Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/14 - 3/20

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...037#post798037

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-14-2005, 07:52 AM   #2  

Good Morning! Its time for challenges!

1. Get your three days of exercise, and post it.

2. Try a new recipe and post the results.

3. Identify one trigger that causes you to overeat. Plan a way to deal with it next time it happens. Share if you feel like it what you have planned.
Let's make this a great week! We CAN do it!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

Morning Monet.... Thanks for starting the board. May have to take you up on that challange.

Already had breakfast of 2 eggs, peanut butter toast. I'm trying to get ahead of everything this morning but am feeling sleepy again. Its so cold in this room I'm going to have to go for the fire. Gee wonder if I should go back to sleep or do a load of laundry. Hmmmm wonder which one will win. Hope you all had a good week end. Will pop back in later....
Old 03-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #4  
Little Engine That Could

Well, GatorGal is still grinning about the Gators' wonderful win over the Ky. Wildcats to take home the SEC basketball tournament trophy. Great day! Great win! Hope we can do as well at the big dance.

I started the week right, with a 2 mile walk. I have laid off last week because I was hanging around with my DH. He is feeling a lot better now. He actually is going in to his office this afternoon.

For breakfast: shredded wheat n' bran with 1/2 nectarine, sk. milk.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning Ladies.

I'm glad the weekend is over, but I sure did not want to get up this morning. I had nightmares all night. I seem to dream much more vividly lately and remember it so well. Don't know what's up with that.

Eating was pretty good all weekend, except one meal of fried chicken, but everything else was legal.

Marie, it is so great to hear from you. Monet did a good job getting your back here. Sounds like you are doing great with your wt. Hope you can get back here more often.

Gator, Enough is enough. You can quit rubbing it in now. Congrats to your gators on their huge win yesterday. They deserved it, we didn't. I think you all will do great in the big dance. Unlike UK, I only think they will win 1 game. Glad your DH is feeling better.

Cindy, we got about an inch last night but it was only on the grass. That's the kind I like.

Susan, We watch All My Children. I have watched it for 33 years. Glad your funk is lifting. I thought about you yesterday, b/c I sure was in one. Spring is Sunday I think.

Monet, did you survive the weekend? I I thought about you alot this weekend while we were watching the SEC championships in the GA dome.

Toni, send that warm weather my way. I thought we ususally got your weather a day later, it is not warm here.

Bob, congrats on the new addition to the family. I know you are loving it. Glad you had a nice visit.

Tech, I love black jelly beans. I would kill for one, but afraid if I buy them I would eat the whole bag.

Julia, glad to see your post and so glad you are feeling better. Hopeyou can get on here more now.

Got to get busy here. Have a great OP day.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #6  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

It's rainy here this morning. I was going to begin the day with a walk, but sat under my lamp and read for a half hour instead. Maybe I can get out later this afternoon when it clears off a little.

Jackie--Another AMC fan! I had nightmares last night too--was there something up with the universe????? Spring is Sunday--think we can make it?

Gator--Congrats on the Gators win (sorry Jackie)! I will be filling out my brackets tonight. . . will probably spend a couple of hours tonight researching RPI's and whatnot. . .

Monet--thanks for starting the board! Did y'all get the storms last night? We had thunder so loud that I almost fell out of bed!

BOB--Congrats on the new baby!!!! Auntie BOB will be back in full baby prep swing!

Breakfast this morning was 1 green bananna, 2 soft boiled eggs and slices of WW bread.

