Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight # 47 - Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 24 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  

Morning All! Hope everyone had a nice night. I'm kind of bumbed. Two nights in a row where dh and I didn't get any time to even sit together. I mean the kids were put to bed about 830 and ya know what he did, he fell asleep with dd and I had to wake him at 915. I was reading Parents Magazine waiting for him to come back and nothing. Oh well, sometimes I feel like we live in a different house it's so crazy! Anyway, that's off the topic..... I am up a pound Oh well, don't know how that happened, I did exercise and I ate fine too. I think I drank enough, but I'll have to watch that. I am going to the gym today at 11 for training and I have to do cardio too. What does everyone have planned for today? I am exercising, as I said, and I have to go back to the library, Chiroprator, and make that return of the pillows. Oh, I feel like it's a repeat of Monday. Anyway, I'll bbl after I see some posting. I'll be around this morning for about two more hours. Laundry folding is calling and breakfast making too!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Melissa!!

Sorry about you being up a lb Don't you worry, it will go away soon Sounds like you've got a busy day planned I hope you get some time to relax. I know how you feel about DH, there are weeks that Zhaun and I only see eachother in passing as I'm coming home from work he is going to work or vice versa it really sucks.

Well nothing planned here except I have to work tonight so I'm going to get my exercise done this morning and make some food to take with me to work. I hope you all have a nice day

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #4  

I want to make sure that everyone has sent money via paypal to melissa for winning the BLC. If you need her paypal address please contact me and I'll provide it for you. Everyone who participated in the challenge needs to contribute.

Michelle
Old 02-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #5  

Good morning all. I managed to be on plan all day yesterday, and the vitamins aren't making me sick anymore. I'm about to get off my butt and start working out, but I just downloaded that FitDay PC thing, and I had to play with it first. It asked for a starting weight so I actually weighted myself (even though I was planning to ignore the scale since I've been so messed up with being sick and then overeating when I felt better.) Well, I'm down 3.5 pounds from where I started last Thursday, and I felt so great about sticking to my diet and exercise plan yesterday that I am determined to do it again today.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #6  

Chris- I have a website for my jewelry, but I didn't want to post a link because I think that's against the forum rules.

Here's something I've made though to give you an idea:

Roxy- I think trying to get to One-derland together is a great idea! I guess that means it's time to stop typing and go use the bike
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #7  

Michelle it's only against forum rules to post spam links or links to other weightloss forums. you can post any personal site without breaking rules! Beautiful jewelry, my uncle was a jeweler but he passed away some time ago I always loved looking at the things that he made.

Have a nice day!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #8  
I will suceed!!!

Michelle, really pretty jewelry, I'd love to take a look at your website!

Well, it was an early day for me today. Went to check out that AFLAC sales position. And it looks like it is going to be great. I thought about it long and hard, and decided to go ahead and put up the money that it is going to take. And I will sell newspaper subscriptions in the meantime. This AFLAC thing will take a couple of months to get licensed and all, so I'll need in come between now and then!

Well, I am off to do housework....it never ends. BBL
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #9  
Jeniqua

Good afternoon ladies! How's everyone doing?? Today has been bad eating wise for me so far(I had a couple..okay, 2 handfuls of doritos) I have alot going on so I guess you can say I was eating for comfort. You all will be proud of me though..I put the doritos back in the cabinet where they belong... . I plan on going to the gym tonight too. It was raining about an hour ago and now it's snowing! I wish the weather would make up it's mind. No wonder everyone I know is sick alot this winter..uugghh!!

Penny~ Good morning!! I put a typo in my bio.. I am actually 28 years old. Where are you today?? Are you staying OP??

Mel~ Are you still at the gym?? How was your workout today?? I hate it when it seems like DH and I are just roommates too. Maybe you could suggest tonight that the 2 of you just relax and watch a movie or something. Life can get so hetic when you have kids but we must remember to slow down and make time for our spouses. Hope tonight is a relaxing night for the 2 of you. BTW, I get paid tomorrow evening, I will send my contribution to you no later than friday.

Chelle~ I love your jewelry! You're a very talented young lady. I would love to take a look at your website too. Congrats on your weight loss..woo hoo!! Keep up the great work. You can do it!!

Tabitha~ I am soo happy you found a job!! That must be a major stress relief. How are you doing with your exercising?? Are you going to do the challenge that's coming up??

Well I better go straighten up before the kids come home.. I'll be back later..

Where is everyone?? Jill I'm still waiting for you to come out from hiding. You, Chris, Michelle, Kristin are my fellow SBD's!! I need some support and motivation and some suggestions. Have a great day everyone!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #10  

Can I join in with you? I just found this site a few weeks ago and love it. I am a married mom of a 3 month old. I need to desperately lose about 50 (+) lbs.
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey Jeniqua and everyone! i posted last night to almost all of you. Just wanted to say that so you could go to the thread last night and read since it took me forever to write!! lol I can't post a long one right now, need to get back to cleaning and getting ready for school. Hope to post later!! Have a great OP day!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRae
Michelle it's only against forum rules to post spam links or links to other weightloss forums. you can post any personal site without breaking rules! Beautiful jewelry, my uncle was a jeweler but he passed away some time ago I always loved looking at the things that he made.

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I thought it said personal websites. In that case, my website is http://www.trinitylondon.com/

Thanks for the nice comments everyone
Old 02-16-2005, 02:11 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies!
Tried to talk to my mom on the computer today and it didn;t work out, bummer! Anyway, just a quick one from me. Dh called in sick last night for his night job he was so beat he couldn't function. We'll see what happens.
Poor guy. Nothing new or exciting here. I did measure my waist and have lost 4 inches since I've started measuring, but the scale isn't moving at all. Argh!Since I've started I've lost 21 3/4 inches all over. I measure in 16 places, including wrists and ankles so that is alot of me to measure and seems like I'v lost so much. I should be losing like in feet! Any way the scale in not moving much but weigh in day in Friday let's see...

Hi Jillybean-glad that school is going so well for you and I hope that you past that one test the first time!!!! Stay OP girlie, even if you can't post frequently.

Fma4mom- everyone is welcome here! I'm Roxy, welcome to our chatty group, we start a new thread everyday so watch for us. All the ladies here are great! We are friends that motivate and are there for each other. Post often so we can get to know you!

Jen- eeek! Doritos! Yipes those things are dangerous! Like a loaded weapon! Glad that you had the willpower to put them away! How are you doing on SBD?

Tabby- sounds like things are happening for you! Good luck on your new positions and I hope all goes well with the insurance sales! How are you doing OP?

Michelle- how are you doing on your gazelle? are you still able to get in all your exercise with the schoolload that you have now? How's the beach going?

Chelle- ohh! are those like coral pieces? Very nice! I hope that you sell alot, and that your business becomes very successfull!! See ya in oneunderland!

Mel- you have to sing that lonesome tune...strangers in the night, exchanging glances, strangers in the night (something, something) romances... don't worry. You have to make up for lost time, with extra snuggling. I think we've all been there! How's the cleanse going? Are you feeling it?

Hi to Penny, Deana , Kristin, Cindi, Geri, Steph, Ricci, Gretchen, and anyone else that I might be missing. I'll be back later to chat but it feels like today has just been a wash and I will not let more time go by with out exercising! BBL
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

NO more whining...here I am.

Chelle-Gorgeous jewelry. You do great work!

Hi Roxy, Melissa, Michelle, Fma (what's your name), Tabitha, Gretchen, Jillybean, Penny, etc...Deana, Ricci, Cheri, Geri, Jeniqua, etc...

I got my taxes done this morning and looks like we get a wad back from federal...and a cool couple hundred back from the state. New furniture is coming... My sister is out looking at houses again today so I got her little one. So I'll check back later.

Fma-BTW my name is Chris. Sahm of 3 girls. Living in Montana...and trying to lose this large body with South Beach....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:42 PM   #15  

hello Michelle, MichelleJ and Jeniqua, and Tabitha!

Michelle, thanks for flying with me.....I got sooo much done...won't dh be surprised!

Jeniqua, Problem with dh he is so tired at night that he can't really stay up past 930ish. He gets u p at 445 every morning and leaves the house at 715 and doesn't get home to 6-7. Kids get soo excited to see him that it's hard to get them to bed! keep up the good work with the diet...NO MORE Doritos. NOt on the SBD plan! lol... Anyway, have fun at the gym

Tabitha, wow, great about Aflac thing. You can do it! You will feel so good to have your own income!

fma4mom, HI, Of course you may join us. I'm Melissa...aka Mel, and I am a stay at home mom of 2. ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. I have about 50lbs left to lose. Down about 28 so far! Where are you in NC? I have a friend in Calabash...close to SC.

MichelleJ....Chelle...Cool jewelry. I'd love to see more!

Jilly,...HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roxy...OK, I'm gonna sing when he is asleep next time. WOW, on the inches lost! I'm so happy for you!!!!! Soirry, it didn't work out talking to your mom on the computer.

Chris, I bet you are glad the taxes are done and jumpin for joy about the refund....I would be!