Old 03-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight # 62

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I make sure I drink at least a gallon of water a day
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies...

Seems like everyone is doing well.... Sorry I haven't been around too much

I have been sooo busy with all the things going on... I haven't had much time or energy for much more...

I'll try to get a good post in soon. Have a great day ladies
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #3  

Hey, sorry I've been MIA, but I'm still suffering from these headaches. Sorry to complain. I'll try the chiro today before the gym and see if he offers any comfort.

Chris, I'm sorry things are crazy around your house. Darn cat must make you nuts especially that you have new carpet. I'd be going out of my mind. Hope things slow down for you. I go crazy, as you know, with my kids and cleaning this house up too. NEVER ENDS!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!

Deana, there you are! Well, I'm sorry all has been hectic for you. I'm sorry you want to drop out of the challenge. We will miss you. Don't give up girl, you have been doing awesome with you losses and all. You can do this!

Diane, Spryng doesn't post too often she is working full-time now. Once in a while she checks in to say hi. Penny's around, but busy last few weeks as we all are. Don't here from Leigh anymore...trying to think of who else was around. Crystal had her baby and doesn't post on this board anymore. Cindi, is working full time also.

anyway, Patrick is standing next to me having a break down, because he wants the tv. BBL
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone! I'm new - just joined yesterday and posted up in where the intros go. Got a reply and was told about this ongoing daily thread, and figured I'd jump in!

I'm Jenn, mom to Alex (2 1/2, will be 3 in May). Been happily married for 4 years, live in PA, work part-time. You'll only see me early mornings and/or late evenings, except on weekends, when I pop on more frequently.

As for weight loss, see my ticker. I hit my all time high of 258 last Jan. and that was my turning point. I lost 30 lbs. in '04, and 5 so far this year. I'm doing my own thing - portion control, less eating out, little to zero fast food, and trying to consistently drink lots of water and get exercise in.

The exercise is my worst part - I just don't do it most days.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:50 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great day...this will be a busy one for me today, but I'll try to check in and read your posts.
Take care,
Connie
ConnieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:00 AM   #6  

It's so great that we keep seeing more and more new faces here :-)

Hi, Jenn, I live in PA too (south of Pittsburgh).

I woke up with the shakes today so apparently whatever is going around has decided it needs to visit me too. Blah. I'm ignoring it in the hopes that it will give up on me. I have too much to do to bother with being sick today

Anyway, to reintroduce myself to anyone new: My name is Michelle, but since we also have MichelleRae in these threads, I answer to Chelle or MichelleJ to make life less confusing I have a 7 year old daughter named Sage, and I re-married at the end of last year. I'm primarily a SAHM with a little jewelry business on the side.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #7  
Must..... drop.... #####

Hi Jenn!! I'm glad that you made it here
beatnikluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning Peeps!
Busy day here too. I have to run our house payment down to the mortgage company so it will be posted on time and then I have to venture over to my sister's house to babysit the troops: Cole, Conner, Kyle, Savanna, and my 2 kids. That'll be an adventure. Jennifer has to take another field trip for her Death and Dying class at MSU-B. The are working on mock funeral arrangements. They have to pick out the headstones and then go to the library to look up obituaries and write one. What a weird class. They have to view an autopsy too. GLAD ITS NOT ME!!!! All this for a bachelor's degree in health care administration. And this is a required class!

Okay...nice to meet you Jen! I'm Chris...mostly a sahm of 3 girls...Tiana (11), Kayla (5), and Nicole (2 1/2). I'm in Montana along with MichelleRae. We just live a few hundred miles apart...

Hi Mel-I hope you get those headaches figured out. How miserable!

Penny-Glad to see you post. Looks like everyone is super busy anymore.

Well this super busy mom has to bust a move and get off this chair and get the little chicklets to school...ON TIME! That'll be a miracle. We barely get there every day. I got some pokey little people.

~chrsi
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #9  

Hi everyone!
Mel, thanks for the update on everyone. It's sad that so many leave, but exciting to meet new people and learn new things. Sorry you've been having such headaches. Are they migraine type or tension type? Nothing worse than that pain, hope you get some relief soon.

Hi again Penny!

Jenn, welcome aboard. My two boys will be 3 years old at the end of July, it sure has flown by fast! Sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place for eating healthier and drinking that water (one of my big challenges) Keep up the good work. Exercies is tough, but it will really help if you can squeeze it in. Just go for a brisk walk with your little guy twice a week for starters, every little bit helps.

MichelleJ, I adore your daughters name! So what type of jewelry do you make? Hope you end up dodging that bug.

Hi to all you wonderful ladies that I didn't have a chance to get personal with in this post. It's difficult to type with a couple of toddler monkeys pulling at your leg and smashing thier hands on the keyboard, so I best be off. Check in later.

-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #10  
Shake Your Booty!

Hey!! I'm here but only for a second...my inlaws might not make it afterall they are getting bad weather today AND friday, so we'll see...they will call us again tonight.

I am in PA too I'm north of Philly...Ok yall I'll check in later I have some things to do here.. HAGD!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #11  
I will suceed!!!

Good afternoon ladies! Welcome Jenn. I'm Tabitha, sahm of two, Brianna (4) and Jeffery (2). I live in the middle of Texas. That's about all the exciting news about me. Hope to see you back!

Well, I got a lot accomplished with my 15 minute bursts yesterday, and I am keeping it up again today. Hopefully, I can get my apartment in order. Then maybe I can get my children to behave a little better. I am having a lot of trouble with my son. He seems to think that movies and books and toys should be on the floor. And a full toybox insults his sensibilities. LOL, oh well, one day at a time, right? Right!

Penny, I hope things settle down for you soon. I do hope things are okay with you and yours.

Mel, I hope you find the cause of these headaches soon. You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Chelle, I hope the bug skips over you, dear, and you get to feeling better soon.

Chris, sounds like you have your hands full today! I have my friend's kids as well as my own....that's a 2, 3, 4, and 5 year old all under this tiny roof. Quite nervewracking at times.

Chrissy, I hope the weather settles down so that you can have Christmas with your in-laws.

Hi to all you ladies. Roxy, I hope you get your computer up and running again soon!

Jeniqua, if you stop by, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

Well, I have to get some work done now. BBL motivation....ahhh, better, LOL, take care.

Tab
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeJ
Hi everyone!
MichelleJ, I adore your daughters name! So what type of jewelry do you make? Hope you end up dodging that bug.
-Di
Thanks for the comment on my daughter's name. It came to me in a dream while I was pregnant and didn't even know if I was having a boy or a girl. I woke up and told my husband at the time I thought of a name (this was after months of not being able to agree on one), and fortunately, we had a girl so I could use it

I make beaded jewelry with glass, Swarovski crystals, and semi-precious gemstones. My husband designed my website which is www.trinitylondon.com

I swear I feel like a commercial when I say something like that

Unfortunately, the bug definitely got me today. I slept from 10:00 until 2:00 wearing sweats, socks, and two blankets. I can't get warm, and the thought of food makes me ill. All I want to do is go back to sleep now, but I can't sleep.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #13  
Must..... drop.... #####

I make jewelry too, Michelle my website is www.2beadingbroads.com You've got some GORGEOUS items on your site!!
beatnikluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #14  

Shanna, those are lovely. I think the mother's bracelet idea is great. I hadn't seen anything like those before.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

All these jewelry makers...Oh I feel so untalented or creative...

The day is almost over. I have to go to Wally world and get my meds and my dh's meds and then I can crash.

Hope you all had a wonderful day. I got to spend time with all those nieces and nephews and I just have to say, I have no idea how Roxy takes care of all her kids. My nerves are shot.

Okay...gotta go. Talk to you all in a while

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote