Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Chit Chat #113

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Please feel free to join us.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:10 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon -

Congrats Cristi! You will be a good MOD ......pssssssst, can I call you Ma Cristi??

Course neither you or Jane are that much older ((I will be 41 in March ))- you are more like sisters.

So, yes a very interesting science project. Waaaaaay beyond my thinking though. Rebecca has one going on at the same time.

Anyway- Rachel's father is taking her to get highlights in her hair tonight.

I feel BOLATED. I keep eating this wonderful ham that Doug bought. I grabbed me a 16 oz water bottle , so hope to get a few bottles down by the end of the day.
Anyway, the more water I drink the worse I feel.......think I am going to burst!

whine - whine......

Happy to hear you are feeling better Pam. Hi to Julie and Jenn - hope you guys are having a good Tuesday??

Miss our talented Ellen ~~ someone will have to come up with an Ode for her.

Sorry, I am distracted. Suppose to be working , instead I am typing away here.

I was thinking we can chip in and buy you a laptop Jane??? With all your traveling there is no reason to ever be away from the JL's....we would miss you too much. Just a thought Katie's dress sounds so pretty..

oh - love the name of your perfume Angie....forget what it was called though....lol.......something pink....I will have to go back and write it down.

How are you Marti?? You seem so busy- love hearing about your grandpa, he always sounds so sweet.

Anyway- I am forgeting stuff........sorry. I don't know how some of you do it- tough keeping up!!!! lol.......

Katie and Katy........where are you guys?? If I left any of you out, soooooooo sorry. I will try and do better.

Chat later!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #3  
RosieKate

Hi all -

...so far behind....

Jane- will miss your leadership here, but understand completely why you have to step away at this time. Thank you for all your gentle wisdom and great sense of humor and don't be a stranger ya hear? Thank you for the valentine!

Cristi - so glad to read that you will be our new mod - you will do a great job.... we need someone to keep us in line you know - things get out of hand around here. idle mind...devil's playground... well, you know I have too much time on my hands, so you'll need to keep me from getting too snarky, hee hee

OK - does this fall into the category of "setting myself up" I signed up to do the Oprah boot camp. I'm sorry, but I watched the show yesterday and was just in tears over some of the touching stories.. came away thinking - holy cr*p I can do that...So I signed the contract and away we go! Today was day one and I am OP and good to go!

Oops - Leigh's up from her nap gotta go
Katy

Old 02-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Ugh,,,,,,forgot all about Gabrielle.......

sheesh....

She woke up at 9 am. Her father did send her a big box of clothes. I don't think he picked them out or wrapped them but........nontheless they came in the mail.
Nice stuff, some OshKosh,,,,,makes me wonder where he got the money......11.50 just to mail the box alone....
I won't be a downer about it......because the man irks me - some she won't be able to wear because they are too small but some are 5's and 6's...so.........that was that.

Today I went to Goodwill and bought some really cute jumpers! Jackpot in 5 & 6 dresses.....also,some cute turtlenecks......and a BIG stuffed pig for 7.99....still had the tag on it.

Gaby is cute - she was back in her seat snorting like a pig.........just like her mother......haha

Oh - ordered her a Blues Clues cake with strawberry filling.

ok - now I better get!!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Cristi - yay for you being the new mod. There isn't anything about it that you don't already know from before, but of course I will help you if I can. Suzanne and Jennifer are very, very good about getting right back with answers on things. And they notify about changes well. The other mods are a wonderful group of crazy ladies. I will miss seeing them, since they don't (usually) post here in JLs, and I very seldom have time to venture out of this one area.

Katy - thanks for your kind words, and you're welcome for the card. I saw the Oprah show yesterday, too, and thought they did a good job. She was really strict on them for the 12 weeks, but that's what it takes to get it done. Good luck with it!!

Susan - uh, go ahead and get the laptop for me. Not that I'd take it with me, but I could use another one, lol. The cake sounds de-lish! I know all about Blue's Clues, since I am a grandma to 5 little one. He rocks, lol.

Pam - I thought I sent you my snail mail addy, but if I didn't or you lost it, ask again, ok? Glad Eddie will be home soon.

Wanted to let you know that I got a good workout today. Besides doing the Gazelle, Neal and I walked up one side of our property line and down the other picking up trash and cans alongside the road. Bend and stretch, bend and stretch, lol. Dang litterbugs!! A lot of it is hilly, so that made it worse.. or should I say better, lol???

Gotta go... see you later!

Last edited by Jane; 02-15-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

I must say when you all mention Gazelle.

I thought you meant Gazebo..........didn't know why you were working out in a gazebo.....bunch of Victorian women or something....and with Angie and her tea party......haha - anyway....

