Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Thumbs down Downhill and frustrated!!!

I have always had a weight problem ever since I was younger...in January I weighed myself for the first time in a long time and had hit the highest weight of 250lbs. It was then I decided it was time to make some changes in my life. I got a membership to the gym, and joined TOPS with my mother in-law. I began really watching what i was eating..cut out candy/pops/junk food for the most part and started eating more meats/vegetalbes/fruits. In the first 4 weeks of doing this I dropped 11lbs, it was great to see the number on the scale going down and really gave me some hope.
Recently I have fallen off the wagon, I havent been going to the gym every day during the week like i had, and i havent been watching what Ive been eating very closely. I cant work at this time so im home all day, im new to the city and dont have a car so i dont get out much unless im with my husband. Im just frustrated and finding myself eating more and more lately(out of boredom) and not exercising. I want it soo badly...to lose the weight...to become happier person with myself...but if i want it soo badly why do i keep letting myself fall off the wagon?????
Desperately in need of some encouragement, support, motivation!!!!!!!!
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:34 AM   #2  

Just Because You Want Something Badly Doesn't Mean You Don't Have To Struggle In Getting It After All They Say Anything Worth Haveing Is Worth Fighting For. I Just Joined A Gym Today Start Friday.i Can't Wait But At The Same Time I'm Not Really Looking Forward To It Either.just Take It One Day At A Time That Is All You Can Do.think Small And It Will Help You Keep From Being Overwelmed. I Started By Cutting Back On My Salt A Month Ago Now I Use Very Little And Now I Start Going To The Gym. My Sodas Will Be Next Off The List But One Thing At A Time Is How I Cope And Always Remind Myself That I'm Doing This For Me For My Own Personal Reasons And I Know Just Like I Know You Will Make Through.good Luck I Know What Your Going Through It's A Struggle Everyday And Sometimes The Easy Way Out Seem Like A Better Choose Just Keep Your Eyes On Your Target.
AMMBTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #3  

Hang in there I hit my high as well Dec 26th 04 I joined Curves and weighed in at 258 and that was when I decided to CHANGE my life. I totally changed my eating and what keeps me going everyday is I know IM making a difference for ME. IM going to be 36 and I want to have the next years of my life healthy. Just take baby steps and each day is new. I have my days where I want to drop it all , but for some reason my mind says no. I have NEVER exercised in my life and as of today IM at 226. I have lost 32 lbs and my goal is 170 where I was when I married 13 years ago. Just remember you will feel better look better and even your mind will think better. The boost in your self esteme alone is worth it. Stay stron stay healthy.
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #4  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

i always find it harder to not overeat when i'm home and have nothing to do.

you say you don't have a car and can't go anywhere... can you take walks? maybe just around your neighborhood to start. and then further as you build your stamina. walking is good exercise. and maybe as you feel fitter and healthier you'll want to pull your eating back in line again too. i find that usually works for me.

good luck!

kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #5  

Don't let your mind get into arguments with itself. ie, oh I don't want to go to the gym today, or its too cold out, or I'll start tommorow. Just say I'm going to do this and there are no arguments! Then just do it.
Littlepinksock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #6  

You've done two important things, so be sure to recognize that. You made the decision to start a healthier life. You've also identified one of your triggers for overeating - boredom. The next step is develop strategies for avoiding the trigger and facing the challenge when it does happen. What can you do to keep busy so the boredom doesn't hit? What can you do to distract yourself or satisfy the "eat" urge when it happens? There are as many different strategies as there are people, but if you get to know yourself and put some energy into practical solutions, you'll find the strategies that work for you.

It's not enough to say, "I want to lose weight" -- you can want it all day long. It takes creative problem-solving once you've identified triggers. You've done that, you understand more about why you're using food. Now go to the next level and do some brainstorming about what you can do to use that knowledge to develop strategies and solutions.

It also helped me a great deal to read books about the mental part of weight loss. The bible around here is Thin for Life and it was an important part of my program. I might also recommend the Dr. Phil book for you -- it talks a great deal about practical responses to emotional eating.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote