not going to stop there! Tomorrow is going to a big day too! I've been reading in some of the other threads about excess skin and sagging boobs, and things I can do to try and help that from happening. So, I am going to be working on those exercises as well as cardio and all that. Tomorrow, it's chicometrics! Well, it's been a long day, and I need to get my little ones to bed. Alright, my 4 year old. Jeffery is asleep for a change! Celebrate the small stuff, cause the big stuff doesn't come around that often. Take care everyone, have a good night.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..
Tab-Don't keep it a secret. What are these exercises to do for chicken flapping arms and saggin boobs? My arms might be okay but in the boob dept., I'm screwed.

It is rather quiet lately huh? I've been busy with my shrieking kids and my stressed out dh. They are acting up so bad anymore. I don't know what to do.

Well I suppose I better go get Kayla's Easter dress cut out. I have to do that and a froggie pillow all before Sunday. I'll be busy busy busy.

GOOD JOB ON THE CHALLENGE. I got 16 pts in yesterday but i'm slow today. My legs hurt from going deeper with my lunges. Just a touch sore.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #9  
I will suceed!!!

Chris, here is the link to the thread I posted in the Exercise forum. In it is a link I was sent to that talks all about it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55238

If I did that right, then you should be able to just click on it. There really isn't any secret exercises. If you want to know about chicometrics, go to chicometrics.com. Basically to sum up what I read in the thread, 1. good nutrition, 2. strength training, and something else. It was full of some very interesting things.

The chicometrics works on core muscles, and it is a real workout. I really feel it the next day.

The job search is going okay. I put an ad in the paper for a babysitter, and am waiting to hear on that before I can go to work for the temp agency. I'm pretty nervous about that, I have never had to do this before. Daycare is one thing, when there are other kids around and lots of adults and all that. But this is going to be someone alone in my home with my children. Yikes!

Well I am off to bed. Have a good night everyone.

Tabitha
Old 03-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #10  
I will suceed!!!

Starting a new thread....