View Poll Results: Do you take a multivitamin supplement?
Yes, every day 6 35.29%
Yes, when I remember 5 29.41%
No, I eat a balanced diet 4 23.53%
No, I don't believe in them 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 06:02 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Talking Daily thread - calorie-free cake alert!!!

Good morning ladies! How long is it since I've started a thread? This is just a quickie to start us off for the day, but remember to wish Kirsty a Very Happy Birthday and I think we can all claim some vicarious calorie-free birthday cake on her behalf. Or is that a tad optimistic ?

see you later (I have to go WI this morning...)!

Lxxx
Old 07-10-2001, 06:30 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default thank you!

cheers lolly, i hope WI goes ok.
and i have the cakes here at work, so do come and get some. i've got "seriously chocolatey" cake and a "party" cake. luckily i work with complete gannets so i don't need to worry about eating too much myself!
Brenda - hooray on the house! i'm so jealous of you that you'll have to invite me to the housewarming.
Sarah - i don't know how i manage to party and stay on WW. years of practise i guess... living and working in the heart of london doesn't help either! my boss gave me a voucher for a jug of margarita at my fave restaurant. and another coworker gave me italian chocolates from marks and spencers.... yummmm. BF came round last night to drop off my presents (considering it can take an hour to get from his to mine that was really sweet).
i'm sure i was going to say hello to everyone but now i've got to run off and do some work (and on my birthday too!). hopefully i'll be back later, good to see so many posts yesterday.
kirsty
Old 07-10-2001, 09:07 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Kirsty: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hello all. I don't want to be at work today...oh well.

Lolly: Hope WI went well.

Well, on the poll, I do take a multivitamin every day...prenatal ones. They are chewable and yucky and for the first three months they made me sick. They don't do that anymore (thank the Lord) but they are no treat. Oh well, must do what you must do for a healthy baby.

Ok, hello to everyone who is going to post.

Trish
Old 07-10-2001, 09:20 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Happy Birthday Kirsty

Well, I didn't eat a night time snack last night. That is an accomplishment. I was hungry in the middle of the night tho.... BUt I think it is because I have been off program and eating whatever. I weighed this morning at home and am up. OH NO! I am going to try to make it to WI Saturday morning, but no meeting since hubby is making Emma and I go to a car show with him.

Trish... chewable??? BLUCHHHH. Mine were huge like horse pills, but I could swallow them. NOw I just take a multi vitamin. Plus, a month or so before I got PG, I took folic acid to prevent birth defects.

LOLLY... GOOD LUCK AT WI!

Back to work!!
Old 07-10-2001, 09:23 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Miss Kirsty
Happy Birthday to you
To make your Birthday Come out Good
I'll give this present to you

Ok so i didnt get u a present but lol thats the official bday song of my family yes we are wierd
on the vitie front i take em when i remember
anyway I'll bbl b/c i ahve to go make some calls UGH
Old 07-10-2001, 09:42 AM   #6  
Proud Mama

Hey all!

Happy Birthday Kirsty!!! Celebrate for all of us!

On the vitamins.. I don't take 'em. Not b/c I eat a balanced diet, or b/c I don't believe in them, but b/c I can't STAND them. Eeeewww they smell so gross I just can't do it. When I was pg I did take them, but I "forgot" a lot! Sometimes I get the children's chewables. Those aren't too bad. Adult chewables are N-A-S-T-Y.

Well, I'm off to a roaring start today. I had icecream for breakfast! What's wrong with me? Why can't I do this anymore?!? I'm upset with myself because I really do want to lose weight, especially before trying for another baby... I gained 60 pounds with my last pregnancy, and if I even gained 35 this time that would put me over 200 pounds. And on a 5'5" frame, that's a lot of extra luggage! Just don't understand why I can't seem to pull it together.

On a brighter note they are coming to measure for my counter-tops today! Woohoo! I can't wait until my kitchen is totally finished. Last night I painted the trim around the window and then I did the bathroom trim too since I had the paint out. I'm hoping today to finish all of the wall painting in the kitchen & bath. I'm home today for the counter measure so I should try to accomplish something! Last night we got so much done cause Benjamin came home from daycare exhausted and went straight to bed. Ahhhhh... childless for an evening.

