Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #1  

Talking hi im new here and i need a buddy please

hi im a 28 yo mother of three my youngest is two and a half my oldest is ten i am trying to loose the baby weight ( i have found in life baby fat only looks good on the baby) i used to weigh around 110 or so and since im only 4'11 thats a good weight for me then i had two more kids and thats when the weight began so if anyone out there would like to be my buddy id love to hear from you
Old 03-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #2  
Movin' right along...

I have yet to find a buddy!! I've been sort of dieting for about a month now. Last Sunday I started counting my calories. I try to eat between 1200-1400. So far, I've had one day where I got up to 1600. Then, I started yesterday counting the fat grams. I'm trying to keep that between 22 and 33. Anyway, tell me about yourself. How much do you want to lose? Do you have a plan in mind?

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Deanne and other newbies!

Hi Deanne!

How is the calorie counting going? I have seen your posting on some other threads--as I have been posting a few myself and trying to get connected with some diet buddies for long term success!

Like you, I am trying to eat about 5 or 6 mini-meals a day. Although, I am not really counting calories--I am simply choosing heathy meals. I have dieted many times in the past (Weight Watchers was my most successful attempt--lost 35 pounds). So I have a good idea about what I need to eat through out the day. I keep the calories low, the fiber high and the protein lean. I think those are the combos to shoot for. Plus, I am allowing myself a special treat of my choice one day a week (on Saturdays). That is my way to allow for moderation in my diet. Gotta have moderation!

I went to an Aqua Aerobics class last night for the first time! Wow, that was different and actually fun! Imagine working out being fun! I never thought it possible! I usually do things like the treadmill, or walk my dogs. I am trying to do at least one activity a day--and gradually increase my activity level. It's a work in progress! Are you doing any exercise of any kind?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:34 AM   #4  
Movin' right along...

Hey girl! The calorie counting is going pretty well. Yesterday I didnt get up to 1200 though. I was just too tired to eat a banana to make up for it. I've decided to allow myself one meal each week(Pref. on Mondays) that I don't count into my calories or fat. I want to do this to keep myself from binging later on. My scale is in Kilos(Im in the Middle East, its all they have) and today, I finally got below the 75 mark. I know this isnt a big deal but its been taunting me
Anyway, what do you do for motivation? What sort of snacks do you eat? How is everything so far?

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

Default Hey Deanne!

Glad to see you posting! Great job getting below the 75 mark (in kilos!). Good for you!

I know all about kilos. I lived in Italy for 2 years, and my husband is actually from Italy--so I am familiar with kilos. How long have you lived in the middle east? That must be very interesting with everything that is going on in the world right now. How do you like living there?

I think allowing yourself an "uncounted" meal on Mondays is a good idea. That is the same type of thing I am doing with Saturdays. I have to have a plan to keep me going--but I can't completely limit all the fun stuff. However, I have found that there are great alternatives that are healthy and taste good. Today I had a fruit smoothie--and that was quite a treat, made with strawberries, blueberries and bananas. The type of things I have been eating for snacks is fruits, low-fat peanut butter on wheat toast, boiled eggs, yogurt, baked tostitas with salsa, to name a few of the things I like for snacks. I find eating every few hours really helps keep me from being super hungry--and that is a good thing. In the past feeling too hungry caused me to do something I would regret. So planning to eat more often has really helped A LOT! What kind of things to do you eat in your day?

Tonight I am going go to my aqua aerobics class again. I am actually excited to go...crazy at it may seem to me! I have never been super excited about exercise--but at the same time think that if I got into a routine I would enjoy it. I have to admit, I feel really good about myself after I go. And I tend to get more energy and sleep better being active. So its a good thing to just get up and move more! How about you, are you doing any exercises?

It sounds like you are well on your way to your goal. You asked what motivates me--I would have to say it helps to talk to others who share a similar goal--like yourself. It also inpsires me to know that I need to set the example for my kids. They are well aware how hard it has been for me to lose weight--but I don't want them to see me being the fat mommy who eats the wrong food choices any longer. I talk to them all the time about about eating right and getting healthy. So I am trying to get us all going in that direction for the long term. Fortunately my girls are pretty active and like to keep busy. So that keeps me hopping!

How about you? What types of activities do you do? Keep on posting! Looking forward to chatting more!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:34 PM   #6  
Movin' right along...

How is the aqua aerobics? That sounds like alot of fun! I would love to try something like that. I'm going to start asking around the clubs here if they have that.
I love living here. I lived in Bahrain about 6 years ago and loved it there too. My husband lived in Turkey when he was younger and then lived in Bahrain after I did. When we started dating, we decided that one day we wanted to move back over here. So, he found a job here. June 4th we were married, June 5th he moved here. Then, August 1st, I came over here.
Being over here as made it so hard to lose weight. They hardly ever have nutrition facts on the foods here. I have found a store that imports from Europe and the States though. It's great.
I eat things like any kind of fruit, ranch munchems, wheatables, fat free cheese, salsa, serbert, canned fruit(i was the syrup off). Oh and that store has Quaker rice cakes that are sooo awesome. There are some that are 35 calories and some that are 50 calories.
Well, its 7:30am here...late at night your time. So, by the time you get this, it'll probably be afternoon my time. Hows your day so far??

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #7  
One day at a time!

Hi Deanne!

My day is going good so far. I had another fruit smoothie today. I found a place down the street from where I work called Tropical Smoothies that makes fresh fruit smoothies with splenda. I love them! It's a good thing to find something yummy and nutritious. Today I had a strawberry, orange, banana blend. Delicious! Tonight my husband is cooking some grilled fish for dinner (Talapia). When I have a plan, I do much better. And so far so good!

Last night I had a little mishap with my bathing suit. I was getting ready to go in the pool--changing my clothes. Well my left strap on my bathing suit broke--guess its time for a new suit. Darn it! So I ran around trying to find a temporary fix to see if anyone had a safety pin. No such luck! So instead I did the treadmill and rowing machine. So it wasn't a total loss by any means--but I am getting into the water aerobics. Oh well, it will have to wait till next week now, since the class is on Mondays and Wednesday nights.

It would be really hard to eat without nutrition labels--like you were describing where you are. But from what I understand about food now, it is better to eat whole type of foods more often (like fruit, veggies and lean meats) and less of the man-made processed foods. Although, I do like my share of processed foods--but I have been trying to limit them as well. So no more hostess cupcake treats everyday! Not that I really did that every day anyway! I do like those munchems you mentioned...they are addictive. And the quaker rice cakes are pretty tasty too.

What kind of meals do you have for dinner? I need to find some good recipes that my whole family would enjoy. I do like to do things like chicken tacos and green peppers and chicken in tomato sauce served with either a side salad or brown rice. I am always looking for new ideas. I think being creative in the kitchen does help, especially when you discover something tasty and seems like a special treat. Have you looked at any of the recipes on this website? I had tried a couple in the past that I liked--I think I will have to go exploring that again.

So how is your day going? What is the weather like? We are excpecting snow tonight! Brrr....ready for summer.

Chat with you more later!

PS...I just realized we are both Virgos, my b-day is September 1st. Cool beans!

Last edited by krngallo; 03-10-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

Hey Deanne!

How are you doing? I did good this week and lost 6.5 pounds. Woohoo!

I am getting ready to go shopping and stock up on some healthy favorites for the week. Just wanted to check in and say hi! Keep on posting!

Old 03-14-2005, 12:42 AM   #9  

Hey there, I'm new here too and would like a buddy. I'm having a hard time just getting the motivation back. I dropped 45lbs in 2003 and 20 have found their way back!!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:22 AM   #10  
Movin' right along...

Hey Karen! Sorry I couldn't find the thread to write back to you. Things are going just ok I guess. The other day I forgot to take my zoloft before I went to bed. I'm bipolar and I think it triggered a depressed phase. I ended up eating KFC...TWICE! I completely fell off the wagon. So, today I woke up and the first thing I did was drink a SlimFast and ate an apple. Hopefully, that will set the tone for the rest of the day.
My husband is having some problems at work. So, I've been trying to concentrate on him and seem to be forgetting about myself. I need to find a way to balance it. I think I'll suggest going to walk at the beach today. That'll be good for both of us.
CONGRATS on the weightloss!! Thats so great! Over 6lbs. I am very impressed! Did you do anything different than usual?
Meals for dinner...hmmm...Lean Cuisine I really dont like to cook too much. When I do, I cook things like brown rice, curries, chicken. I find its easier if I have the calorie content right in front of my face like the Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice meals.
Hows everything with you?
We're both Virgos....very nice! I hope to lose all the weight by my birthday.

