Old 03-14-2005, 12:54 AM   #1  

Post Hi

Hi,

I am new to these forums and am very interested in getting some support for my weight loss goals. I am 29 years old and, since birth, I have been overweight. I am single and very depressed about my appearance. I don't like to go out to meet people because it is hard to hear everyone snickering or that I think they are talking.

I am excited about this website and hope I won't give up on my weight lose. My sister found this website and as I was looking around I found that I am not the only one. Sometimes I feel that way. Anyway I hope to hear from some soon.

Irishlass

Last edited by irishlass; 03-14-2005 at 01:02 AM.
irishlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya Irishlass. You really are feeling sick and sorry for yourself aren't you? It's the lack of self esteem that is making you think that people are talking about you. In all probability they are not! It just seems that way. I have found that generally most people just don't care or maybe feel a bit sorry for a big person. Most people are too wrapped up in themselves in todays world to worry about how anyone else is feeling.
We need to build up your courage and help you to love yourself, including the body you are in. Because you are more than a body shape. There is, quite probably, a lovely young person in there waiting to come out.
What I think you need to do, is to decide what you want your final goal to be. What weight are you aiming for - looks like 175 to me. It's a daunting goal and it won't happen all at once. It won't happen at all if you look at the figures and decide it is all too much. Break the required loss down to reasonable goals - like 5lb for the month or a 1lb a week or maybe 2lb a week to begin with. Then plan out your meals and your exercise and write it down. If you want to, write it here and also print out your schedule and hang it on the fridge or somewhere in the kitchen. It really really pays to plan and schedule - visualisation - seeing yourself at the end of the tracker - are powerful tools.
We're here to help but we can't do it for you. I'm sure there are others out there who will be cheering from the sidelines too. I wish you all the luck in the world. If you wish to, come on over the the Around the world chicks - we would love to have you with us and give you as much encouragement as we can. I'll keep an eye on this thread as well. I'm sure you will do well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote