Old 02-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Feb. 6th-13th

Monday morning,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. DH & I watched the Super Bowl last night because the New England Patriots were playing. Which, they won BTW
I usually don't care for football, but I really enjoyed myself even though half the time I didn't know who had the ball and had absolutely no idea of what they were doing.

Rae, A cousin of mine created her own low carb diet and lost 40 lbs. Have you ever considered Somersizing? Her program is more of a food combining program where you can eat your carbs. The food combing is confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a great way to eat. All of us started out Somersizing, but for one reason or another some of us got away from it. Anne is still Somersizing with great success.

Hi Anne, Nikki, Lynn, Cat.

Have a good day everyone.
Ali
Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone:
Aleka, the dog my sister is looking at buying is a west highland terrier, I
am glad I finally know the name to tell you guys

I have seen that biography on Suzanne and I was shocked. I couldn't believe
she did a thing like that . She always seems to emphasize her love of her son and her Alan so much so I didn't get that at all

Aleka, I missed the football game. I wanted to see Sir Paul

Rae I like somersizing because I can still enjoy fruit and cereal

Nikki, we had the most awsome weather this weekend. I was in heaven. I
know it won't last. The bubble will break shortly

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi Lynn, hope your computer is fixed soon.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #3  
Nevermore Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE D

Rae I like somersizing because I can still enjoy fruit and cereal
I've heard of Somesizing but unfortunately, living in a out of the way canadian burg, haven't the resources to look into it. Can I Google it? Is it online? Anyone who can be nearly 60 years old and looks like THAT has got to have something

Bad day today with stress from work and I indulged myself in homemade cookies, but tomorrow is another day!

Have a good one ladies, what's left of the day!

Rae )O(
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  

Good morning,
Rae, you can go to www.suzannesomers.com click on community and then click on discussion. They have a very active board there and you can learn a great deal. Aleka wrote an essay for 3fc's on Somersizing. Go to the homepage, click on diets and then click on Somersizing. If you want to learn about the basic concept and how to do it, that essay is a good place to start. You don't need to buy any of her products, but she has about a million of them. You can buy her books on Amazon or any major book seller, besides her site. They are all about the same, except they have different recipes. The best one in my opinion is Eat Great and Melt the Fat Away, also Fast and Easy is a good book. But, you don't have to buy anything. Her website has wonderful recipes that are contributed by members and they are free.

Anne, those West Highland terriers are the neatest dogs. Part of me really wants a dog and the other part knows it wouldn't be a good idea. It's hard enough to keep the cats quiet during the day when DH is trying to sleep. I can just imagine a dog running through the house and barking.

Ali, to answer a question you asked last week, I don't have a Teeters inversion table, but I wish I did. I have a Total Gym and I put the slant board at a 45 degree angle and then lay back. It gives me the same kind of traction on my vertebrae, but I also slide down the board after awhile. I would love to have a Teeters table, but doubt I can find the money for that any time soon.

It's been snowing here and has turned cold. Brace yourself Anne, it's not as bad as it has been, but it's still a shock after having temps in the 60's around here.

Talk to you all later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 02-08-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone,

Rae, ditto what Nikki told you about where to find out about Somersizing, and her website has a lot of good information. Here are a couple of Somersize Recipe sites that are really good. www.slgkali.homestead.com/RecipeIndex.html
www.recipecircus.com/recipes/SomersizinDebB/ All of Suzanne's books are good. Personally my favorite is Fast & Easy only because I don't like to cook. Her food is fabulous. Even though I don't Somersize 100% anymore, I occasionally still make her recipes, but modify them by using lower fat ingredients. If you're interested in giving this a try, take out one of her books at the library, read it over, and if you do decide you'd like to Somersize, then go buy one of her books.

Anne, West Highland Terriers are so adorable. A cousin of mine has one named, Max. He is so loveable and cute. Your mother and sister will be very happy with one. I watched Sir Paul during half-time. He was awesome. He did a medely of songs from the Beatles and Wings.

Nikki, YAY!!! Your weight tracker moved. You're doing fantastic!!!

Lynn, hope your computer is fixed soon.

Have a good day everyone.
Ali
Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone
It is raining cats n dogs today, by the time I got to work I was soaked because it was blowing and an umbrella is no good in that kind of weather.
I should have know the rest of my day would follow suit......

I went to balance the cash this morning and every float I have was out of balance The young girl that works with me in the afternoon is not suppose to go into the cash cupboards. If she needs change she is suppose to get it
through me. (We have all these dumb rules here_ Well.....I had all my
cash drawers all over the place and guess who shows up out of the clear blue Thats the kind of day I'm having

Nikki, you are just doing awsome Wow, you must
really be feeling great.

Are any of you guys have pancakes today?

Have a great day.
Anne.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:47 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone,

My girlfriend is arriving today for a visit until Fri. She is down here visiting her son, who doesn't live very far from me, for a few days. I have to meet her and lead the way to my house because there are a few streets to go down to get here. We'll be doing our usual, lunch and shopping.

Anne, you haven't mentioned in a while. How are things going with her? I think that rain you had is heading for New England. But, I saw on the Weather Channel that they're supposed to get some snow.

Hi Lynn, Nikki, Rae, Cat

You all have a wonderful day.
Ali
Old 02-09-2005, 08:09 AM   #8  

Good morning,
More snow, but it's the beautiful, fluffy kind. The kind you see on Christmas cards and wish would happen on Christmas Day.

Anne, does eating pancakes have anything to do with Lent? I love pancakes, but I'm avoiding them. I made some pancake muffins a few weeks ago that were really good. Way too good, so I ate the last 6 all in one day. I really have got to stop letting trigger foods into the house. I know I can't really control myself around stuff like that and yet, I have some kind of little voice inside that says, 'this time, you can resist it, just let it in the house'. So, I do and then later, the same little voice says, 'just have one more, go on, you know you deserve it'. And then, there you go, I'm eating 6 muffins in one day.
Anne, I sure hope you have a better day today. Sounds like yesterday would have been a good day to have stayed in bed. Some how, even if you try to stay in bed, things have a way of happening anyway.

Ali, have a wonderful time with your friend. Enjoy the eating, the shopping and the time together

I'm taking the day off from exercise. It's kind of hard to do, I like to do it. But, my muscles are needing a good rest. I got the Core Secrets tapes and need to watch them. The first one is called FUNdamentals. I watched it yesterday and I must say, FUN is not what it looked like. I love WATP, because she does make it fun. This FUNdamentals looks really dull and boring. I hope the other tape that I watch today is better. I really need a good work out for my abs. I guess I shouldn't really judge this program until I do it.

Rae, hope your day is less stressful and cookie free. Say no to the cookie, Rae Oh, I love our icon, it's very dimensional and purple.

HI Lynn Hope you get that new computer soon. I miss you a lot and hope your doing ok.

Have a great day you guys, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 02-09-2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone:
Nikki, Pancake Tuesday or "fat Tuesday" is the day before Ash Wednesday.
It is sorta your last day to indulge before lent.
My day yesterday was a nightmare. Can you believe when I went out for
lunch with my co-worker we were side by side riding up on the elevator. I
was complaining to her about the cash drawers and coming over.
Out of nowhere this senior citizen lady came up behind us and started
blasting us for standing side by side on the elevator instead of being in
single file. Normally I would have just taken it. But I really told her off
It was like I had one nerve left and she just stomped on it.

Today hasn't started much better. When I was on my way to the bus I
thought I had lost my money from my wallet. You might imagine how mad
I was Suddenly crash, my DH took a big flip outside when he was walking along side of me. He really went with a thud on the cement I think he was distracted listening to me going on about my wallet. When I arrived at work I found my cash.
I had placed it in another deparment. Lets hope the rest of my day goes
better.
Today is Chinese new year. It is the year of the rooster and I happen to
be a rooster Lets hope it works out that way!!!!

Aleka, I hope you have a great time with your friend!

Nikki, you have been doing great. Its a good idea to give those muscles a
well deserved rest!

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #10  

HI again,
Anne, I guess I've never heard of Pancake Tuesday. Even though most of my friends growing up were Catholic, I guess, I'm not very observant.
I'm a rooster myself and I was just thinking the other day about how I hope it's a good year for roosters You have a birthday coming up real soon. We have a lot to look forward to this year, Anne.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 AM   #11  

Good morning,

DH had to go into work very early this morning and my girlfriend is still sleeping. So, thought I'd catch up on my e mail. Had a great day shopping yesterday. She is a very devout Catholic so we stopped into a church, stayed for a short mass, then got our ashes.

Anne, I've never heard of Pancake Tuesday either. HMMM, I learned something. That was awful about your DH falling. Is he alright? I know how scarey it is when you think you've lost some money out of your wallet. As for Chinese New Year, I was born in the year of the Rat. How lovely!

Nikki, it's good to rest your muscles from time to time. How many days a week do you exercise? I aim for at leat 5.

We're off to do some more shopping today.
Have a great day everyone.
Ali
Old 02-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #12  

Good morning,
Anne, is your DH feeling ok today? I know about 24 hours after I've been in a tumble, that's when I really notice how sore I am. Hope he's doing ok. Glad you found your money.
I have never heard of some kind of rule about standing a certain way in an elevator. I can't blame you for going off on her. Some times, it does get to be too much.

Well, I did the Core Secret tape this morning. This is the first tape in a series. In 2 months, they send another one. It's only 20 minutes and it goes by pretty fast. I hope the next one is more intense. Still, I am feeling it in my abs and I think I like the tape. It is fun after all.

I walked 3 miles on the treadmill this morning and I'm wondering if that WATP is really 3 miles. It only takes 45 min and when I'm done, I'm not half as pooped as I am when I do 3 miles on the treadmill. AND, I had to really move to get 3 miles done in 55 minutes on the treadmill. I mean I had to jog several times and it took 10 minutes longer. I have a pedometer and I think I'll wear it and try to find out if WATP is really 3 miles or if the treadmill is not accurate.

Ali, have a wonderful time today with your DF. I usually exercise 5 days a week too. Sometimes, 6, but there is always some place to go or something that happens, so I'm doing good getting 5 in.

Got a big day. The girls and I are going out for lunch, then I have to take the oldest to the dentist and later shopping for groceries.

Take care, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 02-12-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  
Nevermore Originals

Talking

Hey all!!

This week was a killer for me, with work and all, but you know what? when all is said and done I still lost 1.2 pounds this week! I've been doing over 2 miles a day on the local Precor elliptical machine and doing circuit training 4 days a week for the last three weeks or so. I'm starting to notice that my clothes are fitting differently! I spent an hour and a half this morning making out a menu for the next 12 days or so, so I could just go to the grocery store and pick up what I wanted. Guess what? Not only did I get everything on my list, but I spent a full 60 dollars less than I was planning on! WOOT! This makes me very happy. Low-ish carb meals for the next two weeks and the whole family is going to LOVE it!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Rae )O(
Old 02-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #14  

Hello everyone,
It's Monday, so I'll start a new thread.

Ali