Old 03-02-2005, 06:04 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Moms Losing Weight #60 Humpday!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies...

I'm up early but don't tell the kids
I'm gonna try to sneak in my exercise and cleaning a bit before they wake... shhh!

Chrissy,
I think the measuring would be after also b/c you wouldn't want raw food on your scale.. but still i'm not sure! Congrats on the pound

Roxy,
You are doing awesome with the challenge lady! You are beating me

Mel,
Sorry we didn't have too much time to chat yesterday You did awesome pulling through on the exercise CONGRATS!

Kendrea,
Glad your little one is feeling better! Sorry you are sick now

Cindi,
I'm sorry Christian is sick I wish I could help! I will say some prayers for you and him to get better!

MichelleJ,
I would figure you would need at least 1500 cal a day. But I'm not sure on that.

Chris,
Let us know about the new job and what he decides! How is the camper??? We are doing the same thing right now with a neighbor with his. He only wants $1800 but it needs a ton of work

Michelle,
Congrats on the exercise! Now I need to get moving even more... Four days of points... geez... Congrats!

Just wanted to welcome Lynne again and Maria!

Tabitha,
Hope you are feeling better today!

Ok my body is calling me to move I'm gonna get going before I have an audience exercising...

TTYL!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #3  

Welcome Maria and Lynne, I'm Melissa SAHM of 2 Ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. I'm sure you'll love it here. Jump in anytime.

Morning Penny! Have a good day. get that exrecise in girl! You can do it. I'm gonna try too, because I have a busy day.

Chrissy, Ok, some foods are different with the weights weather they should be cooked or not. I would check the serving on a box. I know you are not going off that, but you'll get an idea. If you are not sure here is a reference I found for you. Hope it helps.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...rt10052004.jsp

Tabitha, :sman: There's a snowman for you! ahhh ya better duck!!............ BAMM

Ok, I have a busy day, so I'll bbl to check in.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning ladies

I'm getting so disgusted I'm ready to just start eating like I always did! I know I said I wouldn't get on the scale but OMG being this heavy I NEED to get on it and see if what I'm doing is actually doing anything for me...well I'm at 240 again.....WHY? I am not going over 1200 at all, nor am I going over in carbs, fat or protien. I drink more then enough water, I'm just digusted.

Penny~ I weighed the food before I cooked it (hamburger was 4 oz raw) after I cooked it I weighed it again so it was 3 oz (which is the serving size) so cooking (on the grill) looses 1 ounce..and man was it GOOD!

Melissa~Thanks I'm going to look threw that, I appreciate you finding that for me.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #5  

Hi, Maria and Lynne There are two Michelles who participate in these threads so I answer to Chelle or MichelleJ. I recently got married, and I'm a stay at home mom to a 7 year old daughter (Sage). I also have a small home-based jewelry business.

Yesterday was not a great day for me. My husband stayed home from work, and when I was trying to workout, he kept popping through the room so I kept stopping. I can deal with using the bike in front of him, but I really can't handle trying these dancing tapes for the first time in front of him

My little girl was really sick yesterday so she did nothing but sleep from the time she got home from school. She slept through dinner, woke up and asked us to reheat something for her, and then she asked to go to bed early. Well, today she was completely recovered, but she acted sick until it was too late to catch the bus. Then she started running all over the house like a psycho. Hubby and I said no way, and he dropped her off at school on his way to work.

Chrissy- the scale did the same thing to me today, up 1.5 pounds. I think my body is gearing up for TOM because as my friend would put it, I feel like I could eat like I have a tapeworm right about now. Anyway, I decided I need to ignore the scale for a couple of days until my body settles down to try to keep from being discouraged. Of course, I say that, but it's like habit now to hop on first thing in the morning
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #6  

Good morning. Well I am feeling like total poo. I can barely talk but thankfully I'm not running a fever. Unfortunately baby boy is sick, sick, sick. So congested and his eyes have a yellow discharge and just keep running. The Dr. told me to get him some Infant Pedicare and keep his eyes washed out with a warm cloth. I hope it clears up soon. It just makes me sad when there is really nothing more that I can do for him.

I have my pedometer and when the little one sleeps I'll be walking. March must be a good month!! IT WILL BE A GOOD MONTH!!

Sorry no individual posts -- I must get some work done but I will be back.

Welcome to the new ladies!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

HI Ladies

Kendra,
Hope you and your little one are feeling better real soon!

Michelle,
Glad to hear your little girl is feeling better! Hope you get in some exercise today

Chrissy,
It may be that you are not eating enough. Sometimes when you do not eating enough food your body will hold on to its weight.

Mel,
How are you doing this morning? More snow? Yuck!

Well I need to get off here and get some housework and stuff done... Yuck on that too Got in most of my exercise this am.. just gonna walk with the boys later today.

Have a good one
Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well Teagan was doing the projectile vomitting thing yesterday but we pumped her full of pedialyte and she is doing much better now, I think she had/has influenza A which is making its way around our community! Ugghhhh!!

I busted my *** yesterday working out and hope to do so again today but today is going to be so emotional for me. Today is the day my sister is "losing" her baby, and I'm going to be there to support her and hold her hand. I feel so bad for her but as I've explained this really isfor the best another pregnancy will literally kill her. So that's where I'll be this morning for a few hours.

