View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
doinmybest

Default weigh in and evaluation day

i confess, I've been very scattered with my discipline. Ugh. Up some this week.

So I really need to get back on track. I've only worked out 2 days this week, and very half hearted then.

I'm so close! so close I can almost touch it. Now is not the time to lose the vision.

You know, I watched the old movie "Lust for Life" about Van Gogh. It was sad, but any movie about art really inspires me. I mean art in the broad sense. I have to affirm to myself that I am an artist-I am a writer. That has merit.

And it takes self- affirmation and a lot of shoving myself to do it. It's HARD TO WRITE! To be honest, I end up kind of putting it off until the evening, and then I can get to into it I stay up until 2 am working.

Not a very disciplined way to practice my discipline of choice. Geez, you know. It takes keeping up with it on so many fronts. And I know I'm whining, because i have it a lot better than a lot of people.

Part of me says, "Sit down. Make a schedule and a plan and stick to it. Get yourself put together, Young Lady!"

and the other part of me says, "How many times have to done that and not stuck to the plan?"

I guess the fact of the matter is, I need a plan whether or not I keep it perfectly. Mom always said, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." Doing my plan at least decreases the willi-nilly factor.

So, here's the plan:
1. WRITE DOWN WHAT I EAT- I'll get the old pen and paper and write it all down. I've had good success with that
2. EAT WHEN I'M HUNGRY-reach for whole foods low fat, but don't reach the starving level. That's bad for me, I lose control.
3. EXERCISE EVERY DAY- I love my Tae-Bo tape, I love my Lateral thigh trainer. This actually helps my writing too.
4. GET REGULAR SLEEP- I'll work out the details on this one, but sleep helps a lot.

These are the backbone of me getting my work done. So. That's the deal for the week. I'll do it.

How did this happen?!
I guess it's all stuff I decided to do...
Which means I am in control...!
And I have what it takes to get where I want to go!
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote