Old 03-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #1  
Jenny

Default Fell Off

I completely fell off my "diet" this weekend. I say "diet" because it's just a lifestyle change. From chinese food to domino's to Wendy's, I messed up big time. How do you all stay focused on the weekend when you have all the free time to EAT EAT EAT. I have no structure on my weekends and when I'm out or at home I want to eat. I also never go to the gym on the weekends either, eeek. I'm scared to weigh in on Wednesday, I'm afraid I'm going to gain everything I've lost BACK.
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Just get back on plan today Jenny. I would also recomend not weighing this week. It would be better to wait until next week.

As for staying on plan for the weekend that is one of the hardest things to get done. I have one treat meal on the weekend and try to keep that around 600 calories extra. That gives me something to look forward to. Then it's just the same old grind of eating what I know is good for me and reminding myself that the end results are going to be so worth it.

But you know what the more I eat healthy the more I find myself craving the good food and finding it easier to stay on plan.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #3  

Facing the same struggle during the week-ends. I find that if I stay out of the house, I tend to eat less. If you’re not going to the gym, try to find activities to keep you busy….

Saturday mornings, I go read WE newspaper at a local café where I can spend a few hours. Taking long walks, see a movie, or just visit friends helps me stay out of my apartment and think less about food.

frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #4  

What helped me on weekends was to MAKE a structure. I have a routine -- Saturday morning is my Jenny Craig appt, followed by grocery store (during which I have a pint of skim milk and a JC breakfast bar). I have yoga class at 11:00, lunch at home after. I will sometimes go out for dinner on Saturday night, that is my (careful, controlled) splurge for the week. Sunday I meet a friend at Starbucks for a non-fat latte and a JC breakfast bar I bring along. Lunch is at home, as is dinner. In between meals I'm usually running around doing errands, shopping, going to a movie, or chores at home. I simply declare movie and mall food off limits so I'm not really tempted there. I always eat an afternoon snack, so if I know or think I'm going to be out and about I have a planned snack along with me, or I'll think ahead about stopping at McDonald's and getting a snack-size fruit/yogurt parfait (the ONLY thing I eat at McDonald's by and large).

Make a routine if you find routines helpful. Free-form time without planning WILL bite you in the butt if you let it.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

ditto on my problem area being weekends. I agree 100% with funniegrrl that when I do make a plan, I stick to it and do well. It's when I have half-hearted attempts to plan it out and don't at least mentally take notes of every thing I plan on eating that I go overboard.

I would try to plan your next weekend and see how it goes. If you go "off-plan" then maybe the following weekend plan you an extra snack or two (healthy of course) to try and keep those binging urges at bay.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:55 PM   #6  
Jenny

Alrighty, I'm going to weight on weighing in until next Wednesday and I'm going to work out 4 times this week and hopefully Saturday as well ( Gotta prepare for Easter dinner this Sunday). I need to be smart about my eating choices and realize that when we went out for Chinese I could have had fresh fruit, veggies and salad. And when we had Domino's I could have ordered a salad or had just one piece of pizza and some fat free cottage cheese. And when I went to Wendy's I could have had just a salad and no Bacon Cheeseburger.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #7  
Born Loser

So how are things going Jenny.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:59 PM   #8  
Jenny

Hey, thanks for asking I'm not too bad! Considering, I got a wisdom tooth pulled today so the only thing I've consumed was a Carnation instant breakfast this morning before the dentist. But other than that I'm making smart choices. I'm really woozy from the loss of blood and not eating - so I won't be going to the gym today which means I can avoid the scale.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:04 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Ah!! The dentist!! Ahhh!! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:31 PM   #10  
Born Loser

Ouch on the tooth. Glad to hear you doing good though. Keep it up you can do this.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smile hi

Hello

Nice to see you all again.
Been popping in on buddy list and then health prob one.
Thought i'd peek in on you all.
Glad to see howie is still going good and inspiring others and you two are still cuddling.
Dawnyal's pic inspire me.
Have a great day.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #12  
Born Loser

Good to see you Carol you ought to come hang out with us more.

Last edited by howie6267; 03-23-2005 at 09:39 PM.