I posted yesterday but incase you didn't see here'e the link to the kitchen in-progress: http://www.mamaotter.20m.com/photo.html

Ok, gotta get a move on. Hope all is well with everyone!

Janet
Old 07-10-2001, 10:06 AM   #7  

Thumbs down

Happy Birthday Kirsty!!! Have one for me woman!!!

Janet ~ You will feel so complete when your remodeling is all done. It is really hard living in a remodeling mess!

Jen ~ Nighttime snacking is really difficult. Stick with fruit at night, or even a low-fat fruit smoothie! Good luck at WI!

Trish ~ I am with you, I really don't want to be at work today. The summertime at the University is really quiet. I need to work on my boss to let me have the summers off! Hope the pregnancy is going well.

Well, I am happy to say I think I have found my motivation again for WW. Don't know what happened, but for the last couple days, I have great willpower, and lots of energy. I am glad to have it back!!

Last night the kids and I watered all the flowers and plants outside (that is about an hour job!), then washed the truck, washed laundry, made dinner, picked up the house, washed dishes etc. When I sat down at 9 p.m., I was tired, didn't get a chance to do my Tae Bo tape last night. But, planning on taking the kids for a stroller ride tonight and doing Tae Bo after they go to bed.

I also stayed at my low end of points yesterday! Whoo Hoo!!

Anyway, it is another beautiful day here in Wis.! I wish I had the day off!

I brought a WW baked potato for lunch and some grapes, what are you all having?? Oh, and I am drinking my 70 oz. of water for the day. I promised myself I would at least lose 5 pounds before SIL wedding.

Anyone else have short term weight loss goals set?

Well, better get back at it...BBL....
Old 07-10-2001, 10:32 AM   #8  

Tonya.... yah on the motivation!!! I am having leftover chicken breast and leftover green bean casserole. Yummm. And I brought fruit also. I am trying so hard but I get these cravings... not for lots of bad things... but to eat a lot more than I should, whether it is healthy food or not. Argg, I know that is bad!

Janet... Like your kitchen, what color countertops are you getting?? I am amazed with all the colors and designs they have. I don't like ours and want new ones, I like the color, but they are laminate tops and are getting scratched already and the house is only 3 years old.

Well, back to work again!!
Old 07-10-2001, 11:05 AM   #9  
Proud Mama

Tonya~ Hey, that's great about you having so much willpower these days! Could you send some my way please??? I'm impressed that you manage to get so much done with your kids around. I can't get anything done with Benjamin around... I don't know if he is high maintenance, or if I just haven't figured it out yet! LOL How old are your kids? Ben is 18 months... Either he is pulling apart everything as I try to do it (example, digging up the flowers as I plant them, pulling the laundry out of the drawers as I try to put it away, taking the stuff out of the cabinets as I try to put it in), or he's getting into so much mischief that I'm afraid to take my eyes off of him (example: climbing up onto the diningroom table, "trick riding" his rocking tiger - he prefers to stand instead of sit!, sticking a piece of wood inside of the printer, scraping stuff up and down the walls, dragging stuff accross my new kitchen floor...etc, etc., etc.) Whew, he wears me out! I breathe a sigh of relief every night when he goes to bed, and then I'm usually so exhausted I collapse into a puddle! LOL

Jen, We are getting a laminte counter top (I can't afford the nicer stuff). I got a matte finish instead of a glossy finish, as I was told that would be less likely to show scratches. I'm getting a color called "berry dust". I attached a picture of the sample, but the photo is a little dark. I was originally going to go for a green, but EVERYBODY has green... so I decided to be different.

I'm not getting anything accomplished today... bad Janet!

Edit: I lightened the photo a little, I think that's more accurate.

Last edited by Janet R; 07-10-2001 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2001, 11:05 AM   #10  

Thumbs down HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIRSTY!!!!

Hi everyone! HAd an ok eating night last night. Went to a delicious italian restaurant (Maggiano's). the portions are huge but you can get half-orders, even thouse are big! They have a noil oil marinara sauce so I got shells with vegetables and no oil sauce. It ate a little more than half although I still think it was 3 servings so I counted 13 points. I ate 4 pieces of delcious bread too! I ended the day at 32.5 (ice cream and a snackwell before bed ) It was really good an I am having leftovers today. I would like to eat towards the lower end of points for the rest of the week but we are going to a freinds' for dinner again tonight so I will do my best. Hoping to maintain this week.

Tonya - You do so much work at home that it is amazing that you have the time or energy to exercise as well. I think you definitely earned plenty of exercise points last night without the Tae Bo tapes!

Janet - I love the pictures of you kitchen. I Can wait to get new cabinets but it's not in the plans for a couple of years.

Trish - I don't want to be at work either. I am in Annapolis today though so at least I have a fun lunch group. I'm hungry already and it's just 11am!!!

Jen - We have the same green bean casserole at Thanksgiving at DH's family. Yummy!!

Kierie - Smart ordering, good for you!

Lolly - Thanks for the reminder about Kirsty's bday. Hope you get to enjoy some cake, I wish I could.

Kirsty - Have a super birthday! What did BF get you?? Sounds like you work with some fun people too. Enjoy the margaritas and cake

Ok, better get off the computer now. See you later!

Sarah
Old 07-10-2001, 11:26 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Hi Y'all.

Yeah I think I will count my shifts as some exercise, I also walk to work which adds to it. I managed to fit in a workout this morning so I am doing well I guess

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTY!!!! Have a Great Day!!!

LOLLY: You're under 200!!! That's great!!

To everyone else have a wonderful day!

Ali
Old 07-10-2001, 11:27 AM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Happy Birthday Kirsty!!!

Lolly - I love your idea about calorie-free birthday cake, but we must remember that it is only free on the actual birthday! My b-day was last Tuesday and I continued to eat cake well into the weekend. NOT a good idea!

Janet - You kitchen looks great! What a feeling of accomplishment you must have!

Sarah - I love Maggiano's and impressed that you were able to order such a healthy meal!

Tonya - Congrats on the motivation! There must be something in the air in the midwest because I am feeling it too. It has been a while since I have been this motivated so let's hope it lasts!!

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 07-10-2001, 03:57 PM   #13  

Wow, the thread was hopping yesterday and today it is poking along. I was bored (not feeling like working)... and no one was here. booo hooo!! Catch ya later I guess!
Old 07-10-2001, 04:48 PM   #14  
flibbertobbergenie!

Tee hee hee, did you see how many views we got because of the thread title If only it were true!!!

Jen2 - happy birthday last week! I am right with you, because it was my birthday June 28th and the celebrations started the weekend before and went right through till the next weekend

Ali - thanks, it's a cool feeling

Jen1 - hope you're not too bored ... I like the sound of your bean recipe ... might just have to try that ... once we get in our new flat (3 weeks to go!)

Brenda - YIPPEE!!! A house!!! Is it online anywhere? Can we see it? Will you post pictures? I can't imagine being able to see mountains, you are SO lucky. And speaking of lucky people with houses, Janet, I love your kitchen photos. It must be a great feeling now it's all coming together.

Sarah, Trish, Tonya, Kierie - helloooooooooooo!

ok, time for cuddles with my beloved ...

hugs
Lxxx
Old 07-10-2001, 05:06 PM   #15  

Lolly... it's self inflicted boredom... I just don't feel like doing anything!

Brenda... we have something that we call a mountain here... but really it is only a small hill. But in Wisconsin, that is something! I am sooo happy you have scenery. We have these nasty looking horse shoe pits on the edge of our property that the guy behind us put in. He is VERY strange. So job is to plant lots of things to hide us from him!!!

My snacks today (and I had lots because I am bored...) have been 2 cups watermelon.... 1 peach... and currently I am eating some carrots and FF dip. YAH ME! Oh and the peach was DIVINE... right from GA and SWEET!!!
Closed Thread