Old 03-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  
Shake Your Booty!

Default Moms Loosing Weight #61

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I make sure I drink at least a gallon of water a day.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #2  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning! Hope everyone slept well and has a great day today! I don't have much to do today, just some basic cleaning and playing with my little one. It's going to be 42 today, but the sun is shining, so I just might get out there and go for a walk with her again today. Fresh air is good for both of us, plus I get some extra exercise in. OMG do I have a story for yall, now if your squemish don't read anymore LOL!

Now yall know I take fiber pills 3 times a day, I love them they make me nice and full, so far so good...now ya think taking all that fiber I would have no problems in the bathroom right? WRONG! So yesterday I said OK I need to go get something to *help* me out here, so I bought a bottle of Ex-Lax (don't laugh yet) Milk of Magnisia...I get home and I read the directions blah blah blah...well as I'm looking at the bottle I notice it expired 1/05...so I'm thinking OK I only paid $2.99 for this, then had a $1 coupon so for $1.99 I can live with it...so like I said I read the directions..it said for Laxative use, Adults take 2-4 Tblsp...OK So the lightbulb goes off...I say to myself *OK self...its expired so take the full does so it works* so I did,, mmmmm doesn't taste to bad...1 hour later, Cara's school called and I'm on the phone with her teacher and all of a sudden my stomach starts making noises, I feel like if I don't sit down with my legs crossed we'll have a problem. I get off the phone, grab the baby and make a mad dash up the stairs, get the gate up so she don't fall down the steps and then I get into the bathroom...THIS is when I could have auditioned for Dumb & Dumber Pt 2! OMG I was in the bathroom and I'm LMAO you should have heard my stomach!! Well now on to the moral of my story, just cuz your exlax is expired by 2 months, you DONT need to take the full dose for it to work! LOL I hope I didn't gross yall out LOL!

Karen~I think its great your hubby only had 7, today he'll do better! YAY for him! And with you eating better, then he will also and that will save him from gaining weight from quiting smoking

Chris~OMG I remember the days of staying OUT & up till 4 am then getting up at 7 for work! Yikes I have a hard time if I stay up past 11 now! LOL I hope you are feeling better today!

Penny~Where are you? I hope all is well! Check in when you can

Melissa~You sure had a busy day! You did good with your pizza I love love love Italian food, and I *used* to cook it all the time, I had to stop when I started changing my eating habbits, or I never would lose weight.

Debi~ Welcome!! Tell us some more about yourself We look forward to getting to know you.

Michelle~Did you enjoy your day off yesterday? I hope today is a good day for you too!!

Catch up with yall again in a bit
Old 03-15-2005, 08:44 AM   #3  
I will suceed!!!

Was going to post funny image here, but couldn't get it to work....oh well...

OMG! Chrissy, you poor thing!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

bbl to post....
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Whose birthday is it?
Old 03-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #5  

Chrissy- you poor thing. That is like something out of a bad movie

Nothing too exciting going on here today. I've been doing pretty well with exercising at least 5 days of the week, even if it's only 30 minutes of yoga.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Oh Chrissy!!!! You poor dear!! that is so funny though I hope you are feeling better today lol

Tab, whose birthday is it? Or are we having an unbirthday party? lol

Chelle, way to go on the exercise You'll make some great progress!

Well girls with all my medical problems and such I really want to be on the Extreme Makeover show so I'm going to work on my application today, I also need to do a video tape It is something I would love to do but we'll see.

Well I'm off to get the day started!
Hope you all have a great day!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

So Michelle, Is it the Extreme Makeover Home Edition or the other one? I'd love to have my whole house redone. That would be the ultimate.

Chrissy-Thanks for the Ex-Lax tip.... Learn something new everyday huh?

Chelle-You're day sounds like mine. I don't even get the option of going anywhere. Darn it. I got a sick little one home from school. She's upstairs vegging out on my bed and watching cartoons. I hope she doesn't "frow" on my bed (that's how Nicole says throw up...Did you "frow"?... )

YA Tab...who's birthday are we celebrating?

Hi Melissa! Where are you this a.m.? Sleeping in? I did....

Hi Karen, Debi and our one other Newbie (sorry I forgot what your name is)...I get it all straight sooner or later. I'm a little slow in the a.m.

Well I feel a bit better today. My back is still killing me and my stomach is still not quite normal but I think the sleep helped. I'm thinking I have a touch of something and then my back is hurting from laying in awkward positions at night trying to keep from falling off the bed because Nicole has crept back in cause she's "a -sceered" of her bedroom.

OH brother...she licked the cat now and is throwing a fit because she has cat hair on her tongue. KID FOR SALE !!!!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

Hi all,

Starting the new day--and so far so good!

Last night on my way home from the pool I tried a new drink by Lipton tea. It is diet cirtrus green tea. I was surprised at how good it was--really good. I hope they start making lots of it so I can find it in the regular stores. I got it at the gas station, and haven't seen it other places before. Has anyone seen this drink? If you do, try it!

ChrissyL--What kind of fiber pills do you take? I take something called Spirulina. It is supposed to be good for your immune system, cholesterol and boosting energy in a healthy way (no ephedra or caffeine in them). I read a study about them that was conducted by a medical journal--and it all said good stuff, so I thought I would try them out. You are right about it being good timing for me to be eating healthy--and helping my husband to not balloon up after quitting. Although he is pretty trim naturally with a lot of muscle tone that helps his metabolism stay higher. But even he has a litte pooch belly compare to when we first met. Oh poor baby! Anyway, he is the type who looks like he works out--but doesn't! Shoot him right!

I hope everyone has a great day! I have to run and get some stuff done! Always, always, always!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:10 PM   #9  

please excuse any typos, I'm nursing the baby while i type. lol I am debi sahm to four great kids, alex is 7, maddy will be 6 in a few days, sam is 27 months, and violet just turned 3 months on Friday. We homeschool, so my kids are here all day long. I love to knit, and am trying to get licensed to knit someone's patterns so I can work from home. We cloth diaper, and do lots of natural things, but I'm working really hard on trying to get our eating to be more natural, home cooked healthy stuff.
Ummm...I love to read, but am too busy the last few years to do much more than read a few mags now and then.
I was a softball player for 8 years as a kid/teen, and was VERY muscular, but always thought i was fat( you know I wasn't in a size 3)in high school...I weighed 140!!! I am now just under 300 pounds...how i got this way was through lots of emotional eating and very little exercise. I've been pregnant 5 times in the last 8 years so i just kind of let myself go...and haven't done anything for me in a very long time. I weighed 330 a week after violet was born and that was it for me. I joined curves a week ago, I worked out 5 times last week, and lost just over 5 pounds!! That was without changing any eating habits(besides drinking more water). I am thrilled.
anyway...that all i can think of. oh, married 8 years to my hubby travis, and we are moving at the end of the month, but haven't exactly found a place yet. lol
debi
mamamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #10  

I am so happy! After I posted this morning, I weighed myself, and I am down 15 pounds in the month since I started dieting I changed my avatar, and since I passed my St. Patrick's Day goal by 2 pounds, I set a new March goal for myself. Who would have believed that a scale would ever bring me any happiness?

Oh, we had another new member post in yesterday's thread so I directed her to this one.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #11  

Hey I think I found the right board LOL. I think I posted on the other one? #60?

I'll repost: Ok, I'm an at home mom of 3 (2 of which are on vacation from school right now) and I'm going bonkers.

I am a sugarbusters member, but lately the sweettalk board is getting inundated with trolls so I'm looking for a safer, highly monitored board.

I am so glad to be here!

Connie

ConnieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #12  
I will suceed!!!

Alright, I was half asleep this morning when I was reading Chrissy's post. And I misread this sentence:

Quote:
It's going to be 42 today...
I do apologize, er....very embarrassed, I could have sworn It's was I'm...don't ask. I haven't been sleeping well lately. LOL

Michelle, I would love to be on Extreme Makeover, simply to see if they would help me with the extensive dental work that I desperately need done. Ugh, I even wrote Oprah for help.

Chelle, congratulations on making your goal! I don't think I am going to reach my St. Patricks day goal, honestly, 15 pounds in 4 days? Nope. I am going to extend it til the end of the month, and get my butt in gear.

Connie, welcome! Yeah, trolls are a nasty part of message board life. And it's sad that they don't even respect a board where people are trying to better themselves. I can say, that in the, who long has it been, six months or so, that I have been at 3fc, I have never seen any type of troll activity. The ladies that run and moderate this board do a terrific job there. And this little group is great. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Well, I went back to bed, after I wrongly wished Chrissy a happy birthday, again, dying of embarrassment....oh well. Chrissy, I apologize for making you older than you are! I didn't wake up until noon. My h just let me sleep, thankfully. Usually he wakes me up. But now, I am so far behind, that it's going to take me all day to catch up. Plus I need to exercise. LOL, I have to start getting sleep at night. I either wake up early and I am grouchy or on the rare occassion, sleep late like I did today. Not good. Plus, not resting isn't good for my weightloss efforts. So I have to do something to change this. I am up a couple of pounds, thanks to TOM, and feeling very sluggish. Oh well, I'll bbl. Take care, gals.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Debi-You are a serious multitasker.... I find it hard to hold a child while typing. Good job.

Karen-I haven't seen the Lipton tea you're talking about. I'll have to look a bit harder. I'm just a water drinker mainly. I have found some Crystal Light drink mixes that I like.

Connie-Welcome aboard! I'm Chris, a primarily stay at home mom of 3 girls. Hey maybe you could give me some pointers. My mom is trying to teach me to knit...when I say trying...I mean trying. Not one of my better attributes I guess. I do love to sew and read books too. I find it hard to read also, so I take bathes at night to escape the family and get some me time in. I was a skinny minnie in high school too. I weighed a whopping 119 then. When I found this website, I was at an all time high of 223. Now I'm down to 194. I'm going to work my way down to 155 if it kills me. I gained most of my weight with being a mom. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. Woo HOo!

Tabitha-Your mistake is forgiven. I was wondering what you were talking about. Is the brain cells working now. Just kidding.

Well I gotta go and get some lunch for the little ones.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:21 PM   #14  

Hey ladies!
I used to post w/ the stay at home moms many, many months ago. I've since fallen off the bandwagon and was wondering if I could re-join with you all and get help staying motivated?

I have twin boys, Logan and Ethan, they are 2 1/2 years old. I teach yoga two nights a week in my home town here in Cali.

Right now I'm doing w.watchers and using a bowflex on the days I don't teach yoga. I'm having a difficult time not eating outside my points range and drinking enough water. I enjoy working out and have just started with 3 times a week. The boys just started pre-school on Tues/Thurs for half days, and unfortunately they have been bringing home every bug, cold and flu imaginable and giving it to me in the process, so it's been difficult to say the least. I enrolled them in pre-school to give them some time away from me and vise versa, so I could get some stuff done around the house. So far it's been more work than help since they've been sick so much and I still have to pay for attendance. I'm sure it will get better soon though.

I'll try and read though some of the past posts this week to get to know everyone better that I haven't met yet.

chat with you all soon,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Diane!!!!!! OMG WELCOME BACK!!!! We've missed you soooo much!! Its great to have you back. Last time you posted I know you were getting Ethen (I think) checked for down syndrome right? How did it all turn out! It's so nice to have you back!!

Conni, welcome to our board!! We have two moderators that post here, myself and mompen, so you needn't worry about trolls here It's great to have you here!

Okay gotta do an assignment then I'll be back to post
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote