Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #1  
Kristen

Default Liking Yourslef

I'm still pretty new to the site, but I've been reading around and I've noticed that a lot of the time we can be really harsh on our bodies as they are right now. We talk about our big fat bellies or how we're an embarassment, but seriously, why can't we talk about things we love about ourselves RIGHT NOW, just as we are? Just because we want to change a few features of our body doesn't mean we have to hate most of the aspects of our appearance until we hit a size 6, 8, 10 or whatever the magic number may be. You may have more to loose than me, you may have less to loose than me, but we all know what it feels like to be overweight. Why do we make it harder on ourselves by being our own worst critics?
There are STILL things to love about how you look when you're overweight, and remembering those things adds to your confidence. The more confidence you have, the more attractive you'll be to other people (not to mention yourself!). And the more confidence you have, the more you feel like you can actually reach your goals.

So I was thinking, maybe we could all post a few things we do like about the way we look right now - it could be anything you want, even if it's just saying you really like your toes.

I really love my hair. No matter what size I am, it's great.
I also love my legs because they always get me to where I'm going. Overall, I'm pretty glad to have them.
kristenlea57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #2  

I love that you thought of that Kristen. I know how you feel, too. I've noticed that the past few months I've been here. I don't like being overweight at all, but I don't hate myself.

And there isn't really anything I hate about my body, either. It's all me no matter how big or small it is. I was thin in my teenage years, yet I still could look in the mirror and see myself as too fat even then. I decided somewhere along the last 10 years that my size wasn't important enough for me to feel bad about myself. And I haven't since. I have CHOSEN to be healthier and live longer, not just be thin.

I know right now that I'm fat, but I don't really think that's a reason to hate myself. I love my hair, my eyes, my smile, and even as an overweight woman, I have a great hourglass figure, even though it's a big hourglass. LOL. And even thought I'm heavy, I'm well distributed. If I weighed this and had another shape I'd look a lot different.

I can still dress up and look GOOD no matter what I wear. I suppose that's my confidence that makes me feel that way, but I DO feel that way, and it makes other people feel that way when you spout it out of yourself, rather than negativities. My husband thinks I am incredibly sexy at any size and shows it to me, but he wouldn't feel that way if I didn't feel that way about myself FIRST.
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #3  

Great post!

I love my eyes and my hair... I love the fact that my body is getting less sore each day that I work out. I love just being here.
billychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #4  

I love my eyes, and I love my shamrock tattoo. My tattoo always makes me feel sexy, no matter what size I am. My husband loves my smile, and I really like the haircut I got recently. I love having tiny wrists and tiny fingers (size 4 1/2 wedding ring even at this weight). I have a slender neck, and my husband loves to see my neck and shoulders.

This is such a nice positive thread. I think it's easy to lose sight of what we like aobut ourselves when we are looking to change.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #5  

One of the things that has stopped me from obsessing about my weight, is I really like me the way I am. I like my curves, and my smile, and I like my arms and hands, they never seem to betray my weight.

Since losing 18 pounds, I have found I have a waist!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Great post to remind us that we are doing this for ourselves so that we can enhance our lives, but still be ourselves.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #6  

Great thread! We tend to forget how utterly fab we are at any weight, so what a great way to remind ourselves! I love my eyes, my lips, my hands and my calves. Even the parts of me that I'm currently not happy with, I still love because they all make up who I am.
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  
jammin on the bandwagon

S/C/G: 245/slider/145

Height: 5'6"

What a terrific thread.
It truly is easy to forget what you like about yourself.

I like my bright smile my big blue eyes and my legs, they barely lost shape at top weight and are just starting to get buff again. Yeahh!

I dig my inquisitive mind even if it gets me in trouble sometime.
I like my humor(got to entertain myself).
shhambo is offline   Reply With Quote