Old 02-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight #55 TGIF!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to a wonderful man and looking to lose about 100 pounds. Losing weight through by sticking with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercising
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #2  

We ended up getting 5.6" of snow yesterday so my poor husband has been outside shoveling the driveway for an hour. I can't do it because I pulled a muscle in my back last time and ended up being useless for 2 weeks afterward

Today is good because I got to update my avatar, and I'm already 2 pounds into my 5 pound St. Patrick's Day goal
Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #3  
I will suceed!!!

WTG! You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up...

Busy day today. Have to work, clean, and exercise! LOL Took a day off yesterday on exercising to give my poor legs a break. Also, I had some chocolate yesterday, and ate a few too many. Not total pigging out, but I still feel like I had a bit too much.

I hope everyone has a great day today. BBL...

Last edited by Redskirt1; 02-25-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
I will suceed!!!

Default Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just weighed in for my online fitness journal, and I am down another 2 pounds. 246!!!!!! WooHoo! I just had to share that with you guys. I am really excited. My h says not to get too excited, it's probably just water or something. I told him to hush, I will celebrate every pound thank you very much!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all,
Got the shock of a lifetime this morning. I couldn't find any clothes to wear this morning and i was diggin in the closet. I found a pair of size 16 jeans that I got off ebay and threw them back in. DH said to try em on...he figured they'd fit. Guess what? THEY DO! I'm going to have to do some clothes shopping sometime huh?

Chelle-Have fun with that snow...

Michelle-We're really sunny down here on the bottom half of the state too. Yah, I bet it will be a bad fire season. Sorry to hear about your sister's pregnancy. My younger sister Janet had really super high blood pressure when she had her first one. The hospitalized her for almost 2 weeks in the end because she had to lay flat to keep her pressure down. She had one more after that but she's not having anymore. That high risk thing is hard. Sorry. I know this is hard for you all.

Tabitha-Work work work those legs.... Are they any less sore today?

Okay gotta go fold some clothes. YUCK! Dh is home and being the drill sgt. TTFN and talk to ya later.

~chris

~
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

We posted at the same time...Tabitha...

Congratulations!

Good good job!!!

~chris
Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  

Good morning! Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. Work has been really busy then I've also started a Bible study with my Mom and Aunt this week -- plus getting ready for my nephew's 1st birthday! So many things this week but it's great to be busy, means I'm not sitting at home on my rear!!

We are starting my son on cereal tomorrow. I'm so excited. He's only 3 months 1 week but I think he's ready. We will see how it goes.

I am happy to report that I have lost one pound this week. It's tough for me to lose weight so one pound is great for me! So 3 to go to reach the St. Patty's goal! Woo hoo.

Michelle -- Wow send some of that snow my way. I want to get at least one good snow this year for my son! Way to go on the pounds lost!!

Redskirt (sorry can't remember your name) -- Hope your day goes as planned. Unfortunately I have to have some sort of chocolate everyday, I think I bleed chocolate!

Well I have more work to do! I will check back in with you ladies later on. Stick to plan!!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning ladies!

Well I certainly feel better than I did yesterday and am optomistic about today. I had my normal weigh in day for today. I am down to 235! So I have lost 4lb.s this week, I have two days left to go for the blc weigh in will I be down a little more by then? Maybe??!! I would be great! I know I have exercise more this week than in a decade! So I have to break this stagnant scale cycle of mine. I hope everyone has a good weigh in!
I will definitely be working out more today cause I didn't do any yesterday!

Tabitha- shame on you! Chocolates! Naughty, Naughty! Get right back up on the wagon! These eight weeks you are really going to see some results, don't give in to bad eating! You are doing so great on your exercises though, I found it hard to keep from nibbling when I started out working out harder.

Chelle- thanks for starting the thread today. We had 7" of snow around here with a little more on the way. Only a tiny bit more I hope! I an really gearing myself for spring! WTG on the weight loss!!! Awesome! You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Mel- sorry I never got back to you last night. I was going through insanity here. It seems to be better today. We all made it through the night without throwing up! Yah! Thanks for the weight/resistance tips I saved those and am going to do those later. You are such a good trainer! I have alot to make up for today, and just when I thought I could have a more relaxing weekend. That's okay, I got myself out of shape, I have to pay the piper!

Deana-My e.t.! You are hadly ever around anymore, but I wanted to tell you how awesome your pics look on the blc start up, you are really down! WTG!! I suppose you have to lose weight with that frantic schedule you have! You really don't have time for yourself at all do you?

Chris- anymore word about your mom's treatments? Does she have to have any radiation or anything? Or did they get everything? That would be the ultimate!!!

Kristin- are you able to workout on the foot better? Is it back to skin color yet? You are doing so great on the challenge too, well everyone is, I'm so proud of you all!!

Jeniqua- nice talking to you last night, hope all will turn around for you soon. You are in my prayers! Glad DH is feeeling better.

I better get going before I lose more of this catch up day, cause I really have to catch up! LAUNDRY beckons! TTYL!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Chris-Whoo Hoo! A size 16!!!!! Doesn't that feel sooooo good?!!!!!! All right! All that work is paying off! Congratulations!

Michelle- I'm so sorry to hear about your sis. How sad, she must just be devastated! I glad you are there for her. Is she older or younger than you are?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #10  

Tabitha Congrats on the two lbs down!!

Chris, WOW that's great! I bet you feel on top of the world right now. I know everytime something smaller fits I'm like a new person for a few days....Great Job!

ROxy, 4 LBS that is awesome! You must feel fantastic! I peeked yesterday and I was up a lb....oh dear, it's so difficult for me. Doens't help with those Swiss rolls wednesday and that birthday cake yesterday. But a pound.....oh well....back to the grind.

HEy Kendrea!

Michellej, thanks for starting the new thread.

I've been in dd's room for 3 hours cleaning this morning and I still have the rest of the house to go....Holy MOly! SO, I took a brief break to check in. Hope everyone is having a good day......bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Roxy-My mom got her lab results back and the cancer didn't spread to any of her lymph nodes, so she doesn't need chemo or radiation. They will keep an eye on this and watch for any signs of trouble though.

Okay...gotta go to my doctor appt. See ya in a bit.

~chris
Old 02-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #12  

Tabitha - tell your husband to hush. Even if it is water weight, it's still pounds on your body that aren't there anymore, right? WTG on the loss!

Chris - I can't even remember the last time I bought anything to go over my rear end in a size other than L or (more likely) XL. I've been afraid to see the numbers. Isn't it wonderful putting on a different size when you didn't even realize you were there?

Kendrea- you can have ALL of the snow. I hate snow. Of course, I also hate being hot. I think I'm just a natural complainer about the weather Give me someplace that is 60-72 year round!

Roxy- you are always a few pounds ahead of me. I'm going to have to workout more and post less if I expect to see one-derland around the time you do. Good job on the loss!

Mel- I should be cleaning... hmmm. I've noticed whenever I think I should be cleaning, I end up reading these forums instead. Do you think it's a coincidence?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Ummmm....is there an echo here???...is there an echooo heeerrreee?????
Where did everybody go? Where did everybody goooo???? Is someone there?
Is someone thereeee????? Shucks! Shuuuucksssss!

Update: Slowly losing my mind-
Well, if nobody is going to talk I'll just talk to myself. The girls are driving me nuts, I can't emphasize this enough. I suppose they are over being sick. They are upstairs supposed to be cleaning up their rooms. I am downstairs cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. trying to get a handle on this weekend. I have half of my workout done and will do some more a little later. On the bright side my thighs aren't so sore anymore! Really! I am so happy! So I can start the new bcds and not remain a cripple. I was going to make something great for supper, but I changed my mind and it will be bread and water for the girls, and just water (i suppose) for me. Did I tell you that they are driving me nuts? I can't wait for school on Monday. Further updates later...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #14  

Roxy, you are too funny. I know how you feel..Girls have a way of making you nutty I know. I've also been cleaning................ALLLLLLLLLLL DAYYYYYYYYYY...........THis is my first break pretty much, other than my last post. I've been cleaning since 9am or alittle before. It's now after 5. I am ready to collapse. I even changed the shower curtain, hung my new little wall thingy's in the bathroom, scrubbed the shower curtain liner, cleaned the kids rooms, mine, bathroom, kitchen, dining room,....heck the whole house other than my family room. DH vaccumed, 4 rooms and shoveled some snow for about 1/2 hour and wanted to know why I was cranky....lol. Well, ****, I said, if you were cleaning all day you'd be cranky too. He said, NO, Tired maybe, but not cranky....YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! ok, enough venting. have a good day! No exercise on this end. I don't feel like it....
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Super slow day on here today. I got my dr. appt done. My mom up to hers to get her staples removed and then babysitting all day. Guess how many staples my mom had? 28! Insane!

Anyhow didn't get much done today. The family...almost all of them were over here today and this cold is kicking me in the butt!

Roxy-Add me in the group of insane parents. Mine drive me nuts on a regular basis. Like everyday.

Michelle-I was sooo shocked when I fit in those jeans. I had no idea. I was so proud and basking in the glow of it, strutting my stuff, until...Nicole spilled hot chocolate all over me and her. So much for the strut.

Okay..Hi Melissa, Michelle, and all the other MIA mom's out there.

Gotta jam, sweeties. I have to go get some stamps to mail off those dreaded bills.

~chris