I bought some Lean Cuisine low carb meals this weekend to have for lunch or dinner when I don't have anything else. I normally don't care for these, but decided to have them on hand so I don't have an excuse to hit a fast food joint!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 03-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

MONET: Thanks for the insight on Vitamin C! I bought a bottle this weekend, each pill is 500...mg's?...and I'm taking one with a Centrum in the morning with breakfast and then one more with dinner...to start with...and will add one more with lunch once my body gets used to it. I read in the link you provided that they don't reccomend upping the vitamins all at once and I think that's smart to gradually get to a larger level with anything you take. Anyhow..what sparked me to try it (we really are frighteningly alike, Monet!!) is I also have restless leg syndrome. My dh does, too. It drives me through the roof that after I get the dishes washed, the kids to bed and I can sit on the couch and enjoy some quiet time watching unanimated things with dh, we both sit there moving and squiggling with our legs going berserk and the only thing that helps it is going to bed. So, I thought that the vitamin C would help me with the leg thing, too...not to mention the weight loss...check out my ticker! Down a pound after having a double cheeseburger with DH saturday! No to mention, also, the fact that the kids always seem to get sick this time of year and the added v-C can't hurt there, either. I'll let you know how the results are for me!!

And I forgot who was asking about the cure for the winter blues...another thing I used to do, once upon a time when I was younger, is going tanning. I know, the jury will be out for the next hundred years of the safety of tanning beds, but the UV rays are known to help because one of the reasons people get depressed this time of year is lack of UV rays...on over abundance is bad for us, but so is a deficiency. So, if you're up to it, get a package at your local tanning salon for six or so sessions...if you want to...just a suggestion. I do believe that UV therapy is a bonafide treatment for depression with some therapists. Can't hurt to try.

JACK: I have a lot of nightmares lately, too. Don't know why, either. The kind that I wake up making a lot of noise...one night involved ghosts..in fact I've had two ghost dreams lately that have woken me up. Really annoying and then I can't get back to sleep. I think it's the after-9-pm commercials on FX or Spike or Comedy Channel that is the staple of my dh's evening viewing. They have all the scary movies advertised then, which is why I read a lot while dh is watching TV...It takes my eyes away from the scary commercials. I really, really can't watch them...they can be so disturbing to me. I'm just a sensitive creature is all, I guess...

Gator...glad your dh is feeling better and you're back out walking again...

Toni...put the wash in the washer on soak cycle adn then take a nap while its washing...do both at once...I say...

Anyhow...I had for BF a half a grapefruit, two sausage links, and a slice of sourdough toast with PB and I'm on about my fifth cup of coffee with Splenda and Half and half.

Well, have to run...talk to you guys later on!!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi Fillese.... We were posting at the same time. I hope we can figure out what's giving us all nightmares. I hate them...

Kris
Old 03-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #9  

Just a fly by. I am cooking dinner for leadership meeting at church tonight...40 folks. I am fixing beef roasts in the crockpot...I borrowed two so I had three! We will also have gravy and mashed potatoes, and green beans. I will NOT be eating the mashed potatoes. At least that is my intention.

I have brownies in the oven and I am planning on making a carrot cake as well.

Laura's car died last night...and Tom would like for me to run over with her and check it and see if we can get it started. I just don't have time! I am going to have to drive her to work early so I can make it up to the church with enough time to do the cooking. James went back to work today, totally recovered after the steroid shot in the bum on Friday!

BOB: Wonderful news, Auntie Bob! Don't spoil this baby TOO much, ok?

TECH: It is frightening how much alike we are! I would be really suspicious if I did not know you were so much younger than me.

to everyone else! I will do more replies later..I just have so much to do I need to get off here!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just sneaking a peak to see what's going on.

My bf today was Special K LC with strawberries and skim milk.
Lunch was a small salad with ham and cheese and mushrooms. Oil/vinegar dressing.
Snack was 6 cashews and after lunch 1 pc of SF candy.
Dinner will be pork chops, saurkraut, and some other veggies.

Susan are there many Lean Cuisine dinners that are legal? I can wait until Sunday as long as it brings some warm weather with it.

Tech, I have RLS too. I don't think vit C helps it. I know BOB takes some Parkinson drug for it too.

Monet, you amaze me, dinner for 40. I would be out of my mind. You better stay out of the mashed potatoes and the cakes and brownies.