Mel,thanks for the chit chat!! I heard back from msn and of course as we all know the problem has been resolved lol. I'm thinking of investing in a domain name for us but not sure yet. I can get one relatively cheap so not a big deal there. I'm still thinking about it though and then to set up our message boards and stuff. Let me know what you think. Of course it would only be to run our challenges and stuff like we do at the msn group.

Penny How's it going girly? Are you getting the exercise in? I'm sure you get enough exercise just running around all day like you do.

Chrissy, don't fret girly, is TOM near? I know I gained like 4 lbs overnight from yesterday alone!! I always retain water when TOM is near but it is gone once TOM arrives.

Welcome to the new faces! It's great to have you here!!

Okay well I have to get ready to go I'll be back later on today I hope!!
Love to you all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #9  
Shake Your Booty!

Michelle~I'm thinking of your sister and you! TOM isn't due till the middle of the month......I'm just so disgusted.

Penny~You could be right maybe I'm not getting enough of my carbs & protien, lord knows I eat a ton of salad and veggies with my meals so I am full full full!

Kendrea~Hope your little guy starts getting better really quick and you start feeling better too!

Chelle~It is so HARD to ignore the scale...I get on every morning, its something I need to do for me. TOM isn't due yet (2 more weeks) so I'm not eating a ton .....yet! LOL
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Chrissy-I was in your boat for the longest time too. If you aren't eating enough, you're body goes into a starvation mode and hold on to every little ounce it can. Eat more. For your weight, 1200 calories is NOT enough. Upping the amount of food I ate helped alot along with knocking out all the sugar and bad carbs like potatoes and pasta.

Penny-Good morning lady! I'm a victim of TOM this morning so I'm going to fight like heck to keep from gaining anything. The trailer is just a tent trailer with just enough room to sleep. It needs some work but DH is going to get it today and take it to his work and do some repairs on it. Oh well, his ex boss Bill said we could just have it so I guess...

Melissa-I did all 3 of the BCDs yesteray and my body is sort of sore but hey I feel great!

Chelle-How's your little girl feeling today? Hope she's feeling better.

Kendrea-I know you weren't feeling so good yesterday either, so how are ya today? How's the little cereal eater liking his food now?

Michelle-You powerhouse! Great job with the points. I gotta do some more just to catch up a bit.

So if anyone wants to see how exciting my hometown was last night...visit the Billings Gazette website. Very intense....

Okay, so far today I go the living room spiffed up. Kayla's bedroom cleaned and vacuumed, my room done, and Nicole's room kind of done...she'll undo it just as fast so what's the point....

I'll get all the junk done this morning and then I can get some exercising in this afternoon. BTW I have a real pet peeve. I'm trying to buy a new pair of jeans and NO ONE CARRIES MANY JEANS IN TALL SIZES!!!! I have gone to so many stores and still come home empty handed. There is never any my size.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Morning ladies,
I'm sick today, I just have been constantly on the toilet and I haven't been able to leave for very long. I imagine that I was in oneunderland last night, cause I can't have anything left inside of me. I feel really weak to and have spent all morning in bed shivering. Can't wait to be better! It is really nerve racking to have little people wandering the house and not being able to see them all the time so I just told them to stay in their room for today in between meals. I am going to be MIA today and maybe tomorrow but I'll as soon as I feel better be back in the swing of things. All of you have a great day! Love ya Gals!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #12  
I will suceed!!!

Maria and Lynne, a proper introduction on my part, I'm Tabitha, 28 year old mom of 4 year old Brianna and 2 year old Jeffery, the lights of my life. I started my weightloss journey at 283 and am down to 244 now. My goal is 150. I found this group of ladies several months ago and have found a very supportive group here. Welcome!

Michelle, my thoughts are with you and your sister today. I know that this must be very hard on her.

Mel, LOL, thanks, that gave me a much needed laugh this afternoon! It would be nice to get snow that lasts for more than one afternoon, but I live in a part of Texas that can't make up it's mind from one day to the next if it's going to be hot or cold. We had a cool summer and a warm winter. Lots of rain, which is unusual. But I am not complaining.

To everyone sick or with sick kids, you guys are in my thoughts. I hope everyone gets to feeling better! 'Tis the season....

I didn't exercise much yesterday, just ran around in the yard with the kids. Which was exercise enough. I have been really down emotionally for the past couple of days, but it's just something that I have to go through. I won't get into it right now, but I have felt wrong every since my h and I talked and we made the decision we did. Anyway, I let myself wallow in it yesterday, but I have to snap myself out of it, so I am going to bury myself in exercise and cleaning today. Have a great day everyone, get to feeling better you guys.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #13  

Roxy, you poor thing I think the sickness diet is cheating though

Chris- Sage is doing fine today. I wish I got over being sick so quickly!

Michelle- I'm so sorry your poor sister has to go through that. She's lucky to have you for support.

Chrissy- I swear my body gears up for TOM like it's a marathon or something. I start having symptoms two weeks before I start- food, then not being able to sleep, then upset stomach, etc. It's ridiculous!
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #14  

Hello.........fly by from me. been really busy today! at least I got some walking in!

Tabitha, glad to make you have a little smile

Roxy....I'm soooo sorry you are sick! That stinks!

Anyway, I've got to get dinner on the table, so I'll try to bbl, but I'm not sure.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a small fly by for me so that I can exercise before dh gets home. Spent most of the day at my sister's house. A person can only spend so much time at home before ya go nuts.

Well gotta go sweat some....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote