Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 10:55 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #12~

Hi there.

Susan aka SLF - Does this mean you sold your house? I know what those long "times without Daddy" are like. Bill's been gone for 1 1/2 weeks now and still doesn't know when he'll be back. I hope it doesn't interfere with our vacation plans. Oh well, what's meant to be will happen. I sure do miss him though and do know how you feel. I miss your voice, "me thinkest a phone call is upon us in the near future". Like ....... maybe tomorrow morning before you skoot out to do whatever you all are doing for the 4th. I miss you lots. Can't wait to see you again. Don't forget me for the windows in your new home. That's going to fun. Do you think we'll actually get any work done????

Brenda - BIG TIME bummer on the computer. Atleast it's getting fixed quickly though. I remember several of us being "offline" for long stretches and it drove us nuts! Good luck on getting it back and running on Friday.

To all the rest of you owls.......HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2001, 01:50 AM   #2  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~More Pictures & not just horses~

Hi,
Added another album with some beautiful kids and some great people. Also, the last picture is of me NOW. <grimace>....even though I've still got a long way to go......I've lost a total of 37 pounds this year. This is the first time I've actually backtracked and looked. I've still got another 30 atleast to go but I've come a long way. I really don't know if I'd be where I am if I didn't have all of you for support. There are man times that I just "lurk"...and then I'll read a post......stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on track.
So here's the url link. Just click and go....it's the second album that says "The barn".

http://www.picturetrail.com/resler41
Old 07-04-2001, 11:39 AM   #3  
Happy Member

Hi Owls!

Hope you are all enjoying your 4th!!! We just went to our towns annual parade. Nice, as usual. It's small, but the whole town comes to watch.

I had a job interview yesterday that went very well. It's for a Unit Secretary position in the "people hospital." I had a really great chance to get this job until the human resources lady called me the day before to tell me that the shift I was applying for was "filled internally." (hired from within) She gave me the choice of waiting to interview until something came up or keeping our appointment and I chose to keep it. She had other shifts available, but they are for day shift and I can't do them. So, we had a great interview, I think. Now all I have to do is WAIT for a night shift to open again. Ugh!

PJ- I love all the pictures! Looks like you are having a great time.

Brenda- phooey on the modem being damaged.

Well, gang, enjoy your day, whatever you are up to. We'll be walking back up to watch the fireworks later. Fun!
Ally
now 213 (-43 1/2 lbs!!)
Old 07-04-2001, 08:50 PM   #4  

Hi All:

Wow, have you guys been chatty or what!!!!

I only have a minute, just spent an hour trying to catch up on the posts.

My sister in law has been here for a week, so I have been spending alot of time with her (thats why I was missing) she is the best, trying to talk her into joining us when we go to Hawaii.

Will be back soon

PJ - I would LOVE to hear more about your horse and yes you are having a baby!!!!! It just has 4 legs.
Please tell me all about her, I haven't been able to get to your pictures yet but will as soon as I can.
Please email me and tell me all about it, And congrats on the 37 down this year, wish I could say the same.

email - [email protected]

See you all again soon take care
Old 07-05-2001, 12:04 AM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Hi all!!!!!

What a day! I'm sorry to say that's not meant in a positive way either.
You can all just imagine what it was like with the horses and fireworks, let alone my dog!!!! and Cat!!!! and parrot!!!!
Also, my daughter practically hates me right now since I wasn't able to meet her and her friends and their family at the beach today and then go to the fireworks with them tonight. We had a horse collick (sp?) tonight......almost died. We caught it just in time and the vet came out and tubed her.....her owner is a 16 yr. old girl and she is SLEEPING in the barn. She has to keep checking her every two hours. GEEEZ, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, HUH??????
I'm really tired, I was out in the pouring rain this morning in my PJ's trying to turn Missy out since she was freaking out in her stall from the lightning. I'll tell you more tomorrow. Right now, I can hardly keep my eyes open.
Hugs to u all....
~Pamela~
Old 07-05-2001, 08:01 AM   #6  

Sue Bee Found this in the help section though it might answer your question

Bold, Color, Font and Size all in one line.

This is how I do it, so I dont have to remember what to type in front of and behind each line.

Choose the Bold button and type what you want in the pop-up box. Click ok.

You should see your text in the reply box. (It will have a bracket, forward slash, the letter B and another bracket behind it.)

Next, to color the same line. Highlight the line of text, with the b's in front and behind it. (Do this by clicking at the end of the text and then dragging your mouse over it.) Right click on the text and choose cut. Your text will disappear.

Now, click on the color button. When the pop-up appears, right click in the box and click on paste. Then click ok. You will now have colored, bold text.

You can follow this for all the features. Type, cut, choose feature, paste, click ok, cut, choose another feature, paste, click ok, etc.

Use the preview feature to check your success. Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:02 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Candice - That's a beautiful picture. I'm going to print it out and frame it.......K? You certainly have the "Green thumb". I"m jealous. Come on down here and teach me a thing or two and let me pick you brain, wil ya????
Heh-heh
~Pamela~

ps - Lost another 2 pds. this week~ Yippeeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-05-2001, 10:56 AM   #8  

Default New Modem Installed!!

Hi Everyone,

Well I am back in business I just got my new modem from compaq and installed in about 5 minutes, it was real easy.

Now I can finally tell you I lost 5.8lbs at my weigh in on Tuesday night. I was thrilled, my biggest loss ever. I will probably have a small loss this week if even one at all because having the whole week off is hard on my eating plan We went to a big bash at a friends house yesterday, tons of food a live band, inground swimming pool, face painting, magician, open (free) bar, the works. We had a ball.

I am off to the beach now so I will keep it short but I just wanted to let you all know I am back.

Brenda
Old 07-05-2001, 05:05 PM   #9  

Default Hello owls!

Oh my goodness, it's been a while. Just needed to pop in and say that all is well. I'm working like a mad woman and honing in on my fitness goals. I'm feeling fit and trim but not quite as much as I hoped I would be. The first few times wearing a swimsuit each summer are always a little dreadful though.

It's nice to see that this thread is still alive and kicking. I hope to get back in to the posting mode soon. Talk to you later.

Meredith
Old 07-05-2001, 07:55 PM   #10  

Default Thunderstorms, Yikes!!

Wow, we were at the beach and just made it to the car in time for more thunderstorms to strike, they weren't too bad this time though. The last set of them the first night took out my modem which I just put a new one in today and then next night they hit again and my brother's house got hit and took out his furnace, his water pump, well, etc... He has over $15,000.00 worth of damage. Mother nature has been rough on us this year. My mother's insurance company finally settled with her monday from the damage from the tornado. Yikes we have had enough for awhile.

I've eaten a bit to much yesterday and today so I really need to get on track, sometimes I tend to get sloppy after a good loss and I really need to stop doing that.

Meredith, so good to see you again. How have you been?

Hi to everyone,

Brenda
Old 07-05-2001, 10:47 PM   #11  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls! Happy 4th late!

PJ-I love Missy..she is beautiful! Congrats on the great weight loss. You go girl!

Bren-Congrats on the great loss! I am glad you got the modem fixed. Sounds like the party was fun

Penny-Can I jump into your suitcase for Hawaii?

Meredith-Great to see you pop in! Hope you are doing well.

Candice-I love the pics you post. You have a great green thumb. I kill plastic

Ally-Hope a night shift opens up soon!

Tara-Hope you and your family are doing great.

I have been on vacation this week. It was just a rest and relax week and so far I have spent about $700 on auto repairs. I said I have to look at the positive and at least I wasnt trying to find a way to work during all this. I rejoined WW last Saturday but have been having a hard time getting back OP. Keep me in your prayers.

Love to all
Setina
Old 07-06-2001, 10:39 AM   #12  
Happy Member

Hello Owls! Just poppin' in to say hello! Still WAITING for the phone to ring, calling me for that job....

Brenda--Wow! Congrats on your weigh in. You're right, I think Mother Nature has shown her power too often for you and your family.

PJ--Yeah! On your continued weight loss too! Too bad about the rough 4th you had. I hope the colicky horse is okay.

Candice--I loved that last picture you sent. I want my plants to look like that.

