Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 09:11 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Happy July 1st!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!I have a hyper wild child here soo will make it quick!!!!!!!!

BIG LOSERS~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy- 1lb
Any others this week??????

Lauren-How was the concert????Are U off the "Journey high" yet????

BFB-Keep on blading!!!!WHen we were honeymooning, I observed London to be the least rollerblading city..In Munich, Germany there were more bladers than cars..It was kind of neat to see rollerbladers even in the malls shopping..Much different here in the States.

Kymber-ANy further date plans??

Legal-Glad the bug episode is better..That is scarey!!!

Everyone else HELLO!!!!I have a wild crazy child jumping from furniture soo I must run!!!!
Have a great one all!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 07-01-2001 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:58 PM   #2  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Hi everyone, just a quick stop by. Hope everyone had a great day.

Rabbit, I know what you mean about London not being skating friendly, but there is a beautiful path in Hyde Park, near the Serpentine Lake, which is excellent to skate on, and that is where I am taking lessons. There is also an organisation which started a weekly skate through London, passing Buck Palace (apparently they stop to wave at "Queenie"), throughout the summer and I am hoping to be able to participate by the beginning of September, before Winter starts to set in. Hubby and I want to visit America soon and I had visions of being able to skate every/any where. By the way, where exactly did you visit in London whilst on your honeymoon?

Gotta go, gotta get my evening Big Brother fix. Is or has there been a US version of that yet?

TTFN

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 07-02-2001 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:02 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine was good, and busy!! The concert was great!! We ended up having 2nd row seats!!!! We were thisclose to the band...I mean like, less then 10 feet from the stage!! Got a few guitar picks from Neil and Jonathan and a plain band one. Peter Frampton...who I would not have known had I tripped over him, kicked butt, he is hysterical and sounded great. John Wait looks like crap, but sounded great. Neil, Steve and Jonathan kept coming to the edge, but not close enough to grab a hand...we think we got sweat on though!! Ross was like a one man show himself, hysterical, the faces he made, it was soo funny...and with a hawaiian shirt on!! Over all it was a great concert, but I was pretty disappointed that they did not do an encore!! I mean, even Peter Frampton did an encore, and the freaking headlining band didn't?! What's up with that?! They did one two years ago when they were here!!! OK, enough complaining, I was in the second row!!

I'm really busy today, it's my first day on my own here, and I had a mountain of files on my desk when I got here, from the girl that left!! Will try and check in later!! Have a great day all!!
Old 07-02-2001, 05:29 PM   #4  

BFB--It was me that went to Europe in May...I loved England..We took the Eurostar from France and stayed in the Washington Mayfair hotel..I loved Hyde Park..It was soo funny to see everyone sunbathing on the lunchbreaks. My favorite was the park by Kensington Palace(by the statue of Queen Victoria) I have to say that London was soo people friendly with parks and even the little dog scooper trash cans and doggie fountain.I can't wait to go back and see more stuff..The British Museum was fabulous!!!!I have to admit, there were more pubs there than I have ever seen!!!Great country!!!!

Lauren--2nd row seats????Wow..I havent even thought of Peter Frampton in years!!Glad U had fun!!!

Well, the cats are having a blast....the jerks didnt show up to finish the room today....I am soo angry!! I want to be able to open my bedroom and see my cats anytime!!!
RR
PS..Refman wasnt too thrilled about the cats till he saw the mice they killed in his shed!!!! They know how to get loved on!!!!
Old 07-02-2001, 06:22 PM   #5  
Pink Thingy

Red face Sorry....

...Roadrunner, got me "Rs" confused
Old 07-03-2001, 10:19 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I'm going to WI tonight. I don't know if I'm going to have a loss or not. I stepped on my scale this AM, but I can't remember if my scale is 1 lb. more or less then there's! I think it'll probably show as a gain or maintain, since by the time I get there, I will have eaten breakfast and lunch! Brought a Lean Cuisine for lunch, but I may just drink a few more shakes today, and have my yogurt and apple, so that I'm not too full for WI. Then again, those Lean Cuisine's probably don't add that much bulk! I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see how hungry I am at lunch!!

