Old 03-05-2005, 06:09 AM   #1  
I will suceed!!!

Default Moms losing weight #63..Saturday and Sunday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Friendship Prayer
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...AMEN

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise

Last edited by Redskirt1; 03-05-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #2  
I will suceed!!!

I hope everyone likes my little "friendship prayer", if anyone finds it offensive, please let me know, and I will edit it and put something else up there.

Michelle, I am sorry about poor Taylor. She is in my prayers!

Jeniqua, my prayers are with you. I am here for you if you need a shoulder. We all are.

I hope everyone else is feeling better. Whoever had the diarrhea virus, I think you sent it over the wires to my house! LOL, Wed. after I worked my tail off and did all that exercise, I got a nasty bought of it. Lasted until last night. So all I did yesterday was drink water and chicken broth and run to the potty. And as an added bonus, I was throwing up too! So, the only thing I accomplished Thursday is 100+ ounces of water. Can I count that for a point? I think I drank my weight in water! Friday I just recovered, and went on a date with my h. We saw The Pacifyer, with Vin Disel. I LOVED THAT MOVIE! Great family movie. Good movie to go see with the kids. If they start acting up, we can simply tell them will get his character to come and watch them! LOL, it was a really good movie. Well done, and not overly corny or hoaky. Of course, I am biased, I love Vin Disel!

Well, it is late, or should I say early...and so, I must start my day, that never really ended. Long story, but not an entirely bad one. BBL
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:16 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Tabitha thanks for starting a new thread... Sorry you have gotten sick

Michelle,
How is Tay doing this morning??? Please let us know if you go to the clinic and how everything is going!!!

I was gonna tell you girls the good news on this end. Michelle is out of ICU! She is now in a private room in "guarded condition" whatever that means. She still has a long road there but she is a miracle for sure!

Anyhow,
I need to get up and get going. The boys have belt tests today in karate to move up! They are really excited

I'll ttyl! Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning all! Well my scale still hasn't budged I have been at 240 all week now and I'm eating well varying my calories from 1200 - 1400 a day, counting carbs, fat, etc..drinking enough water to satisfy a camel...exercising my *** off..and still nothing is happening. Can I tell you how frustrated I am and how ready I am to just say ..... it!

Michelle~I hope Taylor is feeling better today, and you are getting some rest!

Tabitha~Sure hope your feeling alot better soon, diarrahea is awful but I'd rather have that then barf, poor thing having it on both ends

Penny~Hope your boys do fantastic today! Who is Michelle? I'm glad she's out of ICU!

Jen~ Hang in there sweetie everything will be OK!

Everyone else have a fantastic day!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Penny, I'm so glad Michelle finally got sprung from the ICU. That is awesome news.

Chrissy-hang in there. You're doing a great job!

Hey Tabitha-I liked your friendship poem. I'm going to have to relay it to my mom. She'd get a kick out of it.

Well, I was waiting for a phonecall from my sister yesterday. Conner (the little baby) wasn't breathing quite right, and quit eating, and was running a fever and she never called me back. I'm hoping she didn't have to admit him to the hospital.
On the sort of weird plus side...I got to see my cousin for the first time in 24 yrs. yesterday. They were in town for their uncle's funeral. It was great to see him. I haven't seen him since he was 9 and I was 10. My cousins' uncle died from brain tumors they just found less than 2 weeks ago. Kind of scary.

Well gotta get Tiana to her game. The last one of the season...YEAHHHH!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #6  

Hello to all the moms out there. My name is Donna. Mikey is 8 and Anthony is 2. I had a question for Penny. What belt levels are the kids advancing to? I used to be in karate and made it to my fifth belt, but had to quit do to medical problems, but I get to start again in April with my oldest son. I think that it is really fun that we can do it together.
d2andb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #7  

Good morning, all. I'm supposed to be on my way to Ohio for the weekend, but my daughter is sick again. She woke up this morning and said she shouldn't have got out of bed. Then she crawled into my bed and fell back asleep. I guess I'll see if she is feeling better later today or if we are going to be house-bound for another weekend.

Penny- great news about Michelle

Michelle- how is Taylor doing now?

Tabitha- I hope you are feeling better today.

Chrissy- The scale is doing the same thing to me. I started varying my calories to be between 1200-1400, but I'm not counting carbs. For whatever reason, my body decided to gain 1.5 pounds back, and it just isn't willing to let it go. I'm ignoring it for now though since if I weighed in weekly like a normal person, I wouldn't be due to weigh in until Monday anyway.

Chris- How is Conner doing today?

Hi Donna and anyone else I missed
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #8  

Somehow I missed the friendship prayer the first time.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Chelle-Conner is doing okay. He's got that nasty flu thing. They just told my sister to keep giving him lots of fluids and the usual flu advice. She said the poor guy finally slept a little after she laid a pillow on the floor and he laid over it on his tummy. He's just soo uncomfortable.

Tiana had her last game this morning. YEah!!! No more 6 a.m. morning on Saturday. I still have a whole house to clean but I'm wired so it shouldn't take too long.

Well have a great day ladies. I'll be checkin in after a bit.

~chris
Old 03-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon Ladies...

We are doing yardwork today but I had to bring the boys inside b/c of the heat. And to get em some lunch.... So I am sneaking online... SHhhh!! Don't tell

Melissa,
You didn't get a chance to post this am?? Let me know if you need any more help with the tshirt transfers... If nothing else, I'll print em for you and mail them to you.

Chris,
Glad Tiana is finished her games! YAH! Hope your sis's little one is feeling better!

Michelle,
How is Tay doing this am?????

MichelleJ,
Hope your little girl is feeling better! What's in Ohio??

Donna,
Welcome to you! My oldest is a green/white belt today and my middle son is a blue/white belt now. Here is where my kiddos go http://www.dibenedettoskarate.com/

Chrissy,
I know it is difficult and discouraging... But don't give up! Things will turn around soon! Have you done any research on plateau's??

Well I better get back out there to work .... Hey can I use all this manual labor as my exercise for the day???
Old 03-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #11  

I'm here all....Good afternoon. I've been a lurker lately. I'm really sorry I haven't been posting my usual. I've slacked at the gym and even though it isn't totally my fault, it's circumstance, I feel crapy and feel like I'm letting everyone down. I know how everyone was so excited when I would post about my two hours of exercise. I feel hungry all the time now. I really need my gym. I just hope I can get back into it full swing. It's frustrating too, because I put so much into my exercise and diet and the weight was not moving fast enough at all. Not even a lb a week. I mean, I don't need it to be 4-5 or more a week, but come on a lb or 2 would be great and make me feel what I was doing was working. OH well, I'm sorry to complain....AGAIN. I'm not usually such a downer. There just always seems to be something going on.

Penny, I really appreciate your help on the transfers and stuff. I printed the IM about it and am gonna get some transfer paper and print something out to try and see how it goes. I'll call you if I need help. You party for Andrew sounds fantastic! I bet it'l be a blast.

Hey everyone else. I hope you are all having a good weekend. I promise I'll try to snap out of this!

Michelle, How is Tay????? and everyone else??
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good afternoon ladies-
Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, remember we had that diarrhea virus, along with fever and vomiting. We were well all of 4-5 days and now have influenza type A. Too many symptoms to list, but with high fevers and coughing. Right now 8 people had or have had it and the rest of us are on anti-virals. So far I haven't caught it. Martin is too small for the anti-viral and the poor baby is very sick. He has 102 fever that I am trying to get down, I've tried motrin and tylenol but without any luck he's still hot and miserable. He is nursing, thank goodness we didn't go cold-turkey on that, and it's the only thing he can keep down. He looks horrible. Well, that has been my excitement for the week and since I was one of the few well, I have been really busy and haven't had time to do anything else. I hope they are well soon, poor kids!

Mel-I hope you are feeling better, this week seems to have been a bad one for some of us, huh. Don't look at the scale, lately for me it has been dragging too. Is this how it's going to be? It IS so depressing, but don't let it keep you down. You are doing great!

Penny- I am so glad to hear about Michelle! What wonderful news in an otherwise crappy(please pardon the pun) week! She's still very much on my mind, thanks for the update! I hope your little karatemen do well today!Hey does that make you a karatemom?

Chris- I hope Connor feels better, he in the same boat as Martin, those poor lil' guys. I feel so terrible that they can't say how they feel or what they want.
I'm glad that you don't have anymore early-bird games.

Chelle- hope that your dd feels better, and that the scale moves for you too!

Hi Donna-

Chrissy-don't be frustrated, hang in there. It is so trying to one's patience when you seem to be stuck in the mud. Don't worry it will move!

Tabitha-I hope that your family feels better soon, that's a nasty one, huh? You have a very stilted sense of humor!

Michelle- how is Taylor doing? Did she stop vomitting? Give her a big hug from me!

Jeniqua- I'm so sorry to hear about your bad news. Maybe you can work things out! I'm praying for you!

I know I'm missing some people along with newones too, I'll be bye along later...I hope!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
You are definetely NOT letting us down, I promise!
You will get back into the swing of it! Are you starting back Monday?

Roxy,
I am soooo sorry the house is sick That is sooo horrible! We all want the kids to feel better real soon! Give them a big hug and kiss for me

Well I am sooo tired from all the yard work, jumping on the trampoline and walking today...

Have a nice Night!

Michelle,
Hope Taylor is ok!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

hey girls!

Sorry had a long day just now got time to post! Thanks everyone for keeping Tay in their thoughts. She is doing much better today no vomiting at all although her eye looks worse now it is now totally black underneath her eye and I could see blook on the white of her eye in the corner. I'm just so glad she is okay. So we were waking her up every two hours and making sure she knew our names and stuff and I asked her "Taylor what's my name?" and she says "you're mommy powell" LOL I got a good laugh out of that!

Well I gottawork tomorrow early in the AM so I'm gonna go to bed and I need to update my points tomorrow when I'm done with work. I will have a gain tomorrow two which I'm not happy about but it's gotta be TOM. Anyway time to hit the hay.

Hope you all have agreat evening!!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Yep Roxy, that influenza A is a nasty little bug. I'm hoping Conner is feeling better. I didn't really get to talk to my sister too much today. I had to proof-read her paper for her English class and we had to zip off right away to pick out furniture for the family room.

Melissa, I'm feeling your feelings... There are alot of days when I feel like nothing I'm doing is making any difference or making that weight go down. To me, there is nothing more depressing. It'll pass though...Plateaus can't last forever. You're doing great though. YOu have more ambition and enthusiasm than I have. Nothing stops you. That's what makes you great!

My mom was feeling good enough today to want to get out of the house so we went shopping at a couple thrift stores today. She had fun, but she still gets wore out pretty fast. I dropped her off at home and I'm sure she took a nap.

Okay...feeling the effects of the 6 am thing. Gotta get my buns to bed. I'm too pooped to pop. Talk to you in the morning.

~chris