Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #1  
cando

Default Think I am in the right place.

Hi
I am on my way to losing 100 pounds so I think this is the right place for me. I am a 53 year old grandmother of 4 beautiful granddaughters. My husband and I are raising the 2 oldest at ages 8-10 so I stay pretty busy. With all the snacks in the house it has been hard for me to lose the needed weight so I am looking for some help and a push when I need it. I have been reading posts on this site and everyone is so helpful to others. I hope I can find a place here to lose also. I have been married for 33 years and have 2 grown daughters along with a small zoo in my home. I live in Ohio but we will soon find out if we will be moving back to NC. We moved here 10 years ago and I lost 25 pounds duing the move and house hunting so maybe I can do that again this time.
I look forward to hearing from all of you and losing this weight. Iam still having a problem finding my way around this site so I may be a little slow to answer.
micelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome from a fellow Ohioian. This is a great place for support. Where are you at in Ohio? We are in Newark 30 miles east of Columbus.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #3  

Sounds like you're in the right place to me. I just joined this community a couple of weeks ago, and have already learned tons. I hope you get as much benefit out of this place as I am!

I look forward to seeing from you on the forums.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome Micelady, we are very glad to have you here!

This is a great place for support, advice and friendship from people who really understand what you are facing - we all have alot to lose, but are really encouraged by others successes. Before I came here I didn't even think it was possible to lose 100lb+ - now I've met people who have lost almost twice as much, so I know that anything is possible!

I must commend you for stepping in to raise your eldest grandchildren - not what you expect to be doing in your 50's I bet! I'm sure they will keep you young!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Micelady,

Welcome ~ another (former) Ohioan here. I was born and grew up in a little town between Cleveland and Akron. Where in Ohio are you? It is fun to learn where our fellow chicks are from. You also mentioned that you had lived in NC ~ me too. Small world ~ where in NC?

I'm also a grandma, it's the best!!! My little grandson lives in Houston, Texas. That is real hard. I wanted to be a down the street grandma not a long distance one. I just got to see him last week ~ I treasured every moment of that time together. Took a bunch of pictures (can't wait to get them back). Stored up lots of hugs until our next visit.

Anyway ~ welcome ~ you'll love it here. The people here are the best!!

Take care ~ Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. You've definitely found the right place.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #7  
cando

Hi Gayle

Sounds like we should have met somewhere along the line. I am in Toledo now but we came from Goldsdboro NC 10 years ago. We have also lived at Fort Bragg for a few years. My weekend was not so good but not real bad and I have had a good day today. I will weight tomorrow so I will let you know. Been a long day so I am off.

HUGS
micelady is offline   Reply With Quote