Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 08:39 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Cow tales

I didn't want to write "cow tails" because I know what dirty minds some of you have and I was afraid you'd report me to u-know-who.

How wonderful to have KIWI back and I LOVED THE POSTCARD. Why didn't you send it to Herbie's so I'd get it sooner?

Being old makes it really hard to lose weight. I just can't remember what I'm doing. I see a bag of Junior Mints and I eat them. THENNNNNN I remember that I was trying to eat less.

Or I get hungry and I eat THENNNNNN I remember that hunger is a necessary part of cutting down on food.

DS is a the college thing. As usual, he prefers to keep me in the dark about the details of his life. I know he hates the food, his room looks like a prison cell, walking to the class is the hardest part and the field trips are to places like K-Mart.

Bagz, show Kiwi the pictures of James. Show me too. Be nice.

I was noticing this morning that SG is still going strong. They even mentioned Lushina in the email that I read this morning. They didn't say anything good but what can you expect.
Old 07-10-2001, 08:41 AM   #2  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default what I meant to say

cow tails are a locally available candy. Anyone want some? I'll put them in the mail.

Also, I bought 16 postcards, stamped and addressed them and gave to ppl who know DS so they could write him. What else can I do to embarrass him?
Old 07-10-2001, 11:03 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Ahem, Miss Peachie, in your encroaching senility you have also forgotten that you never gave me the Herbster's address, making it difficult to send your postcard there. Of course, I considered sending it to:

Ms Peachbuttt
c/o Herbie Studmuffin
Sin Palace
Dogpatch, Left Florida

I'm so glad you gave those postcards to DS. Be sure to followup to find out if he wrote anything on them before he sent them.

I'm getting off this durn computer and let the kid on it. I don't want any cow tails--that sounds disgusting. Maybe I'll read old messages later. Was there anything juicy I missed?

Kiwi
Old 07-10-2001, 01:51 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default no non no

I addressed the cards TO DS and gave them to other ppl to send to him.

I am unhappy right now with Herbie. I won't give details because I need to be begged.
Old 07-10-2001, 05:02 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Wink I'd give anything for a K-Mart

We went to Wal-Mart today but it wasn't the same. The people weren't friendly and it smelled like bratwurst. We bought marshmallows and toasted them over a pseudo-campfire outside. No, not in the parking lot, after we got home.

This Esperanto family is still trying to decide if they want to drop in on us or go see the guy's father's former roomate's mother in Karlsruhe instead, wherever that it. I wish they'd make up their mind. They're from Rochester, N.Y. and are going to an Esperanto conference in Croatia with their 18 month old son. Don't they know there are wars going on near there? Some people.

Do I get a postcard too???? Doesn't matter that it would get here 6 months after Kiwonk got back.

Peachers, does this mean that you and Herbie are oficially house mates now? Have you started playing golf yet?

I don't think diet blunders have anything to do with age. Just look at me. WLB's spring chicken and fat as a house.

Is anyone still signed up at FlyLady? I think I need her to whip me into shape again. Is she still married to Sweet Darling?
Old 07-10-2001, 05:39 PM   #6  

Default It's big as a house, Sugar

Houses aren't fat. You can be big as a house or fat as a pig, but I prefer to be as big as a barn. A house just doesn't describe me at this point.

Fly Lady still has her sweet darling. If my DH picked up his own socks he'd be a sweet darling too. Even though I'm thoroughly disillusioned w/ FlyLady now that I know she has no kids in the house, a husband who is a neatnik and a housekeeper, I am still subscribed to her. I need her needling little voice in the back of my head telling me to clean my sty.

I bought a new alarm clock. I messed up and set it an hour ahead. DH went to work at 6:30 instead of 7:30, I called my walking buddy at 5 am to tell her I was a slug and wouldn't be walking. Thank goodness I overslept. I got to work right on time.

I think the Esperanto ppl are rude. Tell them you've been called out of the country and won't be available to play hostess. Ppl here have no concept of war, Sugar. They think its just a news story. The K-mart ppl here are much less friendly than Wal-mart. Is it possible you have impossible expectations of minimum wage workers? Don't you think its enough that they're breathing? You can't expect them to be your friends too.

I understood about the postcards, Peaches. I read your posts carefully. Even the ones where you complain about your weight, though we all know you're as skinny as Letty.

Kiwi, I missed you. So glad you're back. Did I ever tell you how touched I was that you sent me a book on tape when I was recovering? If I didn't I should have.
Old 07-10-2001, 05:41 PM   #7  

Default And Bagzie....

Where are those pictures??? James Taylor is the voice of my teenage years.
Old 07-10-2001, 06:12 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default hello tramps

i am writing on my brother's laptop from the mother's cottage,so I don't have the pictures of James---when I get home I will send them---do you know that I am bored here and I am overeating to the point of disgust----I ate and ate and ate Lay's chips last night and drank MIKE'S hard lemonade and NOW I am making strawberry shortcake with real cream and I think I undercooked the hamburgers and will spend the night worring that I have poisoned my family---can your burger give you e-coli if it is just undercooked or does there have to BE e-coli in the burger to START with{pLEASE ANSWER,kIWONK!!!!!}ALSO------WHY IS HERBIE BOTHERING YOU PEACHTANK????????
Old 07-10-2001, 06:57 PM   #9  

Default E-coli

It's got to be there, and then if you don't cook the living daylights outta it, it can make you sick. Be sure and wash those strawberries, Bagzie. Ppl have gotten sick with e-coli from strawberries that were not washed properly. And what else can we worry about? Is that whipping cream properly refrigerated? Are those chip made with genetically engineered corn?
Old 07-10-2001, 07:06 PM   #10  

Default Me again

Did I tell you that my DS received his GED certificate? Now he can attend the local community college in the fall. We took him on a sternwheeler river cruise Saturday to celebrate. The weather was beautiful, food was yummy, Grandma & Grandpa & girlfriend were there to congratulate him. I wish he would have graduated with his high school class, but that's not the path that everyone takes. It's awfully hard to let them find their own way.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:09 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Wabby's on a woll!!

You are practically philosophical today, Wabbo. I can't be fat as a house or big as a cow. Or can I? Can I big and fat as a e-coli bearing grass-eating animal who is innocent and doesn't deserve the ... dum dum dum ... Canadian barbeque.

I think the Esperanto ppl are weird. Who else will the kid be able to talk to? Does he have an Esperanto play group? Will he need English as a second language classes because of this parenting?

And thank you, Wabby, for understanding about the postcards. Do you think Kiwi had brains in her hair? Just a thought.

Bagzie, I'm not upset anymore. We had front row tickets to a play which we can't use because we're going to California and he mentioned possibly giving them to his ds who would go with the ex .. Herbie's ex .. (I don't an ex-wife-in-law like some people) but he gave them to his dd instead. I just didn't like the idea that I got these great tickets and SHEHEHEHEEEEEE would use them. Of course, I don't know that the dd won't take her.

Bye and moo.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:14 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default someday Kiwi will teach me to edit myself

congrats on the GED Wabby-boy and the boat ride sounds wonderful.
Old 07-11-2001, 11:57 AM   #13  

Default Speaking of innocent animals

not deserving of the bbq - DH called the butcher to ... ahem... take care of one of our cows today. He was supposed to come after I went to work today. He was early. I think I may become a vegetarian for awhile.

DH will be 46 on friday. Geez, how did he get so old? I married a sweet young thang.

You're not one of those women who resent the ex are you Peaches? If Herbie liked her, he'd be with her. He's with you-you-you, little Peach. Of course, I've never dealt with the ex issue, so I have no idea how that would feel. So never mind. Resent her if you'd like.
Closed Thread