I tried a new (for me) quickie lunch. I had the WW Fiesta Chicken (3 pts) on 2 1 pt flour tortillas (2 pts). I've seen other postings about doing that with the Rice and Beans entree, but I didn't like it. So I had a 5 pt lunch entree and threw in some BBQ Baked Lays for another 2 pts. Not bad for 7 pts. Usually lunch is my "main meal" of the day because I have to be at work at 5 and don't get a real dinner break. By the time office hours are over and we get all cleaned up and settled, it's 9 or 10 pm and too late to eat a "dinner." Sometimes when we're settling the computers, I'll have a low point snack or something. Anyway, thought I'd pass along that idea and if it's new to anyone, hope it helps!
Ally
Old 07-06-2001, 04:18 PM   #13  

Default Hoot, Hoot!!

Hey, Suzanne fixed my profile problem and now I can edit it, Yippee!!

Setina, it was so nice chatting with you earlier, I hope your nails came out good. I am sorry you have had such awful expensive mechanical problems, hopefully that will take care of it for awhile. Getting back o.p. is oh so very hard just take it one step at a time, it will all come back to you. I am having a hard time this week not being in work and will probably have a gain next tuesday if I keep it up.

Alley-oop,
That quickie lunch sounds yumy, thanks for sharing. I sure hope you get that job, the waiting is the hard part.

PJ, I finally got to check out the pics, what a beautiful horse Missy is, wow you are so lucky.

Emmy and everyone else, come out and play!

See Ya
Bren
Old 07-07-2001, 07:46 AM   #14  

Default Been Busy..........

Still cleaning the garage it was a mess and is almost done! I am also organizing all my garden stuff and the peg boards. Be glad when it is done..then you all can come eat off my garage floor! Now if I could just get my house done..the inside that is! At least the weather has been cool and nice to be outside.

I lost another .5 pound and only want to lsoe 3.5 more at the most I found and old pair of my sons jeans size 34 and they are too big for me! I also found a size 28 skirt I wore years ago and it looks hudge... I could fit several of me in there now!

Pj....Sure it's ok!LOL Sometimes I think it would be nice to publish a book of all my flower pictures and other stuff ( Ilove taking pictures and thought about pursuing it once) but to much trouble so I will just share them here!

Bren..We had a storm like that last year and it took out my modem too! A bad lightning strike and we lost our well, TV, VCR, phones, Fridge, and some other stuff. Glad we had insurance!

Setina & Merideth..god to see you both!

Ally..I'll have to try the WW Fiesta Chicken thing! Thanks..love new ideas.

My big pot of Dahlias............
Old 07-07-2001, 03:33 PM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi There~

Everyone's been posting lately and it's really nice to come here and read all of your "news" and what's been up with each of you.

Bill is STILL out of town. Two weeks now but he's trying to get home on Monday. I just got back from the barn and it's sooooo nice to walk into the cool house. We're smack in the middle of the summer and it feels like it too. I was talking to a freind in New York and she said it almost feels like Autumn there. Wow???? In July???!!! She said it's been going down to the 50's at night AND she's on Long Island so it really should be a bit cooler but.......whatever.....sure wish we'd have one of those summers.

Li'l Billy had a fever yesterday and all I can think of is that he was dehydrated. Now, you've got to know first that this kids drinks about 2 glasses of water as soon as he wakes up and drinks it all day....So all I can think of is that since he was out in the heat all day yesterday (went to the beach with a friend of mine and her kids) ....he probaby got a slight case of heat stroke. He's got blonde hair which actuall has turned white around his face and hairline and just like his Daddy, his eyebrows are blonde so it look like he doesn't have any. Right now he's passed out on the couch. Thank God, he needed it. He's been playing on the trampoline at the barn all morning and then they were playing on the slip and slide. Hey, atleast THAT kept them cool. Anyway, it's very rare that he takes a nap so he should be in a really good mood when he wakes up. This is a 6 yr. old that does not stop from the moment he wakes up until his head hits the pillow at night. HE NEEDS A NAP sometimes.....

I'm doing well on program, just had a roast beef sandwich and a glass of milk. I cleaned out my horses stall and two others for my friends that are out of town. It was hot, I worked my butt off and I reeeaaaally enjoyed that sandwich. heh-heh.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. I've got alot of laundry to do as usual and then need to clean out the parrots cage and put come chlorine into the pool.....probably needs to be backwashed too.......Oh Joy! Who the heck needs a man around the house???!!!! I do it all myself anyway......AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH......actually, I really, really miss Bill......this sucks....BIG TIME!!!!!!! I can't wait to see him HOPEFULLY on Monday. The kids really miss him too. Thank God for phones and email to send pictures.

Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~
Closed Thread