So, Ma Jane has a laptop??? wow......so while you are sitting on the stone steps to some castle in Ireland - whip it out and write us!

Remember, I went to Hawaii and I had time to write .........lol.

YAY- Katy! Good to see you post!

I am heading for Goodwill and look around. I am hunting for an area rug for Gaby's room.

Have drank 32 oz's of water and am feeling better.........and I will TRY and get some cards off in the mail with Gaby's picture......the key word is try....

and March 4th is the hearing for the custody evaluation......found that out today.

So, off I go......

chat later....
Old 02-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Smile

Thank you so much ladies!

Susan~nope...can't call me ma...there is only one ma around and that is Ma Jane! LOL Glad to hear that Mike did come through with gifts for Gaby. When is her BD? I know it's coming up as is yours. Well, yours is in March but it will be here before you know it. I don't like Easter in March-seems too early. I'm sending good vibes that all goes your way at the hearing. :

Katy~I've got my whip ready! LOL I didn't see Oprah but have heard so much about the boot camp. Just received the newsletter about it today but haven't had a chance to see what it is about. Wish I could go away to some boot camp so they could keep me in line!

Jane~I feel kind of odd being moderator. Guess I will always see you as the mod here. I did go print out some of the stuff on the Hens Roost to refresh my memory. Yay for the workout. I can only imagine how far you guys walked and the amount of trash you picked up. isn't it amazing all the litterbugs? How are you liking the gazelle?

Well, this is just a quickie for me ladies. Was watching a movie with Patty Duke and she just turned 50 and found out she is pregnant! Can you imagine your DH retiring and just buying a boat and tickets to fly to Africa for a Safari and finding out you are pregnant?! Anyway...hope everyone is having a good evening. See ya ladies tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Gaby will be 3 tomorrow the 16th!!!!!

YAY Gaby..........

I found her the cutest basket with 2 dogs in it at Goodwill. Brand new - had the tags on still. She will love it!

You will be a great Mod Cristi!! You and Jane have the same warmth and caring. CONGRATS again

On fire watch!!! Every 3o minutes I have to check the building...so, better get....
Old 02-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Okay - onto Day Two of no bread...and I have to shop because I ate all the veggies in the house and produce delivery isn't until tomorrow afternoon. I did stop eating 3 hours before bedtime... Yay for me

Susan- be sure to say Happy Birthday to Miss Gaby for me...Blues Clues is very cool - I made a pawprint cake for Leigh for her 2nd birthday...she was quite pleased Glad her dad came through with some presents.

Cristi - 50!? yikes... now all us Jadeds have those issues taken care of right? (Except the young'uns) Man, I got my tubal on the operating table right after the C-section with my DD... just knew that was it for me. No way I am getting any little surprises when I am 50. Oddly enough, at our last family gathering people were ribbing me a little about when I was going to have #3..Whaaat!? Probably because Leigh's in preschool...I reminded them about my advanced maternal age and they all shut up.

hey gals Leigh's up, so I have to go for now, but I will pop in at noon (Oregon-time)to see if anyone wants to chat...so maybe I'll "see" some of you then.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Gaby

Happy Birthday GABBY

love
Auntie
Old 02-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning Ladies,
Congrats on being our new Mod Cristi!
And thank you for the card, I got it right on Valentines Day, Thank you Jane, I also got your card. Id say Im so far behind but I think my game plan is to send a card whenever ....lol
I could never imagine having a baby at 50, I can see myself with grandchildren then.
Monte shocked me with he may have a week off during Easter and would like to do soemthing,,,hmmmm I wish I could but work won't allow anyone time off then. Dang dang double dang. We talked about lil weekend get away. Down to Montana maybe. Haven't been to a Target in 2 yrs.
Anyways should get to work....
ttfn
Old 02-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #12  
PamPSM644

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABBY

Jane, I did have your mail ad but can't find it now. I lost the envelope. WAAAA.I've been so scatter brained lately.

Cristi, Congrats on your promotion from minon to leader. I didn't get the V card or email ad but I did recieve the one for Jenn. I can send her cards but no one else yet.

Susan, when Eddie was little he was crazy about Garfield so for his birthday I decorated a cake with Garfield on it in frosting. He loved it but it was my last effort at cake decorating. I took me 2 days to do it.

My sister tried a return trip to the hospital yesterday. By 6pm she still hadn't gotten in to see anyone and they had dumped her in a wheel chair in the waiting room.. Her cancer is so bad she's in constant pain and they won't even provide a gurney for her to lay down on. Health care in this country bites.

Ellen,hi there Darling.

Hope to hear today when DS will be able to schedual a flight home. Wil be planning a mini celebration of some kind.

Pam
Old 02-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

50 and pregnant??? What was Patty thinking? Wow.....I might have another one though. lol........I just had some coffee, anything seems possible with 20 oz's of Starbucks in me.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Think I will take the girls down to Safari Sam's - have never been there but that 6000 sq foot jungle gym is calling my name,,,,,,,sounds like fun or insanity. lol

Prayers for your sister Pam
Life with no bread Katy???? I could not ever do that.......have to have bread - love all kinds.....especially bagels with cream cheese - dipped in coffee.....that is how Gaby likes it too.......lol.

I was awake at 5 am - could not sleep. Woke Gaby up at 6:30 and dressed her in the cutest pink jumper with pink stockings and pink boots.....fashion plate. With her new Madeline Do she was all set to go celebrate herself....lol
We went to Freddy's and I bought a disposable camera, coffee and she grabbed a duck easter basket.....
Dropped her off at my mothers, I will go pick her up on my lunch break and take her to Dougs until 5 pm when I get off work.

Rachel got her highlights in her hair and she looks soooooo pretty , soooo grown up. Going to have to lock her in her room- she looks 17....lol.

Better get busy.....hope you all are having a good day.

Where is our Ellen?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Smile

Good afternoon ladies~

Man I am pooped. Had to get up earlier than usual to get to the chiro's finally! I have been meaning to go for a while and get back into. I have got to go until I get to the point where I only have to go every month or so. Of course starting out they want you to go three times a week, gets a little costly but worth it in the end. And of course this is Wednesday so ya know what that means? Trip to Wally world. Didn't think I was going to make it home in one piece...been one of those days. First a bird almost flew into my window, then I almost ran over a squirrel, then this stinking truck drove by fast and threw a rock up and of course it flew into my window! I wanted to go home at that point. It really doesn't pay to have a new car I swear. I've got scratches on my rear passenger door from someone's car door, the paint is nicked at the front from a grocery cart, and now I have three chips in the window from the rock! I always park away from the store and put the carts where they go and am very careful to not ever hit someone elses car, wish I could get the same in return. I never notice till later and so don't know where or when it happened. Glad I don't have anything else to do today. Anyway, I am ready for a nap now. LOL

Angie~ Funny you got the card on Valentine's day. I mailed them early because I wanted to make sure you and Ellen got yours in time but that is perfect timing, I am surprised it took so long though. Ooooo, Montana would be a nice little get away for you and Monte.

Katy~ummm...no, don't have that issue taken care of. It's funny too because I was talking with V about it Monday night and then saw the previews for that movie. His doc won't do a vasectomy because he had one before we married and then had it reversed. He (the doc) thought it would be best to go back to the doc who did it, which he can't because he left the state. So I may go under the knife. Don't think I can get pregnant since we were trying for so long but it is a chance I don't want to take.

Susan~give Miss Gaby birthday hugs from me and tell her I hope she has a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yeah, you better keep an eye on Miss Rachel. They grow up too fast! And you are still young enough to have another baby.

Pam~ hmmm...wonder why you didn't get the card? I mailed it last Monday, surely it wouldn't take this long to get to you. Of course with the mail sometimes you never know. I will PM you later and make sure I have the correct address and give you mine and my e-mail address. Sorry, to hear about your sis. Why can't she get anyone to see her at the hospital. It is ridiculous that she should be left out there waiting for so long.

Ms. Marti~where are you girly? We are missing you here.

You too Ms. Ellen, and Jenn, Mindee, Katiecat, Kathy, Sue, Doreen, and anyone I may have forgotten. Hope all is well with you ladies.

Well, ladies...I am going to do a bit of lurking and maybe a little bit of posting here and there before going and taking a short nap. Definitely need one today. Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! See ya later
Old 02-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #15  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Hello ladies! Sorry I have been kinda MIA... I have been in a 'mood' I guess.... Been rather emotional (for no reason... probably PMS) and haven't been on here much.

I figured I should make it in a few times before I got to AL for 4 days so y'all don't think I fell off the face of the earth

I've been thinking about throwing in the towel, which is stupid, but I'm just so sick of myself right now.... Like I said it may be PMS, I actually hope it is... I have a dress to fit into so I cringe every time someone says "maybe you're pregnant".... For once I can't wait for TOM just to shut people up. I mean I want kids but I already have everything planned so I have to fit into that dress I think I'll do a jig when TOM comes....

Ah... listen to me whine! I'm sure you've all heard enough for now... I'll check back soon.

Last edited by JEO1982; 02-16-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Closed Thread