RR- Refman's not a cat person, huh? Give him time, they'll grow on him!! Jim still says he doesn't like Zeus, but I here him talking to him all the time!! It's really hysterical the way Zeus follows him around, especially in the AM!! I think the little box is taking the longest for him to get used to...and I can't blame him!!

Gotta run!! Have a great day all!!
Old 07-03-2001, 10:58 AM   #7  

Hi all. I did my first aquakick class last night and it was fun. I'm only going once a week. It's nice to be in the water.

bfb - nope, I've never been to London. Sure would like to someday, it sounds great.

Lauren - sounds like you had fun at the concert! Good luck at your weigh in.

Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July! Watch out at those barbecues!

Rabbit
Old 07-03-2001, 06:22 PM   #8  

Default Hi old friends

Hi!!! I have so little computer time any more but thought I'd jump on this site for a moment and say "Hello" to old friends.

Its been a busy year...but thats good! We're barely keeping up with orders (great) and have a pretty heavy travel schedule for shows. I'll be in Philly and Baltimore the 12-17.

On the weight issue....things are looking good. Real good. I kind of gave up on the 'diet' issue and all of a sudden people started asking if I was losing weight. Part of it is due to getting some Med. issues worked out with the POS and part of it is that I don't have to ability to 'overeat' any more. I finally realized what "full" felt like and I quit eatting right before reaching that "full" feeling.
I'm getting plenty of good exercise too this summer with swimming at a friends pool. I think I'm down 12 lbs since April.
YEAH!!!!

I'll try to stop in now and then and hope to catch up with some of my old friends....and any new ones to be made.

later, jul
Old 07-05-2001, 10:54 AM   #9  

Hello! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!

We barbecued marinated turkey breasts and they were so so good! Wish we had some left to cut up and put on my salad today.

Jul - Hello, hello. Great to hear from you! Super about how well your business is doing and also how well the weight loss is coming along. Hooray for you!! Check back in whenever you can.

Rabbit
Old 07-05-2001, 11:20 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Jul!! Great to hear from you!! So glad to hear the business is going well!! So glad to hear that the weight loss is coming along too!! I'm recently back on the wagon. Have fun in the pool!! How are the boys?!

Rabbit- Yum, sounds good! Good luck at WI tonight!

We didn't do much of anything yesterday, did some laundry! We traded in some of our doubles and stuff from the shower...yeah, we're just getting around to doing it! We had $222.00 credit, so we bought a Breadman Ultimate and an icecream maker!! We tried both out, making a loaf of white bread (because we only had the ingredients for that!) and some choc. chip vanilla icecream! The icecream was pretty bad, because all we had was Skim Plus, so it was too sweet and tasted like icemilk! We are going to toss that batch! The bread took 4 hrs. to make, but it tastes great!! Only problem is the points!! I wasn't sure how to figure them out, so I just added the total points of all the ingredients, which was 36 pts.!! Then I tried to make little marks with the knife and figure out how many pieces I could get out of the loaf. I came up with about 13 pcs., so that's like 2.75 pts. a piece!! Whoa...too many!! I will have to check the other recipes to see if they're less points!! Anyone have a bread machine that could give me some advice??

Have a great day all!!
Old 07-06-2001, 09:08 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

I guess everyone's busy!! I forgot to report yesterday that I lost .2 at WI Tuesday night!! I was really surprised, because like I mentioned, I really wasn't expecting a loss!! I am PMSing big time and KFC has been the target the past couple days! I must keep my mind straight and not be taking different routes home, just so I can stop there!!

Think I'm going to take the pork roast my mom gave me out of the freezer tonight. I'd like to cook it in the crock pot. Anyone have any ideas how to do that. I've never made anything but sauce and pot roast in the crock pot. Can I put it in frozen, with water, like I would a pot roast? (Well, I've never put a totally frozen pot roast in.) Are pork roasts like pot roast, if you just leave it in there overnight and all day, it'll taste wonderful? Like, you can't cook it too long??

Anyway, gotta try and get some work done today!! Have a great day all!!
Old 07-06-2001, 10:03 AM   #12  

LBH: we don't eat pork but I'm sure you can toss it and water and seasonings into the crock and it will be fine. There isn't too much you can hurt with a crock pot. There are zillions of receipes for crockpots...even for making pudding and cakes in them. I go to a cooking thread under frugal-moms.com and there are always zillions of crock-pot ideas there. There are even websites dedicated to nothing but crock-pot receipes. Wild! The things people have time for!!

The boys are great, thanks for asking. We just had birthday week so they are now 4 and 5. They realized they were the same age for 8 days and thought it was too funny!

I'm off to Springfield to make a sale to the art museum.....later, jul
Old 07-06-2001, 10:45 AM   #13  

Smile

Hi all! Lost one pound last night! Woo Hoo! That pretty much takes care of my out of town gain.

Lauren - yep, they were delicious. Congrats on your loss. I have a bread machine, but not advice really! It's hard to figure the points. I never seem to get as many servings as the package says. So I kind of guesstimate.

Jul - my older brother and I are the same age for 28 days. We always thought that was cool too.

My mileage is at 440.75. Although I don't know if anyone else is tracking it anymore. I like doing it.

Rabbit
Old 07-06-2001, 03:39 PM   #14  

Hello people!!!
I have missed excercise cuz I am here watching these workers in the attic hooking up the electrical things for the cats air conditioner!!! THey are rotten...They figured out how to cry at my bedroom door(located in the sun room) and I will let them into my bed!!

Lauren-He says he hates cats..But they are growing on him..Yesterday I laughed cuz he put on boots and rain gear to go rescue them in the back and bring them in the sunroom!!They have inhabited the back garage up in the engine of his big truck.
they are soo happy to be able to run free during the day! Congrats on the loss!!Can't help on the pork roast or the bread maching issue!!Now--spinach lasagna?--I can do that one!!

Jul--soo nice to "see" U again!!!Glad to hear the loss and the gain in the business!!(glad it is not the other way around)

Rabbit-Congrats on the loss!!!!

I discovered a new totally sinful lunch or supper for 8 points..The WW New pizza in the red box..Man..the vege one with tomatoes, spinach, onion..wheat crust with dried tomatoes in the crust..Totally wonderful!!!!

I laugh cuz SD#2 loves the cats and gets into soo much trouble.Refman had a fit cuz she ate the hairball medicine and Jul 4th she mixed the cat water in the food and was eating it with a fork when we got out of bed..(hmmmm..how many points??? )
SHe plays and loves on them all the time..We have to remind her to be nice sometimes!!!
Have a great evening all!!!
Vicki
Old 07-06-2001, 04:06 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

RR-Oh boy, it sounds like you've got your hands full with SD2 and the cats!! Hope she didn't get sick with the hairball medicine!! My cat has gone his whole 7 yrs. w/o a hairball, and I was convinced that he had a huge one growning inside him that he'd have to have surgically removed one day!! (Saw that in a bunny at an animal hosp. I used to work at!) Well, he's spit up about 3 of them since we got married!! Poor Jim had to clean a mess up a couple days ago...thank goodness it was just on the hardwood floor!!
Oh, and speaking of spinach lasagna, I was thinking of making some spinach lasagna roll-ups...been thinking about it for about a month now!! Hehehe!! Will let you know how they turn out if I ever get around to doing it!! The furthest I got was buying the noodles...2 pts. for 2 1/2 of them I think it was!

Rabbit- Congrats on the loss!! Yeah!!

Jul- Thanks for the pork tip! I had found a crock pot group once, and I was getting tons of emails everyday, so I ended up stopping it. I can't remember who it was through though. I did find a few good recipes today though, that I printed out, preformatted to 3x5 size. I just cut them out and glued them to index cards that I happened to have found in my new desk!! One is called Easy Creamy Pork Tenderloin, the other is Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast...but why am I telling you? LOL!! It's www.allrecipes.com...they had other stuff. I think it was cool that I could print them out like that though!

OK, I'm soo busy at work, but have been seriously slacking off today!! Time to get a little more done before leaving!!

Oh, computer's back up at home, just have to reinstall my email account. We're going to get more wedding pics scanned this weekend so that we can get the thank you's sent out...it's been almost 4 months, I don't wanna wait too long!! Oh, and where is everyone...Pyria, Dani, Terri, Tech...come on girls, don't go away on me!!!
Closed Thread