Old 03-01-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Moms Losing Weight #59

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  

Morning all........we are snowed in. THat means dd doesn't have school for a total of a week and a half! At least she's been pretty good. That helps alot! She did all my exercises with me yesterday. Then her kids count exercise video came and she did that as well...It was so cute. I really want to get back to the gym, so I can do some major cardio work. It's gonna be so hard to do it when I get back there, which probably won't be until Thursday. I'm doing exercise, but not nearly the cardio I do at the gym. Ds comes to close to the treadmil when I'm on it, so that's out unless dh is home. I can do my tapes, but somehow, I get interupted and bored too. I want my Arch trainer and Precore machines!!!!!!!!!! Ok, enough of that.

What is on everyone's plans for today?

Kendrea, sorry you and the baby aren't feelng well. Hope you feel better soon!

Kristin, Nice new avatar. Glad you got in a small post. Hope you and family are feeling better soon too!

Chris, HELLLOOOOOOOOOO! Have a good one.

Michellej get you butt moving girl! Exercise is calling you!!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies...
Thought I'd sneak a post in before he had to get ready to take the girls to school.

Melissa-I heard on the news yesterday that there was going to be alot of snow in your area...so tell me, how much did ya get? I hear ya on the videos too. I get interrupted and bored with mine too. I'll be going good and then Nicole will want a drink or a snack or decide she needs to try doing it too (right in the way of me though).

Kristin-Neat avatar pic. I'm in the tailend of the respiratory thingy too. Nasty little bug. I was living on theraflu for a few days. HOpe you all start feeling better soon. I can't wait for this cold/flu season to end. I'm about sick of it.

Okay...enough procrastinating. Gotta go get ready to take the younguns to school. Then I can start my day.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #4  

Chris, oh yeah, I just finished doing a video I don't know how many times I got interupted. They were playing so nice, so I decided to do it and BAM! there they were. Jumpin on me and trying to do the moves and then asking me to help them. I was like "Please let me finish"! So far, it's not a ton of snow, but we are expecting more. Not nearly as much as they said for here. Who know's what will happen tomorrow. Hope you have a good day. ttyl
Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #5  
Shake Your Booty!

I'm here! We have so much dang snow its sickening! My kids obviosly are home today too. We got about 10 inches and there is still some snow (light) falling. My husband will be home from work soon too, he had only 1 run today, he's a truck driver. I lost 1 of those pounds I gained YAY!! I have a question, if I am eating something and it says I can have 6 ounces of fish, is that 6 ounces before or after cooking? or 4 ounces of hamburger, is that before or after? I bought a scale yesterday so I want to do it right.

Melissa~hopefully you'll be back at the gym like you want to be soon Its hard to work out at home with the kids...Tori is under my feet constantly and the other day she walked right near me while I was moving my arms around and I wound up hitting her in the face I felt so bad.

have a wonderful day everyone!!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #6  

We are buried in snow here too. My daughter is on a school delay (not cancelled yet, but snow is still coming down). My hubby just decided he needs to work from home so no peace for me today.

Last night I finally stopped getting sick and my appetite came back with a vengeance so today I'll be getting off my rear and exercising as soon as I either get my daughter off to school or get her away from the tv so I can do a tape. Of course, like the rest of you, as soon as I start something, she either needs something immediately or wants to watch tv. Of course, she's the same with the computer. She'll be up watching tv, I come down to use the computer, and after all of 30 seconds, it's "mom, when can I use the computer?" Little brat

Sounds like a bunch of us have been feeling ill. I hope everyone is doing better today.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning ladies!
How are you eastcoast girls liking all that snow? We are used to it, and it doesn't bother us after the first day. Sometime the first day is bad though! Ugh, I have the bowelly rumble guts and have to make windsprints to the bathroom but I am not sick. I have ds#3 home from school today, it was a shame to keep him home, because he had perfect attendance so far. He certainly wasn't going to go with a fever. I put a pic of dh and Marty's new trick on the msn site if you wanted to see what dh looked like.
I'm glad I got my crunches out of the way yesterday, I don't think that I could have done them today. I will attempt not to wimp out and still get something accomplished! Mel, Michelle, and Penny you are all doing so awesome I have to keep busy to get close to you!

Mel-you and Penny racked up the points yesterday! WTG! I'm glad abby is enjoing her new video! Have fun playing in the snow today! Mel, for the ignorant, what is a precore machine and an Arch trainer? Please explain them, I want to hear what I'm missing out on!

Chelle- sounds like you are snowbound today too. It will be a family funday! Shoveling is good exercise, just don't overdo it!

Chrissy-you too? Snow wonderful snow! To answer your question on the food. When you get a 1/4 burger. That burger is weighed before cooking. In the case of dieting though, when a nutritionist makes up a portion on a plate it is always cooked first. Veggies too. So I would guess that your book would mean after cooking since it applies to nutritional value instead of eye-appeal like the food industry. I'd do it after.

Kristin- Nice Avatar, how's the foot are you 100% yet? How SBD going?

Well, I have to visit the bathroom...gotta run....ttyl
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #8  

Roxy, sorry about the grumbly guts......Hope you feel better! A precore machine is actually a brand, but that's how I refer to it. It's an eliptical thing. It's like walking and stepping at the same time. The ARch trainer is very similar, but I can set it like I'm walking up two stairs at a time. I love it. I feel it really works my butt when I up the incline all the way. I get bored on the treadmil now. I used to love it, but now that i have accomplished so much more, that gets boring for me.

Michellj, you and chris are both in PA. Are you close to each other. Where are you both in PA, I'm about 1 hour from PA up route 80.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies. Can you believe that it's already March and Spring will be here in 19 days!! Aaaahhhhh!! I have so much of this weight to lose Summer will be here before we know it! I haven't been in shorts in years and I would love to wear some this year. We shall see.

That big snow missed me. We got maybe an inch of snow/ice -- actually mush. But if you drive about 45 min. north they got about a foot. It has yet to really snow here. I would love for it to at least once so I can take the baby out in it.

The baby is feeling better but I am not. Unfortunately I am at work though. I really don't want to be here but if I'm not here the place will fall apart. Job security is great.

Anyway -- I am setting my walking goal for 31 miles this month. That's one mile for every day. I'm sure I'll do more but I don't want to be upset with myself if I fail like I did last month. I was 8 miles short. I will make goal this month!! Walking that is.

Melissa -- What kind of videos do you do? I'm always looking to try new ones because I tend to get bored also. Hope you get to that gym soon! Cardio withdrawals -- isn't that great.

Chris -- Hope you have a great day!

Chrissy -- Way to go on the pound lost! I'm not sure about measuring, it confuses me.

Michelle -- Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Roxy -- Hope your stomach problems subside.

Well sorry I was short with everyone, the baby is ready to eat! I just started him on cereal -- so far so good. Have a great day ladies!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile morning ladies

I am home for a day or two because Christian has Scarlet Fever. He is miserable and so am I, I'd love to sleep like a normal person for once.

Glad to see you are all doing so well on your challenge, I am not doing so bad myself. I have been going to the gym like a good girl. I LOVE the elliptical trainers!!

Oooops, diaper duty! I will be back soon!

No snow here, but lots of cold and wind!! Yuck! Glad I stayed home!

Love to you all!!

~Cindi~
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

I thought I had posted this am.... but for some reason it didn't show up

I'm gonna check in later on ... Gonna finish my lunch and take the kids for a walk. We have pretty nice weather here today just windy.

Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #12  

Mel- I'm just south of Pittsburgh.

My daughter went off to school after her 2 hour delay, and I still haven't worked out. Oh well, I got a couple new exercise DVDs in the mail today that I am ready to try. I'm just doing laundry and wasting time on the computer while I wait for my lunch to digest

Do any of you count calories? I'm noticing that depending on which website I look at, the recommended calories are vastly different. I've been sticking with slightly more than 1200 a day (sometimes up to 1300) which honestly is not leaving me hungry at all, but I've seen sites that recommend 1200 calories for my height, age, and weight, some that say 1500, and some that recommend 1900 - 2000.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #13  
Shake Your Booty!

I count calories! I stay under 1200 a day (not because I choose to but thats how my food adds up and I am FULL all the time) but am alloted 1476...go figure weird number! Somedays I go over the 1200 it just depends on how I eat that day.

Roxy~Thanks for the info on weighing my food, that will help with my burger tonight...I'm sooo looking forward to that, without a bun even! I had 1/2 a whole wheat bagle yesterday and I thought it was the best thing in the world! LOL Hope your son is feeling better

Melissa~ I grew up in Jersey (in Maplewood) I now live in Wilson, PA aout 5 minutes west of Phillipsburg NJ

Chris~how is your day going?

Kendrea~hope your feeling better! Being sick is no fun especially when yo have a baby to take care of, I'm sending get well vibes your way.

Cindi~Nice to meet you, hope your son is doing better, poor little guy

Penny~Hiya!! Enjoy your walk!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cindi-Sorry to hear that Christian is a sick little dude. My gosh, if it isn't one thing, it's another huh? Hope he gets better and that you get to be a "normal" sleeping person soon. Congrats on maintaining an exercise program through all this. Good job!

Chelle-I'm not really counting calories. I'm doing SB but I have journaled all my food through the WW website to see if there was a difference and the amount of food I've been eating with SB is a little less than the amount of points I'm alloted with WW. And I don't feel hungry at all, so it must be working because I'm losing.

Well All, DH called me from work today. He'd been hired on at Sears, but his boss at his current job says he'll give him whatever he wants to have him stay. They are doing lunch so we'll see what happens. I know Kelly really likes his job but some of the people are making it very hard to want to stay there. He said it was quite the emotional rollercoaster this a.m. and alot was said so I guess I'll find out his thoughts when he gets home this evening.

Dh's old boss has a tent trailer that he is trying to sell and he said we could just have it. We're going to check it out after dinner tonight to see how much work it needs and if we really want it. The kids have been bugging us about going camping so it would be just the thing to get us there. I'm dying to co camping too...I haven't done that for like 9 years already. My ex and I used to go all the time with friends and family. I really miss the mountains and the trees.

Okay...Nicole just took off with Tiana's dvd. I'm going to go and finish up the messes I've started. I'm half done with laundry. The livingroom is all mopped and the kitchen is almost done. The bathroom is clean and I've set up some stuff in my sewing room. Dh put all the cabinets and countertops in yesterday, bought me a tv and a cushy chair. I'm almost ready to roll. I told him that he must not want me to come out of there at all. It'll be nice to be having my own space.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

ummm okay somethings messed up on my end I need to post this and then see if I can see the posts so just ignore me lol
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote