How is everyone this glorious day?

Nothing much is happening here, sosdd.

Whats going on by you?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning everyone!

Hi Leenie!

I've gone through major "site withdrawls." I got a major computer virus which put my PC out of commission for a while, and I'm terrified to use my work computer to check on everyone. They do remote scanning, and have let us know that they can see what we're doing at any given time. Kind of scary -- huh??? Big Brother is definitely watching us!

Anyway....cost a fortune to get my PC back up and running, but it was sooooooo worth it! Missed everyone and as soon as I catch my breath I'll read the back dailies to see what's new in the world of my favorite group of chicks!

I'm still off-plan, but I wake up every morning with the best of intentions. I'm just searching for that right place in my psyche to get started.

It's raining like crazy so it might be a good day to get the taxes done!!!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:38 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you and your family are feeling better and can enjoy the weekend.

Paula: Hey, it's all about timing! Baby steps!!! Glad you're back

Well, I'm going to quit stepping on that scale altogether. Don't know what the is going on, but it's back UP again. So it's like I haven't lost ANYTHING this year. Yes, I've been OP so that's not the problem. But ya know, I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'm hoping to get my fat rear in gear and start exercising again next week. Maybe that'll shake things up. DH told me he has to go to the store but won't tell me why. I jokingly said "will it fit on my finger." And he said yes Turns out there's a jewelry store going out of business around here and he wants to check it out. I'd love to go with him..but DD still isn't feeling back up to snuff. Still hacking away and droopy looking. So I'm going to have to trust his taste. Of course, I got to thinking and had decided I really didn't want a ring yet--but now he's not listening. lol. Go figure! Well, hope you all have a great weekend!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!!

Hi Leenie!!

B- Throw out that dang scale!!! ahahahaha

Sped- So happy to hear you again!! I know what you mean baout finding the right place in your psyche, I am all about that right now!!

Well made it to the gym 2 days in a row and that feels excellent, eating is going OK, I little more LC bread than I would like but I am not going to fret about that! Cleaning the house today and then gonna try to get the boys out of the house, can we say "STIR CRAZY!!"

I fixed some of my goals and broke it up a little bit to make it not seem so FAAAAR away, so I now have a Onederland goal, my first goal will just be to get into the 100's and then I will modify from there.

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chicks,

Has anyone seen Uggamugga and Purple Hugs lately ? Gee I miss them chickies.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/205/140

Smile I would like to introduce myself.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I filled out the bio page last week and have been lurking on several lists to find one that would be the most helpful. I must say that I am very impressed by the information I have found here, it has been very helpful. All that said, I figured I should stop being a voyeur and participate. Here goes!

My name is Kimberly, a single mother of three beautiful children. I have struggled with my weight forever. It wasn't until an incident this past summer that it became a true emotional issue for me.

It was when my family and I were at a local amusement park and we were going on a ride. Imagine my embarrassment when the seat belt would not fit around me and I was forced to leave the ride with about 300 people staring at me. Never Again! I promised myself. I joined the gym, and started a low fat diet. It was a horrible experience, my trainer stood me up on several occasions and I lost any desire to deal with my eating or exercise routines. That was in October.

Luckily, about a month ago I had some things happen in my life that made me take a complete inventory of my life. I decided that things needed to change, namely my eating and exercise habits. I soon went to the library and checked out Dr. Atkins book and devoured it in a day and a half. I decided when I was done, that this was something I could do.

My first week was hard and I never even finished out the week. I had PMS and it was just to hard dealing with that and the withdrawal symptoms. The good thing that came out of that "trial week", was the reality that I was not prepared,(having the right foods readily available) and that I had a stronger desire to succeed.

So here I am 2.5 weeks after starting induction for the second time, I have lost 11 pounds and several inches. I feel great!

I am glad to have found this board to help keep me going.

I hope to talk more with everyone soon.

Kimberly

Last edited by kspence09; 02-12-2005 at 07:31 PM.
kspence09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kimberly and welcome, we are so happy to have you.

Your story is very heart breaking and I can relate to it more than you know. I'm so happy Atkins is working for you and that you feel great to boot!!! Your in good hands here with these ladies, they are the best.

Hugs and Kisses and Enjoy Your Journey To Good Health

Leenie
Old 02-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

TG: way to go on the exercise! Keep it up!

Leenie: Nope, haven't seen those 2 lately. Wonder what happened--probably got sidetracked and haven't had time to post lately.

Kimberly: Welcome! I know how the PMS goes. I struggle with it all the time. Mine is called PBS (permanent syndrome) . But you'll find that the longer you're on Atkins the more it'll help level that out. Not take it away completely..but make it so you don't feel like killing everyone around you.

I ate a little bit too much LC chocolate. Bad tummy....and gas! Hopefully it goes away soon! Yup, I'm seriously thinking of throwing away the scale. I've been more tempted to cheat today than I have the past couple weeks. Dang thing got me down. So now I've got to work on getting motivation back up again. And like I said, I'm going to try and get in more exercise (I haven't been doing ANY) from now on. Maybe that'll shake things up. If not, maybe it'll at least tone things up.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #9  
"Just call me Princess":)

Hello ladies!!

Sunday morning and my Saturday sucked so bad I didn't want to get out of bed.
I woke up sorta early to do the normal chores for me on a Saturday (mop the floor, clean up, dust...all the domestic stuff that gets done half @$$ during the week) anyhow...my bf tells me not to vacuum because he is working this afternoon...well ok...so I am thinking he wants to spend some QT since he would be spending the entire day at work. NOPE. He wanted to watch something on the tv, and the vaccuum would interrupt. GRRRR. LOL...So I cleaned up around the two of them...crankily. Then my daughter and I went out to run our errands. She acted so naughtily (is that a word). I found myself telling her that I was the birthday fairy and she would not have a bday March 4th if she kept it up. It worked for a while...Then she was back to being a brat...Grrr! So I am already cranky and upset...and I am calling my Mom to let her calm me down, no answer no answer no answer. Finally Dad calls me back...they have taken Mom to the hospital yet again. (My Mom has...r u ready...Lupus, MS, Heart Disease and Asthma) She was having chest pains, and loss movement in her legs. So they are thinking it was yet another stroke. Of course that took me over the edge and I had to sit at home and just cry for like twenty mins. BF put the groceries away, and him and Amber stayed home while I went to the hospital. It's just been a hard weekend for me.

Anyways....I cheated big time at night...I had...captain crunch.

SO I decided today is green tea day, and I am detoxing my body, I will restart this on Tuesday since who knows what today and tomorrow will bring. I know no excuse...but for right now I know its going to be hard.

So its almost 8am, and I have 4 classes worth of hw to do. I hope you girls are all having a good weekend! Sounds like everyone was doing Valentine's this weekend. WE aren't really doing much. I am baking a cake with Amber, a heart cake later this afternoon, then my nephew turned 4 today so we have to go to Chuck E Cheese for a bday party, then I will swing by the hospital to see my Mom and so Amber can see Grandma. The good thing is BF is doing the laundry (yaaaay)...I hate laundry. I would rather scrub toilets then do the laundry.

Ok...gotta read for my econ...yuck.
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Julia: Don't stress the slip up. Give yourself credit because what you went through (and are going through) is tough. It's always best to worry about keeping yourself sane/healthy first THEN work on the eating-to-get-healthy part. Hope your mom is ok!

Robin:

Well, right away when I woke up this morning I got a phone call (was lazing in bed talking to DH)...my Uncle & Godfather died in a crash early this morning. Some kid was speeding and hit him. The kids' speedometer was stuck on 80! So I have to deal with that. We weren't close...but isn't it always regret that hits us for NOT being as close as we wish at a time like this? Trying to keep my mind off it anyway. Haven't stepped on the scale but I hate that thing like a passion. So no more official WI days. I'm going by my clothes from now on and they feel ok. I feel a little bloated for some reason.
OH!! I think I might have figured out why. For those of you who've been on Atkins and started taking BC pills...did it bloat you and make you gain weight? And could it do that within a week of taking it??
Old 02-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!
Well nothing exciting to share here, cleaned the house yesterday and the boys were BRATS!! They are totally stir crazy with all the rain we have had lately, did the bills and we offically have no money!! I want to buy a new vaccum cleaner ours is shot, I have some bonus left that I can use for that. Going to the gym this morning, other that that just gonna try to get the kids outta the house at all costs!! hahahaha

B- So sorry about your uncle and god father, that is rough, hang in there!

Princess-Don't worry about the Capt crunch just move on, hope everything settles down soon.

Hi Robin -HI Leenie!!!

Kimberly- great to meet you and so happy you decided to post with us!!! Sounds like you are doing excellent too!!! 11 Pounds!! GREAT JOB!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Hey there chickies! Just time for a fly-by to let you know that I miss you!

Work has gotten insanely busy and I'm spending most of my days in meetings with Sr. Management (very good for me!). Eating has gone to **** since I feel strange about bringing my own food in so I'm just eating whatever catering brings in for lunch. On the plus side, I'm getting my exercise in so that's keeping things even.

It looks like I will be getting offered a permanant position!!! Yippee! Even better is that 3 of the Sr. Managers want me to work for them, so there's great potential for me. I'm sooooo happy!

That's the quick recap for now. I've got to go get ready for a photo-shoot (isn't that fun??) TTFN!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #14  
"Just call me Princess":)

Ok four hours later and I am finally done with the hw. BF actually was very supportive this morning , as I was giving him the silent treatment...hee hee. He made me breakfast, eggs and turkey bacon (my fave)--and some water. MMM. LOL. He entertained our daughter, and finished up on the laundry. My mom is undergoing another MRI, so keep her in your prayers or good thoughts.

B--I am sorry to hear about your uncle and Godfather. That sucks. Even if you weren't close, its family, and its never fun to loose a part of your family. I hope you are doing okay, and I wish the same for the rest of your family.

I don't know everyone by name yet but Theos Girl thanks for the positive energy.

You guys are so sweet.

I hope that everyones Sunday is a nice one. I am going to go and do Valentines with the little one. Have a good one!!
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

TG: Make the kids play in the rain. As long as it's not lightning what can it hurt?

Star: Congrats on the soon to be permanent job. And what's the photo shoot for?

Julia: Hope the MRI turns out ok. Glad the BF is being more supportive.

Well, eating went to **** today. Pizza and breadsticks. Can tell because my lips feel like they're drying out again. So I'm trying to drink more. I'm not even worried about it right now. I bought a pair of pants for the funeral but wasn't paying attention (and didn't try them on there) and found out they were junior sized. ARGH!! So I'm going tomorrow to get a pair that WILL fit (in women's size!).. then going to get a plant arrangement for the funeral. The showing is Tuesday and funeral Wednesday. Turns out...DH is pallbearer. My sis' hubby is an and refused to take off work (money hungry SOB) to be one. So the BIL that has a bad back is going to be one. Did I mention my Uncle was a BIG dude? It's going to take ALL their muscle! He's being shown in a flannel shirt. I'm glad because I think people should be shown the way they are....and he was never w/out a flannel shirt on! Makes one think, that's for sure!! Hoping to get my eating back under control. If not today, then after the funeral. I'll worry about it then.