hike 0 0%
sitting in the AC house 2 14.29%
other 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 10:26 AM   #1  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default 20-Something July 5

Hey, were is everyone? I miss my friends. Come out to play.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:31 AM   #2  

Angry

Hi Trish! I am here!

How was your 4th? Mine was good, did some things around the house, and went to the fireworks last night.

Gotta run to a meeting, I will post more afterwards!

p.s. I picked swimming as my favorite. But walking outside is a close second.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:47 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Rollerblading!! Gotta meeting, check in later.

B!
Old 07-05-2001, 11:17 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Noticed no one was here, then got busy working. My fave summer activity... I have LOTS! But I love going to County and State Fairs. I used to work for the State Fair, and still do with the county fair, plus my job deals with Fairs on a regular basis... I LOVE THEM!!! I also love to go camping and gardening.

My 4th was uneventful. GOt together with family and them went home and worked on.... my Fair stuff. But we are going camping this weekend, so that will be a nice break... I am exausted today!
Old 07-05-2001, 11:45 AM   #5  
Proud Mama

Thumbs down

Mornin' ladies!

Well, today is day one OP! It's so hard to drop down to 25ish points when you've been consistently eating around 45!

My favorite summer activity is having a BBQ with friends. Wish I had some friends around here I could have a BBQ with! LOL All of our friends live too far away.

Lots of work to do today (as usual) so I'd better get moving again. I got about 1/2 way done with the kitchen website yesterday... hopefully I'll be able to finish tonight!

Cheers!
Old 07-05-2001, 12:13 PM   #6  

Default Happy 5th - 1 more day until the weekend :)

We had a nice 4th although didn't do anything patriotic. I did wear a belt with an american flag belt buckle my dad sent me Actually DH and I slept in, cleaned the house, worked out, ate lunch and cleaned, got my hair cut and went out for Mexican with friends. We had a nice time. I ate way too many chips but the chicken fajita salad was excellent! Anyone know how many points are in a whole bowl of tortilla chips ??

My favorite summer activity is sitting in the sun. I agree with Janet about the BBQs with friends as a tie though. I love being outside but I am not very active.

Janet - I can't wait to see the pic of your kitchen! Way to go getting back OP

Tonya - Glad you got to see fireworks. The DC fireworks were rained out (I think). We saw somew on TV.

Jen - It's great that you get to work with fairs since you enjoy them so much.

Trish - I am here and I am bored! Come back often!!

Hi Belle!

Steph - Glad to see you back. I think it is great that you are ready to face the scale and get going again. Maybe it won't be as bad as you expect.

I have nothing to do today. I ahve been calling places about getting drapes hung. It looks like it will cost between $100-150. I want to get it done before the party we are having next Sat. My dad comes tomorrow and I am working at home. I am so excited!!! I'll be back later.

Sarah
Old 07-05-2001, 12:24 PM   #7  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hi!

I havent' read any posts from Tues, Wed or today. I'm going to play catch up but just wanted to say 'hi' Having a bad morning so any extra kudos would be welcome

I like tons of things in the summer: rollerblading, hiking, swimming. I like it all!

"Life is the greatest adventure you'll ever go on. Make sure you don't forget to enjoy the ride." -- Author Unknown
Old 07-05-2001, 01:05 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Hi All,

I am working like crazy right now so I haven't had much access to a cpu, I hope everyone is doing very well!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 07-05-2001, 03:25 PM   #9  

OK, confession time... I have been totally OFF PROGRAM all week. Ever since I had WI last Saturday. And since I am not able to go this week, I really sloughed off. Last night I told hubby I was planning on quitting my meetings because they are too hard to fit in. Am I totally nuts??? I just can't seem to force myself to get on track. Burnout I guess. Since I am a slow loser... I get way too frustrated. And I have been gaining every month on the week I ovulate... I hate that. I am also debating about switching to the Liberty plan that allows me to pay more per meeting but I can skip up to 4 meetings inbetween weigh ins. I just don't know what to do.

Things are getting way too over whelming for me. Between work and Emma and dealing with family issues... I am going nuts. I feel like a walking zombie all week. I am exausted!!

UGHHHHH... that is my vent. I hope you all come out and post!!!!!
Old 07-05-2001, 03:42 PM   #10  

I absolutely can not stand anoher 30 minutes before I leave to go home. Today has been painfully dull. I have hardly done any work b/c there isn't anything to do!!! I wil be at 10 points by the time I get home and we are having BBQ chicken, salad and rice for dinner. I want to stay at 25 points for the day. I don't want to gain at WI on Sat!!!

Jen - I heard on another message board that you retain water when you ovulate. If this is true, my 3.6 pound gain last week really wasn;t so bad! Chin up. I hope that you stick with the program and are able to fit the meetings in. I know you can do it even if it is slow. It took me 18 months to reach goal weight and I stil had a Dr. note!

Ali - Glad to hear from you. How is lifetime going?

Kudos to Brenda!!!!! I hope your day got better!!

Ok, I am going to waste the next 20 minutes and then head out to the gym. I am working at home tomorrow so I don't know if I will be on. Wish me luck at WI on Sat!!! Hi to everyone!!

Sarah
Old 07-05-2001, 04:16 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hola! Que tal?

I'm practicing my Spanish. So far, I'm not very good. I can say hi, how are you and ask somebody their name. I keep thinking of the phrases in German instead of Spanish! And my German is very, very rusty. I haven't used it hardly at all in 11 years.

I missed everyone yesterday! But I actually managed to have a good day. B/f had to work at the last minute, so we had lunch and then he left. But I went to the mall with my friend Lindsey (Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale — I bought a thong! ), and then went to a cook-out with her and some her friends from college. Then we came back to my house to watch the fireworks from my front porch (great view). A few more of our friends came over to join us and we hung out on the porch, lighting sparklers and eating jellybeans.

My fave thing to do in the summer is definitely being able to hang out outside instead of in — like restaurants that have outdoor seating, or just plain sitting on the porch with friends, a bottle of wine or a few beers. And I love going out on the water!

Anyway, I didn't go to WI yesterday because I wasn't even sure if I was happening, but I ate like a pig so I'm worried I won't lose when I do go tomorrow. I had lunch at Red Lobster (stuffed flounder, salad, roll and stuffed mushrooms!) and later in the day I had a steak (it WAS small), lots of cheese and crackers and three frozen Tom Collinses. Oh, and Lindsey wanted to go into the candy store at the mall so I ended up with a bunch of jellybeans. I ate some, but shared the rest with everyone later.

Bad food day. Bad! But whoever said holidays were easy to deal with. This weekend I'm going to Atlanta to visit a friend so I'll be faced with eating out the whole time. Or, he'll cook. He's German and an excellent cook, but it's definitely not low-fat. Then, Depeche Mode on Monday! Still, b/f wasn't able to get the days off and I'm kind of bummed to be going alone. It's a 7-hour drive, and I hate long drives. I frankly wish I could beg out of it, but it wouldn't be fair.

That's about all I got. I hope some people are around to read this!

Last edited by kimobi; 07-05-2001 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2001, 04:29 PM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Not much time...but

Jen: DO NOT STOP. I have to tell you from experience that when I stoped going to meetings all to gether, I gained a lot back. I then went on the liberty plan and it was great. I think that is the way to go. Even if you just go to weigh in and not stay for the meeting, I think that accountability is very important. I have found for myself that I did very poorly if I did not. Also, I am a very slow losser too. Don't let that bother you...the scale is just one measure. But we all hit burnout. That is ok, just jump back on. I also gained the week I ovulated. That is just my body. Chin up and try to fit in some Jen time.

Ok, went to the Dr. today. He said everything is going well. I gained a lot of weight, but he did not say anything about it. I also got to see the baby again (they do an ultrasound/sonogram on me like every 3-4 weeks to see everyting). The head is HUGE...but it is normal for 14 weeks. We don't know the sex yet (may find out) but boy that kid sure does more around tons! Anyway, it was very exciting time at the Dr. Except that I feel like I have gained too much weight. I am going to tell my WW group this weekend. They must think I just dropped off the face of the earth or something but I wanted to hold off telling them until we were a little further along.

Ok, Hello to everyone else. Brenda: hope you morning got better.

Trish
Old 07-05-2001, 04:39 PM   #13  

Trish... 14 weeks is awesome!!! That is the point when the baby becomes more stable and the probablity of miscarriages drops dramatically.. YAH FOR YOU! I am soooooo happy everything is working out soooo wonderfully!!! Oh and my doc said she would not worry unless I gained more than 35 pounds. She also told me that everyone gains differently. Some gain a lot right way and them taper off, others don't gain until the end, and yet others (me) gain, don't gain much, then gain again. If you doc isn't worried, then don't worry!!!! My old hair lady said she gained 56 pounds with one of hers.

I think I may go towards the Liberty Plan, not sure yet tho!!! I hate the up and downs.... and maybe if I go every other week, it would be better for me. Not really sure yet, but I will mull it over this next week, since I am not going this weekend (camping).
Closed Thread