Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #99

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:41 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Gripe day!

Amanda
Faye (I had an incident with oreos )
Carri

Back later ladies

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-09-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - I had a 3 pointer yesterday, I did not do very well over the weekend so I am trying to do really well this week...I am sick of having to lose through the week what I have gained over the weekend

Faye - Oreos is one of my trigger foods, I cannot even have them in the house, same with Ding Dongs ... love em, love em, love em !!! And normally I am not a sweet tooth person but those two things drive me nuts...well I guess I also love store bought cake with the thick iceing ( JULIE !!! ) ...

Amanda - Glad to hear that you are getting out with a friend, I know that really helps , especially it is good to get away from your signifigant other once in a while too, works for me, ha ha

Julie - Still cold up there? It is really cold here and probably a chance of snow in the next couple of days, boy winter is really trying to hold on ...

Nikki and Sandy - Hi to you both!! Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #4  

Afternoon everybody! It is cold and wet here and miserable. I even cranked up the heat because I am freezing so I know you snowbirds have to be tired of it!

I am doing really well with stuff today. I have my calories under control, got in my water and exercise and just have to be strong and not eat junk the rest of the day, though the only junk is those darn oreos Jack bought for himself but I can withstand temptation and no eat them!

Carri: I have a lot of trouble with the weekends to and I think it is because Jack is home. I need to let him just fend for himself during the day and then fix dinner at night instead we end up getting takeout or going out etc. That is truly my trigger, eating out. I guess part of it is because when the kids were home and actually up until about 4 years ago, we didn't eat out much because we just couldn't afford to. I need to just save and spend my money on other things besides food that makes me happy, like handbags!!!!!

It is quiet here today so I hope everyone is well and not working too hard!

Have a good afternoon

Faye
Old 03-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Had a good swim yesterday, but get 2 points because I had an incident with a pizza! I'm having a better day today though and have been to the supermarket to stock up on lots of healthy food.

Take care

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 AM   #6  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday and it would be a great day for a facial or body scrub!

back later girls

Faye
Old 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #7  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Faye
Amanda

I got my exercise out of the way this morning and doing pretty good with food too. Jack has an eye dr appt today so he should be home soon. I have to get to the nail salon as I whacked one and ripped it off... I also need a haircut but don't know if I can fit that in before we go to the eye dr. It is MS so it is about 25 miles from the house.

It is warming up after a foggy and chilly start this morning. I will be so glad when it warms up permanently for spring and summer.

Not much going on at my house. It is pretty quiet here.

Hope you all are doing well today. I will check back later to post any points that you have.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-10-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all - well Faye anyway! It sure is quiet here today!

I got 4 points yesterday - but have gone over my calories today. It's silly because the only reason that I went over was because Nigel cooked too much tea - I could have just left some on my plate, but oh no I had to eat it all and a slice of bread to mop up the sauce!

I've got the beginnings of PMS (is it that time already?) and I've noticed that my calories have been creeping up again. My TOM isn't due for another week yet and my PMS will just get worse, but I'll do my very best to stay within my calories.

Hope your day continued to be a good one Faye, and that Jacks eye appt went okay.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #9  

Brother listen to this. Jack's eye doctor's appt today did not go well moeny wise. He wanted to go back into glasses because he didn't like wearing contact lenses. He wears bifocals, and wanted transition lenses for sunglasses. We HAVE vision insurance, the frames he picked out were totally covered and it still cost us $300! I had budgeted for $200 so now my budgeted is mucked up and I have paid all the bills so I have a lot less money than I planned on. I couldn't believe it. I almost collapsed. He even put his original frames back and got another cheaper pair or it would have cost nearly $400! If we had to pay totally out of pocket it would have cost us nearly $500 for a pair of bifocals for him! He kept apologizing but I told him to forget it at least we know from now on how much it is going to cost us for glasses. I have to go and get contacts in April, but it is cheaper than glasses. I found the MOST adorable glasses for me. I am staying in contacts, but man were these glasses cute. They were little tiny rectangles and they were red! Unfortunately, the frames were $139 and that is a little too much to spend just for fashion (I just wanted to buy them straight off the shelf with the plastic lenses in them so it would have cost more probably)

I am so proud of myself. We went out for lunch and dinner (before the glasses fiasco) and I had a salad for lunch and grilled chicken salad for dinner and didn't finish my dinner salad, though I did eat all the chicken out of it, didn't eat the biscuits or crackers, and didn't order the chocolate cake! woohoo! I want you to know I salivated over that cake the whole time we were at the table. Instead, I went out and bought some sugar free low fat toffees in assorted flavors, ate three, which cost me only about 50 cal and 5 fat calories instead of a bazillion fat and calories for the cake.

Well, I just needed to vent. I now have to go and work on my budget as it is totally screwed up! Ahh well, that's life, right girls.

Faye
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 AM   #10  

FRIDAY: TOPIC CHANGE Today is Fantasy Friday. Every Friday provide a goal weight fantasy you have no matter how bizarre. Maybe this will spur us on to stay on task!

I had another 4 pt day yesterday. Today is my weights day. I just hope I see some weight loss soon, even half a lb. I know I will but you know how frustrating it is.

Everyone have a great day and I will be back in. Oh, just heard on the tv about a workout studio that has a routine that is a very fast 90 minute yoga workout in a 105 degree room! WHEW!

Faye
Old 03-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #11  

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH>..................

3 freakin' blizzards in 2 weeks!!!!!

Green Christmas.......FREAKIN' WHITE EASTER!!!!!!

okay, I'm better now. Not really, we're getting totally dumped on in the past couple of weeks. End of Feb, we had grass showing and warm temps in the 40s. NOW, we have 4 feet of snow on the ground and another 2 feet coming tonight and tomorrow! I am supposed to be producing a show as a tsunami victim benefit tomorrow night.....not likely gonna happen. I'm cancelling classes right and left, the kids are home for snow days.....................I'm a tad cranky. The weight ain't comin' off this month either.

I haven't been bingeing, though god knows I WANT to. But I haven't been exercising either. Just don't feel like it. I"ve been curling up on the couch with my laptop and writing. WHich is a good thing, really...just not for my body.

My fantasy right now is to be able to wear a really nice really expensive 2 piece costume for our labor day show and look HOT in it! Also, have you ever noticed how skinny people can wear "alternative" clothing and noone thinks they're freaks...I love corsets, I think they look great with jeans.....but at this weight I look ridiculous in them. I want to be thin enough to wear whatever I want and look great! I'd also like to have small enough calves to be able to fit into some knee-high boots.

That's 3 fantasies, but give me a break......I need some fantasy right now!

Hope everyone is warmer than I am!

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #12  

Faye
Carri

Julie: With the kids home, and the snow, you can have as many fantasies as you want! Hope your weather improves soon, but I hear that is not the case!

Let's see, I guess my fantasy for this week would be to fit in the airplane seats without a belt extension.

I had an oj, peach, strawberry smoothie I made for breakfast this morning and did my weights. I am waiting for a FedEx delivery today so I guess I better quit screwing around on the computer and get a shower and get dressed. I am in a very old, very ripped, very thin night shirt and wouldn't want to scare the guy off! I already showed my hoohah and tahtahs this morning taking the garbage to the can. It is just outside the door on the patio, but it is really windy and woohoo up went the night shirt! Hope the scummy neighbor next door got a thrill! Jack sure did when I told him. Do you know what that dirty old man did yesterday? We were leaving to go to his eye appt and were in the garage with the door up. I got cute and kind of bumped and grind against him so he said, "Better watch out, I will pull your pants down," then he did! The man is not wrapped tight sometimes!

Everyone have a good day, especially Julie!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-11-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - is quiet again here today...I had a 3 pointer yesterday, been doing well staying OP, but it is the weekend so that is where I have been losing it lately, wish me luck

Julie - Yeah I was just telling a co worker yesterday that I didnt really ever see Spring actually coming, everytime it gets a little warm here it snows again and gets so cold, just like these last couple of days, we obviously do not get as much snow as you do but the cold and the flurries just are not going away this year...so I feel for ya, although I have to go to work every day so being stuck at home for about 2 weeks or more sounds great right now, but I can understand how it would drive you nuts if you are always home ( and with the kids ) in the bad weather ...keep up the writing - we want to say that we knew you when ...

Faye - boy Jack does give new meaning to the phrase "dirty old man", ha ha
just kidding ... you should just thank your lucky stars that he still has the drive and the passion for you, you are a lucky woman, I hope I can say the same at your age ... have a great weekend, and try to keep yourself covered up for the neighborhood

Well actually my weight loss fashion fantasy would be, well one would be what Julie said, having small enough calves to wear knee high boots...I would also like to be able to wear shorter sun dresses for the summer and not worry about the size of my legs ... or tank tops without worrying about my flabby arms...I guess there are alot of things once I think about it ... now I am depressed !!! Just kidding ...

Everyone have a great weekend!!!! I am not doing anything this weekend, just lazying around, eating rice cakes ... ughhh ... later ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #14  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! We need the sunny thoughts to melt Julie and Carri out of their snow!

I only got 2 pts yesterday as we ended up eating out last night! UGH! That's ok, I am up and already starting the day with water and going to get 4 pts today even though it is the WEEKEND!

Have a good day everybody

Faye
Old 03-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #15  

Good morning Ladies!
Man, it has been a fantastic past few days. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL, I am loving this. One of my best friends came down from Georgia for spring break (she goes to college in Savannah), so it's been pretty awesome. Her and I...and possibly our other partner in crime...are going to be taking a road trip, sorta. She had left her car here when she left for school, so we are going to drive up there and I am going to fly back home, but there will be plenty of stops along the way. We are definately spending a night in New Orleans to meet up with some friends that live there, and somewhere along the coast we are gonna stop for the beach. I am so excited.
I've been having a pretty good week diet and excersice wise. I have made a few unhealthy choices in my snacking, but all in moderation...so I don't feel too bad about it.
My weight loss fantasy would be to look killer in a swimsuit while I'm at the beach surfing and what not.

Faye-That work out you heard of is absolutly killer. I went and did a power yoga work out, the yogi kept the room at 102, but I'm pretty sure with 15 sweating bodys in that tiny little room, it got hotter than that. It was seriously the HARDEST thing I have ever done. I had put lotion on earlier that morning, and mixed with my rubber mat and my sweat, I had me a Slip-N-Slide . I had to work so hard to stay isolated and not slide that my muscles were shaking, by the end of the hour, I was dripping in sweat and my legs and arms felt like Jello.

Carri- Good luck with your points this weekend, have a good one!!

Julie-Hopefully the weather will improve soon, and you can have some peace and quiet without the kids being home. Keep up the writing.

Amanda, Sandy, and Jan- Hope ya'll are doing well!

Everyone have a beatiful Saturday!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote