Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #1  
Princess of Goshorn

Default Queen of the Beach Wk of 2/14

Hello Princesses,
Happy Valentines Day!!!

Here we go! We start off in Stage 1 - Beer Belly Babe. You are to drink at least 64 oz of fluid a day. This can not be a caffiene product. This stage is for one week. One Week! You can do this. I know I can....after I make my run to the store for panty shields.

Your first mini challenge is an easy one. You are to post here and introduce yourself. That's simple enough!

If you have any questions, let me know.
Carole

Last edited by Ivana B. Thin; 02-14-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #2  
Princess of Goshorn

Hi Princesses,
Besides Ivana B. Thin, I am aka Carole. I have made it past a half century....Lord, that sounds older than just saying, "I am 51 years old". I have been married to Bill for 22 years. I have 2 sons, David, a senior and Danny, a freshman. Life is interesting with 2 highschool boys. I also have a fat shitzu named Dusty.

I am a Hospice nurse and I love my job. I like to knit, quilt, swim, garden and fish. I also must admit I AM A VOYER!!!!!!! I can't help it. I am addicted to watching Survivor. By the way, a new Survivor series starts this Thursday if anyone is interested! So no one call me on Thursday nights between 8-9pm. My family has learned to lie for me and will tell you I am busy and can't come to the phone! Good boys!!!!!!

Starting this week I plan on getting my water in by filling a jug up each morning. The rule for me is that I can not go to bed untill I have drunk all my water. So hopefully I will get most of it in during the day. Downing several ounces of water at bedtime is not condusive to a full nights rest if you know what I mean!!

Anyway, I am glad to be in this challenge and I WILL be the Queen!

See you on the Beach!
Carole
Old 02-14-2005, 12:21 AM   #3  

Cool

Hi Princesses,

Nice to meet you. My name is Jo. I'm 50. I'm happy to take on the QOTB challenge.

I've been married to Dennis for 24 years. We live in Grand Rapids. We have 2 boys. Mike is 11 and I homeschool him (6th grade). Chris is 7, in public school, 2nd grade. We have 4 dogs, my favorite of which is Barney (hence my username, of course). I am a busy person and my favorite time of day is when the kids go to bed at night and I can have some peace. I tend to stay up too late and have been known to be tired the next day.

I like to lay on the couch and read with my dogs on top of me, swim, do step aerobics, ride my bike, watch "24" with Kiefer Sutherland, go to musicals, go out for dinner, go to Chicago, and spend time with my girlfriends.

I have a 64 oz. jug to drink my water. I always feel tons better when I drink plenty of water. Carole, should we make it our policy to drink an equal amount of water before or after we drink a caffeinated beverege?

Jo
Stage I Beer Belly Babe
Old 02-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #4  
Princess of Goshorn

Hi Jo!
Glad to see you! I think that is a good idea. Say hi to Den and the boys from me!!!
{HUGS} Carole
Old 02-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #5  

Hi ladies! I'm with you! Trying to change my screen name, however. Currently it's Ima Leaner, but I'm wanting to change it to something else. Sounds like I can't stand up straight!

Anyway, I am turning 49 a week from today - my one year before the big 50! Hoping to gain control of myself and take better care. I have 4 children, 3 in college and one in 10th grade. I work part-time which takes up alot of my time.

I de-stress by knitting (eating was the previous option) and visiting with friends.

Looking forward to these next weeks/months/etc...to a "leaner" me!
Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #6  

Hey, Ivana - is this plan listed somewhere at this site? i.e. week#1, #2 etc.? I couldn't find it at the home page of 3FC's and wondered where you found it?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #7  
Princess of Goshorn

Hi Ima-No, this is our own personal challenge. The threads will be listed only in the "group" section. I participated in this challenge about 4 years ago and got into really good shape and placed a copy in my Word. I have been having trouble getting under control so I thought I would bring it out and see if anyone wanted to join me.
Carole
Old 02-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #8  

Hello Princesses! I am the young one of the group, sorry! I am 27 and live in Chicago, Downtown near Greektown. My parents have the trailer next to Carole's in Saugatuck. I am currently in between regular day jobs, I was working at Brookfield Zoo for 2 years up until October. In the mean time I am working full time at a bar (which means 8 p.m. to 4 A.M.!!!) Talk about not condusive to healthy habits but I am working on it.

In my free time I love to walk my dog around the city, he too is a shitzu and his name is Bailey. He, unfortuantely, is in much better shape than I! I also spend a lot of free time with my friends - at other bars and going to concerts. I destress by making candles but sometimes with the mess I make it creates more stress : )

The 64 ounces of non-caffinated beverages is going to be difficult because working nights you need the caffiene to keep me going but I have a 20 ounce bottle that makes it not so overwhelming! Hopeing that this try will really get me going!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #9  
Princess of Goshorn

Hi Amy! I'm glad your here!
Carole
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #10  
Princess of Goshorn

To the top
Old 02-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #11  
2girlzmommy

HI everyone! I'm Julie. I have recently turned 30 and had my second child (another girl as you can probably tell from my username) . With the turn of 2005 I made up my mind to lose the extra....um...too many pounds I have added to my waist (not to mention other places) over the last 5-10 years. I am also doing weight watchers and so far have had a fair amount of loss but still have a LONG way to go. I work with Carole as a Hospice nurse as well, and am glad to have support and accountability in place for this challenge! With only just over 4 months until the first of summer I have a lot of work to do...bring it on!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, I'm a day late as per my usual habit, but this sounds like a great challenge.

People online usually call me Kiwi, IRL my name is Kath. I'm 49, married 18 years and have a daughter who just turned 17. I don't know where the time goes, because I'm still carrying my pregnancy weight Anyway, would like to join you all and will get out the giant water bottle as soon as I post this.

I don't follow a structured weight loss plan, so I'm going to have to come up with something for next week. I used to keep track of calories until it drove me completely whacko.

Kiwi
Old 02-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #13  

Default Hi Everyone

I'm Anita Smallerass, and I'm looking forward to being in the group. Still trying to figure this out, I thought I posted yesterday, but today it doesn't show up

I'm doing well with the water, 'cuz I already drink alot and I gave up pop and coffee awhile ago (4 the most part).

Anyway, I'm married, 42, no kidlets just 2 dogs, who I have finally started walking again and it feels soooo good!

Thanks, Ivana, for pulling this all together!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 AM   #14  
Princess of Goshorn

Hi Kiwonk, Anita and 2girlz,
I glad you could join us at the beach! Anita and Lena, I love your name !!!

I am doing ok in getting my water in but I am going to have to pay better attention. The past two nights I have had about 10 ozs left when it was bed time so I had to down it. I need to budget my water better so I don't have interrupted sleep!

Have a good day princesses!
Carole
Old 02-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #15  
dmc

Smile Ilean Machine

Hi Everyone,

I'm Debbie and I'm 51. I'm married and have 1 daughter who is Amy or 24 no more in the group. I'm always late doing stuff like this, sorry. I don't even know if I'm doing this right! Carole and I are neighbors in Saugatuck, she keeps us laughing and she is a great neighbor and friend. I'm really glad she started this group because I needed to get motivated. I've lost about 45 lbs. in the last year and a half. My husband and I both joined our local health club and he went from a major couch potato to an exercise buff. I on the other hand have not been as good at working out. I do want to lose another 20 or 30 lbs., but mainly just want to be healthy. I already drink alot of water, so this part has been easy. I try to follow a healthy eating plan, lots of fruits & vegies and cut out those bad carbs that taste so good.

I really don't have any hobbies, but I do love being outside. I love the water, lake, ocean or the pool. I love to swim. I enjoy going to plays with my daughter and just hanging out with her. But, as everyone who knows me, knows that I am the queen of shopping!!

I think I've talked enough for now, nice meeting everyone. I just want you to know that I'm already the queen of mostly everything, so I will win this challenge!!
Closed Thread