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-14-2005, 04:23 AM   #11  
Movin' right along...

By the way...hi bubblymom, welcome to the boards! What sort of plan are you on??

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-14-2005, 01:43 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

Wink

Hi Deanne and Bubblymom!

Deanne--sounds like you hit a little bump--but don't beat yourself up over it. I know how it feels, been there done that with KFC in hand! Sometimes I think the food monster wants to pull me back, especially when I feel super stressed or are just plain depressed. It is surely an every day battle. Just dust yourself off and jump back in the swing of things. Imagine how great you will feel by your b-day. I drink slim-fast in the morning too! It's just more convenient. Sometimes at lunch I do things like Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice--but at dinner I usually prepare something or pick up something like Subway subs if I am in a big hurry. Actually I know all the healthy choices on every fast food menu--I just have to know the way my life is. I know I will never stop going to fast food, so I have to learn how to deal with it. And there are choices at all of them, even KFC! I usually get the honey bbq sandwich from KFC, that is worth 6 WW points. Not that I am on WW religiously, but I know that is not too bad. You asked if I did anything different this week to lose 6 pounds--well I was eating healthy all week, and truthfully it is my first week in a long while to really be conscientious about it. I had some serious bad habits before--between junk food and soda. So just eating healthy and drinking tons of water really made all the difference. Now I just need to stick with it another week, and then another week, and then another! Before you know it will be a few months and maybe I will be down a few sizes!

Hey bubblymom--are you still out there? Feel free to jump in and tell us what your plan is--are you following anything specific, exercising, etc? Stick around, the more the merrier!

Yesterday I made a batch of white chili (w/ ground turkey and northern and garbanzo beans) to last for a couple days of lunches and quick dinners. I love it! Plus it is handy to eat leftovers.

Tonight I go back to the YMCA with my aqua aerobics class. I got a new swimsuit with a cute butterfly print so I am ready to go. No more strap mishaps like last week. So I am visualizing that I am going through a butterfly metamorphosis...soon I will be a beautiful butterfly! Ha ha! Actually I had thoughts of getting a tiny butterfly tattoo after I reach my goal weight, kind of to represent the transition. It is just a thought at this point, but it could be a reality!

Speaking of husbands, this week my husband decided to quit smoking--which should make for an interesting week. I might have to watch out for some severe signs of grouchiness on his part!

Here is to a successful week! We can do it!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...its after 10pm here and passed my bedtime. My husband rented all the Sex and the City dvds for me so Im still up watching them. Anyway, today has been a little bit better for me. I had a slimfast and an apple for lunch and then a salad for lunch. Then, tonight I ate a veggie lasagne. Hopefully tomorrow will be alot better for me.
How was the water aerobics? I like the tattoo idea. You should do that. I like what it represents. Let me know how everything is.

LOve,
Deanne
Old 03-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #14  
One day at a time!

Hi Deanne,

How did your day go? I did pretty good yesterday. My husband surprised me with some grilled chicken on a new indoor grill panel that I bought for him recently. I knew he couldn't keep from cooking on that for long. He loves to mess with grills and stuff like that. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise--and it was delicious. Then I was off to the pool. I swam for nearly two hours! Time escapes me when I am swimming. Granted I am not an olympic swimmer--but I moved the entire time! Wow! That is a big accomplishment for me. It really makes me tired afterward--and I sleep good.

Last night on my way home from the pool I tried a new drink by Lipton tea. It is diet cirtrus green tea. I was surprised at how good it was--really good. I hope they start making lots of it so I can find it in the regular stores. I got it at the gas station, and haven't seen it other places before.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM   #15  
Movin' right along...

Hey chick...
Things are going ok for me today. I've been really tired for really no reason today. Its after 7pm here so its almost bed time. Thank goodness. I had a pretty good day. No exercise though. I have been going on the Weight Watchers website recently to see if thats something that I might want to do. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to subscribe to the WW online.
That grilled chicken sounds great! I wish we had a grill. Nic likes to do that stuff too. Its already summer here so it might be nice to get one for the nice days. Our compound has a pool so it'd be nice to put one out there.
Ok, Nic and I are about to eat dinner.
How is your day so far?? What time is it where you are?

Love,
Deanne
Closed Thread