Old 02-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default We're Newbies and Buddies Challenge Week #1

Introducing Ourselves:

GiddyupKaos (Selena): age 40, full-time office manager, married for 18 years, losing weight with South Beach

thechangingtable (Christine): age 37, divorced SAHM of 4 kids (2-16),losing weight by eliminating dairy

scnorris2001 (Stephanie): age 29, losing weight to compete in a 5k road race through reduced-calorie diet and exercise

girly (Sara): age 36, married with 2 children (9 and 20 months), losing weight through WW

palemoonlight (Christy): losing weight through eating better and eliminating fast food

selkiesa: age 25, full time graduate student with a part time job as well, losing weight using the Cruise diet/exercise plan

budha belly (Marie): age 47, works full time, single, losing weight by giving up a lot of junk foods and adding healthy foods to her diet

fatmommyinPA: married with 2 children (3 and 5)

michellejy (Michelle): age 29, SAHM of 7 year old daughter, recently married, has small home-based jewelry-business, losing weight through reduced-calorie diet and exercise

kpe (Paige): soon to be 40, married with 2 children (6 and 4), losing weight through WW

detk1320 (Ann): age 32, mother of 2 (21 months and 4 years), works full time, losing weight through WW

basic75 (Angie): age 26, married with 2 children (6 and 2), losing weight through exercise

JLoubug (Jen): age 46, losing weight through exercising more and eating more fruits and veggies

If you are new to the forums (or even if you've been around a while), please feel free to join our group.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:26 AM   #2  

For our first weekly challenge, I was thinking something fairly simple to get into the habit... so this week's challenge is a water challenge.

Try to drink at least 48 oz of water each day OR replace at least one diet or regular soda each day with a glass of water.

For me, drinking water was very difficult to start because I absolutely hate drinking water. What do you think? Are you up to the challenge?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #3  
1st Stop: Under 200

I am up to the challenge. I will drink no Coke/Soda and will drink WATER and a little iced tea with splenda instead!
thechangingtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #4  

48 ozs of water. ok I can do that. Week one here I go!
palemoonnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  

Didn't want this challenge to get lost at the bottom... how is everyone doing?