Have a great day. DH has to work late so I am going to run home and get my exercise in before dinner.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #11  

Hi everyone. Wow another Monday gone by. Time just seems to fly the older you get.
I take vit c but reading all this info I think Im gonna hike it up a bit.

Jack-k- sorry to hear about the nightmares. I got through periods like that with having strange dreams and they are so real. Hope they pass for you soon.

Monet- you sure stay busy !! You make me tired. lol

btw I weighed this morning , duh, and I was up 2 pounds !! Im hoping it was the extra sodium I ate this weekend.
Mondays menu:
b- 1 cup kashi cereal, 1 slice wwlc toast, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
s- 4 celery stalks, 2 tbl pbutter
l- turkey sandwich on lc ww bread, 5 radishes
s- orange
s-1/2 oz almonds
d- 4 oz broiled london broil, romaine/spinach salad with red peppers, diced brocilli and carb options blue cheese
Old 03-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD GLOOMY MONDAY EVENING ALL YOU BUSTER BUDDYS!!!!

I think I'm losing it!.....I was about to ask y'all what in the **** you were talking about "a new baby" ....then....I remembered that i told y'all that Tracy is pregnant again! Maybe I better up my PAXIL dosage....THINK?????

JACKIE....LOST THE TOURNY?????? THEY FIRED OUR COACH!!!

GATOR...CONGRATS!!!! Glad to hear that DH is feeling better...he'll be up and running around the house before you know it!

CINDY...does that salad dressing have an after taste? I've looked at it when I'm shopping, love blue cheese, but don't want a watery dressing or one with the after taste. Let me know!

MONET...GIRL.....S>>>>L>>>>O>>>>W>>>>>>D>>>>O>>>>W >>>>N>>>>>
Was that slow enough for you to understand????? You have so many irons in the fire!

TECH....I went to a taning bed once....notice I said once.....I had NEVER been to one, knew nothing about them.....they left me in there for 25 minutes! I BURNED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE .....AND POSSIBLE TOO!!!! Believe me, you've not lived till your niples peel!

SUSAN...I prefer HEALTHY CHOICE over LEAN CUISINE...have you tried them?

TONI....

Gotta go...time to fix some supper!!!!

BOB
Old 03-14-2005, 06:57 PM   #13  

Bob- I love it. It has a wonderful taste.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #14  

Just flying by to say hello. Dinner tonight went great! I had a ton of beef and potatoes left, and will use them for small group tomorrow night. Now I just have to clean up the kitchen...and all three crockpots! Its bad enough to clean one!

I did eat some mashed potatoes. I tried to resist, but I just caved!

I feel rather full, but I am so tired I feel like I could drop. I am going to peel these clothes off and climb in bed. I slept poorly last night so I hope I can make up for it tonight.

I will do replies in the morning!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I'm home from my Monday night class. My DH went in to work today. Actually, we had a meeting with a professional person at 1 pm. so we went together to that, and then he stayed for work. He had a dinner to attend tonight and caught a ride home and was here by 8. He was in pain, and actually took one of the pain pills he said he would not take any more of. He has to learn the hard way! He is going to try to drive in to work tomorrow and will be able to leave any time he wants. It should be interesting!

I got in over 13000 steps today. That's about 5+ miles. I did walk this morning my regular 2 mile loop and then went to lift weights this afternoon. My new pedometer really racks up the steps easier than the old one. I guess the old one was starting to gum up and not count everything. It was probably 7 or 8 years old. It was a dependable brand and I got my money's worth out of it.

Eating today was OK-- my other 2 meals:
Lunch--chicken gumbo soup and a side salad with balsamic dressing (on the side) water.
Dinner, split pea soup.
Snack--3 oz filet of beef, 1 tangerine.
Bad snack--a couple of bites of coffee ice cream.

Jackie--I can't imagine the Cats being out after just one game. They will go further than you think.
Monet--Sounds like you have the week's food all taken care of with the pot roast leftovers.

Gotta go. It's bedtime.
Closed Thread