Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #115

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!!

Angie - YAY for Tanner!! That kid must be very talented! In our part of the state, we're very limited to the plays available. Katie is going with a school group Thursday to see Midsummer's Night Dream. Wish I could go, too, lol. Hope you get the Green Day tix.

Cristi - I also love to entertain, but have cut way back on that since joining WW. Since the kids are grown, you could do like I do, and have ladies' lunches where I try out new recipes on my friends, lol. Since I have so many extended family members in the community, I often invite some of them over for Sunday suppers, or just dessert. I just love planning dinners and picking out napkins, etc for a theme. I have a passion for tablecloths and placemats! The murals sounds great! I went on-line to a mural outlet when I was planning the kids' playroom. Just can't believe all of them available! I'd go with the beach one, if it were me, and hang up a swimsuit that I'd hope to get into come July, lol. Talk about incentive for an exercise room, lol.

As I write this, Barbara Walters is interviewing Jamie Fox. Hope he wins an Oscar tonight! I haven't seen Ray, but saw enough clips to know what a great job he did.

Gotta go - enjoy your Sunday evening!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:05 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,

Marti, thought of you today. My friend Carole told me about this cute lil Jack Russel in the SPCA. So I went online to check, saw the type of dog you like. Called Carole back and she told me about how said this lil dog is....
I went into a spca once,,,came out with a cat. Didn't even make it to the dog pens...
anyways take a look at this poor lil Callie
www.google.com then punch up red deer spca.

Well Im going to go watch the awards....
ttfn
Old 02-28-2005, 01:08 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

The due date will be October 21st, 2005!!!! I tested at about 7am and it came back “pregnant” so I went about my day. I was going to switch the background on the computer so that when Tommy turned on the computer he saw the background that would be the pregnancy test reading “pregnant” but I was trying to get everything all ready since me and Brandon were going out yesterday. So I showed it to Tommy before he jumped in the shower.

Katy~ I am not exactly sure how much he weighs. He was 20lbs. 5oz. in January, and Tommy thinks that he is 25lbs, but I don’t think he is that big. Brandon is already walking by himself when holding on to things that can move, i.e. his walker. He speed walks whenever he is holding onto some ones hands. I am thinking of maybe watching the On Demand things first to see how they work, and then picking from there. They do have a prenatal workout one, so I might check out that one and see how it is.

Cristi~ Brandon grabs ears too. But right now, they have to be daddy’s or Uncle Joe’s ears in order to be grabbed. My sister Beth has three daughters, ages 5, 3, and due next month. When her daughters would bite or get bitten, my sister told them that if they got bit to bite back and that person would learn. I used to baby sit for Tommy’s sister’s daughter and she bit Koryn and Emily numerous times. When they would come tell me that she bit them, I would ask if they did it back. If they said no, then I would tell them to do it back to her and that she has to learn that she can’t bite. Tommy’s sister’s daughter never bite them again. I plan to use that tactic with Brandon as well. Congrats on the lost pounds!!!

Marti~ That place is gorgeous!!!!

Jane~ I got the idea. How are you doing? Jaime Foxx was AWESOME in Ray! I loved it when I saw it! (I’ll admit, I cried when I watched it!)

Angie~ Congrats to Tanner for getting the part!!!!!

Pam~ Your DS sounds like my husband. He loves cars, and is very picky when it comes to what he wants in them. He wants to get a mini van by the time baby #2 comes.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Good Morning!

Just popping in before going about my day. This week we cut back on "screen" time. I've been a little lax in how much tv and computer the kids have, so we are going on a little media diet. When I took Leigh to the doc they had posters everywhere encouraging healthy habits. The habits I realized we need to work on were the "1 hour of screen time a day" and "eat 5 fruits and vegetables". My DS is fine with the fruits and veggies but my daughter is very finicky...so we are going to focus more on grapes and bananas and less on pretzels and goldfish. Wish me luck.. I didn't realize how much time they were spending in front of screens - yikes.

