Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 06:01 PM   #1  

Angry LA WeightLoss #30

Thought I'd start a new one. We had gotten to 3 pages! Going on vacation tomorrow. Hope every one has a great week! I will catch up with you all later in the week!

Janie
Old 07-01-2001, 06:30 PM   #2  

Hi guys
After my 5 pound lose yesterday--I was feeling great, and like I said yesterday--I have no cravings or wants of anything else, but, what I have to eat. Last night, my hubby wanted to try a Brazilian buffet (Braserio)--I wasn't happy---I know with a lot of buffets, it is quantity of food--not quality. Anyway, what made it easy was, I only ate protein. I had a taste of the paella--the rice and calamari was not tasty---so--it made it good because I wasn't tempted into eating delicious spanish rice. I didn't have my bar at night, because I knew I had moe then my share of protein for dinner--plus, I was so full from dinner--I didn't need the bar.
Today--today is another story. I took my boss out to lunch today for her birthday. We went to a place called Gash of Japan. It was TERRIFIC!!! They make the food right in front of you.It was fun. ANyway----I had some filet mignon and shrimp---I know--I shouldn't have had the two combined---and I shouldn't have beef the 1 st week after doing Jet Start--but, I guess I am just doing my Jet Start a few more days!!!!!!! (Fooling myself)---I only had one spoonful of rice the rest was veggies and protein. I had 3 glasses of water there and had 50 ounces since I came home---32 ounces this morning--I am WAY over my 64 ounces. I have to drink that sodium out of me.
I will probably weigh in Tuesday or Wednesday since I didn't follow 100% this weekend. I know I didn't gain anything because there were no carbs---we'll see.
Anyway---it has cooled off a little here in NY---we are having really bad rain this afternoon (thunder and lightning)---it will stay cool for a little while anyway.
Hope everyone is doing great.
It was exciting today--I wore a sundress that I wore and fit into a few years ago---my hubby and son insisted that it looked terrrific (it did)
My husband has been so terrific with this entire dieting thing and he is so happy. I called him to let him know about the 5 pounds. When he saw me---he said "Hi skinny" Well---I think another 30 pounds and I will be back to my old self. It doesn'y seem too bad---since I already lost 50---30 doesn't seem likeit will be too far off---especially with my motivation!!!
Hope you are all doing GREAT!!!!!!!
Take Care
Margaret
Old 07-02-2001, 07:47 AM   #3  

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone! Well I didn't do so well over the weekend. I didn't get all of my veggies in and fruits. I also had wine last night. Well, back on track today! I will go and weigh in tomorrow. I need to recoup a little today. LOTS OF WATER! Margaret, congrats on looking great in your sundress! It is wonderful having support like that. Last night I looked at my husband and said, do you know how much weight I've lost? He said 10 pounds? I was like yea! He was so excited for me. I guess its really just hit me. I have been trying for 2 years to lose and finally I have. I guess I am just scared that it all a joke. I know that sounds silly, but I just can't believe it. Now only 41.5 pounds to go!
I hope everyone has a great "on the plan" day!
Marcie
Old 07-02-2001, 11:39 AM   #4  

Default What is LA or LAWL?

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly is LA or LAWL as it is referred. I've looked at several LA threads but cannot decern what this program is.

Any web-links would be appreciated

Thanks

-John
Old 07-02-2001, 02:11 PM   #5  

Hi, everyone! It looks like you all are doing great! I ahve gained at my weigh in today. I don't know why. I think the last counselor weighed me incorrectly or something. I should ahve lost. I am eating perfectly On Plan. I will keep trying and see how well Friday's weigh in goes.

We may not get our vacation at the end of the month. I don't want to bore all of you with details but my hubby may not get off work. He is too important to be gone while someone else is on vacation as well. This is what his boss told him. He isn't the final decision maker. I am upset and hopefully they will give him some time off. It is the only time he can take till next year. He really needs the break. Maybe, someone will realize he needs the time. I need a break also!

Marcie, you are doing great! Over 50 pounds is awsome. i remember how wonderful I felt then! You should be proud and don't worry about the restaurant you deserved it! I keep trying to tell myself also that the last pounds should be easy. I am getting bored but I am trying so hard. Good Luck!

Janie and sharon, how are you 2 doing out of town?

John, We are all members of LA Weightloss Diet center. It is a program we all follow you can visit their web page for more info and to see if a center is near you. www.laweightloss.com

I will talk to all of you later!
Karen
Old 07-02-2001, 03:26 PM   #6  

Default L A Weightloss on vacation

Hi Friends,
Went to Laweightloss this morning and lost 3 pounds since I have been here at my Mom's
She joined today. Hopefully this will do good for her too.
I am at a total loss of 36 1/2 pounds in 13 weeks.
This will really help me here since my MOm is on the program too.
She starts her jet start tomorrow. Just got back from Kroger to get her unlimited steak. She may as well enjoy it now.
They are very nice here too.,
Hope everyone has a great holiday.
Sharon44 Chapel Hill, TN
(From My Mom's in Waterford Michigan)
Old 07-02-2001, 05:38 PM   #7  

Sharon, 36 pounds in 3 weeks????? THAT IS AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!!! Good luck to your mom also!

Marcie
Old 07-02-2001, 06:39 PM   #8  

hi everyone
well i stayed the same after the weekend at 201.5.
margaret congrats on the 5 lbs i wish i could do that maybe some day i will
sharon that's great 36.5 in 13 weeks
talk to you all later
dee
Old 07-03-2001, 09:23 AM   #9  

Default HI

Karen,
Hope you get your needed vacation. Sometimes it is just good to get away. Hope your husbands employment realizes how important a rest is.
Margaret,
5 pounds is a great loss.
DEE DEE,
Thanks for the compliment.
Tomorrow is the big day. Hope everyone does ok.
Mom started her Jet Start today and we just got done eating breakfast.
Hope she does good with this. She has to weigh in on Friday.
Happy 4th everyone.
Sharon44
Old 07-03-2001, 11:35 AM   #10  

It sounds like all you ladies are doing great on L.A. Weightloss. I am more than 100 lbs. overweight and am thinking about joining. I do Weight Watchers just about every spring and lose 50 lbs. or more every time, then gain it all back during fall/winter. I just can't make myself start that cycle all over again this time. I visited the L.A. Weightloss website, but it's not too informative. They really don't give much information on the actual program. I gather, from some of your posts, that it is a high protein/low carb. plan. Could someone please tell me more?

1. Do the counselors help you to plan out your menu? Or, just give you guidelines?

2. Is it an exchange-type program, like the old Weight Watchers and Deal-A-Meal (Richard Simmons)?

3. What is different about L.A. Weightloss that is making you successful?

4. I've heard that it can be quite expensive...from $300-$800. Is this true? What does the money include? What are the additional costs?

5. What kind of a shopping list do you have?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am scared to go to the free consultation without being armed beforehand, if you know what I mean. I'm on a pretty tight budget and I've given money to so many other diet centers in the past....Jenny Craig, for one. I liked the fact that JC planned all your meals, but they were robbing me blind with the cost of their food. Also, they wanted me to lose at a ridiculously slow pace. They were constantly upping my calories because I was losing too quickly.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
Old 07-03-2001, 04:49 PM   #11  

Hi Amberly!

LA WL's program is low carb and high protein. My plan is the gold plan and this is what I can have: 2 proteins, 2 starches, 3 veggies, 3 fruits, 1 dairy and 1 fat. LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER. At LAWL you are required bars you have to buy. In my case I hate the bars so I get the jello. Most people love the bars, I am just a wierd eater! There are some foods that are unlimited, some you can have three days a week and some you can only have once a week. The counselor tells you in the beginning what you can have. You write down everything in a journal they give you and then you go to the center 3 times a week to weigh in a to meet with your counselor. The support is wonderful and it keeps me strict on what I eat for the most part. The cost of the program is different everywhere. It cost me 349.00 for 52 weeks and you have to pay that up front. Then it is about 32.00 a week for the bars. The bars are high in protein and burn fat and they say are essential to the program. I can honestly say that I have tried everything and this has been the only success for me. It sounds very expensive but gosh it is so worth it. I love this plan! This is what I eat in a day:
Breakfast: Apple, LA lite (jello)
Snack: Carrot Sticks
Lunch: Grilled Chicken and a salad or Healthy Choice or Subway sandwhich(1 a week), watermelon
Snack: LA Lite (jello)
Dinner: Grilled Chick, green beans, apple
I have only lost 10 pounds but that is a big step in the right direction for me! Good luck and if you have anymore questions let us know! Since I have only been on LAWL for 5 weeks so some of the others may be able to describe it better.
Old 07-03-2001, 05:57 PM   #12  

Hi guys
Just a quick note to say "Hi"
I have beeen doing great---drinking ALL my water plus some.... I have still the same feeling--no wants of anything, but what I am suppossed to have.Today, I am on Express (3 bars and no starches,one less fruit, no fat...... doing great so far. I had been doing in the beginning the express for a few months--but, when I had gone on vacation--I haven't been able to do the express (not on track) Hopefully, it will help.
I haven't gone to weigh in since Saturday--are they closed tomorrow----most probably--I will weigh in Thursday---will let you know how I did.

Marcie-----are you measuring your veggies?----I know I wouldn't have veggies three times a day---the salad alone would be at least 2 veggies. You might be eating too much. Imagine, too many veggies being bad for you? (LOL)
Old 07-03-2001, 10:56 PM   #13  

Default Amberly

Hi Amberly,
Yes, I have to lose 941/2 more pounds. Started out 130. I started at the end of March.
I love the bars. The chocolate ones. Crunch, Mint and Double chocolate the best. The white chocolate are not my favorite.
Yes it is Hi protein and lo carb. But after being on this for 13 weeks it seems to good to be true.
It is $6 a week here. They told me 43 weeks to lose and a processing fee of $60. Here in Michigan it is $70 . That is what they charged my Mom when she signed up yesterday. They also gave her 52 free weeks after she gets down to her goal weight. I have to talk to my center about that.
Then you just weigh in once a week when you are at goal.
I am a lifetime member at Weight Watchers and yes the Jenny craig food is way too much. I couldn't afford to feed the rest of my family after I had bought my food.
If you buy bars in bulk it is lots cheaper. Almost $5 a box.

Good luck in your choice.
Sharon

EVERYONE BEWARE. TOMORROW IS THE 4thOF JULY.
HEARD THERE ARE LOTS OF GOODIES ABOUT TO MAKE THINGS BAD THE DAY AFTER.
BE KIND TO YOURSELF
Old 07-04-2001, 11:02 AM   #14  

Default Weight Loss Weeks

Hi all. I promise I won't hang out here regularly and rain on your parade but I just had to correct one thing: I PAID for 52 weeks of LAWL UP FRONT. When I wasn't at my goal weight by my goal date which was only 24 weeks into the plan, they wanted me to start paying the $8 a week (or whatever it is now) to purchase more weight loss weeks at week 25, 26, etc....even though you have paid for 52 weeks!!! They said that my contract was for 52 weeks...24 weeks of weight loss, 6 weeks of stabilization and 22 weeks of maintenance. If you aren't at goal by the GOAL DATE you have to start paying again. NOT at the end of 52 weeks. THAT is when I quit and let my 28 paid up weeks go to waste... no way was I paying DOUBLE when they gave me no insight or suggestions as to why my weight loss wasn't going as projected. They just waited until my goal date went by and asked for more money. Of course if I hadn't "violated my contract"....ie cheated...EVER I could have kept going for the full 52 weeks without paying more. BUT lets get real here ladies. has anyone EVER not broken a rule, on purpose or by accident, EVER?????? I'm convinced that's why there are so many rules.... to trip you up...so no one ever gets by violation free.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:01 PM   #15  

Hey everyone!
Well I slipped up a little yesterday! Had some bad things, but I am back today. Its the 4th and my husband has to work until 11:00 p.m. This makes me nervous b/c I know I will be sitting around not doing anything. You guys know what happens then. For me I start snacking. NOT TODAY! I am just going to try and keep myself busy. Well my short term goal was to be at 182 by today and I didn't make it. I am at 186.5. I guess that week while I was in training really hurt me.

Margaret, I have not been measuring my veggies. You could be right. Do you think that could be hurting me? It would make me happy not to have to have 3 veggies! I am always trying to cram them in b/c I am such a picky eater.
Barbs, I paid up front as well, but I didn't realize that if I haven't lost all of my weight in the 52 weeks that I will have to pay more. I guess I better speed things up.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!!

Marcie
Closed Thread