Old 03-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #1  

Default Weighty Issues #25

Anyone can join in with htis groupd of awesome ladies. We welcome newbies with open arms.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #2  

Angie I can't beleive it is so close. I am trying to get a deli to open right down the way from the salon. It is the perfect location for one. We are right down the road from the hospital and usually the poeple that work there just stay and eat in the caft. b/c the traffic to get to the other side where most of the places to eat is terrible. Plus, the windows in the place are beautiful. It was a flower shop before and they have etched glass on three side of the building. I wish I could open something there.

Cal it sounds like you have been feeling better. That is great news. Did they ever get your meds right?

Julie what's up hun? You guys arn't sick still are you? I am not into AI that much but I do watch on the girls night. I have to vote for our home town girl. Lindsey. It is so cool b/c the whole town has things written on the windows supporting her. It is neat to see the town come together like this. I thought she did good last night but you know the judges think she should do something different. As long as she gets voted to next week I am happy.

I need to run out and so a few things. I will check back later today.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh Kempy that sounds so pretty. We are having our sign to put out front painted right now. I will post a pic when he gets it done. He usually does really nice signs. I had him just write Maine-ly Munchies in a pretty cursivelike calligraphy. plus he said he will paint a border on it and maybe a donut and cup of coffee. I hope it looks good. I didnt tell him a color. I just let him pick what he thought would look nice on Main Street. It should be done this weekend. I also bought a Coffee time chalkboard thingy from Ebay. It is so cute. Of course I ordered it before I found out the coffee company was going to supply everything.

Have you had any luck thinking of a name? I like coming up with names that are cute.

I ordered a calligraphy kit from ebay. It is so pretty. I played with it a bit but I dont get the brush too much. The thing keeps sliding on it and makes me spray paint when I move it. The letters I did get were cute though. I bought it for Alicia. She is such a good artist. That kid can draw anything. and it looks exactly like it should. I told her to practice painting moose and I would buy her some slates and she can paint them and sell them at the bakery and make some money. I used to do that but gave it up after a while. I didnt like having the paints all over the house.

Well, I am off.
Talk to ya later
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #4  

I still havn't come up with a name. I need help so if you can think of anything I would be very happy. I am not good at that. I am trying to stay away from using my name. I just think eveyone uses their name.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon Girls

Kempy I will do some thinking of a name for you. I love coming up with that kind of stuff. I really like Angie's name she picked out. Yup, I think the kids are getting better. Almost one hundred percent. Knock on wood . How is the dieting going? Is Joe still losing? I heard on the today show this morning that it is easier for men to lose weight, duh!! They also had an interesting segment on eating for your age. Like in your twenties your metab. is really alot faster working and then when you hit your 30's and 40's it starts declining. Yikes I will be thirty this summer. They also talked about bone health that we should be thinking of it right now. I found it interesting. How cool AI contestant is from your town. I missed her last night.

Angie hi girl, I love the chalkboard idea. On HGTV I saw a house with one and I love having the idea of one hanging in my kitchen. For notes, things to do and just plain old messages. I bet your sign will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see pictures. Heck, I would love to drive over and see your new place. I am so excited for you. You never know could be bakery/art gallery?? Thats great about your dd's talent. I wish I just had nice handwriting.

Well girls I will pop back later. My mom might be selling her house. I am kind of sad about it. It was the first house we had since my parents divorced. Lots of good memories in that house for me. I am just to emotional and sentimental about everything I guess . I just think of feeling like I had a real home feeling when we moved in and when I got my dog. Well thinking of supper ideas. I want to eat a healthy one tonight. No more darn fish sticks. Haha.... Hi Cherie, Noelle(pull them slots girl), Cal, Dips, and Summer. Bye for now!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey, where is everyone? I hope you are all having fun wherever you are.

Kempy, I have been trying to think of cute names for you and I come up with 3: the first one is Hair Today Gone Tommorrow and the second one is Hair Not There the third one is Barely There Hair Removal.

Last edited by angieME; 03-03-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #7  

Oh my gosh, Angie those are funny. You are so good at this. I meant to tell you that I love the name of your place. I have been telling everyone I know. Not that we will be able to shop there but I just love the name.

I was busy today. I have 5 clients!!!!! 2 of them weren't even supposed to be here today but I took them anyway. I have another consulation for a new client tomorrow. I am so thankful that I am getting clients. It seems so weird that I am doing something that I actually like and I am making a living at it.

Did any of you watch Wife Swap last night? That little jerk made me so mad. I just wanted to climb into the tv and slap him around for the way he treated that lady.

Well, it is off to find something for dinner. It is just me eating tonight. Joe is at a banquet. It is easy when I don't have to cook.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks Kempy. Mainely Munchies has been our name for the past 8 years or so. I was going to name it Sweet Temptations in the beginning but my ex SIL used it before I could after I told her about it. Now I am glad that she did ( I wasnt too happy when it happened ) because the tourists love our name. That is why I am so excited to actually have a shop front because I think the name will make the tourists stop. Plus it covers everything since we are going to sell the gourmet foods too. Do you have any key words you want in the name and I can keep thinking to see if I can come up with more for you.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh, I forgot. I saw Wife Swap too. That kid made me so mad. Mostly because he reminded me of Brit so much. Sad to say but that is the way she treats us and I dont see anyway of stopping it. We are just now waiting for her to reach adulthood so we can get our sanity back. I joke but it is a real pain to deal with. Unbearable some days.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #10  

I really don't have to have any certain words in the name. At this point I need whatever I can get. Thank you soooooo much for helping me.

I never knew that she talked to you guys like that. I guess some kids are just more agressive than others. That's ok, I still love you guys.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #11  

Hi Girls just popping in before bed. Going to shut the computer off. Sorry I did not get to post today.

Kempy still thinking of a name. LOL Love Angie's ideas.

I did not eat dinner tonight, dh made brats and did not feel like eating them for some reason. Ate really light today. Gotta get some healthy food in this house! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #12  

Oh have to add, I could not believe either the way that kid talked to that woman on that show either. Talk about no respect for house guests!! I felt bad when she cried. Okay gotta get to bed now.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

here are the pics of the sign. Jay went and picked it up today so he took pics for me. He couldnt fit the whole thing in the pic because it is so long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bakery sign.jpg (21.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg bakery.jpg (21.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I thought it was cute that he dotted the i's with donuts.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #15  

Good Evening my girls!!

Angie I love the sign. I bet when you and Jay saw the sign it made it feel so real now. I am so proud of you. Going after a dream of opening a business and doing it. You can be a proud business owner now like our girls Kempy and Noelle!! Go girls. I wish I had something like that going on.

Well I was pretty much OP for the day but then dh came home with deep fried japelenos filled with cream cheese. I love those things. I had about four of them with my "healthy dinner"....salmon, sweet potatoe, and a salad. I am not going to get excited about it though because my total fat for the day was down. He also bought a huge ham, which I love but it is pms week this week and we will be eating it for several days and that sodium is going to get me. Have to chug water and take my midol .

When is Noelle coming back? It's weird Noelle, I feel like we are close even though we are far apart because you are on the mainland. Haha....miss ya.

Well hello everyone else. Going to watch some late night tv. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.