In other news - finally getting some rain here in beautiful Oregon. I'm glad because I planted a bunch of stuff over the weekend, so now it will be watered. Leigh goes to speech today....and, as always, there is laundry ( good ol' Mt. Washmore)

WI on Sat. said no change I've noticed some fluctuations lately as I am PMSing, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Mindee - congrats on the pregnancy - bet Tommy is excited. I did alot of prenatal yoga and water aerobics at the community center when I was pregnant w/DD - saved my back, let me tell you. Come to think of it, I did water aerobics with both kids - I could do it right up until due date practically. I think I stopped at 38 weeks just 'cause I had a hard time getting around and just wanted to sit on my behind

Jane - Did you watch the Oscars? I was glued, as I am every year. Thought the dresses were all very glam - didn't see any stinkers. Liked all the winners, though I do wish Martin Scorsese would win a directing Oscar at some point. I did see the Aviator and thought it was really good - but Scorsese has done better ( Good fellas comes to mind) Jamie Foxx gave a great acceptance speech, IMO

Have a great day everyone

Old 02-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

Okay, lost yet another post, not sure why. I have had a post and gone to another site and come back and my post still be here. Apparently not anymore so I will have to remember to just post and then go to another site for fear of losing my post.

Not much going on here in my little corner of the world. Have laundry to get done, which is a given on most days. Do some vacuuming and that's it. Figure out what's for dinner.

Jane~oh, I think my entertaining days are over and have been for a while, except for an ocassional family member dropping in on their way somwhere else. I was the host for so many years I am at the point that I just want to be a guest now. And of course that is not going to happen as I know no one here in KS.

Mindee~CONGRAT'S on the pregnancy!

Hi Katy, and everyone else wherever you are.

That's about all I have for now. Take care ladies and have a good one.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

What I thought would be a great weekend turned out w/me on the couch sleeping all day yesterday because I felt horrible. I kept apologizing to Jhanai and she kept telling me it's ok, then giving me kisses on my forehead. James & I took her home, then I went back to sleep.....and then woke up just a few minutes ago!! How much sleep did I need????

Jane--I've never really entertained before....never had a place big enough for it....(12ft trailor doesn't cut it) and now that James & I are together we just don't do it. Maybe someday. We'd like to get some friends together for a BBQ. Someday...I was thinking of having a couple friends of mine over this weekend to watch a movie.

Angie--I tried looking for this Callie....where is she? Is it a dog or cat? I did check out the site. those sites are always so sad! Some animals are just terrible looking and I wonder how much pain they must be in. Congrats to Tanner and getting the part!! I've seen the movie "Noises off" It has Carol Burnett , John Ritter, Christopher Reeves in it...among others that I can't remember. I liked it....have you seen the movie?

Mindee--Congrats to you on another baby.

Katie--Isn't it nice to have some rain here? (never thought I would say that!!) Yesterday it poured...which was nice and refreshing...today looks gloomy, not sure if it will rain or not. James & I talked about how we need to clean up our yard and beautify it before our neighbors consider us the "Lazy couple"....which we are! Need to pull some dead flowers out of the front and mow our lawn.......

Cristi--I've seen that show you were talking about on TLC. I found it to be interesting! I've only seen it once though. The one I seen, one couple had painted the house in reds and zebra stripes. I liked it, even though I would never do that to my house. I've also been watching Town Haul. I had watched the first few shows then got busy during the others....I didn't know they finished the town already!! And I hear they're moving to another small town!! I too love those kinds of shows.

Susan, Jenn, Ellen, Pam, Katie, Kathy, Kayecee......and all you other girls that I have missed....how are you all doing? Drop us a line and let us know. We miss hearing from you.

James got our hotel room reserved saturday night. I was thrilled. I started thinking and didn't realize that it was only two weeks away!! Time is going to go by fast! We decided to leave Monday night instead of Tuesday...that way we are driving at night most of the way when the traffic isn't so busy. Thats our hopes anyway. Plus...we want to get to our hotel room in the day and get our days started.

Wednesday night is Jhanai's play night....one girl in her class is no longer in Choir so Jhanai picked up a couple more lines. I'm not bring my camcorder this year...I'm just going to buy the video that they tape for the parents. They get better views anyway. I'm hoping James can come w/me, but he may have to work.

Ok ladies...I need to clean up my house..Things I want done before I leave on vacation...and the way I've been feeling, it will take me the full two weeks to get it done!! Not really!

Take Care!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Okay, back again!

Just wanted to give a heads up to my new username. Actually, it's not new as apparently I thought about changing it a while back but never used this one. I am just not liking the name thingy since I do have my name in my signature-kind of Cristi overkill. Don't really care for the name Cristi but has kind of stuck with me here. Also, thought, why not start the new month tomorrow (can you believe it?!) with a new username.

Anyway...so don't think it is a new member when you see MommaBear, just me.

Marti~bet you guys are counting down the days! I know I would be. I've had weekends where all I want to do is sleep. Shoot, today is one day I wish I could just lay in bed, my back is killing me! Unfortunately, have too much to get done, uh, in between playing on the computer! LOL

Okay, I am outta here for now!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #9  
PamPSM644

Ummm. Cristi, Like the new user name. So you are a Camero fan. Me to, all except the years after 79 and up to the 90s. The gas shortage put a scare into the GM and they made some real blunders temporarly with Camero. DS also has a 70 Chevelle,very healthy by moter-head standards.(See , I even have the lingo down. ) I can't tell you how many times guys have come up to me and asked me to sell it to them.

Mindee, What a good guy Tommy is. Wants a mini van for his growing family. I think they are very useful but my son wouldn't be caught dead in it. I bet he'd change his mind if he had two babies though. Cudos to Tommy for putting family before ego.

Pam
Old 02-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Good evening ladies,

Katie, I cried along with Jamie Fox,,,what a wonderful speach. And then with Hilary Swank she made me all teary. Gawd I hope Tanner doesn't ever bring up all the things I say to him...lol Kidding all I say is, sing like no one is listening, act like no one is watching, and you are NOT Tanner _____! Why act like him. And if you don't get the part,,,it don't matter cause kid you've got enough going on!

Congrats Mindee! It would be cooling off by then right?

Mommabear....I like the name Cristi....

Marti, you can go into www.reddeerspca.com then go to who's up for adoption then go to the dogs. Breaks my heart, my friend Carole said this lil Callie was abandoned and is so scared she won't move from her bed, won't eat...

well gotta run Medium is on.....
Old 03-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #11  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Katy~ Yup, Tommy is very excited!! I will check and see if I can find any prenatal yoga dvds at the stores. I will try and pick some up if I can find them.

Cristi~ Thanks for the congrats! I like the new username.

Marti~ Thanks for the congrats!! I hope you feel better soon!

Pam~ Right now we have a ’92 Dynasty, so there really isn’t that much ego into it. He just figured that since the family is expending, we should get a bigger car to accommodate for it.

Angie~ Thanks for the congrats! Yeah, it should be cooling off by then…..I hope. As long as this summer doesn’t get that hot, I can do it!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Smile

It's March!

Angie - some day you'll probably be in the Oscar's audience, watching Tanner pick up his statuette! What're you gonna wear, lol??? And can I come, too????

Katy - fully understand about too much screen time! Some of the kids' shows are pretty good, though. Dora the Explorer is so educational, with just enough silliness thrown in to make it fun. (I'm a personal fan of the highly misunderstood Swiper, lol) About the Oscars, I thought the best dress was Kate Winslet's!!

Cristi - love the new name! If you want us to call you Cristina, we'll go along - just let us know by how you sign off. We follow your lead on that. I too, like being the guest at times. Something to be said for just showing up, lol. My friends and I take turns. Well, when it's Marquita's turn, she takes me out, which is fine by me, lol.

Marti - omg, I am so excited for you and James! How far is it to to SF from where you live? As I said before, I love the room! Have you got a mental list of places you want to see? It would be fun to just do what sounds fun at the time. Which days will you be gone? I know Jhanai will be great in the program!

Mindee - congrats on the new addition! Are you guys' parents all excited?

