WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #1  

Default Cappuccino addict

Oh I'm so glad I found this forum! My DH and I have been doing points using my old WW stuff from 6 years ago for about a week now. But I am really missing my cappuccino. You know the kind that comes out of a machine in a gas station or a buffet cafeteria. Does anyone have any ideas of the number of points that would be. I asked the manager of our office cafeteria for the nutrition info, but he said he didn't have any.
Thanks!
Lilion
Old 02-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

You might wanna look at www.dwlz.com and look for 7-11 or other convenience type store name under her Restauraunts. Or try www.calorieking.com or www.dietfacts.com
Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #3  

Thanks so much! What great websites! I browsed through them and found much more than I'd hoped for. I'm saving them to favorites for future reference. (And I'll never eat another Sonic breakfast burrito as long as I live! I always had considered them borderline ok since they were just tortillas and eggs and a little sausage and cheese...not lots of food. 670 calories and 37 grams of fat!!! My God! I used to eat them two at a time! The toaster grilled cheese is half that! What I don't know about food is a lot!)
Old 02-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Glad you enjoyed those sites.

Remember though the best place for nutritional info is to look for the place you are going to see if they have then these places are fall backs.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #5  

I used to be a Starbucks cafe mocha girl. I loved that stuff. When I began to go from having one per week as a treat to having one and then two mid-week, it became a problem.

Caffe D'Vita sugar free mocha cappuccino, and also vanilla cappuccino, are available in powder form. I can get them in several local grocery stores, but the best value I have found is at Smart & Final. You can tell the sugar free from the regular because the sugar free has a yellow strip across the front of the cannister and I believe a different colored lid (red lid). They also have a hazelnut flavor, but I have not yet found it in sugar free. I use more water than directed, and add either chocolate or french vanilla torani syrup.

Serving size 2 tsp, calories 35, carbs 3, protein 0.5. Sweetened with Splenda.

The stuff is good. I actually prefer it to the Starbucks now.

Dawna
Old 03-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Gas station cappuccino isn't actually cappuccino. if you go to a coffee house and order one-it won't be the same thing. Gas station varieties are pretty much hot cocoa with a dash of coffee thrown in for good measure!

I would recommend that you try regular coffee with a little flavored creamer (measured out) for 50 calories or under, or to go for what I do-which is the foo-foo flavored coffee beans (the beans are flavored-no sweetener though) and either drink it black if you can-or add a dash of Splenda or Equal.

It isn't going to be the thick, syrupy thing like you get at a gas station though. If you want to slowly wean yourself from the sugary gas station thing-fill your cup with half of the cappuccino and half with regular coffee (cuts calories in half) and then slowly up the coffee and reduce the cappuccino over time.

In a real coffee shop you can get a latte with nonfat milk (a small would be around 80 calories) and add a dash of Splenda if you still need something creamy-milky.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

At Tim Hortons the 10oz French Vanilla Cappucino is 3 points so you are probably looking around the same amount for what you are talking about.

I treat them like a dessert so I only have them once in a while.

The nice thing about Starbucks is you get your fancy coffees made with skim milk and you can ask for extra froth instead of having the whipped cream. Add a bit of cinnamon on top and voila! It is almost like having a real latte!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

mauvaisroux , yeah but they cost 2 times a much as making them at home! LOL!

aphil, I agree and disagree here as it depends on the 'convenience/gas station' we have several in town that are as you say but also have one or two that have 'real' capp machines for your fix! But for the most part you are right. It is like the prepackaged powdered capp mixes you buy at the store...just some hot chocolate type with some instant coffee and some instant milk that froths at the top for a bit!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

I've been buying sugar-free hot chocolate envelopes and using about half of one mixed with my coffee. A nice way to flavour up my coffee and keep it under a point. One 15gr envelope is 1 pt. YUMM!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you look at some of the sugarfree fatfree hot chocolates you can have up to 3 envelopes for 1 point (mine are 25 cal/0 fat/1 fiber per envelope).
Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #11  

If you like Tea, you should just drink Green Tea. It's one of my favorites and they have them everywhere. Apparently it's really healthy for your body too. It also tastes good without using any type of sugar or SPlenda related products (never know if those are healthy or not)...Also, if you like this stuff, then you'll probably like Chai too..the spices are amazing and not bad for you!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Green tea is excellent for you, but all teas have beneficial antioxidants. (I personally can drink any tea without any sweeteners)
Closed Thread