View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
aleka

Good morning everyone,

The sun is shining today. We really had a good storm(s) come through during the day yesterday. We even had a tornado watch out, which I didn't realize until I watched the 6:00 pm news. I am glad I didn't know about it earlier because Lacee & I were here all alone, as DH was working. I wouldn't have been able to relax the whole day. I do have a plan in the event if we do have one sometime down the road.

I'm going to lunch this afternoon with my former neighbor on the street where I lived in NH. Her and her DH bought a place in the same city where I live. They called a few weeks ago to let us know they were here for the winter. Her and her DH are our age. So, we'll see how things go. We weren't that friendly with them in NH, just passing acquaintences.

Anne, you are doing so fantastic with your weight loss. 20 lbs. is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!! How much longer until the new company takes over the reins at the hospital? Hopefully things will be less stressful for you this week. Many years ago when I was working full time, one of the departments in the company I worked for, told the women that they could no longer use the ladies room between lunch and their breaks. One of the ladies brought in a litter box and some kitty litter to get her point across. It worked because they were allowed to use the ladies room.

Nikki, we used to feed the squirrels when we lived in NH. When the squirrel box was empty they raided the bird feeders. So, we made sure the box was full. We used to get a kick out of the ways they used to try and get to the bird feeders. They really are smart. I've only seen 1 gray squirrel since we've been here. We have a few cats that live outside and they're really fat, I hate to think what their food source is.

Lynn, hope you had a good weekend.

Have a great day everybody.
Catch y'all later.
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 02-28-2005 at 08:55 AM.