Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #1  
on my way down again

Default Weekend Chat Feb. 26-27

Good morning. What is everyone up to this weekend?
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #2  
on my way down again

Don't mind me, I'll talk to myself for a while. hehe

Hi Leenie, As I'm trying to catch up on posts, I noticed your cute Easter add-ins with your Avatar picture. You are creative on the computer.

Brenda, After reading your Thursday post, I'll be thinking of you, your father, and family on Wednesday. I'll pray for a speedy recovery for him.

You've got that right with hospital food. It's all pasta caseroles, bread and carbs and sugar. Even the meat is breaded.

Last edited by Sonnet; 02-26-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hey Sonny, thanks for the Avitar complements, but I didn't do it. A friend of mine does LOL. She just emails me the changes and poof there they are LOL. I have no time to have such fun anymore

So how's every little thing ? whats everyone got planned for the weekend? Nothing much here, just cleaning and relaxing.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Sonnet: Hope your weekend is/went well! Thanks for the prayers..we'll need them!

Leenie: You always DO have great avatars. I never bother to switch mine. I should. I think I have holiday ones stashed around. Maybe someday I'll manage to remember to do that. lol. Hope all is going well with you this weekend.

**Be prepared for long post**
Well, after much debate with myself, I've realised I've GOT to quit my job. I mean, how many times can a person be screwed over in the same job before finally having enough? I like the work, but not the one boss. And the other boss (the one I call the nice one) doesn't stick up for herself let alone me on this one. So what's a person to do? Continue to get screwed over? Let them continually rip me off money that is righfully mine? I mean, if it was just this once? Ok, I'd let it go. But this isn't the FIRST time I've had to fight to get paid what I'm due. All because she isn't even IN the office when I get in, she's upstairs (attached office to her house) and hears me come in and looks at THOSE clocks. Which are NOT in sync w/the office clock. So is it any wonder I got PO'D and lost my temper? Well, add some pent up frustration (from the job) and getting screwed over too many times, mix a little PMS and you've got MAJOR temper. Truthfully? If they got a punch clock I'd probably stay working there. But that won't happen. And I'm sure if they DID get a punch clock the would make my life a living No, we really can't have me not working (even part-time). But DH also doesn't want me stressing like I have been. He's such a sweetheart! I went on Friday and applied at Wal-Mart & emailed my resume to an ad in the paper here in town. DH said I don't have to go back to work. That I could stay home.....and clean house He knows I hate doing that. But it DOES need a good cleaning. I've got off this whole week. Tomorrow I have to go get the GS cookies so that day is shot. I can clean Tuesday. Wednesday is my dad's surgery so that day is no good. Thursday and Friday I can clean. And you're all thinking "it's going to take THAT many days to clean a house. How bad did that woman let it get." Well, not as bad as some houses...but worse than the clean ones Today I'm going to be putting the girls new beds together.
*somewhat end of rant for the day*

Question: How many weeks would you give someone that screws you over? The full 2 weeks? Or would you be generous and tell them you'll work there until they find your replacement? If you give the 2 weeks..would you count the week you took off?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #5  
on my way down again

Hi all! I did nothing this weekend.

Brenda, Sorry to hear about your terrible situation at work. What a drag to have two times in one office...do they think they have a time zone line throught the middle of the building? I say give your 2 week notice, and do it for yourself since other jobs will call them to hire you and wouldn't really like that. Also don't count that week off. hehe Don't offer "until they find a replacement or you" either.
just my opinion for your question.

Good luck too with your job applications!

Last edited by Sonnet; 02-27-2005 at 10:52 PM.