South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 08:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - February 12 and 13

Wakey! Wakey! The Girls slept in again this morning - they must have known it's the weekend. The stove is crackling, they are fed and snoozing and I've had breakfast and a coffee. Come and join us!

We had a little dusting of snow last night just so we wouldn't get too smug about having longer and sunnier days! I got some of the wood moved yesterday and Harry (yes, HARRY!) brought some in. He also shovelled off the main deck! It must be spring. He can barely walk but managed to shovel - go figure! It's not a miracle, just a change in attitude.

Today I will do a load of laundry to keep caught up and also do a "niggle". You know those things you keep thinking you must do but never quite get done? I have a long list of "niggles" and am trying to get them done. I spend more time thinking about them than doing them! Today I'll return Claire's fancy tiered cookie plate that I've had since she brought me goodies for the Christmas Eve party.

What's happening in your part of the world this morning?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #2  
Learning to love ME!

Good morning! Things are going well here in Michigan. It's supposed to be 40 here today! A heat wave! This weekend we're going to celebrate my son's first birthday. My sister, aka "the sabateur," made a cake for him, so I'm a bit worried about resisting it and the Ben & Jerry's ice cream I'm sure she bought to go with it. But I think I'll be OK. oh, and I have good news--I lost 4 pounds this week! My first week on SBD (Phase II). And I'm finally at my pre-pregnancy weight (a year later, but better late than never ). How is everyone else doing this Valentine's Day weekend? Any romantic plans?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:02 AM   #3  

Good morning, everyone! It feels good to get in here before the afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good this morning but I am down another half pound. That makes 6 pounds this week which is way too fast! Oh, well, I am starting to get my appetite back so I'm sure my loss will slow soon.

My son, Brian, seems to be doing better this morning. He hasn't had much of an appetite but is eating grapes for breakfast. The more fluids the better, is the way I treat the flu.

Today is supposed to have rain but I am hoping it holds off until we get these Scouting for Food bags picked up. We meet in another 1 1/2 hours.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #4  

Happy Weekend! I am so glad that it is finally here!

Barb My DD's first soccer game is today at 1:00, so I REALLY hope the rain holds off. She is not going to be a happy camper if it rains and the game is cancelled. I cannot wait to see what a bunch of 3 year olds running around looks like. Should be comical if nothing else!

Stressful and tiring week overall- I am so glad it is done! School stress, money stress, just not much fun!

I am going to catch up on what everyone has been up to. "Talk" to you later!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shining in Cape Cod,after having all the snow(over 3 ft) a couple week ago and its finally melting. Nothing exciting is happening in our house this weekend. Its my sons 33 rd birthday today,and we'll be together via telephone as I lives in another state.My DH are not going to celebrate Valentines,as we see it as another commerical holiday.The only thing we bought for each other was Low Carb Whitman's Chocolate candiy Hope it won't effect my weight by Tuesday W-I.

BIG Congrats on your 4 lb weight loss Gypsydancer. Sorry to hear your were ill, hope you feeling better.Barb but 6 lb lose is great but not that way.

Have a nice weekend Ladies Hugs BB
Old 02-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #6  

Good Morning All!
I hope everyone is doing well! I love the weekends, even though they always seem to go by so fast (much quicker than any 2 day cobination during the week!). I have no specific plans this weekend besides classwork and the gym. We are having lots of warmer days here so hopefully Spring is around the corner....no matter what that groundhog said/did!!

I am getting my PhD in human/child development. (I don't have any kids of my own yet, but I can give some pretty good advice !) I began this past summer and received a fellowhip (requiring the move from Boston to Missouri) that covers tuition/expenses in exchange for teaching. I had seven years off between my masters and no and two years between undergrad. and masters (hope no one is really good at math! ). Laurie...what are you getting your masters in??

Gypsydancer: Congrats. on your son's birthday and the weight loss goal! Resist the cake and icecream combination...it won't be nearly as good as the feeling you get when you step on the scale teh next time and have more loss!

Ruth: I hope your "niggles" list is shorter by the end of the day!

Peace to all-
Toni
Old 02-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What's everyone soing up and at em so early on a Saturday? I'm supposed to be cleaning, but as I was dusting the office I couldn't resist peeking in to see how everyone here was doing. I'm feeling better today, I just hate it when I start getting depressed, it seems that since the holidays it's been worse. Oh well, Spring will soon be here and then I'll should start feeling like my old self again! Yesterday was such a LONG day! Then I got home late and Jake was a little P-Od that I didn't let him know. HE SLEEPS during the day (nite worker), and when I do call he gets annoyed cause I woke him up. So I'm darned if I do, and darned if I don't. MEN!!!
Ruth, I never did make the Shrimp Stir-Fry yesterday, did you? I ate 2 veggieburger patties and DH(?) had leftover chili. (HE'S not Catholic)
Barb, quit complaining about the 6 LB. loss! LOL! I'll take it if you don't want it - my weight has been stuck for a while.
HI to everyone that I didn't post to personally.
Better go finish cleaning, DD is coming out later with the GD's.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:47 AM   #8  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good morning ladies - wanted to pop in from lurking to say hi and to brag about my P1 progress. It's Day 12 for me, and this morning the scale was down 9.5# total - yippee!

Still debating whether to do a third week of P1, or move into P2...? At this point P1 is pretty easy, so I may just stick with it for now.

When I do start P2, I think instead of starting by adding a fruit this time, as I did last time, I'll add a dinner starch instead. I've found I enjoy V8 juice with my cottage cheese snack, whereas before I was having an apple with it when I moved to P2. I never really did see how P2 worked for me for very long in the fall, as I started dating someone, and SB went out the window! Not this time though - BF is on-board with this lifestyle for me - he saw how easily eating carbs caused me to gain, and now he's much more supportive! I told him it's to his advantage to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Ok, time for a very late breakfast - you gals have a great weekend!
Cindy
Old 02-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #9  

Hello Ladies,
This morning I woke up and said no more. I'm tired of always feeling tired. I'm tired of always craving sweets, carbs etc. I've been trying to do Ww, but unforunately when I do journal and keep track it always seem to be carbs on my list.
So as I type i'm printing off my list of phase 1 foods. I have done SBD about 1 1/2 years ago and lost about 15 lbs, but once I got on phase II I started slipping and back came on about 9 lbs. It's so hard to get back on track, but I've made up my mine. So today, i'm heading to the grocery store with list in hand.
any advice?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #10  

Okay, I'll try to post this again... Didn't work the first time.

Anyway, I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start! As for me, I was going to wait to announce it in case it was a fluke, but as of yesterday, I reached my half-way point! 25 pounds down, 25 to go.

I hope everyone has a good Valentine's weekend. DH and I are going to Silver Springs tomorrow to see the World of Bears exhibit. Who needs a teddy bear when you can see the real thing?
Old 02-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hello everyone

Hope you are all behaving this weekend! If not, at least have fun!

Celebrated my bday a few days ago very quietly. My son who is in basic training also has his birthday that day, but he wasn't there, so I was a little blue. Didn't have anyone to make a cake for. That made it easy to not cheat.

Just got back from my run in the snow......blechhhh. I'm ready for warm weather even though we need the water. Have been good diet wise. Hoping to keep it up, but it's always one day at a time. There are so many times I want to give in to cravings and am always so glad when I don't

We leave this week for South Carolina. My son graduates from basic training and goes on to advanced training. My oldest daughter is driving over from Atlanta and my oldest son and family are coming from Nashville! I'm so excited to see them. We'll only be there for four days but it will be a great time to catch up and get some grandson hugs. Plan to pack a bunch of on program foods.

Anyway, I'm off to snuggle up with a book.....after I finish my ironing.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

Helloooooooo

Lot's of birthday happenings going on out there. We're actually going out to dinner tonight for my husbands grandma. There'll be about 20 of us going to dinner at Ruby River It's quite the mix of people so it shall be interesting. I had to buy me a new shirt just to wear to dinner. It's more of an in-your-face kind of thing. My sil did nothing but berrate me for deciding to do SB so now I want to show her just how well it's working! I keep telling myself that I will grow up.....one day.

The hardest temptation for dinner is going to be to bypass the cheesefries and beer. I wonder if they have wine, maybe I'll give that a whirl.

I weighed myself at work today and I think the scale is lying. I use the same scale everytime(I go over to the home dept and use it since I don't own one yet). Tuesday I was back up to 156, Weds I was down 1.5 pounds and now today I was at 151. I just don't get it! I don't think it's right. Maybe if I hadn't lost every single ounce of motivation to exercise I might believe it.

Camden has another tooth busting through. He'll be eight months on the 19th.

I did some retail therapy today....not too hard when you work at a big dept store!! I feel guilty but really happy at the same time. I'm such a clothes horse!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their w/e. I'm starting to see the light at the end of this evil 7 day stretch. I'll have Tuesday off. At least tomorrow I don't have to be to work till 9 as opposed to 7.

I really suck at personals....sorry
Old 02-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #13  
Faith in me

Hello Ladies!

Everyone seems to be doing well and doing a great job on the beach! Not much is going on around here...I've been busy working all weekend...I have to work all day tomorrow...just me and my manager....Yesterday after work I went over to my brothers and out to dinner with him and his fiance and her brother and his friend...was interesting....then some other friends came over to my brothers house......Today was kinda slow....I went out shopping.......bought a few Valentines....unfortunately I don't have a special Valentine........but in time it'll happen I suppose or should I say hope lol...So does anyone have any big plans for Valentines? I'm just working and probably just gonna come home and watch a movie Well I think I'll get for now....I hope you all are doing great! Have a great night and a great day tomorrow!!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:21 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey all a quick drag by for me! I just got back to Mom's a lil bit ago from my sister's. I was redecorating her bedroom for her but she stands still slow so it took forever! I am exhausted! Headin to bed and just wanted to say hey. (not that anyone is up)haha Not even close to an OP day! Tomrrow probably won't be either but come monday it'll be alright! Oh wait I'm supposed to be posting not singin! See I need to get some sleep. Goodnight all!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:41 AM   #15  
I vant to draw your blood

Morning, Chicks~~

I'd say "good", but I'm one cranky chick this morning. DD is camping and we're doing fur babysitting duties. Little demon won't let me sleep and DH is totally useless. I finally gave up at 4:30 and came downstairs. I'm going to post this, then put in a mindless movie and try to nap a little before BIL comes down to annoy me too much.

Yesterday was kind of fun. DH and I had lunch at Longhorn (Renegade steak and baked sweet potato for me) then browsed around Cost Plus, Pier One and the mall for a while to walk off the lunch. Went over to Kohl's and found a cute workout outfit for 50% off. It was so awesome to actually be able to wear a size "L" rather than an "XL" for the first time in years and years.

I get weighed and measured at the gym on tomorrow, so we'll see what kind of progress I've made since Christmas. I'm not holding my breath for anything dramatic...

I'm also having some bloodwork done tomorrow. Cholesterol being one of the tests. Also having a rheumatoid panel done. Stupid joints just will not stop hurting and I hate taking Tylenol every six hours round the clock...I worry that I'm pickling my liver. Can't do Ibuprofen b/c it kills my stomach. So, keep toes crossed we can figure something out...

Okay time for a nap.

Mamacita
Closed Thread