We had so much fun in Evansville yesterday! Went to two malls, plus the Burlington Coat Factory and Target. (Tar-jhay, dahling!!) I got some new church clothes, a few spring casuals, some new lampshades for the bedroom bedside lamps, a pair of navy clogs and a pair of white slingbacks. Always need more shoes, right? One of the malls is small, but has a huge craft shop in it, and we didn't miss an aisle, lol.

Today I'm going to lunch with my sweetie and then we're going to find a new door for the patio's screened in porch. He's got some extra time today, which is cool.

What're your plans for the day?

Ciao!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #13  
Give me strength

Take on the world !

No really, work then rehearsal. I don't know how I am going to fit Tanner's rehearsal in.
Did you watch Medium last night? So good... I had to watch the late one so it was midnight before I got to bed, then Tanner's band rehearsal starts at 7 am,,,arghh Forgot to get Brandon's bus pass so was scrambling to do all this before 7:45
Did I tell you he went and got his belly button pierced? First a tattoo now a piercing?

Jane, a girl can never have too many shoes, diamonds or clothes. I am waiting patiently for Tarjayyy to come here....going to have to go to Montana.

Well I should get going, shower and head to work..yay
ttfn
Old 03-01-2005, 10:59 AM   #14  
a work in progress

Default ~

Happy March, Ladies!!!

Just a quickie this morning...gotta finish getting ready for work...

Pam, congrats on the new car! Before we bought our new Kia, whenever we went on long road trips we would rent a car, because our other cars weren't in such great shape and had high mileage -- would be awful to break down in another town far, far away. We rented an Alero once when we went to Tahoe for a long weekend, and were very impressed! It was luxurious and comfortable, and handled beautifully up on the mountain roads.

Angie, congrats on Tanner getting the part! Now I need to read up on Pippin and find out what it's all about. That's so cool that he's following in your footsteps with his love of theater. I saw the movie "Noises Off" and loved it. Good luck on getting Green Day tix. My 13 year old got me "American Idiot" for Christmas, and it's a great CD. Tried to get NIN tix for his bday, but they sold out in 9 minutes and we couldn't even get into the website with our cable connection because it was just so busy The venue was really small, so hopefully they will come back through town to a bigger place.

Marti, Tim and I went to SF for my 40th bday (September 2003), and we had a blast! We stayed in Union Square (I had won a free night's stay at a really ritzy old hotel), went to Alcatraz, and the Museum of Modern Art. I know some cool places to check out, if you are looking for suggestions. I've lived in Northern CA since I was 18, and that weekend was the first time I ever rode a cable car (had to wait forever and it was incredibly crowded like a sardine can, but worth the experience, LOL). One tip -- parking almost everywhere is a FORTUNE. Take public transportation if it will work for you. Oh, and Biscuits and Blues is a cool place for dinner if you like blues music and Southern food.

Mindee, congrats on your new little one on the way! My youngest used to butt his head against people if he was mad, but never got me in the nose that I remember. My oldest used to bang his head on the ground when he wasn't getting his way. He did that once in the parking lot of a McDonald's when he was two -- I told him we had to leave the playground and he didn't want to go, so he dropped to his knees and banged his forehead on the hot asphalt. Then he looked up with shock, and the expression on his face was, "Oh, man, that hurt a lot more than I expected"...and he never banged his head on the ground anymore after that!

Cristi -- MommaBear -- Cristina...whatever you want, we'll call you that! And I understand about not wanting to play hostess for a while. I really can't for more than a couple of people because my house is small and crowded. And I always stress like crazy trying to clean and straighten up and have a hard time relaxing and enjoying my company.

ACK! I'm out of time...this was supposed to be short and sweet, but I get on a roll and start yakking...hi to everyone else...Jane, Susan, RosieKate, Ellen...

TWO MORE WEEKS TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Gotta fly...

Katiecat
Old 03-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello ladies and Happy first day of March

Pam~yeah, love the cameros! Had a '87 back in '87 and really liked it. Wasn't really a family car though so moved up. But I really like the classics, '69 cameros, '69 chevelles, and mustangs, great cars and year! DD wants a chevelle really bad but to find a '69 in cherry condition is outrageously priced. But some I suppose are well worth the money. They are just great cars and made so good, not like cars today. Anyway, CONGRAT'S on your Alero, they are nice cars too!

