Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 10:38 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr. old #127

G'day all,

Would you believe I just lost my last quite long post So annoying when that happens.

Peggy and Geri no great weight loss to report, a mere .2kg but that is still better than gaining.

Slavika I have the picture in mind of you and your friend cruising around in a sports car Good to hear you are enjoying Chicago.

All is well down under. I am having some of my teeth done, 2 crowns and a bit of a 'spit and polish' on the others. DD is so pleased because they now don't have to hide me in the wedding photos
Speaking of my dd, here is the website with the Australian contestants of Survivor http://www.geocities.com/aussie_survivor2001/pics2.html , her name is Lexie.
The time is flying, I have made an appointment to see my doctor and discuss the feet , some other chores have been attended to, I have been totally ruthless and have about 4 garbage bags of clothes for charity.
I have to fly, catch you all soon.............
Maria
Old 07-09-2001, 11:02 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Default Cruising!!!!!!!!!

Slavika: That car sounds really nice! I have seen them and they are. Bet you had fun riding around in it. My DH is talking about some BMW he saw in the paper. ALAS..... Im always the last to know. I like the seedless Watermelons to. True the other does have a better flavor. But I really like it woth out the seeds. Easier to cut up and every thing else. Had some today. Yummmmmm

Maria: A loss is a loss and thats what counts! Checked out the survivior page. Is that her picture? Couldnt really tell from the page.

Night all!
Old 07-10-2001, 06:52 AM   #3  

Oh Slavika I am jealous. I keep trying to turn my Corolla into a Lexus. My friend has the SUV one. Nice cars. Lily I am looking for the pictures. They are here somewhere. I can't remember how good they are. They were taken at our big show last October. We do a pumpkin festival so most of the booth is fall. It is going to be a real hot one today so I am going to get walk in early. Maria your dd's entry is cute. I like her hobby of sleeping. She is a cute girl - hope she makes it.
Old 07-11-2001, 11:03 PM   #4  
Net browser

Default ....Lobster dinner was great

Hi Everybody
My family has left now to put the little ones to bed. My DIL and grandchildren are going to the lake tomorrow and staying out there for a couple of weeks. We'll be out on the weekend so will see them then. The lobster dinner was wonderful. I tried not to dip every piece in the melted butter....LOL
Our DIL loved the golf bag and clubs we gave her and the little golf outfit too (she tried it on, it fit ,and looked like a professional lady golfer to me). Our Son gave her a new bike for her birthday, so she did very well for herself. She's always so happy with anything you give her she's a pleasure to give presents too.
I had a fun day out shopping/lunch with my friend. I bought a pair of shorts (the kind made out of that sort of parachute cloth to wear over my swimsuit bottoms (when I'm just walking from the pool to the condo while on holidays or at the lake).
My dentist called and gave me the name of a Periodontist to contact about having those teeth implants. I see him next Tuesday morning. I noticed none of you mentioned having had that kind of work done........LOL no wonder, screws put in the jaw. BROTHER
Is Anne still away on holidays??? What are you up to Karen I don't think we heard from you for a while either.
Trudy did you have a nice day today?
Talk to you all tomorrow. Night now.

Last edited by slavika; 07-11-2001 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Well, all, I have finally made it through all the posts so I can talk halfway intelligently to you all. We were on vacation last week in Red River, New Mexico and I got back to work last Monday. The first two days back were sort of a nightmare because my computer died and the technician had to reinstall everything at the same time that my boss needed things. Needless to say, it was a long day. Our vacation was wonderful, however. My niece got married in the pavilion at the motel. We had 42 family members there on vacation. She married a real sweetheart. My newlywed son and his wife, her daughter, and his son came. We certainly enjoyed the mountains and the coolness. When we returned to OK, we were in shock--105 degrees the first day! Oh well, it is home--OK in July.

It sounds like we are all falling apart. Maria, I would advise you to get your painful feet taken care of ASAP. I know what Geri is talking about, but they just don't get any better and sometimes you just have to "bite the bullet." Three years ago I had bunion surgery, one foot after the other. It is so remarkable that my feet are no problem at all to me anymore. I love having painless feet. But it was a chore. I was on crutches, a walker, and a cane in two sequences, but NO ACHING at all anymore!

Slavika - I haven't had teeth implants, but I have periodontal disease, so I take extremely good care of my teeth. I clean those suckers every night for about 20 minutes. So, I have not lost any teeth at all. I think that good dental care can add years to your life. And if inplants will solve the problems in your mouth, GO FOR IT!

Karen - I feel for your family. Two years ago we lost both our mothers within 5 months. We were cleaning out and throwing away for months, it seemed. That made me so paranoid for awhile in my own house. You know how you might put junk in drawers and closets? Everytime I did that for awhile I worried about my kids having to clean out my house sometime. My sister finally told me to just live as well as I can because we survived the cleaning out and throwing away and they would too. I certainly hated invading their personal things, but finally realized it was the last thing I could do for both of them.
Glenda
Old 07-12-2001, 12:21 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: If you dont find the pictures dont worry about it.

Slavika: I have never had teeth implants. I have had other teeth surgery done but not that, yet anyways. I go to a periodist every 6 months now. Your party sounds like it was a great success! Bet the Lobster was wonderful. Makes me hungry for it.

Glenda: Welcome back! You had a wonderful vacation! Lots of family memebers there. Im sure the wedding was beautiful.

Been really busy at work lately. Hope it slows down soon.!

Later!
Old 07-12-2001, 09:02 PM   #7  

Default very quickly..........

before my visitors are here

Nice to see you Glenda and thank you for the advise re my feet. I have an appointment to see my own doctor on Monday, mainly to confirm with her that I am doing the right thing. I feel 99.9% certain that I will go ahead with it as soon as possible.
It sounds unbelievable to have no more aching feet!

Slavika I have heard of screw in teeth and if that is what you need, go for it. I have been for my check up and asked my dentist about some of my discoloured teeth and other teeth that are all filling He is managing to put in two crowns and 'tidy up' my other teeth in the few weeks that we are home. I already have two tempory crowns in awaiting the permanent ones, it is starting to look good!

I have had a huge clean up and feel so much for it and I am determined nomatter what the bargain, I will only buy if Ineed it I feel quite ashamed throwing out stuff that I have not even worn

I also have a project to do whilst my feet are healing. We have some 800 slides and I enquiried to have them put on a cd-rom. I nearly died at the price $6.50 each!!!!!! The scanner to buy that accomodates slides is a little over $600 so that will be my job. I have my cross-stitch, some books, my daily chat to you guys and then my big project with the slides. I should not get bored.

Visitors are here, see ya
Maria
Old 07-12-2001, 11:08 PM   #8  

Default I'm still around....

Just wanted to post this recipe for you all to try. We had it tonight and really liked it. I'll get back to the boards maybe over the weekend.

Cool Cucumber Salad
“0” Points

1 med. cucumber quartered and sliced
1 med. tomato chopped
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 T. limejuice
2T. Vinegar
3/4 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. salt&1/4 tsp. Pepper

Combine first four ingredients in bowl
In a small bowl mix the last four ingredients and pour over cucumber mixture. Cover and Refrigerate for 15 min. Use a slotted spoon to serve.

Let me know if you like it. I'm planning to pass it out to the members of my groups. That is if it passes the Feisty & sexy 50's &60's test group

Karen
Old 07-13-2001, 10:36 AM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Karen: It sounds really good to me! I will try it tomorrow night with dinner. Need to go get some cucumbers first. It reminds me of something my Mom use to make all the time. Yummm. DH wont eat it as he hates Cucumbers. But that just means all the more for me!

Maria: I hate to throw things away I never wore either. But if they dont fit any more out they go! Whoa, you will diffenety be busy while your feet heal. 800 slides? Course I guess we have that many pictures. I have so many books just filled with Pic's.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:31 PM   #10  

Cucumbers sound yummy! Karen this sounds so good. I like cucumbers and dill. Going to make this one. Sounds like a keeper. Slavika I know someone who has a screwy mouth. She went to have a few teeth extracted and when she woke up he pulled all of them. Big mistake! She had screws put in and if I remember right they had to grow or something before they could put the teeth on the screws. This was quite a while ago and a lawsuit later. Maria don't you get really mad at yourself when you buy things and don't wear them? I know that I do. It is best to get rid of them. I throw out anything if I haven't worn it in a year. When are you having the foot surgery? You have enough to keep you busy - you shouldn't get bored. Glenda what a fun vacation. Hope you took lots of pictures for a lot of memories. Lily I found a couple of pics - not the greatest but you can get the idea. I will send them over the weekend. We leave Monday for New Orleans so if I don't post before then have a nice week everyone.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:49 PM   #11  
Net browser

Default ....screwy mouth EH ? Peggy LOL

Hi Everybody
Karen I printed off your Cucumber Salad recipe but did not get the chance to make it yet. I love cucumbers so I am sure I will like it.
I think this whole implant thing sounds worse then it is. They don't even put you under to do the procedure. The pain involved is apparently no worse then when you get root canals or teeth extractions. I have had both of those and survived so I am sure I will survive the implants. I have a lot of questions for the doctor as to what procedure to have done, and whether the partial should be removable or not. From all that I have read on it, from start to finish it could take about 6 months. They do the procedure to put the screws into your jaw and then you wear your existing partial for 6 months or so until the implants heal and then the new partial is put in or the posts are capped (with individual teeth). LOL There now doesn't that sound simple. YIKES.
Peggy Have a nice time in New Orleans. I'm off to the lake tomorrow morning so I'll "talk" to you I guess when you get back.
Glenda Hi there. Sounds like you had a nice holiday, good for you. Boy you sure have hot weather at home.
Well gang, I better get going........Bye now.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:22 AM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: Have a fun trip. New Orleans sounds like alot of fun!

Slavika: Enjoy your trip to the lake! Relax and have fun.

Karen: The Cucumber Salad was delish! Im gonna make some more for a snack during the week. I used Cherry tomatoes in mine, sliced in half and it was really good! The dill really brings out the flavor on all of it.
Its a must share with your WW group.

We are going to the camel races tomorrow. It was fun last year so we are going again. Have a great weekend all!
Old 07-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #13  

Good Morning all,

Lily thanks for the input on the salad. I'm going to make it again myself today because I really enjoyed it. All of my members are getting a copy.

First off let me tell you that we got that old house cleaned out and ready for the relatives from out west to come and dispense with the property. When I tell you that we cleaned a garbage house I ain't just whistling Dixie. She had not once asked for help. No one had been allowed in the house for 20 years. It was very sad to see what can become of a person who is alone and too proud to ask for help. The lesson in all this is if you even suspect that some one is living like that get social services involved. The thing is that is not the kind of a person she was. I remember a time when she would scrub her floors on her hands and knees then put down newspaper to keep it clean for a few days. But she began to isolate herself form every one. It was a very very sad thing. I cried for days after I saw the mess. We had four dumpsters out there and each was full when we were done.

I've also taken on the leader job of 2 more WW groups. I’ve been working as receptionist there and now the leader has given them up. So now I am leader for 4 groups. What do you think of my sending out recipes to the groups via e-mail and asking each person to bring a copy or 2 to share with someone who doesn't use e-mail rather that printing out over a 100 copies? Do you think that is lazy of me or cheap? You guys have to power to keep me on the straight and narrow. So be honest.

Maria what did you decide about your feet?

Slavika And your teeth?

Glenda welcome back.

Peggy did you try the salad yet?

Well now you've heard from me so I'll go for now got to make my flip charts up.

Karen
Old 07-16-2001, 10:45 AM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Karen:
I bet the house was really hard to clean up. So sad that she never did ask for help.
Good for you taking on more classes. I like the idea of sending recipes out on email. Be nice to get them there so you can print them if you want them. You could set up an account like Sal does for her newsletter and they can sign up for it.
I dont think its cheap, it takes alot to print all those copies. I think your members would really like it.
She used egroups but it looks like it has been taken over by yahoo.
http://*************.com/

Best get to work!
Old 07-16-2001, 05:43 PM   #15  
Net browser

Default ...Hi Everybody

We had a nice time at the lake. Our grandbabies were jumping off the diving tower so there was a lot of yelling, "Baba, Papa, look at me". Of course we looked, clapped and cheered at all the appropriate times.
My friend, who is also on WW cooked some new potatoes. She just boiled and then drained them. She added light sour cream, fresh dill and chopped green onion to the still hot potatoes. Really good. She found the recipe in "Company Coming Cookbook" I think. Karen that might be a recipe that your WW groups might like. Our Leader just writes out recipes on huge sheets of paper for us to copy if we wish. Some of us, with computers, we will print off a few and pass them around and others just copy them. I see nothing wrong in sending your recipes out to a few with e-mail and asking them to print a "few" and bring them to the meetings for members who do not has e-mail. I think it would end up costing you too much in time/paper/ink to print off 100 copies each time you want to pass along a recipe.
I see the "Periodontist" tomorrow morning at 8:00AM so I will let you guys know what he has to say to me, and how much it will cost.
I spent most of the early afternoon ironing. Trudy said she was ironing today too. Do any of you gals still iron........do your DH??????
Time to start dinner. Talk to you all later. Bye now.
Closed Thread