Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Terrific Tuesday Chat ~ 3/8

good morning gang!

I have an appt with my gyno in a little while (whooopppppiiiiieeeee) so no exercise this morning. I didn't want to drink a gallon of water before getting on his scales

Will catch you guys later today.

What's everybody up to?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Cathy ICK on the gyno

Kathy congrats on the extra weight loss YIPEEE!!!! WTG GIRL.

Lynnie how did your cabbage rolls come out. Hope they didn't give DH gas I love love love cabbage and well, it loves me back

Marble your not a moron (as you stated in yesterday's post). I'm glad that your doctor found a combo of meds thats working for you. I think its so hard to do.

BRB
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
Cathy I'm supposed to go to the fiddler (Gyn) too today BUt it's snow heck outside and I doubt my MIL wants to drive in this
How are you Leenie My love? ready for the snow onslaught?
I feel thinner I don't know if the scale reflects it BUT I put on a pair of pants last night that I bought but could squeeze into (Button didn't reach hole) BUT! I tried them on last night and although it was Snug it buttoned!
Also and I thought of Lynnie Now I can fasten most of my bras on the tightest setting So I'm rounding the corner from 40 to 38 yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bbl
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Hello ladies!!

The cabbage rolls came out great last night.Dh loved them.I made them real small incase he didn't like them.So he told me I could make them bigger next time.Yes, he was rooting and tooting all over the place night after eatting them.

I have to go see a psychiatrist today at 4:30.I will be getting re-evaluted (sp?) I am going to see about getting on something else besides the paxil and wellbutrin.I think the wellbutrin is contributing to weight gain.I guess we will see.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Hiya, terrific ladies.....WHY IS IS SNOWING HEAVILY AAGAIN???? It's STICKING!!!! we are gonna get 4-6 inches???? it's a wonder I don't eat bacon with all this stress....I had to cancel meeting, speaker, food, send mass emails, OOY! now I have reschedule evreything and do it again!....grrrrrr

on a positive note, I exercised again this morning with Billy, we punched & kicked the daylights out of everyone who ever annoyed me (but he never stays for coffee , just disappears in a poof.)

OK, I put on a knit top today and there is no visable pudge-roll (I call it spillage) around either my back bra-strap and my upper abdomen, I don't have to suck in my gut and my skirt zipped right up.... HAH!!!! boy was I happy about that.....

I ran into my friend/neighbor last night when walking the dog and she told me my face looks thinner....(when I gain weight I tend to look like the man in the moon)...

BBL, have fun today!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, everyone,

Thanks so much for the encouragement about weight loss. It really helps. I always think of telling you guys when I do my weigh-in at home. I just talked to my sister, and she has a low thyroid and takes Synthroid for it. I HAVE to get this thing figured out. I am feeling down and tired every single day. It is SO discouraging. Not much time to write this morning. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #7  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

It's Doctor Day

I'm not seeing a gynie-I'm getting a second opinion on my messed up ankle

Leenie, Kierie, & Marble: Spring IS coming!

Cathy: Good luck at the gynie!

Kathy: I have low thyroid too. I take Synthroid (88 mcg), but I still go through times when I feel really tired. Don't give up on yourself!

Lynnie: Have you started your new job? . I hope your doctor can find something to help you. I'm on Lexapro, and my eating has been totally messed up, plus I still feel depressed

I'll update you later. Hopefully, I'll have some better news on my ankle
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #8  

kathy - please be sure to tell your nurse practitioner that your sis has low thyroid also. It tends to run in families and be genetic - my son, me, my mom, my grandmother, my greatmother all have thyroid problems (and that's just on my side - my son gets it from both sides) - and it could not be found by simply running a TSH.

I'm not a doctor (of course) but since you have so many symptoms of low thyroid and have a family member with low thyroid - I would say your problems are probably from a low thyroid girlie. please don't give up on this!

If I didn't mention it before, you might want to get Mary Shomon's new book called The Thyroid Diet - there is a lot of good solid thyroid info in it! you can order it from amazon or usually Books a Million has it in stock. here is a link to it at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-08-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #9  

Leenie - where's the boss?

Kierie - congrats on feeling smaller! that's even more important than the numbers on the scale!

Lynnie - hope all goes well at your appointment! let us know how it goes! was this the one that feel asleep on ya once? hope they stay wide awake and pay attention girlie!

Marble - good for you exercising this morning! you've been doing really well! YOU GO GIRL! I live for the day when there is "no pudge" around my back bra strap!!!

Joanne - I'm praying for you! hope all goes well! please let us know as soon as you can!

where's the rest of our gang?

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Wink Mixed Blessings...

I just got back from the podiatrist's office, and boy, were my eyes opened. My ankle is seriously messed-up, and it's going to take a 4-8 hour operation to put it back together again ! The doctor even told me that although he could do the surgery, he wanted to refer me to someone with more training and experience. I wanted to hug him{and I told him so } Finally, a doctor who's honest and not arrogant! I'm going to have to go back to hopping around for now, but in the meantime, I'll be praying for God to intervene in our situation If this surgery isn't successful, I could be facing a below the knee amputation of my right leg

Please keep me in your prayers
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #11  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Just have a minute.
Joann, you poor thing! Thank goodness you found a good doctor. Hang in there.

Cathy, thanks. I plan to talk to her about it. I am not sure how much she will listen---I think she will, though. I have been kind of going downhill as far as my energy and spirits. I sent you a p.m. yesterday, I think.

Take care, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Joanne aww honey! my thoughts and prayers are with you . . .you have a dr who is being forthright with you and just arm yourself with info You will walk independently on both legs again!
Kathy when you talk to your DR just remember that she is just a woman with a job aka She needs to listen to you it is HER JOB and if she doesn't do it remind her Big hugs for you lady
Lynnie how was the doc?
MArble I love billy! but I'm not buff enough to go back to TAeBo YET I'm going to look into a bellydance video maybe
Cathy was everything ok at the doc?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #13  

JoAnne - goodness a gracious girlie! this is serious stuff! so like the first doc knew what he was talking about even tho his assistant was the one who has actually been seeing you since the last surgery? remind me please....what was it that happened to your foot in the first place that made it necessary for you to have the surgery? I'm sorry - I know you've explained, but sometimes my memory is the pits. I am praying for you and the docs and for your dh's surgery on Monday! please keep us posted!

Kathy - got your pm! your welcome! and you know that I am more than glad to help in any way that I can. I hope that the nurse practitioner will listen. I always bring notes with me so I don't forget anything - once I get in there and start talking my mind goes blank without my list.

Kier - now you are definitely gonna have to tell us about belly dancing when you start it! thanks for asking - everything was great at the docs - my blood pressure was low, his scale was down 14 lbs just like mine - and when he walked in he told me hello and that I looked great and wanted to know what I was doing and I told him that I was taking 3 grains of Armour Thyroid a day for my low thyroid symptoms (that I have been telling him about for years!) and then we had a nice little talk about how someone with a TSH of 2.30 could actually have thyroid problems - it is amazing (or a shame actually) what these docs are being told about the TSH. Anyway, he did give me a prescription for Yasmin birth control pills which I will try. I really hate to get back on bc pills - I feel so good off of them - but I am too old and nervous about it to worry about getting pregnant at my age. hehe

hope everybody has a good nite

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Well the new doctor has decided to take me off of the wellbutrin and the paxil.I am to start weening tomorrow and to start taking Zoloft in the morning and at night for my nightmares and for my flashbacks I am to take Geodon.Anyone heard of it or been prescribed it?Its a drug they are now giving clients with PTSD.Which I have.

I haven't started my job yet but they will be taking over the building on April 11th.I guess around that time they will be calling about orientation for the new hires.I am still excited and when I do start I have to switch the new medicine around.Take the Zoloft at night and take the Geodon in the morning when I am about to go to sleep.

I am hoping this helps with my depression and stuff because the others just aren't working much anymore.I think my body has grown immune to them.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote