Old 03-21-2005, 08:33 PM   #1  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Cool Teachers Successfully Losing Weight/Spring 2005

Join us in our quest to get healthy and look hot!!!
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, for me to look hot.........you must have a very vivid imagination Summer! I would be happy just not to look like the goodyear blimp!!!!!
Funny, last nite I thought the same thing about starting a new thread. Thanks for doing so.

Dh and Ds just left for Florida-and the house is a shambles. It will take me the rest of the week to dig out the mess. Who was I kidding thinking that I might get something done this week????
No walk yet- I plan ongoing out for one during my "break"- even though I think I will be driving an extra route this am. (gotta attempt to fatten up the check a bit as I will not be paid for next week). Not much is new- the last day or so has been spent getting stuff ready for the "boys" to leave. Now Dd and I can party.....and I don't have to do the big meal thing for a while!!!!!
See ya later, and have a great day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:54 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Duh.....just forgot to put email notification on the last post.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Survived today...barely. Drove an extra run mid day, to transport some students to VOTEC- I will NEVER do that again. Not that desparate for the $$$. The monsters started rocking the bus immediately upon boarding (with security watching them, who are BTW useless). Then throwing my seat markers around (destroyed 2 of them), then one stellar individual decided to fake puking for 1/2 the trip. I knew all along that he was faking it- finally had to pull over and insist that he sit in row 1. Of course he made a big fuss over that...bellyachin', cursing......etc..... Gee, I would LOVE to meet the parents that raised him. Or maybe they did not raise him at all and that is the problem. Alll I know is it made me SO thankful for my 3- and especially Ds and his buddies (the same gender as this jerk). I am also driving an extra trip tomorrow, but that is just some 5th graders to the HS for a play, and should be pretty easy. Hopefully some of the students I drive will be my own, and set the standard.
Nuff bellyachin!!! My eating has been ok- and being that it is just Dd and myself, I can and will get away with an easy dinner. Hope everyone is ok out there......see ya later!
Ginny
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #5  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Wink

Wow Ginny! I don't envy you driving that route. It is so funny...to me, 3rd graders are big kids! (They are the oldest in our school this year.) Rowdy high schoolers really intimidate me, particularly having to drive around a large number of them. Thank God there were no brawls on board. You are my witness, I will never teach anyone over the age of 5 unless I have no other choice.

Want to hear the latest escapades of the Nimrod (custodian)? Well, Nimrod wanted to get rid of the sand in our parking lot. Are you wondering what creative way he had to do so? He got out the lawn mower and tried blowing the sand off the pavement! All he succeeded in doing was to blow sand and rocks on everyone's cars dirtying and dinging them up!!! The Gym teacher caught him and yelled at him to STOP IT RIGHT NOW! He sulked away and was later found doing the same thing in the parking lot on the other side of the school! Okay, here's incident number 2. Nimrod was caught cleaning out the water fountains with the toilet brush!!! I used to worry about my students getting impetigo when their mouths touched the fountain...imagine what they could catch now!!! The principal is out of the building this week, but when she called in, the secretary told her about all of it. She had no response and apparently is planning on doing nothing about it.

Time to hit the road.

Take care one and all!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Oh Summer......cleaning out the fountains with a toilet brush???? EColi city!!!! Yuck and so totally disgusting. I have an idea, send Nimrod to monitor or drive for the idiot route that I drove today.....his mentality fits in so perfectly with the phoney puker.
And I will NEVER drive that route again- my usual is elementary and a mix of elementary/high school (very few kids, large distance). I do much better with younger students too. Not too happy dealing with adolescent hormones.
Gotta go....have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 03-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #7  
Swimming Mouse

And you wonder why I'm so cranky sometimes? :grin: Could it have anything to do with the fact that the high schoolers I teach are the ones that the public schools couldn't handle? Imagine, Ginny: the kids on your bus, that age, but worse than that. At least your kid got up and moved his seat, even with the cursing and belly-aching.
My 4th period students were off the wall so horribly today that at one point, I suggested that we didn't need tickets to the circus because this was entertainment enough. Rapping, beats on the desk, the most foul language imaginable. I do hope the child made up the song, but I kind of doubt it: one of the lines had to be with "banging up his sista in the kitchen". Oh, lord. And we're having them finish up hospitality by doing a restaurant creation activity. They have a fairly length packet that included some recipes (only because my TA was acting so stupid the last half of the quarter, we never got to the kitchen), and instructions on how to create a restaurant, logo, slogan, and menu. My only rules were that it had to be appropriate for school, and couldn't be a copyright violation. What did I get from that group? "Big Balls Meatballs Cafe" (got that changed after many directions), and "Big Daddy Wants Woman Now", and the kicker, "Cocaine Cafe". Makes me want to just thinking about it at times... or laugh hysterically.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #8  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Thumbs up

Mouse, what a downer. Girl, for the kids you work with, for the supervisor who gives you zero credit, for the aide who ignores and disrespects you, for the doctors who treat you with zero dignity and continually give you the run-around, YOU DESERVE SO MUCH MORE THAN THIS.

It is my prayer that you find a job you love with supervisors and coworkers who support and respect you for all you are. It is my prayer that a doctor wakes up and not only has the answer to your problem but provides you with the means to make it happen.

No wonder you swim for miles.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:56 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Mega Dittos to Summer.......I can't at all top the wisdom left for Mouse by you and would be a fool to attempt to do so. Bless you for what you do.
Ginny
Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 PM   #10  

Hey!
You all left me behind in winter! Gone one day and everyone disappears. Lol
AS GINNY ALREADY SAID...........ONE MORE DAY! ONE MORE DAY!!!!!ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!
Man, if tomorrow at three ten doesn't get here in a hurry I am planning a nervous breakdown for around........9:30. In case anyone would care to join. My kids are off the hook!!!!!!! I was going to run away before fourth period, but the custodian who was emptying my trash can would not teach for me. She replied "Man, I'm outta here!" Gosh, what's up with that?
Won't bore you with all the details only to sayUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
My eating has been horrible this week. I am slowly going backwards here. Nothing seems to satisfy me. Wanted some ice water, but alas we're out of ice...........I wish my son would hurry up and start this stupid job, he and his friends eat toooo much. They don't bother to tell you that they've used the last of anything. I'm just cranky. I'm planning a huge cumulative test for tomorrow, so I can atleast keep these kids from bouncing off the walls. I'm sure they'll love that!
Ginny: Saw the walk away the pounds express DVD with the one two and three mile on it, so I told my hubby that's what he could get me for my birthday. I picked it up and put it in his face at Target last night, he said uggh no, what could I really get you? I said this is something I really want!
I also told him I wanted the walk away the pounds book. We saw that too, so maybe he'll remember. Good luck tomorrow on your route, I'll pray for you.
Mouse: Hang on girl, one more day. I too send the same sentiments Summer did. She said it so beautifully. That pretty much said it all. I wish summer would hurry up and come. We bought a pool last year. It's four feet deep by eighteen feet diameter. It looks like a huge jello mold if you ask me, but we love it. You can actually swim across it and back. Wish it were an inground! It's a lot of maintenance, but it is definitely worth it. I love to swim.
Summer: UNHAPPY TO REPORT..........WE STILL HAVE AOL................
How annoying...........Hubby still hasn't managed to cancel......
Going to Virginia Beach on Friday for the weekend. I'm sure that will be an eating extravaganza. I'm taking my tape with me, so I can atleast get up early and excercise. Maybe that will offset some of the easter candy that will be floating around. Plus, we're celebrating all of the March birthdays. we have my hubby, me, my son, my nephew and my sister in law all in March. It will be fun anyway. I really miss my Mom!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE TOMORROW!
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #11  

P.s.
I was just thinking about Summer's nimrod.....Remember the mold problem? Instead of cleaning the floors with bleach, which I'm hoping they will do over Spring Break, the custodian brought a hoe in and scraped the floor. Only did one classroom. Wasn't mine!
Pam
Old 03-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Pam,
I hate to disappoint you.......today was my last day of school and to top it off we are due for 8" of snow tonite. (what a waste of a perfectly good snow day). Sorry that your kids were wackadoos- mine have been all week. I drove a trip today (just took the 4th graders to the HS for a play) and after we got there the teachers I drove commented that they could never do what I do.....of course the kids were loud and somewhat rambuncious- but it would have been next to impossible to get them to behave following "my rules" as I only had 3 kids from my own route who know what my rules are. (and I know that I am on the strict side, but I get lots of unsolicited hugs, and I think my kids like me......well for the most part......) Anyway- I thought of all of you today, actually dreamed about how neat it would be if I could drive each of you on a trip (with your students, of course!) and how neat that would be. Never going to happen, me in NY, Summer in Ct, Mouse in Md, Robyn in Va, Kerry in Oh, Pam in NC, and just a slight problem even getting to Paisely in Hawaii!
Nuff of my babbling......gotta go.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 03-23-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #13  

Just me again! Getting ready to go watch Survivor, and wiping away the tears knowing that you are already out of school!
Unfortunately, after changing into my shorts to get ready to walk, I got a phone call from my son saying MA, I need some steel toed boots. Oh really? When do you need them? By tomorrow morning. Hubby isn't home from work so another night spent chasing around for the eldest son who seems to appreciate nothing...........Anyway........I think your field trip sounds fine! I vote we should all go get Paisley! I have an uncle in Honalulu anyway! Sounds good to me. You defintely would not want to drive my lovlies around. They'd have you drinking by noon. LOL! Or hijack the bus. One of my best friends lives in New York. Not to far from the Vermont Border I think.......
Survivor is calling!
Pam
Old 03-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #14  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 03-25-2005 at 06:35 AM.
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #15  

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I didn't think this afternoon would ever arrive! Seems like everytime I looked at the clock during fourth period it said 2:00! It's over cept for the singing!
I had a pretty good day. My first period all sang happy birthday. My friend brought Strawberry Shortcake. Yum! And no more school for ten more days. How good is that? We're supposed to be leaving for Virginia Beach in the morning, but my little one is getting sick! I picked him up this afternoon and his cheeks were all red and his head felt warm and he says he has a headache and a sore throat. He is cuurently taking a nap. I guess if he isn't better by the morning, I'll take him to the doctor.
Dare I say it outloud? Oldest son started his job today. He was actually up and out of the house by 6 am. We're being hopeful this time.
ROBIN: WHAT'S IN THAT GLASS??????????//WATER I HOPE!
Well, gonna go wash some clothes and try to clean this house, so it will be fairly decent when I come home. Although, the oldest one will be here. Time to enlist the neighborhood spies so it won't be like the MTV party house this weekend! Blah!
Pam