Old 02-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Moms Losing Weight #42

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!
Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:27 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Coffee sounds nice right about now... even though I don't usually drink it.

Not too much planned for today. Just a little at home exercise since Andrew is still sick. Nicholas has speech at 10:00 and that's about it.

Tomorrow we will be set out in front of our Super Walmart from 9am to 3pm to premote the Kidney Walk. We had another article come out in Wednesday's paper... I will try to scan it soon

Have a great day! TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #3  

Penny, it's sounds like you are as busy as usual! try to get in some you time! Glad to see you posting, but I wish you could get some sleep.

Good morning everyone else! I am fixing to head to the gym. DH is off today, so I hope I can run there myself....it's so much easier for me...well, for anyone for that matter. DD is at school, so he'll get some play time with just bugga. I will check in with everyone later! bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

I know I had said I'd give details on Allison, so here they are...
January 30th
1:22 am
7 lbs. 11 oz.
19 1/4"
From the time I got to the hospital and the time I had her, my labor was 4 1/2 hours. I pushed her out when I was only 8 cm and the doc wasn't there. The nurse delivered her and everything was great.
Thanks for all your concern. Hope everyone is doing well.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!
Glad to see that everyone is up and about already! It's weird sleeping all by myself at night, since dh is working all night long but today he has a couple of days off. He came home and is going right to bed, sleeping a few hours then we'll go grocery shopping, whatnot, and he'll go to sleep with the rest of us. This sounds like it will only mess up his schedule more, having no real routine but I don't know.

Crystal-seems like you had an easy go of it! My girlfriend is in labor for like 30 hours! Glad all is well!

Mel-Have fun at the gym. Glad to hear that dh has some Bugga-time! They need that!

Penny-Good luck to you with your Kidney walk promotion. I hope it does even better than the last one! Is there anything new with Michelle?

Well, since our weekends are different now I am getting ready for this one now. I have to mop the kitchen floor and DS#1 ruined my mophead so until I go shopping I have to do it by hand, on my hands and knees! Oh well, I have to look on the bright side it's a good workout! BTW- I gained a pound this week. Maybe it's just today because I ate to much last night. I was just so hungry. I overate. Question- when you start working out more do you all get more hungry? I don't know why...but for the past couple of days I really am hungry in the p.m.! Argh! It doesn't do any good to workout if you're gonna eat more! Duh!
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #6  

Crystal, glad to here all went well for you at the hospital. I know you weren't crazy about going ther to deliver allison. Congrats!

Roxy, I absolutely felt ravinous the first week that I started to exercise and that week I didn't reduce food at all. I took it one step at a time. I took about two weeks to feel NOT hungry. Now it's the opposite. If I don't work out I feel it. The trainer / speaker guy told me that when you exercise you release something that acts as an appetite suppressant for a short period of time. But I think the first week, you body is looking to replace those extra cals that you are burning off. Have fun being on those hands and knees, I hate when I have to clean my dining room floor, because I have to do it like that. It's hard word and NOT fnished. It's like Karate kid. Wax on Wax off..ugghh. Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #7  

My name is Michelle, and I work from home on a small jewelry business I just started. I have a 7 year old daughter, and I was just married for the second time a few months ago. As of now, I'm not on a specific diet plan. I'm going to see how I do on my own for a couple of weeks, and if I don't see any results, I'll try WW.

It's good to read the posts from other moms... reminds me there is no excuse to be sitting here reading a forum instead of using the exercise bike that is only two feel away
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Didn't mean to leave you hanging...

Here are some pictures of Allison. These are both when she was just a few days old. She's now 12 days old. But I haven't taken any pictures of her since these.

mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Thanks for the post Mel! That helps, glad I'm not going crazy.

Crystal-Awwwww! What a sweetie! Look at all that hair, I'm jealous, mine are bald!

Hi Michelle! Welcome! I'm Roxy, mom to 10 children. The ladies here are so supportive and nice, a wonderful group of friends! Some of the ladies have just started the South Beach Diet, it makes it fun and inspirational when you can eat and help your friends! There is so much research on 3fc among the threads make sure you do your homework and read some of the other threads before you start. We wish you luck on your weight loss journey!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #10  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone. I ended up taking myself t urgent care last night. I have bronchitis. They gave me a prescription, and after one dose I am feeling alot better. Quick question: Can anyone tell me why drugs cost so much? I got 20 pills and it cost me $100. I am still resting, and drinking lots of water.
Crystal, cute baby.
Welcome Michelle.
Have a great day everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal-What a cutie! Love that head of hair. I'm in the baldie group too. All mine barely had any. Glad all went well. My longest labor was 21 hrs...the shortest was 2 hr. 49 min. She's adorable....

Roxy-How can you mop on your hands and knees? I'd be dead, well at least my arms would. I'm not losing or gaining so far this week. I'm getting tired of eggs for breakfast...so I'm just dying for phase 1 to be over soon.

MichelleJ-Welcome. You have you're own jewelry business at home? How awesome is that! I'm trying to figure out something I can do from home to make some money and help out with the bills. I have 3 girls and can't see working full time to pay out $200 a week for daycare.