Jane~a woman can never have too many shoes! Or clothes! Okay, maybe too many clothes. DD and I were talking yesterday about how we need to clean out our closets and get rid of clothes we don't wear. I always keep that rule in the back of my head, if you haven't worn it in the last year or over a year get rid of it. So I think we are going to hit the consignment store. I have some dressy dresses I just don't want anymore, as well as some jackets and dress shoes that have hardly been worn. Hey, gotta make room for new clothes! They also have a furniture on consigment store that I may be taking my dining room furniture to. Their add says they don't make any profit fromt he sale of your furniture but I am thinking that maybe they will do it as long as you buy from their new furniture store. Which would be fine as long as they have what I am looking for. Haven't called them yet to see exactly what the deal is. May have to take a pic of it to put on the board at V's work. I forgot that you went to Evansville yesterday but am glad you guys had fun.

Angie~that's the first time I have heard of a guy getting a belly ring. Does Brandon like it? I think that is cool that Tanner is following in her footsteps with the theatre.

Katiecat~I too would stress over getting the house spotless before company, still do. Even though I know they don't come over to see my house. I always want things to be perfect, or pretty close to it. Then it just gets too be too much. Maybe because I am older and not into it so much. When I was younger it was nothing to have 10-20 people over for a BBQ on a Friday, or family over for a holiday dinner etc. Of course now I live in a different state and no one is close so...you and Tim are going to have so much fun at Disneyland. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Katy~totally understand about the kids watching too much tv. I always let the kids watch but mostly kid friendly shows. Of course back then it was Romper Room in the morning before school and after it was Seasame street, they also liked Care Bears and Rainbow Brite. Of course I did slip and let them watch He-Man. Does anyone remember that cartoon? They palyed a lot though. Hope that and working in more fruit and veggies with them works out. I know when the kids were that small they hated most veggies but we had a two bite rule. So they had to eat at least two bites. And if they were caught throwing something in the trash they had to eat an extra bite. Oh, they hated me. LOL I have always liked most veggies and always fix at least one with dinner so it was eat that or nothing. Luckily they loved bananas, apples, oranges and watermelon. Funny how finicky they are now.

Ellen~hope you are feeling better and hope you can check in with us soon. We are missing you.

Susan~what's up with you girly? Hope everything is fine with you, the girls and Rocky.

Marti~I was going to suggest what Katiecat suggested to see while in SF. I think Alcatraz is a must (for me anyway), but...you have to get those tickets in advance sometimes. They sell out pretty fast. Funny, she listed all that we (me and DD) are going to see when we go. DD loves the museums so that is at the top of the list and we also want to see China Town. Plus drive up the coast. I just think the west coast has the most beautiful beaches. Whatever you guys do you will have fun.

Mindee~when will you go to the doc to confirm the due date? I had my kids close in age. The boys are 17 months apart and then the youngest boy and DD are 23 months apart. I wanted them to be close in age. It actually worked better for me that way.

Well, a new month is upon us. I can't believe how fast these months seem to fly by. And I still feel I haven't accomplished anything.

This week is a slow week for me, not much going on. So just sticking around the house getting things cleaned and waiting by the phone in the hopes I get a call for an interview. I applied at http://www.old-cowtown.org and am hoping to get on there. I love that place, so cool, check it out if you want. It's just for a cashier in the gift shop. Although, I would love to be one who dresses up and works in the town. Going to go with V later to the foot doc and then out for an early dinner and get some paint at Lowes. We painted the two doors and I like the look of the front door but the door in the kitchen looks AWFUL! ICK! The appliances are white and the fridge is next to the door, plus add the oak cabinets and that door in between just doesn't go. So we are going to paint it some kind of white, I just need to decide what shade. You wouldn't think there would be so many shades of white. And how can it be considered white if there is a brown, peach or pink tint to it? Doesn't make sense Oh well....

Take care ladies and have a wonderful first of March day!

Last edited by MommaBear04; 03-02-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread