Old 03-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default LCFS week of March 20th

Good Morning,
I'm just going to start the thread with this little post and then write a longer one in my next post. That way, if there is anyone else wanting to write now, it's open. Nikki
Old 03-20-2005, 09:03 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone

Well, this has been a whirlwind the past few days. On Friday, we were going to move everything for Crystal, but things just kept going wrong. The carpet was suppose to be shampoo'd at 7am, and wasn't done until 11, so that set us back farther. The keys didn't work for the doors, the manager is some kind of an idiot and very annoying to deal with. It started to rain when we finally got to move a few things. I can't remember all the other things that went wrong, but it was like a cascade of bad events. We did get the basics there and she was able to stay there that night. That evening, we went to the benefit and drank way too much beer. I saw several old friends and coworkers and that was neat. DH says that the guys where following me around like a pack of dogs. So, he says the next time we have to go some where, I'm staying home I was kind of flattered, but I think that I was getting all that attention, just because I hadn't seen these people in years. They all commented on how good I was looking and that was great to hear. Some times, when your losing weight for a long time, you really have no idea what is happening with your body, unless you look at pictures. I still see myself as big.
Then yesterday, we moved the rest of DD's stuff in her new apartment. I am so glad that is over with. I was kind of hung over, DH was really hung over. It was a long day. She has lots to put away and find places for, but I helped her with several boxes. I really, really hope she likes her new place and doesn't want to move for a long time.
Ali, you said it sometimes gets pretty cold down there in Florida. Boy, you weren't kidding Ok, I know it does some times get below freezing. I think it's all relative and what your use to.
We are having some beautiful weather here lately, except for the 2 days we moved. Yesterday, it was in the 30's and windy, so that was miserable.
But, the flowers are starting to really jump up there. I have some Siberiean Scilla that are blooming and the crocus are about to bloom.
Lynn, don't over do it. But it is good that your getting up and around, that will help you to avoid getting pneumonia. How's your DH doing? That has to be miserable for him. I use to get pnuemonia or bronchitis every year. I finally got the pnuemonia shot and haven't had it since. Your DH might talk to his doctor about getting that after he is well.
Anne, hope your having a well deserved, restful weekend. When does the hospital change hands?
I need to go exercise. I got the Walkblaster and I like it. It gives me a different kind of work out compared to WATP. I have been using the WATP 3 mile and then one of the Walkblaster tapes every day. Except yesterday, I took that day off, in honor of my hangover from the night before.
Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 03-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #3  

Good afternoon,

It turned out to be a beautiful day, temps got to 82 deg. It was cool again this morning. DH & I went out for lunch and we ate overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful.

Nikki, you and DD had a tough day on Friday. Did things go better yesterday? Your DH gave you a great compliment. The northern part of FL has really been cold this winter. A lot of people that we've talked to have said that this winter was an exception down here. It's a different cold than what we experienced up north. It's a damp cold that goes right to your bones.

Lynn, how are you doing today? I hope you're taking it easy. Good luck with your Dr. appt. tomorrow.

Anne, hope you're having a good weekend.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Ali
Old 03-21-2005, 07:01 AM   #4  

Good Morning,

Ali, hope you didn't mind I was joking with you about the weather. When I said it's all relative, I was thinking about this couple that they interviewed up near the Artic Circle last winter. It had got to -50 the day before and the reporter asked them what that felt like. They said, you can't really tell much difference between -20 and -50, but on the day that they were being interviewed, it was 0 and the wind was blowing pretty strong. They said it actually felt colder to them that day than when it was -50, because the wind was forcing the cold into their clothes and they couldn't stay warm. When you said that about the moisture making a person cold down to their bones, it made me think about the summer. It can be 75 degrees and with no humidity, it's beautiful, but if the humidity is high, it's a miserable day. That sure holds true for when it's cooler out too.

Well, Crystal has a lot of stuff put away. Her place is really looking cute. She was so tired last night, she could barely talk and she had to go back to work and start to work an extra hour now to afford gas for her car.
DH and I went to the lake and got in a good walk. It was a nice, crisp day and felt good to get outside.
Better go watch my program and then exercise. Stripe keeps standing on my keyboard, so it's impossible to type anyway. Nikki
Old 03-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  

Good Monday morning,

DH has to work in Ft Myers, which is about a 1 hr. drive south of us, today and tomorrow. He left yesterday afternoon not long after we got back from lunch and shopping. Luckily my ILs are down there, so he has a place to stay for free.

Nikki, Naw, I didn't mind you joking about me and the weather. To me, the worst weather is when it's in the 70's, with no sun, and the humidity is very high. It's so damp that you want to turn the heat on in your house to dry it out, but the humidity is so high you don't dare to. The towel that you use to dry yourself after a shower is still damp the next morning. We had a couple of summers like that in NH. The walk you and your DH had by the lake sounds really nice. How is Crystal doing today?

Hi Lynn, I'm thinking about you!

Hi Anne, hope you have a good week at work.

Have a great day ladies.
Ali
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM   #6  

Hi All It is a winter wonderland here this morning. Took the dog out at 6 and 5 lots away she just lay down and wouldn't walk. The snow is the snow that clumps (snowball making snow) and it was all caught in her hair between the toes. I couldn't get down to help her so stood there while she chewed the snow out of her feet. Nikki sounds like you had fun, sometimes it takes other people's reaction to us to get the people around us to REALLY see us because it is to hard for us to see ourselves ( the low estem thing). I still remember hearing DD and DH discussing her weight and DH said well as long as you stay slimmish like your mother and I was at least 40 pounds over weight at the time so I guess he hadn't seen me for a while I guess I won't be much help in DS's move in May but so be it. I had a bad day yesterday, am glad I am going to the dr.'s today but dread the 2 hours there and 2 back in the car. It is supposed to go up to the high 30's today so after the snow we will be going though a lot of windshield washer!!!!! Well I guess that is it for now will talk to you later.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone!
As you must have guessed work is nuts. We are entering into our fiscal year
end so its a battle to stay on top of things.

I am lucky enough that I managed to get the day off on Thursday. I wanted
Monday as well but said no (what floors me is she took the time
herself)

I am looking forward to Easter because I am all low carbed out. The break
will be most welcome. I will be pulling out my recipe books to see if I can
come up with a few new ideas.

Lynn, our snow is nearly gone. I am now in my shoes going to work. I am
hoping in the next week or so to get rid of the darn winter coat. I feel like
a big cow in in it.

Nikki, the walk sounds nice. Its great to see the seasons finally change isn't
it!!

Hi Aleka, hope all is going well with you. Do you ever get tired of the menu
on Suzannes?

Anne.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday we had such a nice day. It got to around 85 deg. I had the house wide open. It was so humid that we slept with the AC on last night. We're under the gun for some severe T-storms this morning. So got my shower out of the way....just in case. I can do my workout later.

Lynn, poor Mya with the snow in her paws. That used to happen to Lacee too and she'd walk on 3 legs. Do you have much snow left?

Anne, yes, I did get sick of SS meals. Sometimes I just wanted a sandwich or a potato. She was on HSN earlier this week. She's got a new book out, I believe it's called, Slim & Sexy. It's about dieting in the second half of your life, and her bioidentical hormones. She was explaining the book, and she said after more research, she now advises you to have some sort of carb with your meal. Now, I don't know if this advice is just for the people who have been SSizing for years, like herself, and were at a stall. I have pre-ordered her book from Amazon. I will let you know what it says. The book won't be out until around the middle of April.
Hi Nikki

Do you guys have any special plans for Easter? DH & I want to go out to eat, but he may have to work. Neither one of us are sure if the store will be closed or not. He's got to work Sat., and whenever he's worked Sat., he's also worked Sun. We won't find out until next week's schedule comes out. I do know that the majority of stores are closed Easter Sunday. So...we'll see.

Bye for now,
Ali
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #9  

Morning Ladies
Lynn, that must have been a predicament, since you couldn't carry her. Animals are a lot like 3 year olds. DH was off the other day and was able to enjoy Stripe all day long. After a few hours, he said, do you put up with this every day? And I had to say yes. He is like some kind of devil whirlwind. We should call him Stripe T (T for trouble). He's in overdrive all the time.
Anne, yesterday I decided to have the kids over for Easter. I made up this great looking menu, then after several hours of working on it (it had to be just right and I looked all over the internet for good recipes), I remembered that DD #2 and her fiancee were going down to her dad's for Easter. DD #1 has to work that day, and DH could care less. So, I have lots of interesting looking recipes, if you want I could email them to you. None of them are low carb--Ham cooked in a crockpot with a lot of brown sugar, cola and pineapple juice, Cream Corn Casserole, Slow Cooker Sweet Potato casserole, Company Potatoes, Classy Green Bean Casserole and a dessert called Death by Chocolate. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. That is the kind of menu that will make you run back to low carb living So you won't be off plan for very long.
Ali, we might end up going out too for Easter. I can't remember if the stores are open here or not. I know Walmart is and so are all the grocery stores. Hope your DH has the day off. Mine does but only because his days off fall like that this week. He is on a pattern, Mon/Tues off one week, Tues/Wed off the next and so on. That way, he knows what his days off will be a year from now, the problem is, he doesn't get many weekends off like that. But, they can't move his days off around either, so that means a lot.
Better go, talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #10  

Hi All Hope you are all having a good day. Going out for Easter sounds wonderful. I haven't got back into cooking yet so asked my brother to arrange something for my step-father for Easter and we were just going to go to DD's and the 4 of us were going to have dinner. Well nothing is arranged so now everything is up in the air. DD doesn't want to spend Easter with her GF, her boyfriend hates him and when they are in the same room it is very stressful for us all. We are debating just staying here and getting up and leaving at 5:30 Monday morning for my test. Those recipes sound great Nikki, I can hardly wait till we have our first community dinner at the lake and I can cook again. If I get food ready I can't eat it so DH is cooking and I am eating Our snow is almost gone and we have all dirty snow left and need a good rain to clean up the streets. I noticed that there is a turkey breast stuffed and am thinking of buying that for Easter. You cook it from frozen, a couple of veggies cranberry sauce and voila!!! I might even buy a dessert. Hi Anne, you must be ready for a few days off. Well I guess that's it for now, time to lay down Later
Old 03-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #11  

Hi Lynn,
I won't worry about your Stepfather, he'll be ok. You've got to take care of you first, so you can get back on your feet again.
Who would make that frozen turkey breast and all the other things? Let someone else do it, no matter how easy it would be to prepare. It's just not worth getting yourself worn out over. Or, go out to eat, if your up to it. We've done that for Christmas even and it was good. DH liked it even better, because he said it was more relaxing and when it was over, there was no dishes to wash.
Take care, Nikki
Old 03-24-2005, 06:49 AM   #12  

Good morning,

I just typed a longish post, hit submit, the screen blipped, and I lost the da*& thing!

Lynn, I agree with Nikki about your Stepfather and if you're staying home, have someone else prepare the dinner. You have to take care of yourself so you can get better. If you're feeling up to it, go out to dinner. We go out every Thanksgiving and we love it. You don't overeat and the cleanup is a breeze.

Nikki, speaking of Walmart being open Easter Sun., I think it's strange that Walmart is open, but Sam's Club is closed. We discovered that last Easter when DH & I were visiting my ILs down here. We noticed it again New Years Day. The worst thing about DH's job is that his schedule comes out weekly, so he never knows beforehand what days he has off nor what his hrs. are. It's hard for him to make any sort of appts. It would be nice if he had the same days off every week, but he doesn't.

Anne, hope you haven't had a too stressful week so far.

Have a great day everyone.

Ali
Old 03-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #13  

Good Morning,
I'm waiting impatiently for DD to call. We are going to go clean her old apartment. Then, hopefully, she will get her deposit back and get the utilities out of her name too. She said she stopped by yesterday to get her mail and someone had their radio so loud, you could here it all over the complex. I know she's really glad to be out of there. Her new place is really quiet and she appreciates that.
I used the Walkblaster and then a new Core Secret tape this morning. I like the Core Secrets workouts a lot. You use the ball, and light hand weights. These new tapes last for 25 and 45 minutes each. It's a good workout, but nothing over the top.
Well, got to go do some laundry, you guys take care, Nikki
Old 03-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone: Before I forget Happy Birthday tomorrow Anne have a great weekend, our weather will be superb for us so enjoy!!!!!!!!! Ali I HATE when I loose a post, if I could just figure out why it happens, I think it has something to do with the site maybe too many people are posting at once. Maybe that is why they are changing servers Nikki, the core tape you mentioned is that though WW core program? Who puts out the Walkblaster tape? Never heard of that one either. Well we are staying here for Easter and DD and her boyfriend and Cooper are coming to dinner, made by jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjDH. I'm beginning to suspect that he is getting a kick out of planning and doing dinner. Last night I had steak, asparagus and baked potato. We went shopping for everything today and he even asked about munchies. Tonight is chicken green beans and faux potato for me, chicken and rice and peas for DH. He Will never be able to sit back and play dumb again I'm on to him. I had him send out a couple of emails yesterday and he types better than me!!!! This morning I set up his own email account and this afternoon he will be getting his first computer lesson. Why I have been sending emails to all his friends for years I'll never know. Well time for a lay down maybe I will be back later.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #15  

I have no idea about how I managed to get all those JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ's in the middle of a post???????????? So Sorry