Melissa-Morning! Have fun at that gym.

Penny-Wish I liked coffee too. I was woke up at 3:30 this morning by dh. He said he felt weird. He woke up dizzy and then he felt like he had a bunch of pressure in his head with his ears ringing. I went to see what he was talking about and his whole head, neck, arms and chest were red like a lobster. He said his skin felt tight and tingly. So it was up to the ER for him. The doctor says it looks like an allergic reaction to something. He's supposed to check with his doc today to see if it's the cholesterol meds. they have him on.

Today is a slacker day for me, I think. After working all week, I need to lounge a bit. My wrist is still killing. Darn it! I'll get some housework done and some laundry too. Lucky me, we don't have anything put back in the family room except the entertainment center and my computer...NOTHING TO CLEAN THERE! Must check other email stuff and get showered up. TTFN>

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #12  

Hello all! Back from the gym. Got in a 35 minute workout and burned 420 calories and did 2.9 miles on the precore. Glad I got that in. Wish it was more, but I'm beat this week.

MichelleJ, there is another Michelle here, just so ya know...Anyway, Welcome to our group. I"m sure you will like it here. Everyone is doing wonderfully right now with diets and exercise with the support of each other. Hang in with us. BTW, we start a new thread each morning, so keep you eyes out for us the next day.

Chris, glad you got to check in with us. HOw's that carpet..../???? is it all done?? How is SBD going today?

Crystal, she is BEAUTIFUl. BIG eyes too! Love babies with those big eyes.

Roxy, glad you found my tidbit helpful. You are doing great. Keep it up!

Anyway, I have some major cleaning to do. Dh didn't keep bugga when I went to the gym, so It too longer to come and go then I stayed...lol. He had to do some stuff and then It turned out he got a call from a guy at work and didn't do anything. I don't know. Men Can't talk on the phone and do anything else...can they? I mean, Most of us can probably talk on the phone, write on the computer, do laundry and empty the dishwasher practically at the same time. OH well. Now he's out, he had to visit a former employee at the hospital. I swear when he gets a day, we never get to spend it together. Oh well. Time to clean house.!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

hey girls!

Welcome MichelleJ!

Melissa, I hope you had an enjoyable workout How would you like us to deliver your BLC winnings to you? Paypal? Mail? Let us know

Penny, your walk is gonna be great!

Crystal, Allison is just beautiful!! Are you getting any rest?

Chris, I'm sorry your wrist is still hurting Are you still using your gazelle?

Roxy, Hey my lil patootie I hope you have a nice day!!

Okay so I hopped on the scale today and I was at 206 even so I was pretty happy about that, for dinner tonight I'm having a salad and some sugar free jello. Hope you all have a great day!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-My gazelle is stuck downstairs right now. My dh folded it up so we could get the carpet in. I'm diggin that bugger out tonight though. I finally have some strength back in my hand this afternoon. By tomorrow, barring any heavy lifting...I should be about normal.

Melissa-Housework, work-out, hard work...what kind of work won't you do? I wish I had your determination. I'd be stick thin, if I did. I'm almost to that half way point and I've heard that's the make it or breat it point. I pray that I have it in me to keep going.

Jillybean-Where ever you are...I made that dessert. I'm trying it with sf lime jello. Kind of a keylime pie looking thing. I'll letcha know what I think when its fully chilled.

Roxy-MAAAAA! Where are ya? Busy scrubbing that floor. I have to get some vacuuming done and some laundry folded. MY usual.

Okay...my sister left me a cd to listen to. Three guys from are church recorded it in the basement of one's house of all places. It sounds sooo good. I'm really impressed. My mom picked me up one too, just my brother forgot to bring it over to me today. I got even though. I made him change my flat on my van and take it to get it fixed.... See it doesn't pay to be the baby of the family. He'll learn.

Gotta check on my brood. I've got my sister's kids too. They are trying to get some financing for a house. I hope they can get one. IT would be great for them. They live in a tiny 2 bedroom basement apt right now and as the kids are getting older...it's getting more and more cramped.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Default Job interview....

Hello everyone!

Roxy, I have had to do that. Scrub the floor on my hands and knees, yuck! My heart goes out to you.

MichelleJ, welcome. Hope to see you around more.

Crystal, what a beautiful baby girl!

Michelle, glad to see that number is starting to go down again! You really seem to enjoy the Gazelle. I haven't been able to use my orbitrek in a while, cause of being sick....but I am looking forward to getting back on it. tomorrow, I plan on starting back on it, but slowly, about ten minutes at a time. I am hoping that now that I am breathing a little easier, then I can work my strength back up, increase my energy, and start feeling a whole lot better.

Well, believe it or not, I have a job interview tomorrow at noon! Send some positive thoughts my way, ladies. I really want this job. The scheduling is flexible, and it's commission, sales, and I know I would be good at it! Just have to get that across to the woman I am meeting tomorrow! LOL, I will use Jedi mind tricks, and get her to hire me! (Okay, still a little goofy from the cough syrup. Gotta love that stuff!)
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote